PDA

View Full Version : Adrien Brody - Smug Bastard?

hannahjane
20-03-2005, 02:08 AM
Does anyone else share this viewpoint? Whenever I see photos of him he's always draped around someone (i.e Keira), who noramlly looks as though they don't wanna be draped around. And he has this smug horrible little smirk he always seems to adopt. Maybe it's just his face generally. Or maybe the smirk helps spread the weight, of the god-awful giant hooter, attempting to take the eyes out of all those standing within a one metre proximity/radius of the man. (Seriously, it should come with a hazard warning). Anyway, I don't like him - he comes across as a bit of a creep. Especially with that whole Halle Berry kiss thing, as well. *shudder shudder*, that poor girl...

Adam Brody though, is a very different story...*shudder shudder in a different way* :p ;)

http://www.papermag.com/magazine/mag_03/mag_feb03/cover/images/brody02.jpg
WTF?!

http://cache.eonline.com/Features/Awards/Oscars2003/BestWorst/Images/pic1.jpg
Poor girl...

http://us.ent4.yimg.com/movies.yahoo.com/images/hv/photo/movie_pix/warner_brothers/starsky___hutch/adam_brody/hutchpre.jpg
This guy's just sex on a stick....

mike
20-03-2005, 02:56 AM
well i aint heard off the guy you dont like and im not gona make any comment on the guy you do, but this thread was looking abit empty so i thought id add :)

even though i aint heard of adrian brody just by looking at his pics he seams a creep and certinly not some1 id like to have a drink wiv or hang round my mother!

EmotionSickness
20-03-2005, 03:06 AM
It's a matter of taste. I, personally, would take Adrien over Adam any day of the week. I knew a million Adam Brody-type guys in high school, even dated a few. I wouldn't call him ugly, but his looks are nothing special to me.

Yeah, Adrien has a huge nose, but it gives his face some character. To me, Adam's nose looks like it's been smashed with a brick (haha, I actually used to think Adam and Keira had quite similar "boxer" noses). It's too small and, uhh, button-like for me. I dunno. I just prefer Adrien.

As for the smugness ... they're just pictures. I thought him kissing Halle was pretty funny and kind of endearing, actually. He was just so happy and surprised that he won. It was cute (but mostly just funny).

duckula
20-03-2005, 03:15 AM
Random crap.

Dear poster, you suck, go home.

Jasper
20-03-2005, 06:29 AM
Dear poster, you suck, go home.

Dear poster, get the fucking stick out of your ass.

hannahjane
20-03-2005, 11:49 AM
It's a matter of taste. I, personally, would take Adrien over Adam any day of the week. I knew a million Adam Brody-type guys in high school, even dated a few. I wouldn't call him ugly, but his looks are nothing special to me.

Yeah, Adrien has a huge nose, but it gives his face some character. To me, Adam's nose looks like it's been smashed with a brick (haha, I actually used to think Adam and Keira had quite similar "boxer" noses). It's too small and, uhh, button-like for me. I dunno. I just prefer Adrien.

As for the smugness ... they're just pictures. I thought him kissing Halle was pretty funny and kind of endearing, actually. He was just so happy and surprised that he won. It was cute (but mostly just funny).

I see what you mean about the Adam-Keira nose thing! Don't get me wrong it's not just Adam's looks I like - I think he's genuinely quite funny what I've seen of him; and humour is really important to be in a bloke. He dresses really well as well; I like his style. I dunno, I know he's in the OC and he'll be categorized as a bit of a pleb, but, he seems cool to me.

You've got company on the Adrien issue...one of my friend's thinks that he's a bit fit after watching The Pianist. He is, it has to be said, brilliant in that film. He can act, I won't deny that. Although why was he in The Village? I haven't seen that film, but I know how it ends (grr! Don't you hate it when people do that), I've got the impression it's not all that good. Thoughts? (It's an Adrien Brody film so I ain't spamming here).

Adrien's got nice eyes...I suppose. ;) Still don't like the Halle Berry issue though; I just don't think it's a very respectable, gentlemanly way to behave. I'd be a bit pissed if I was Halle....especially in front of all those people.

Duckula, you still being a tit then? I reckon "random crap" is exactly what the General Discussion forum is for actually, so I'll post to my heart's content dickweed. I'll second Jasper's ideology. :)

duckula
20-03-2005, 12:57 PM
Dear poster, get the fucking stick out of your ass.

Dear poster, she won't love you if you're mean.

hasselbrad
21-03-2005, 01:21 PM
Was Adam Brody in Grind? If so, he's pretty funny.

hannahjane
21-03-2005, 02:07 PM
Was Adam Brody in Grind? If so, he's pretty funny.

Indeed he was. (Or so Imdb.com say!). Is this an image from the film:
http://us.ent4.yimg.com/movies.yahoo.com/images/hv/photo/movie_pix/warner_brothers/grind/_group_photos/adam_brody6.jpg

I haven't actually seen that movie, but I personally feel he is genuinely hilarious which is the main reason why I like him. He's a dude. I think he's in the new Mr. and Mrs. Smith movie too (ie. the one that everyone wants to see because it was supposedly the film that split Brad and Jen up!). But whatever, Adam is a funny guy indeed. He rocks.

Renegade
21-03-2005, 08:25 PM
I think Adrien has been riding "The Pianist Train" for far too long. He needs to stop referring to that kiss with Halle Berry (happened twice, once at the 2005 Academy Award nomination ceremony and at the MTV Movie Awards a few years back). It's old and stupid. He's needs to go out and make another good movie, get nominated again, and prove he's not a one-hit wonder.

As for Adam, I think Seth is cool.

Elijahfan
21-03-2005, 09:24 PM
i agree with renegade, it's a big let down when oscar winners just won't let go of the past and actually make another good movie....not saying that some winners in the past were actually deserving *cough cough marisa tomei, halle berry cough* seriously catwoman! what the hell?!?! honestly some people really need guidance when choosing scripts.

back on topic, i think adrien does look smug. especially in the sundance photos with keira, it's totally "look at me and what i'm wearing" the necklaces pissed me off cause that's johnny's thing

Richard
21-03-2005, 09:26 PM
He's needs to go out and make another good movie, get nominated again, and prove he's not a one-hit wonder.

As for Adam, I think Seth is cool.

Agreed. And I would like Seth as a buddy.

I've seen Grind, and it was lame. I wasn't surprised that it flopped.

hannahjane
21-03-2005, 09:33 PM
Agreed. And I would like Seth as a buddy.

I've seen Grind, and it was lame. I wasn't surprised that it flopped.

Yeah Grind doesn't look to good to me, well, I'd never heard of it before it was brought up by hasselbrad a few posts back. So, um, it can't have that well publicised (else my heads just been in the sand for the past few months).

Elijahfan, totally agree about the Sundance Photos, and the necklace. :) Johnny is a dude.