PDA

View Full Version : Ioan Gruffudd and British Acting (a good thing!)

ActinDiva
08-07-2004, 03:57 PM
Ok so I went and saw the movie last night with my Boyfriend (I made it a goal to actually WATCH the movie this time) and I enjoyed it. When I first heard about the flick... I was interested... but I wasn't jumping up and down about it like I did with last years "Pirates" or "Peter Pan" (yea I know... I am wierd). But when I heard that Ioan Gruffudd was playing the beloved Lancelot... I did get a little excited. I dont know how many people in this forum are from the UK and US... but I am from the US. And out here... the name Ioan Gruffurdd is a very unknown. However, my father and I have been watching this little mini series called "Horatio Hornblower" on A&E for about 5 years now, in which Gruffudd plays the leading role. When I discoved this... I ran to all my friends and told him how amazing he was! Well, even though the film was just so-so, Ioan stood out above them all! He completely looks, sounds, feels, and acts the part better than any actor I know! I have come to the realization that British actors carry stronger appreciation for there craft than most in the states. I hope to see Ioan and Knightly in another film together. (I think they would've had better chemistry than her and Arthur!)

Sarah
08-07-2004, 04:33 PM
And out here... the name Ioan Gruffurdd is a very unknown.

If I'm perfectly honest, I had never heard of him before.

Kyle_West
08-07-2004, 04:53 PM
I am one of the few people who not only thought Ioan did a great job in King Arthur, but I thought he did the best. But yeah before this I never heard of him. Hopefully he will become more recognized.

keira loves lipgloss
08-07-2004, 04:54 PM
im british the brititsh rock!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ryan
08-07-2004, 04:55 PM
im british the brititsh rock!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
so are half of the people on this board.

apoggy
08-07-2004, 04:56 PM
Lipgloss you won't be warned again, if you continue to spam with off topic remarks then a temporary forum wide ban will be given. Heed my warning

keira loves lipgloss
08-07-2004, 04:58 PM
sorry please dont ban me

duckula
08-07-2004, 06:22 PM
I've been a fan of Ioan Gruffud since Warriors.

Hazzle
08-07-2004, 11:35 PM
Hornblower myself...but still...knew the name before KA defo. Still think Clive Owen is the dog's bollocks though (not seen KA yet but everything else I've seen him in he's been awesome). British talent getting more and more recognition...excellent.

Ashley
08-07-2004, 11:43 PM
Ioan Gruffud was in Titanic, the fella who saved Rose form the water. That's when I first noticed him, even in that little part. Then I saw a few Horatio Hornblowers. He's got talent. I like the guy. I was excited when I saw he was in KA. Can't wait to see it.

ActinDiva
09-07-2004, 06:32 PM
I loved Hornblower! My dad and I are die hard fans!!! Am I the only one who thinks that Ioan and Keira would've had awsome chemistry... if KA were to do the whole love triangle story?

Sarah
09-07-2004, 06:40 PM
Ioan Gruffud was in Titanic, the fella who saved Rose form the water. That's when I first noticed him, even in that little part. .

Oh yes, I remember him.

''Come About!!!'' Was that the right line? and ''Be careful, don't hit them''.

Yeah, thats cool. Oh, so it is him. OK I like him now.