PDA

View Full Version : Which religion is the right one for you?

SimplyKnightley
24-03-2005, 07:21 AM
http://quizfarm.com/test.php?q_id=10907

You scored as Buddhism.

Your beliefs most closely resemble those of Buddhism. Do more research on Buddhism and possibly consider becoming Buddhist, if you are not already. In Buddhism, there are Four Noble Truths: (1) Life is suffering. (2) All suffering is caused by ignorance of the nature of reality and the craving, attachment, and grasping that result from such ignorance. (3) Suffering can be ended by overcoming ignorance and attachment. (4) The path to the suppression of suffering is the Noble Eightfold Path, which consists of right views, right intention, right speech, right action, right livelihood, right effort, right-mindedness, and right contemplation. These eight are usually divided into three categories that base the Buddhist faith: morality, wisdom, and samadhi, or concentration. In Buddhism, there is no hierarchy, nor caste system; the Buddha taught that one's spiritual worth is not based on birth.

Scott
24-03-2005, 08:05 AM
You scored as Satanism. (92% by the way, with Atheism coming in at second at 83%)

Your beliefs most closely resemble those of Satanism! Before you scream, do a bit of research on it. To be a Satanist, you don't actually have to believe in Satan. Satanism generally focuses upon the spiritual advancement of the self, rather than upon submission to a deity or a set of moral codes. Do some research if you immediately think of the satanic cult stereotype. Your beliefs may also resemble those of earth-based religions such as paganism.

I was brought up in a Christian family, and I never went to church, not even during Christmas or Easter. I haven't even touched the Bible, so I guess it's understandable that I don't have too much of a belief or understanding of religion.

PhoeniX
24-03-2005, 10:08 AM
You are an agnostic. Though it is generally taken that agnostics neither believe nor disbelieve in God, it is possible to be a theist or atheist in addition to an agnostic. Agnostics don't believe it is possible to prove the existence of God (nor lack thereof). Agnosticism is a philosophy that God's existence cannot be proven. Some say it is possible to be agnostic and follow a religion; however, one cannot be a devout believer if he or she does not truly believe.

Satanism 75%

Agnosticism 75%

Buddhism 75%

Foeni
24-03-2005, 10:25 AM
You scored as agnosticism.

You are an agnostic. Though it is generally taken that agnostics neither believe nor disbelieve in God, it is possible to be a theist or atheist in addition to an agnostic. Agnostics don't believe it is possible to prove the existence of God (nor lack thereof). Agnosticism is a philosophy that God's existence cannot be proven. Some say it is possible to be agnostic and follow a religion; however, one cannot be a devout believer if he or she does not truly believe.

agnosticism: 83%

atheism: 71%

Islam: 58%

Christianity: 46%

Judaism: 38%

Paganism: 33%

Satanism: 33%

Buddhism: 33%

Hinduism: 17%

These tests doesn't really show shit.

deviljet88
24-03-2005, 11:02 AM
You are an agnostic. Though it is generally taken that agnostics neither believe nor disbelieve in God, it is possible to be a theist or atheist in addition to an agnostic. Agnostics don't believe it is possible to prove the existence of God (nor lack thereof).

Agnosticism is a philosophy that God's existence cannot be proven. Some say it is possible to be agnostic and follow a religion; however, one cannot be a devout believer if he or she does not truly believe.

agnosticism88%
atheism71%
Satanism67%
Paganism58%
Buddhism54%
Islam38%
Hinduism33%
Judaism29%
Christianity21%

Huh? The downfall of this quiz is it seems to think that if you don't believe in a God/Christianity, you're to do with Satan...

Foeni
24-03-2005, 11:03 AM
Tests like this are generally stupid.

hannahjane
24-03-2005, 11:08 AM
I thought this one sounded quite interesting though...but then I clicked on the link and its's one where you have to judge the extent of your agreement/disagreement. SO couldn't be arsed. When I'm in a more charitable mood I'll be sure to take it...

Digital_Ice
24-03-2005, 11:54 AM
HJ, you never seem to take these test unless your bored or feeling charitable!!!!

i got satanism 88% - atheism 77% - and then the others....

i do agree though, these test are rather stupid

hasselbrad
24-03-2005, 12:23 PM
You scored as Christianity.

Your views are most similar to those of Christianity. Do more research on Christianity and possibly consider being baptized and accepting Jesus, if you aren't already Christian. Christianity is the second of the Abrahamic faiths; it follows Judaism and is followed by Islam. It differs in its belief of Jesus, as not a prophet nor historical figure, but as God in human form. The Holy Trinity is the concept that God takes three forms: the Father, the Son (Jesus), and the Holy Ghost (sometimes called Holy Spirit). Jesus taught the idea of instead of seeking revenge, one should love his or her neighbors and enemies. Christians believe that Jesus died on the cross to save humankind and forgive people's sins.

Christianity: 75%

Satanism: 54%

Islam: 50%

Hinduism: 50%

Judaism: 46%

Buddhism: 33%

Paganism: 29%

agnosticism: 21%

atheism: 17%

mike
24-03-2005, 12:36 PM
i got 85% Satanism :icon_evil now that should keep the Jehovah Witnesses away

they wont come knocking at ma door :icon_bigg

Ranman
24-03-2005, 12:38 PM
You scored as Christianity.

Your views are most similar to those of Christianity. Do more research on Christianity and possibly consider being baptized and accepting Jesus, if you aren't already Christian. Christianity is the second of the Abrahamic faiths; it follows Judaism and is followed by Islam. It differs in its belief of Jesus, as not a prophet nor historical figure, but as God in human form. The Holy Trinity is the concept that God takes three forms: the Father, the Son (Jesus), and the Holy Ghost (sometimes called Holy Spirit). Jesus taught the idea of instead of seeking revenge, one should love his or her neighbors and enemies. Christians believe that Jesus died on the cross to save humankind and forgive people's sins.

Christianity 79%

Satanism 71%

Buddhism 67%

Hinduism 58%

agnosticism 58%

Islam 54%

Paganism 50%

Judaism 38%

atheism 38%

Dionysus
24-03-2005, 01:12 PM
You scored as agnosticism.

Sarah
24-03-2005, 02:27 PM
You scored as atheism

You are... an atheist, though you probably already knew this. Also, you probably have several people praying daily for your soul. Instead of simply being "nonreligious," atheists strongly believe in the lack of existence of a higher being, or God.

--

I'm sorry, but I have to say it, seems as though most Americans who take this particular test end up woth Christian or something close to believing.

Are you alllll brainwashed?

hasselbrad
24-03-2005, 02:37 PM
Yes...yes we are.
Actually, I was raised a God-less heathen because my parents were too lazy to take me to church.

seventhson
24-03-2005, 02:47 PM
Big surprize: Christianity 83%

Happy Easter!

MrPink
24-03-2005, 02:58 PM
You scored as Buddhism.

Your beliefs most closely resemble those of Buddhism. Do more research on Buddhism and possibly consider becoming Buddhist, if you are not already. In Buddhism, there are Four Noble Truths: (1) Life is suffering. (2) All suffering is caused by ignorance of the nature of reality and the craving, attachment, and grasping that result from such ignorance. (3) Suffering can be ended by overcoming ignorance and attachment. (4) The path to the suppression of suffering is the Noble Eightfold Path, which consists of right views, right intention, right speech, right action, right livelihood, right effort, right-mindedness, and right contemplation. These eight are usually divided into three categories that base the Buddhist faith: morality, wisdom, and samadhi, or concentration. In Buddhism, there is no hierarchy, nor caste system; the Buddha taught that one's spiritual worth is not based on birth

Jasper
24-03-2005, 04:27 PM
Satanism 63%
Hinduism 63%
Judaism 54%
atheism 54%
Paganism 54%
Islam 46%
agnosticism 42%
Buddhism 33%
Christianity 13%

Haha, Satanism and Hinduism...

I christmas tree'd that quiz.

marine
24-03-2005, 04:28 PM
You scored as Buddhism.

Your beliefs most closely resemble those of Buddhism. Do more research on Buddhism and possibly consider becoming Buddhist, if you are not already. In Buddhism, there are Four Noble Truths: (1) Life is suffering. (2) All suffering is caused by ignorance of the nature of reality and the craving, attachment, and grasping that result from such ignorance. (3) Suffering can be ended by overcoming ignorance and attachment. (4) The path to the suppression of suffering is the Noble Eightfold Path, which consists of right views, right intention, right speech, right action, right livelihood, right effort, right-mindedness, and right contemplation. These eight are usually divided into three categories that base the Buddhist faith: morality, wisdom, and samadhi, or concentration. In Buddhism, there is no hierarchy, nor caste system; the Buddha taught that one's spiritual worth is not based on birth.

Buddhism
83%
agnosticism
67%
Paganism
63%
Islam
58%
Hinduism
58%
Satanism
38%
Judaism
33%
Christianity
29%
atheism
29%

hannahjane
24-03-2005, 05:28 PM
HJ, you never seem to take these test unless your bored or feeling charitable!!!!

i got satanism 88% - atheism 77% - and then the others....

i do agree though, these test are rather stupid

Indeed, you are correct. And guess what? I was just bored....(I knew I'd crack eventually):

I got 79% agnosticism, which I suppose is right...although I'd say I'm more of a non-believer than a believer to be honest. Atheism 71% so that's ok. Satanism, worringly, ranked third at 58%. Paganism 54%, Buddhism 50% (I've always thought I am a secret Buddhist :p), Islam - 38%, Judaism 33% and finally, Christianity 29% and Hinduism 25%. It's quite interesting that Christianity was second to last....but then again, it's not really that interesting. Once again I've wasted my time on these silly quizzes! God damn!

hasselbrad
24-03-2005, 05:41 PM
Satanism 63%
Hinduism 63%
Judaism 54%
atheism 54%
Paganism 54%
Islam 46%
agnosticism 42%
Buddhism 33%
Christianity 13%

Haha, Satanism and Hinduism...

I christmas tree'd that quiz.

No...you obviously satantreed it, goddamn you. Uh-oh...did I say that? Oh well, I guess we'll burn in hell together.

jei
24-03-2005, 06:40 PM
100% Satanism!!! 666

hannahjane
24-03-2005, 06:43 PM
Ok, that's either blatantly not true.....OR, tis highly disturbing. I hope it's the latter my devious friend!

hasselbrad
24-03-2005, 06:56 PM
If you answer straight down the middle, it lists everything as 50% and then tells you that you are a Satanist.

Meteora
24-03-2005, 08:48 PM
Hindu and Pagan.

Fascinating.

Richard
24-03-2005, 10:13 PM
You scored as Satanism.

Your beliefs most closely resemble those of Satanism! Before you scream, do a bit of research on it. To be a Satanist, you don't actually have to believe in Satan. Satanism generally focuses upon the spiritual advancement of the self, rather than upon submission to a deity or a set of moral codes. Do some research if you immediately think of the satanic cult stereotype. Your beliefs may also resemble those of earth-based religions such as paganism.

Agnosticism 75%
Satanism 75%
Paganism 71%
Christianity 67%
Buddhism 67%
Hinduism 58%
Islam 54%
Atheism 54%
Judaism 33%

Digital_Ice
24-03-2005, 10:25 PM
it tells you your a satanist, then lists agnostic above it anyway???!?!?!?!

Leonie
25-03-2005, 08:31 AM
it tells you your a satanist, then lists agnostic above it anyway???!?!?!?!
K, look at that list again.

Agnosticism starts with an ... ? And satanism with a ... ? Good boy. Tomorrow we'll do the numbers :icon_razz

deviljet88
25-03-2005, 08:59 AM
K, look at that list again.

Agnosticism starts with an ... ? And satanism with a ... ? Good boy. Tomorrow we'll do the numbers :icon_razz
Silly, silly Leonie (omfg Liam's going to slap me :icon_surp ), but have a look at...

Islam 54%
Atheism 54%

Yes, the letter "A" is behing the "I" :P

Edit: Same for...

Christianity 67%
Buddhism 67%

I think they don't want to hit people with the fact that they're more suited to the devil if they're only borderliners.

Jacoby
25-03-2005, 12:18 PM
100% Satanism!!! 666

My friend just did a project about Satanism in America. I'm not sure how it's practiced in Greece, but there were some interesting facts. It has nothing to do with being evil, basically the main idea is that there are no rules. Weird people seem to flock to Satanism, though.