PDA

View Full Version : Important Information For those planning to be Xbox 2 owners

Keyser_so_so
26-03-2005, 09:04 PM
PS3 will be better.

frodo1511
26-03-2005, 09:05 PM
STFU

Wait until E3

Keyser_so_so
26-03-2005, 09:06 PM
I'm waiting :)

frodo1511
26-03-2005, 09:22 PM
And what about the Nintendo Revolution...?

johnnyboy
26-03-2005, 10:38 PM
PS3 will own all...just like PS2 did and is doing, period, all others are insignificant

Foeni
26-03-2005, 10:45 PM
Get a good computer. Beats every gaming console on the market.

Jacoby
26-03-2005, 11:00 PM
PS3 will own all...just like PS2 did and is doing, period, all others are insignificant

Sony doesn't make a profit off their consoles.

Let's just wait until this E3 before we talk about anything. I'm not sure how this year's console war will turn out. Nintendo's "revolutionary" aspect to the system could be totally awesome or totally pointless. Let's hope for the former. PS3 sounds interesting with the cell. I'm also excited to see what Microsoft keeps/changes/alters for their next system. As I've said before, this is going to be the best E3 ever.

Digital_Ice
26-03-2005, 11:13 PM
a - technically it doesnt need to make a profit to be the best
b - foeni is right, eg. band of brothers: ps2 beats all other consolve versions, the pc version beats th ps2 EASILY

Scott
27-03-2005, 03:12 AM
Not interested in console specs, I just want to see there games they have lined up for the next gen. It was a BIG mistake getting the Xbox purely because it had the best hardware, there won't any games that I really liked until 12 months of it being out in Australia.

Sega should make a Dreamcast 2 :p

JackYang
27-03-2005, 07:10 AM
SONY WILL ALWAYS BE BETTER!!!

Anywho, I believe this thread started with the wrong approach. Really a huge debate thing, could go on forever. THIS TOPIC IS POINTLESS GOD DAMN IT!

deviljet88
27-03-2005, 07:16 AM
SONY WILL ALWAYS BE BETTER!!!

Anywho, I believe this thread started with the wrong approach. Really a huge debate thing, could go on forever. THIS TOPIC IS POINTLESS GOD DAMN IT!
Creation thread: OMFG HUGE DEBATE
Global Warming thread: Same diff... to some people
Newest poverty thread: Hm...

So hey, why don't we just watch until it dies. I've still only bothered getting only a PS1 and that's because my cousin pushed it off to me when they got a free PS2. My new laptop should hold up my gaming needs for a while :) However, I think XBox might edge ahead of PS.

Keyser_so_so
27-03-2005, 09:58 AM
Yay! My entirely un-hostile post has managed to spark something of a debate!

In the Xbox versus Playstation battle, I am in the Playstation camp. But only because I got a PS2 before Xbox even came out, and a PS1 before that, and the only thing that could possibly attract me to Xbox was Halo, which I wasn't massively impressed by.

As for Nintendo- well, they're out of the console market now, aren't they? I also prefer the PSP to Dual Screen, but only because I like the idea of the Mp3 and movie playing functions of the PSP!

And the PC. Simply, I don't have enough money and enough patience to be upgrading one. However, I think it's obvious that PC games are often better than console ones... Half Life 2, anyone?

And, I conclude with a statement that will enevitably enrage people- PS3 and Xbox2 are using almost entirely the same internal gizmos. So it truely will be a very close and exciting battle.

Discuss.

FooTM
27-03-2005, 10:07 AM
I just hope Xbox 2 doesn't have the rumoured wireless controllers.

I'll end up getting both anyway.

Keyser_so_so
27-03-2005, 10:27 AM
I just hope Xbox 2 doesn't have the rumoured wireless controllers.

I'll end up getting both anyway.

Your first point- well said. The Xbox controllers a quite hefty as it is, and a wireless thing as well would make them too heavy. They're nicely weighted at the moment.

Your second point- good on you. If I had the money, I'd do the same. It's always nice to have an open mind to either end of the scale.

Flightfreak
27-03-2005, 10:28 AM
Get a good computer. Beats every gaming console on the market.

The advantage that game consoles have is that every game is perfectly made for it, you also don't have to deal with OS crap, ect.
Spell consoles are a perfect medium for gamers, its cheap and the games have good graphics, easy multiplayer functions, ect
It's a different story with computers...

Keyser_so_so
27-03-2005, 10:34 AM
The advantage that game consoles have is that every game is perfectly made for it, you also don't have to deal with OS crap, ect.
Spell consoles are a perfect medium for gamers, its cheap and the games have good graphics, easy multiplayer functions, ect
It's a different story with computers...

Another thing with computers is that because they are constantly evolving and updating, no developers push the current systems to the limit, unlike console games- where because it is the same machine throughout its lifespan, developers are forced to make the most of it.

deviljet88
27-03-2005, 11:58 AM
Another thing with computers is that because they are constantly evolving and updating, no developers push the current systems to the limit, unlike console games- where because it is the same machine throughout its lifespan, developers are forced to make the most of it.
Ahh instead they go past the limit and then people get better graphic cards or whatever to play the game at a better quality. Therefore its better.

Jacoby
27-03-2005, 01:48 PM
You guys are morons and should do research. That doesn't speak for all of you. Just most.

Keyser_so_so
27-03-2005, 02:23 PM
E3 ain't that long away now, but when it does arrive it'll be time to compare shots. The first PS3 images are staggering, but I take a bit of convincing, even when it comes to Playstation products.

frodo1511
27-03-2005, 02:41 PM
As for Nintendo- well, they're out of the console market now, aren't they? I also prefer the PSP to Dual Screen, but only because I like the idea of the Mp3 and movie playing functions of the PSP!

Nintendo is the only company making a profit for every system it sells.

It seems that you also prefer crap technology, what with the Disc Read Errors, the dead pixels, the shocking-a-player-through-headphones, and so on and so forth. The DS is where it's at.

And how could you say that about computers?! Do you have eyes?! Don't know about you, but Half-Life 2, Doom 3, Far Cry, Age of Empires III, etc. have unbelievable graphics. Also, the developers have to code and work the game to be able to be played on various graphic cards, a tough job when it comes to coding a game for 1 or 2 consoles.

Keyser_so_so
27-03-2005, 06:27 PM
It seems that you also prefer crap technology, what with the Disc Read Errors, the dead pixels, the shocking-a-player-through-headphones, and so on and so forth. The DS is where it's at.

And how could you say that about computers?! Do you have eyes?! Don't know about you, but Half-Life 2, Doom 3, Far Cry, Age of Empires III, etc. have unbelievable graphics. Also, the developers have to code and work the game to be able to be played on various graphic cards, a tough job when it comes to coding a game for 1 or 2 consoles.

Your first point- the Disc Read Error is easily sorted out by using a DVD lens cleaner. Something that, if needed to, could not be done in a gamecube, seeing as disc size is a lot smaller. Dead pixels? What are they? I don't know, I doubt anyone but very computer intellegent people know, and it doesn't bother me as far as I know. Shocking a player through headphones? What do you mean?

PS2 is also a lot older than both Xbox and Gamecube, so please take that into account.

Also, check out what I said about PC games later. It was also not saying PC graphics are bad at all, it's just annoying that it all moves so fast. Even PC Zone (which I regularly get) has commented on the fact that when developing console games, the machines are pushed much further more often- i.e.- yes, some PC games do really astound by pushing the latest technology's limits.

As for DS vs. PSP, well, that is an arguement for another thread, but also one that shall always rage. There shall always be Nintendo purists, like many of my gaming friends- they all wanted the DS before there was even screenshots available, and they still haven't compared PSP.

Now, take a deep breath and prove me wrong.

FooTM
27-03-2005, 07:52 PM
Personally, I'm just waiting for Spire to arrive and say his points. He's the shit.

*wipes brown stuff off nose*

excuse me

Elijahfan
27-03-2005, 10:15 PM
xbox is better, anyway i just got xbox live like 3 days ago. i'm addicted to it now...*waiting for decline of grades*

frodo1511
28-03-2005, 12:18 AM
Your first point- the Disc Read Error is easily sorted out by using a DVD lens cleaner. Something that, if needed to, could not be done in a gamecube, seeing as disc size is a lot smaller. Dead pixels? What are they? I don't know, I doubt anyone but very computer intellegent people know, and it doesn't bother me as far as I know. Shocking a player through headphones? What do you mean?

PS2 is also a lot older than both Xbox and Gamecube, so please take that into account.

Also, check out what I said about PC games later. It was also not saying PC graphics are bad at all, it's just annoying that it all moves so fast. Even PC Zone (which I regularly get) has commented on the fact that when developing console games, the machines are pushed much further more often- i.e.- yes, some PC games do really astound by pushing the latest technology's limits.

As for DS vs. PSP, well, that is an arguement for another thread, but also one that shall always rage. There shall always be Nintendo purists, like many of my gaming friends- they all wanted the DS before there was even screenshots available, and they still haven't compared PSP.

Now, take a deep breath and prove me wrong.

If the Disc Read Error was so easy to deal with, then why are people STILL complaining about the DRE in the PSP, let alone the PS2(which has had problems since late 2003)?

Dead pixels are parts of the screen where nothing shows up. No color. "Dead". It's very common in the PSP (about 1 in 20 units has one or so). It may not be noticible to you, but I would want to have a quality machine for the $250 I paid for it. Also, Sony will fix any problem you have with the PSP, but YOU have to pay for the cost. Nintendo will fix a DS for you free of charge.

+1

Spire
28-03-2005, 06:48 PM
ROFL @ the incredible amount of stupidity being slung around in this thread. I'm going to post some of these "SONY AM AW3S0ME" quotes on some gaming boards, they're just too hilarious.

Here is some great "SONY AM AW3S0ME" news:

Sony ordered to pay $90.7 million in patent infringement suit (http://www.japantoday.com/e/?content=news&cat=3&id=332037)

Jacoby
28-03-2005, 06:50 PM
The PSP isn't that bad. The screen resolution is fucking amazing, to say the least. But I won't get one. I've compiled a list why:

-PS3s will play PSP games
-PSP can't stream much data so the games aren't very "meaty"
-I'm a cheap bastard and PSPs are expensive as hell.
-The analog"stick" is a flaming piece of shit.

I like my DS. Things may be dry right now, but they'll pick up. Once summer comes around it will be very awesome.

Spire
28-03-2005, 07:16 PM
More awesome Sony news, it relates to the awesome news I posted earlier.

Sony Ordered to Halt Playstation Sales (http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&cid=1896&e=1&u=/nm/tech_sony_dc)

SONY IS DA B3ST!!!!!!

FooTM
28-03-2005, 07:33 PM
More awesome Sony news, it relates to the awesome news I posted earlier.

Sony Ordered to Halt Playstation Sales (http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&cid=1896&e=1&u=/nm/tech_sony_dc)

SONY IS DA B3ST!!!!!!

Strangely, Sonys shares only went down 2 cents after that news :icon_conf

"There's no way that Sony's going to stop selling PS2s any time soon, so I don't see the injunction ever taking effect," said Michael Pachter, an analyst at Wedbush Morgan.

"Clearly if Sony loses the appeal they will pay the judgment and enter into a royalty agreement," he added.

Though I don't see why Sony just didn't pay off Immersion like Nintendo or do a Microsoft and actually buy part of the company.

frodo1511
28-03-2005, 11:07 PM
The PSP isn't that bad. The screen resolution is fucking amazing, to say the least. But I won't get one. I've compiled a list why:

-PS3s will play PSP games
-PSP can't stream much data so the games aren't very "meaty"
-I'm a cheap bastard and PSPs are expensive as hell.
-The analog"stick" is a flaming piece of shit.

Not to mention that the PSP is rather irrating to hold for a long period of time(buttons aren't really placed that well). Plus, who wants to hold the thing for 2 hours while watching a movie? Sony should make a stand or something for the lazy bastards.

Scott
29-03-2005, 06:33 AM

Um, the DS gets dead pixels. It's a problem with LCD screens in general, it's just not limited to the PSP.

Spire
29-03-2005, 06:58 AM
Um, the DS gets dead pixels. It's a problem with LCD screens in general, it's just not limited to the PSP.

All LCD screens are prone to having dead pixels. Now the PSP seems to be rather abundant with them though, at the gaming boards I post at many people bought a PSP and only two got systems without dead pixels. Some people even had as many as 13 dead pixels. There are widespread reports of PSP's having dust and air bubbles trapped in the screen, causing bad glare and image distortion.

It is a fact that Sony makes cheap hardware. It's estimated that roughly 40 million of the PS2 units sold are replacement units.

The truth is, Sony is $61 billion in debt (http://quote.bloomberg.com/apps/news?pid=10000080&sid=aiimIU_uzAs0&refer=asia).

Standard & Poor's today said it is reviewing Sony's A+ long- term debt rating, its fifth-highest, for a possible downgrade because the acquisition may damage Sony's balance sheet. MGM's losses over three years, which total about $740 million, make it ``uncertain what contribution MGM can make to Sony's profits,'' S&P said. Sony's total debt stood at 6.71 trillion yen ($61 billion) on June 30.

Sony is not as well off as you think it is. Rumors are flying right now that Samsung or other companies may buy them. They're getting their asses handed to them and their shitty hardware is part of the reason.

frodo1511
31-03-2005, 12:31 AM
^See? Nintendo knows how to make high-quality shit. No abundance of DS with pixels. I know about 25 people at school who bought a DS, and not one of them has a dead pixel, while a few "idiots" bought a PSP,and all but one have a dead pixel or two.

Keyser_so_so
02-04-2005, 08:24 AM
Bugger it. The point is, is that Frodo1511 knows quite a bit more than me technically. He won the battle fare and square, but I am still loyal to the Sony products- if only because I prefer the games.

Furthermore, the Playstation pads are the nicest, the PSP is rather shitty to hold, the DS will outsell the PSP by miles and however much I love the Playstation franchise I am waiting with baited breath until I can compare PS3 with Xbox 2. Whichever I'm most impressed with, my money will go to.

What about the opening line, Keyser? I hear you cry- well, it was to get this very fine arguement started. I thank you for your time.

Narg
03-04-2005, 03:51 AM
You guys are morons and should do research. That doesn't speak for all of you. Just most.

Fucking aye. I nearly vomited when i read this thread.

Jasper
07-04-2005, 03:49 AM
Remember kids, God hates console fanboys (http://www.ctrlaltdel-online.com/?t=archives&date=2005-02-05)