PDA

View Full Version : Sin City

Fancyman
04-04-2005, 12:30 AM
Yeah, I'm coming back after who knows how long and starting two new threads back to back. What are you gonna do about it? Yeah, nothing. That's what I thought.

This movie looks...well badass. It just looks plain badass. I want to see it so bad. I hear its not out in Europe yet, but I'm just curious what people have heard about it or if you've seen it feel free to share your review of the film. My girl is bringing me to see it as part of my easter basket so if you give any spoilers I'll more than likely rip you a new asshole and have Appogy fuck you in it. Hugs and kisses XoXO I <3 you.

Louie
04-04-2005, 01:16 AM
Black and white? With little specks of color? Cool!

Kelsey
04-04-2005, 01:37 AM
I saw it last Wednesday night. It was cool. I don't think I've ever seen so much violence in my life. You know you have reached a new level of violence when you have to use the plural of "castrations."

Spire
04-04-2005, 05:13 AM
Good movie, not as violent as some make it out to be though. I've seen far, far worse. Go watch Ichi the Killer or Audition if you want violence.

Mags
05-04-2005, 12:49 AM
I don't think I've ever seen so much violence in my life. You know you have reached a new level of violence when you have to use the plural of "castrations."

I was checking out this movie yesterday morning and read the following review on Rotten Tomatoes (http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/sin_city/)
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v717/Magzah84/Castration2.jpg

What a popular consensus...except for what I've heard from everyone else I know who saw the movie.

Weird.

I probably won't see it, just doesn't really seem my style.

Ashley
05-04-2005, 02:49 AM
Wow, what are the odds eh?

The type of graphics... like the digitalization of it looks really cool but I concur with Mags, it's not my genre of film.

Kelsey
05-04-2005, 06:57 AM
Yus...that's where I saw it.

Has anyone else seen this movie yet? It was number one at the box office, though you could never tell that by my theater.

simdimidy
06-04-2005, 11:24 AM
the trailer...just made me go...

:O :O :O :O :O :O :O

my god...

wow!

the bit when the like shines on clive owen and it goes into colour just where the light is....my dear god, Cannot WAIT!

Pinkfairy
06-04-2005, 02:44 PM
I've seen it. It's really good. My friends wanted to see it because Jessica Alba plays Nancy the stripper and she's naked in the comic... I went to see it because Quentin was a like a guest director.
I think Alexis Bledel did a good job (or maybe I was just glad she wasn't playing Rory Gilmore). Another one of my favorites was Elijah Wood who plays Kevin because he was really creepy.
It's got some humour, lots of violent action, and it's a lot like the comic.
Go see it if you liked Kill Bill.

Jasper
07-04-2005, 03:43 AM
This movie was fucking great. I am fixing to see it again in a few days... and I almost never see movies multiple times in the theatre. If you like the comics, or even if you don't, this movie is very entertaining. It stays very true to the comic.

frodo1511
07-04-2005, 11:46 AM
Damn good movie.

I'll leave it at that.

Jacoby
12-04-2005, 10:47 PM
Extreme goodliness. Very well made. My favorite sub-plot had to be Merv's. All three of them were great, though, no complaints. I will definitely be buying this film on DVD.

Much better than Kill Bill.

Renegade
13-04-2005, 01:23 AM
I plan to see it next week so I can use the free movie pass thing. Alexis Bledel looked pretty hot from the trailer, unlike her character from Gilmore Girls.

Kelsey
13-04-2005, 05:51 AM
What the hell am I missing about this movie?

Maybe the fact that it is adapted from something (just like everything else these days) ruined it for me. I don't know. I think I should see it again to give it another chance, but I dread the thought of sitting through it again.

r4nd0m h3r0
14-04-2005, 01:14 AM
ive seen it twice now

i love it.

Leonie
20-06-2005, 08:40 PM
K, it's finally out in the Netherlands, and I went to see it laaast... Thursday I think. Bloody subtitle-needing Dutchies.

One word? Whoa. Christ, that's a massive load of violence. All very much watchable, enjoyable and only slightly unsettling, except for a certain bit that reminded me of The Green Mile, and not in a good way. I didn't like Mr Rourke's bit of the film much, but the kick arse whores were... cool. I never thought I'd see the day I'd think being a whore was incredibly cool, but yeah.. there you go. (Yeah yeah, I know I'm now officially asking for some sarcastic remark.) Even Clive Owen, a.k.a. Mr Wood, was mediocre. As we all know, that's as good as it gets for 'Arthur'. I thought Alexis Bledel was awesome. Her character was about as faaaar from Rory Gilmore as it gets, but she was convincing.

One last thing: the Josh Hartnett bits were extremely random. I probably missed the interesting and thoughtful meaning behind the opening and closing scene, but to me... nah, just random.

frodo1511
20-06-2005, 09:53 PM
I liked the boobies. And the fighting. And the swearing. And the parts where Elijah Wood proceeded to kick the living SHIT out of anything that moved.

deviljet88
21-06-2005, 12:30 AM
Didn't like it. Fast forwarded most of it (yep, got a bootleg off a mate).

Jacoby
21-06-2005, 12:39 AM
One last thing: the Josh Hartnett bits were extremely random. I probably missed the interesting and thoughtful meaning behind the opening and closing scene, but to me... nah, just random.

The character is a hitman. I'm sure you knew that already, but I think it shows that he takes care of those who get away. Maybe the girl he killed on the balcony was a snitch from a different episode of the series. I may be completely wrong, but that's my guess.

Didn't like it. Fast forwarded most of it (yep, got a bootleg off a mate).

Maybe that's why you didn't like it. Anyways it says in the opening, "Not for little baby childrens. Maybe they should go rent the newest Land Before Time."

Spire
21-06-2005, 01:03 AM
The character is a hitman. I'm sure you knew that already, but I think it shows that he takes care of those who get away. Maybe the girl he killed on the balcony was a snitch from a different episode of the series. I may be completely wrong, but that's my guess.

I guess you didn't catch that last line he said, "I'll cash her check in the morning." Meaning she hired him to kill her, basically suicide.

And you didn't like a movie you fast-forwarded through? Wow, that's a shock. http://www.dspulse.com/images/Indifferent.gif

deviljet88
21-06-2005, 01:31 AM
You get as many murders fastforwarded or on normal speed.

Spire
21-06-2005, 01:32 AM
You get as many murders fastforwarded or on normal speed.

Yeah, that's totally how you rate the quality of film dumbass.

deviljet88
21-06-2005, 02:05 AM
Yeah, that's totally how you rate the quality of film dumbass.
So what did you rate the movie on, the number of breasts you saw?

frodo1511
21-06-2005, 02:25 AM

actually, that's not a bad idea.

I thought the death scenes were particulary funny, but maybe that's just me, since my pastor was sitting right behind me, and I couldn't help but laugh at every death.

Spire
21-06-2005, 02:52 AM

http://www.dspulse.com/images/Indifferent.gif

Is there any point in discussing film with you?

deviljet88
21-06-2005, 04:43 AM
http://www.dspulse.com/images/Indifferent.gif

Is there any point in discussing film with you?
Nope. I never claimed I was any cultured film critic unlike the lot of you.

KRev
22-06-2005, 03:18 AM
Forgive Jet. His parents put a lock on his Internet. He has to get his jollies off of movies.

And when hormones are raging, the finer points of modern cinema are lost in the mix.

Keyser_so_so
22-06-2005, 11:06 AM
I'm off to see it this Friday, after having to miss it last weekend due to a bitch of a hayfever attack.

I would say: 'you should try the graphic novels if you enjoyed the film', but I won't. Just go and see the film again.

EDIT: I think it may well be my favourite film ever... I'm not sure. It's stunning anyway, and it did the (seemingly impossible) feat of beating Star Wars ep.III in the excitement and amazment stakes.

deviljet88
22-06-2005, 12:15 PM
Forgive Jet. His parents put a lock on his Internet. He has to get his jollies off of movies.

And when hormones are raging, the finer points of modern cinema are lost in the mix.
When my hormones are raging, it'd suggest I'd give the movie a cracking review. Hm... Go and stare at Keira's The Hole very brief, but still of vital interest to your perverted self, naked scene Krev.