PDA

View Full Version : I'm Not A Racist, Are You?

duckula
20-04-2005, 11:00 PM
Canny Racism Test. (http://apatchofblue.co.uk/racismtest/)

Apparently some academics with too much time on their hands have produced a test to discern if you have predjudices in your reactions to different races. I came out clean, but will you?

Digital_Ice
21-04-2005, 12:35 AM
damn thing wont load

deviljet88
21-04-2005, 12:59 AM
Says I've got a moderate automatic preference for White People over Black, which kind of makes sense since I rarely interact with black people compared to whites in day to day life (because there's like no blacks in my school, not I avoid them).

JackYang
21-04-2005, 02:37 AM
hmm won't load..

seventhson
21-04-2005, 06:04 AM
My result was "Your data suggest a moderate automatic preference for White People relative to Black People" . OK, I guess I could have guessed that. I am a white guy who has white relatives, friends & neighbors. However, I have been raised in a multi-cultural community with white, black, hispanic, asian & persian people...Houston is the 4th largest city in the US & isn't too far away. I love all 4 million of my neighbors. I have black, brown, yellow & green(when-drunk) friends. The type of people who bother me most are the ignorant (mostly-white) red-necks who can't look beyond the color of a person's skin to see their light within. Believe me, we have no shortage of ignorant red-necks in some of the rural communities of south Texas. I thank God that most of the people I hang with aren't ignorant. I guess alot of people are a little racist. If I take into consideration that my friend Mike is black and I try to be sensitive about how he may feel uncomfortable hanging out with me and four or five other white dudes, and try to help him feel like just one of the guys when we are all together, I guess I am racist because I didn't think squat about how Dave is a white guy and I told Dave to kiss my ass when he wanted to play my best guitar and I didn't trust his clumsy white ass with my good axe. Mike agreed that he wouldn't have let Dave play it if it was his, either. Mike knows how to treat a good instrument so I handed the Martin to him. Anyone who notices another's race is racist, I guess.

Peace,
(-: SeventhSon :-)

Flightfreak
21-04-2005, 09:05 AM
Your data suggest a moderate automatic preference for Black People relative to White People.

I have an adopted brother from Haiti...more than the half of my parents their friends are black...I want to become a bush pilot in Africa...

Liam
21-04-2005, 09:13 AM
I'm clean (little to no preference). I don't really get how something like this can calculate a racial 'preference', but mine is a good result so I'll run with it.

I think all those years of gaming finally came in handy. I was pushing buttons like lightning.

Narg
22-04-2005, 12:20 AM
stuff the quiz, ill just answer the question with one word: 'yes'

Digital_Ice
22-04-2005, 12:23 AM
im intruiged.... how the hell does pressing keys correspond to you being racist...

if its because you automatically hit "bad" when you see a black face etc... then thats pretty crap... as it gives you like for bad words then a black face etc... and so by reflex of repetition, you (well i did) hit bad...??

well anyway i have a "very slight" preference to whites over blacks...... apparently

acliff
22-04-2005, 07:07 AM
Didn't you read the explanation of how it works on the site?

Digital_Ice
22-04-2005, 07:34 AM
theres an explanantion???

damnit....

Urbanebula
22-04-2005, 08:26 AM
Don't need a quiz.

No! Equality all round! :p

hasselbrad
22-04-2005, 12:13 PM
Your data suggest a slight automatic preference for White People relative to Black People

Ha! I guess I fooled them, seeing as I am a Southern, conservative white male. Aren't we all supposed to be Klansmen?

AureaMediocritas
22-04-2005, 12:57 PM
Your data suggest a moderate automatic preference for White People relative to Black People.

well well well :err:

MrPink
22-04-2005, 03:13 PM
Your data suggest a moderate automatic preference for White People relative to Black People

mmm quite surpirsed bout that... i'm a white guy living in africa... thought i'd have no preference, then again i'm also south african so....

quite pissed off that they didn't have white african in the form thingy.... it's not a myth, there are white people in africa

DragonRat
22-04-2005, 06:41 PM
Apparently, I moderately like white people more than black people. Which is true.

I don't really doubt my racist tendencies. It's just a fact of life. I don't say it out loud to people, and I'm sure, in all honesty, I'd try to give a full and sound judgment on any stranger I met. But, I'll be frank, it's true I would favor one race over others: Chinese. And maybe then Koreans. Then white people.

I think it's alright for people to believe whatever they want. It's only upon acting on those beliefs in an unethical manner, is what racism and other types of discrimination its form. (Wow, that guest lecture on ethics and ethical decisions the other day was pretty good.)

What we all really need to do is watch some South Park. If you laugh at Cartman's humor, then you're racist. That's the gist in my opinion.

MrPink
22-04-2005, 07:07 PM
Apparently, I moderately like white people more than black people. Which is true.

I don't really doubt my racist tendencies. It's just a fact of life. I don't say it out loud to people, and I'm sure, in all honesty, I'd try to give a full and sound judgment on any stranger I met. But, I'll be frank, it's true I would favor one race over others: Chinese. And maybe then Koreans. Then white people.

I think it's alright for people to believe whatever they want. It's only upon acting on those beliefs in an unethical manner, is what racism and other types of discrimination its form. (Wow, that guest lecture on ethics and ethical decisions the other day was pretty good.)

What we all really need to do is watch some South Park. If you laugh at Cartman's humor, then you're racist. That's the gist in my opinion.
thats pretty deep....

americanrebel88
23-04-2005, 05:19 AM
I am a racist because it is foolish not to think in terms of race. Race is genetics and genes are what we are composed of. Race is a major part of what we are. You will usually treat your family better than strangers. Your race is part of your extended family and so you should treat them different than other races.

Freedom is not free. Free men are not equal and equal men are not free.

acliff
23-04-2005, 06:03 AM
I am a racist because it is foolish not to think in terms of race. Race is genetics and genes are what we are composed of. Race is a major part of what we are. You will usually treat your family better than strangers. Your race is part of your extended family and so you should treat them different than other races.

Sig Heil!!! :icon_err:

Ashley
23-04-2005, 09:57 PM

I think hear the General from The Duke's of Hazzard revving it's engine, and Dixie playing... weird.

DefyingGravity
24-04-2005, 01:50 PM
Everyone's a little bit racist.

Sarah
24-04-2005, 08:24 PM
Your data suggest a strong automatic preference for White People relative to Black People

Thats only because I kept confusing the goddamn keys up.

Leonie
24-04-2005, 09:36 PM
Your data suggest a strong automatic preference for White People relative to Black People

Do you have an ordinary white or a modern/cool/popular black goddamn keyboard? :icon_razz

Andrew
25-04-2005, 12:58 AM

And I suppose you think black people are to blame for this. :icon_lol:

robert
24-05-2005, 07:48 AM
I just took the test and it said I had a moderate automatic preference toward white people. This is normal, I suppose, considering I am a white male who lives in a community where there are virtually no black people. But I do say, I'm surprised I feel that way considering all the time spent in the joint and all the twisted, pagan asatru rituals. :banghead: