PDA

View Full Version : Funniest People on earth

MrPink
22-03-2005, 09:08 PM
for me it's got to be ali g, the guys a legend. lol, even things that really arn't funny he can make funny

apoggy
22-03-2005, 09:38 PM
Ali G isnt a person, he's a character.

Digital_Ice
22-03-2005, 09:47 PM
William Melvin Hicks III

(Weird) Al Yankovich

Peter Kay

Abe Edmonson and Rick Mayall

Mags
22-03-2005, 09:48 PM
Tina Fey and Amy Poehler

hasselbrad
22-03-2005, 09:56 PM
Glad to hear Mr. Hicks getting his props, over a decade after his death.
Lewis Black
Dave Attell
David Cross
Patton Oswalt
Christian Finnegan
Ron White
Dave Chappelle
There are more, but these are the ones tickling my funny bone at the moment.

Digital_Ice
22-03-2005, 10:02 PM
yay! a bill hicks fan!!

hes a genius (unlike me, who after 12 attempts at spelling it settled on this one) and deserves to be remembered for it.

Andrew
22-03-2005, 10:53 PM
for me it's got to be ali g, the guys a legend. lol, even things that really arn't funny he can make funny
I prefer Borat.

I like:
Peter Kay
Ricky Gervais
Lee Evans
Omid Djalili

mike
22-03-2005, 10:56 PM
i like Mark lamar and bill baily there funny as on buzzcocks

Andrew
22-03-2005, 11:00 PM
i like Mark lamar and bill baily there funny as on buzzcocks
Bill Bailey is very good up at stand up aswell, especially when he gets his guitar out and starts playing it.

mike
22-03-2005, 11:06 PM
Bill Bailey is very good up at stand up aswell, especially when he gets his guitar out and starts playing it.

i totaly agree hes amzing, and that fact that he is so willing to take the piss outa himself is great i realy want to go see him live.

i wish he was on tv more he is unique

JackYang
23-03-2005, 01:30 AM
Arnold S.

SimplyKnightley
23-03-2005, 02:23 AM
mike Oh Behave! myers

deviljet88
23-03-2005, 09:12 AM
Anyone with an Irish accent.

Leonie
23-03-2005, 09:26 AM
Bill Bailey. Why? The Greatest Cockney Rock Album in the world EVER. That's why.

Liam
23-03-2005, 10:00 AM
Me, I'm reliably informed.

hannahjane
23-03-2005, 11:37 AM
Me, I'm reliably informed.

Lol. Heh, I've been told that before (who would know that outside my excessive posting on the KKW I can actually be a rather funny dudette). I won the coveted title of "Funniest Girl" in our school yearbook. But, anyway, onto real funny people:

Peter Kay is absolutely hilarous. And I know people might say they prefer the old 'uns but PK is just, top of the league. Fabulous. Top of the Tower, and Bolton Hall where both amazing, I'm just gutted he's not touring anymore. However, on the point of PK - Phoenix Nights, is - I'm sorry, utter shite. How less funny can ya get? It's just not amusing, it's mundane, it's boring and I hate it. Why does he let himself down? He is amazing in stand-up. Max and Paddy was good though. :)

Ricky Gervais is fantastic too - I know there's like a little comedic rivalry between him and Kay, but I like 'em both. I loved The Office, and his stand-up is excellent as well. Well, Animals was brilliant but Politics considerably less so (though still amusing). However, does anyone else notice he does actually have quite a big bit of David Brent in him? Like in stand-ups and stuff, and also just...er...generally?

Erm, who else....the guys from Little Britain are funny. I've only, finally, just got into that show. The girls from Smack The Pony are utterly hilarous, as was the first Green Wing series. Just how good was that show? I love the Scottish "Nazi" woman who said "muff" all the time; she made that show.

Bill Bailey, although I've seen hardly any of him (and I mean that), he does seem really funny. Especially this (http://www.bill-bailey.co.uk/downloads/video.php) (go to the BBC one) clip - I defy you not to laugh. (Actually it's probably only funny to those who are familiar with ye ole BBC).

Yeah all my mates reckon Lee Evans is hilarious on stand-up...I, at present, find him quite irritating so I don't know if I'd like him. But, hey, I'll give him a try.

Oh! And Wossy - how could I forget Jonothan Ross. He's indeed very funny. Sorry, I've rambled really badly - I'm just a sucker for funny people.

EDIT: (Oh god, I'm obsessed). The double act of Owen Wilson and Ben Sitiller are HILARIOUS> Zoolander has got to be THE funniest film ever made. ;)

mike
23-03-2005, 03:01 PM
I won the coveted title of "Funniest Girl" in our school yearbook.

hope it didnt mean funniest looking :icon_conf hope you prove us wrong on the post ur pics thread :)

PhoeniX
23-03-2005, 03:24 PM
Dylan Moran, Bill Bailey, Jimmy Carr and Ricky Gervais and Peter Kay.

hannahjane
23-03-2005, 06:58 PM
Indeed, Jimmy Carr too, is very funny. I loved him on that "Your Face or Mine" show. Will Smith's quite funny too (not in his acting, but in his interviews!). As is Dermot O'Leary and Vernon Kay. :)

Digital_Ice
23-03-2005, 07:04 PM
ah yes
how could i forget jimmy carr???

mike
23-03-2005, 07:06 PM
Jimmy Carr is funny as hell especialy on the friday night project, robs magic moments is a clasic

hasselbrad
23-03-2005, 07:30 PM
Jimmy Carr is funny as hell especialy on the friday night project, robs magic moments is a clasic

Yes. He is on a Comedy Central gameshow called Distraction. He is fucking hilarious.

Mags
23-03-2005, 07:33 PM
Distraction might be the best gameshow ever.

except for that one Liam told me about where contestants have to steal cars...and if they get arrested, they lose.

I have to agree with Ricky Gervais, he's just hilarious.

Oh..and...the show Scrubs. If that could be a person. I don't think Zach Braff writes everything, but I can't get enough of Scrubs.

Renegade
23-03-2005, 07:37 PM
Oh..and...the show Scrubs. If that could be a person. I don't think Zach Braff writes everything, but I can't get enough of Scrubs.

Oh yeah, I love this show. Braff is hilarious when he's silly. Dr. Cox's cynicism also provides a couple good laughs. And oh yes, can't forget "The Todd".

Digital_Ice
23-03-2005, 07:39 PM
see, i think distraction is a bit stupid realy.. who would want to put themselves through all that, to possibly win a car that could be smashed up and cost you money to fix anyway??? and if you dont win, youve then gone through shit for nothing..

hasselbrad
23-03-2005, 07:49 PM
see, i think distraction is a bit stupid realy.. who would want to put themselves through all that, to possibly win a car that could be smashed up and cost you money to fix anyway??? and if you dont win, youve then gone through shit for nothing..

It's unique though...which is a pleasant change for American TV.
I didn't say the contestants were smart, I just think he is hysterical. Brilliant comic timing.

hannahjane
23-03-2005, 11:54 PM
Er, love Jimmy Carr, as I've said - don't love Distraction, think it's a pile of steaming turd. However, do absolutely love Scrubs - what a show, and yes, ZB is hilarious, and a great actor. HasselBrad - I'd agree that American TV is far from unique, but I also, to be honest, think it's the best TV in the world! (I'm a sucker for all y'all sitcoms - I loev Friends, Will & Grace, Ally McBeal, Scrubs and The OC!!). Was never a fan of Frasier though....anyway that's off topic. Well actually, I am able to drag it back on: Adam Brody aka Seth Cohen has - as of now - been crowned - by moi - the funniest guy on earth. What a dude. :p

Ranman
24-03-2005, 02:28 AM
George Carlin is my all time fav
robert shimmel is great
and Bill Maher is good

mike
24-03-2005, 03:35 AM
Edit: ok so Little britain has been mentioned b4 by HJ, nice 1 however im gona keep my post as it is cose it took me almost 3hrs to word it a way i liked :icon_err: so nice one again for mentioning them HJ but :icon_razz to you as well cose i gota edit this bit in lol

i am shocked and mortified that Matt Lucas and David Walliams (yes Walliams) (the guys from "Little Britain") have not yet been metioned so i am going to rectifly this gross oversight of comedy genius and put forwad there names

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y77/--nash--/LouandAndy.jpg

:icon_icon CAUTION :icon_icon Little Britain is rated not suitable for the majority of Americans
Contains advanced wit, irony and sarcasm

i would also like to mention the king of story telling himself, Mr Billy Connolly (ex part time soldier may i add). This man is so great he got stuck in a phone box after a night out and had to call his maneger to rescue him! how stupid and hilarious do you want a guy to be??

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y77/--nash--/Billy.jpg

And last but no means least Al murry The Pub Landlord! What a Patriot!

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y77/--nash--/publandlord.jpg

mufiman
24-03-2005, 07:42 AM
Chris Rock is one of my favorites, and his new comedy album 'never scared' is good, and 'Bigger and Blacker is great. i also like Ricky Gervais, Dave Chappelle, Denis Leary, and of course, George Carlin.

mike
24-03-2005, 08:37 AM
Lol. Heh, I've been told that before (who would know that outside my excessive posting on the KKW I can actually be a rather funny dudette). I won the coveted title of "Funniest Girl" in our school yearbook. But, anyway, onto real funny people:

Peter Kay is absolutely hilarous. And I know people might say they prefer the old 'uns but PK is just, top of the league. Fabulous. Top of the Tower, and Bolton Hall where both amazing, I'm just gutted he's not touring anymore. However, on the point of PK - Phoenix Nights, is - I'm sorry, utter shite. How less funny can ya get? It's just not amusing, it's mundane, it's boring and I hate it. Why does he let himself down? He is amazing in stand-up. Max and Paddy was good though. :)

Ricky Gervais is fantastic too - I know there's like a little comedic rivalry between him and Kay, but I like 'em both. I loved The Office, and his stand-up is excellent as well. Well, Animals was brilliant but Politics considerably less so (though still amusing). However, does anyone else notice he does actually have quite a big bit of David Brent in him? Like in stand-ups and stuff, and also just...er...generally?

Erm, who else....the guys from Little Britain are funny. I've only, finally, just got into that show. The girls from Smack The Pony are utterly hilarous, as was the first Green Wing series. Just how good was that show? I love the Scottish "Nazi" woman who said "muff" all the time; she made that show.

Bill Bailey, although I've seen hardly any of him (and I mean that), he does seem really funny. Especially this (http://www.bill-bailey.co.uk/downloads/video.php) (go to the BBC one) clip - I defy you not to laugh. (Actually it's probably only funny to those who are familiar with ye ole BBC).

Yeah all my mates reckon Lee Evans is hilarious on stand-up...I, at present, find him quite irritating so I don't know if I'd like him. But, hey, I'll give him a try.

Oh! And Wossy - how could I forget Jonothan Ross. He's indeed very funny. Sorry, I've rambled really badly - I'm just a sucker for funny people.

EDIT: (Oh god, I'm obsessed). The double act of Owen Wilson and Ben Sitiller are HILARIOUS> Zoolander has got to be THE funniest film ever made. ;)

ive just read your whole post properly and i cant belive how alike your comedy preferencs are to mine i totaly agree with everything you said on there! Thank you so much for finding that bill bailey link!!!! i have been wanting to wach apocalyptic BBC again for ages i only wish there was more on it! HJ you rule :icon_bigg

hannahjane
24-03-2005, 10:55 AM
HJ you rule

As do you, my friend, as do you...:p ;) :D

What can I say? Great (comedy) minds think alike....ps. your post in the "jokes" thread you started cracked me up. :)

Leonie
24-03-2005, 11:01 AM
I can't believe I forgot Rowan Atkinson. Blackadder anyone? :)

Digital_Ice
24-03-2005, 11:52 AM
oh yeah! i was watching blackadder II yesterday. the one with the money he owes and the queen keeps playing practical jokes on him and taking his money... ok enough rambling...

mike
24-03-2005, 12:13 PM
I can't believe I forgot Rowan Atkinson.

Mr Been some of the stunts he pulled on that were awsome! Worthy of a Hollywood block buster!

hannahjane
24-03-2005, 05:30 PM
Mr Been some of the stunts he pulled on that were awsome! Worthy of a Hollywood block buster!

You see, I liked Mr. Bean the show - thought it was hilarious. But the film was a bit crap, no?

mike
24-03-2005, 08:45 PM
You see, I liked Mr. Bean the show - thought it was hilarious. But the film was a bit crap, no?

hmm i liked the film as a whole but it was nothing compared to the series i think the part that cracks me up the most from the film is the airport security bit where he pulls out the gun from his jacket and its his hand in a gun shape

im just wondering how different the outcome might have been if hed done something like that in this day and age?could have resulted in alot shorter film lol

hannahjane
24-03-2005, 10:20 PM
hmm i liked the film as a whole but it was nothing compared to the series i think the part that cracks me up the most from the film is the airport security bit where he pulls out the gun from his jacket and its his hand in a gun shape

im just wondering how different the outcome might have been if hed done something like that in this day and age?could have resulted in alot shorter film lol

Yeah, good point. lol. ;) And I do remember that bit now you mention it, was indeed very funny!! lmao. I'd forgotten about that....to be honest, I can't actually remember it, I just remember thinking it was bad at the time, if you see what I mean. ;)

hasselbrad
17-05-2007, 08:08 PM
I watched a little of Bill Cosby - Himself the other night. Hadn't seen it in years, but it made me realize that he is definitely in the running to be the "Funniest Person on Earth".
Also, when he tells the story of when Carroll Shelby gave him the Cobra back in the sixties, I challenge anyone not to laugh. Brilliant storyteller, combined with a fantastic physicality.

Urbanebula
18-05-2007, 01:52 AM
Hmmm...

Lee Evans
Jimmy Carr
Rik Mayall
Adrian Edmundson
Phil Jupitus
Bill Hicks
Matthew Perry
Matt Groening
My Brother-in-law.