PDA

View Full Version : Tattoos discusion and pics

mike
20-03-2005, 03:51 AM
1.Are tattoos sexy or not?

2.Should they be just for men or women as well?

3.Post ur pics of any you might have!

i think tattoos are sexy which deffinitly means i rekon they suit women as well as men as long as they are in moderation

i also belive if you have a tattoo it should mean and symbolise something very important to yourself and not just have a chimpanze on your back as i have seen 1 pearson do because he thought it would atract women :S

heres pics of both my tattoos and they both related to someone very important to me ones abit mor obviose than the other

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y77/--nash--/picture050.bmp
http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y77/--nash--/picture049.jpg
http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y77/--nash--/picture048.jpg

deviljet88
20-03-2005, 04:13 AM
They suck and accentuate cellulite more.

Scott
20-03-2005, 05:53 AM
You need to be 18 in Australia to get one done, and I'm toying with a few ideas at the moment. I'm leaning towards getting my family crest done on either my shoulder blade or ankle.

Narg
20-03-2005, 10:49 AM
only good tats ive seen was one guy had packman on his arm eating the dots which carried all around the width of his arm, which was freaking cool.

the other was some dickhead got the quake III symbol tattoed into the back of his head. I wouldnt get one, because they look shit when u get old.

hannahjane
20-03-2005, 12:24 PM
only good tats ive seen was one guy had packman on his arm eating the dots which carried all around the width of his arm, which was freaking cool.

the other was some dickhead got the quake III symbol tattoed into the back of his head. I wouldnt get one, because they look shit when u get old.

Exactly what I was gonna say, Narg. Occasionally I think getting one would be cool, but then I picture me as a wrinkly, 90-year old granny, and I retract. But hey, I will agree that they can be sexy on the younger generations, and some are very cool. As mike said, they should be meaningful a bit though, not completely random (unless they're complete class randomness like the pacman one narg's just described - because that sounds amazing!)

hannahjane
20-03-2005, 12:27 PM
Btw, mike, without being too intrusive who exactly is Katie? Is she like a relative or a friend or something? I only ask because if she's a girlfriend have you ever wondered what you'd do if (sorry) you split up? Would you get it removed or changed or what?

My sister's boyfriend has got about four I think. One's a weird kind of symbol, the other is like a ring going round his upper arm - and the last two are of the name of his son (Adam) and my sister (Ruth); in some language, can't recall which one though. They look good though because they are in moderation - and are quite sparsely populated on his body ie. they're spread out so he doesn't look 'over-tatted'!!

Plus, if he splits up with Ruth he won't have to remove the tattoo because it's in another language! (lol). I haven't told her that....I don't think she's take kindly! :)

Jacoby
20-03-2005, 02:23 PM
Btw, mike, without being too intrusive who exactly is Katie? Is she like a relative or a friend or something? I only ask because if she's a girlfriend have you ever wondered what you'd do if (sorry) you split up? Would you get it removed or changed or what?

I was going to ask that question.

I think tattoos are pointless and not attractive. I only like tattoos when they're interesting pieces of art, but I would rather see it on a piece of paper than my body. A painful process that you have to pay a lot of money for. And you'll eventually end up regretting it. No thanks.

mike
20-03-2005, 02:55 PM

no not being intrusive altho i wont say to much on a public forum. Katie was my fiance and she died in jully last yr.

they wernt very painfull to have just kinda fealt itchy affter, and my arms went numb for abit like when u get a dead arm but that was ok.the most uncomftable out of the both tho was the pattern because it is alot bigger and the forarm is alot more sensitive.i wanted it there tho because i wanted a very obviuse one

the pattern is linked with katie as well it has mine and her first initals in there (lk for an N not an M tho i cant bhe arsed to explain y)

if i did meet some1 else i would still keep the tattoos because she will always be my first love and the other person would just have to live with thati know it wont exactly help me out but im not bothered

the prices wernt to bad i think, the rose one was £45 and the initials was £75,and there both definitly unique because they were one of designs by a very close friend

mike
20-03-2005, 04:23 PM
surly some other kkw people have tats and want to show them or express an opinoin on them?

dont be shy

Foeni
20-03-2005, 09:46 PM
Sorry to hear about your fiancee. My first thought about the first one, was that it was silly to have the name of a girl on your arm. Now I see why, and I respect that. The second one looks kinda cool, though I wouldn't want no tatoo.

Narg
20-03-2005, 10:34 PM
Only tatoo ive ever though of getting was "FUCK JESUS" across my forehead. Havent got the money together yet tho.

Andrew
20-03-2005, 10:59 PM
Only tatoo ive ever though of getting was "FUCK JESUS" across my forehead. Havent got the money together yet tho.
I'm sure you could get people to donate the money if you would actually do it, just for the comedy value.

hannahjane
20-03-2005, 11:19 PM
I'm sure you could get people to donate the money if you would actually do it, just for the comedy value.

Yeah I'd be happy to contribute (for the comedy value like). However, if you got a tattoo stating "Fuck Jesus" on your forehead, I'm pretty sure your life would pretty much be fucked as a result! :p But hey, like I say, I'll contribute...(I'll do anything for the slightest chance of amusement - that's how shallow I am, see!).

EDIT: This is basically spam, which I why I apologise in advance but Andrew, your sig is fantastic! But yeah tattoos...not fer me. (As I've said)

Check this out, I think it's rather amusing/cool/weird, it's a site dedicated to the fireservice and police, and there's a page where a load of fireman are proudly displaying (I kid not) their fireman-related tats. There's loads. They must be very proud of their professions (and why shouldn't they be?). Some of their are actually rather impressive...others not, just plain scary.

Fireman tattoos! (http://www.rescuehouse.com/tattoos/thumbnails.php?album=topn)

http://www.rescuehouse.com/tattoos/albums/userpics/JJs%20Tigger.jpg

Dionysus
21-03-2005, 01:25 AM
when i can afford it i'm gonna get this
http://www.inthelight.co.nz/ledzep/images/zoso.gif
it is Jimmy Pages (from Led Zeppelin) symbol thingo, he IS god :D

hasselbrad
21-03-2005, 12:24 PM
I don't have any tattoos. If I were to get one, it would be either my daughter's name or my family's crest. Like someone else said, if you are going to get one, make sure it's either meaningful and/or a work of art. Please...for the love of God, don't get a cartoon character. I saw a guy this weekend at Sebring with a tattoo of Ren (of Ren and Stimpy) on his chest. It was a funny show, and I enjoyed it immensely, but I don't think it merits a permanent mark on someone's body.
Oh yeah, and if you are going to get something like Veni, Vedi, Vici tattooed on your arm:

A. Know what it means.
B. Know how to spell it.
C. Make sure the tattoo artist knows how to spell it.

I saw a picture a while ago of a guy who had "Venni Viddi Vicci" tattooed down his arm. :err:

hannahjane
21-03-2005, 12:31 PM
I don't have any tattoos. If I were to get one, it would be either my daughter's name or my family's crest. Like someone else said, if you are going to get one, make sure it's either meaningful and/or a work of art. Please...for the love of God, don't get a cartoon character. I saw a guy this weekend at Sebring with a tattoo of Ren (of Ren and Stimpy) on his chest. It was a funny show, and I enjoyed it immensely, but I don't think it merits a permanent mark on someone's body.

Yeah I agree - it's like I'll laugh and fathom a bit of amusement from it; but then I'll walk away and get to live an ink-free life. It's not funny for those who've chosen to stick a cartoon on themselves when they get bored of it, or want to be taken a little more seriously. Thing is though even the "serious" ones I just find, on the whole - there are exceptions, a little tacky.

I'm all for temporary tattoos! You get the best of both worlds ;) Though they are a social mockery.