PDA

View Full Version : Calculus, Quadratic Equations Split Pennsylvania Town

barrington
29-03-2005, 08:48 PM
Clickie: http://www.ridiculopathy.com/news_detail.php?id=1292

WARNING: CALCULUS IS JUST A THEORY AND IS NOT MENTIONED IN THE BIBLE.

hmmm.

duckula
29-03-2005, 09:24 PM
See, it is this kind of crazed behaviour that makes me think religion should be outraged. I am shocked at the kind of influence the religious right have these days. If these idiots had one iota of intellect or knowledge they would see the rediculous nature of their actions.

deviljet88
30-03-2005, 06:12 AM
Noah's Ark and his frigging cubits can go to hell. Got that question wrong in the RE test. Planning to write in the evaluation essay about what a load of shit most of what they taught us was. If anyone has any ideas to put in, give me a PM.

seitanic
30-03-2005, 07:49 AM
sadly, I can easily forsee this happening in the near future.

hasselbrad
30-03-2005, 12:10 PM
Put a Calculus book on a string and drag it through the Terri Schiavo protesters. Seriously though, I find The Onion to be funnier

Dionysus
30-03-2005, 12:58 PM
i dont understand AT ALL
whats it about??
whats maths got to do with the bible, did i read this wrong????

barrington
30-03-2005, 01:31 PM
It's a satire about how the absurd right-wing christians in America are gaining ground over the educational institutions. Basically, it's in response to those crackpot governers who won't allow Evolution and standard cosmology to be taught in schools because it contradicts what the Bible says about Creation, noting that Evolution and The Big Bang "are just theories" and don't appear in the Bible - they've applied the same thing to advanced mathematics because "it's just a theory" and so should be banned.

Tsk.

Ashley
30-03-2005, 03:32 PM
Sounds like Kansas. There is/was a big debate about evolution and creationism being taught in public schools... please don't judge all Kansans because of it. Some of us are normal.

Dionysus
31-03-2005, 01:35 AM
wow, noone gives a shit about it over here, believe whatever you want i say

they should teach facts in school, and failing facts, the best most factual theories, these religious nuts shit me