PDA

View Full Version : Grandslam Hopes

mike
19-03-2005, 03:23 AM
:icon_smil Are wales going to win the grandslam? What do you lot think?

deviljet88
19-03-2005, 04:03 AM
Couldn't care less. You are talking about the rugby right? I only knew of its existence when I checked google for "wales grandslam".

welshy
19-03-2005, 05:45 AM
well who cares what the aussies think as far as im concerned its in the bag and im gona have 1 hell of a piss up 2night to celerbrate a welsh victoy

Cymru Am Byth (Wales Forever)

mike
19-03-2005, 06:43 AM
i like your thinking welshy :)

PhoeniX
19-03-2005, 10:13 AM
I reckon they deserve it.

GuinevereLover
19-03-2005, 12:10 PM
The chances of Wales winning the actual championship are excellent as Ireland needs to beat wales by more than 25 points to stop them winning it. If Ireland wins it will of course prevent wales from taking the Tripple Crown and the Grand Slam,however,they will probably not be able to stop wales taking the Championship itself (i.e The Six Nations Trophy)

As for the match it should be a hell of a lot of fun, especially at my house given that my Father and Mother are Welsh and Irish respectively!

GuinevereLover
19-03-2005, 04:35 PM
Wales Takes The Grandslam :D :D :D :D :D

mike
20-03-2005, 01:24 AM
Well supose that wraps this thread up Wales win :icon_beer :icon_part

hannahjane
20-03-2005, 01:36 AM
*hangs head in shame*, I have to admit I'm not a big rugby fan - not that I don't like it; just that I don't know enough about it to consider liking it - if you catch my drift. I know that Johnny Wilkinson plays, and that it involves fit men in shorts ;), which is fine by me. No, sorry, I've probably undermined the sport there, and thus offended people. If anyone (Mike?) would care to eloborate on what the sport entails I'd be much obliged - I literally know nothing about it; 'cept that it looks quite rough! (Ouch!). And that, of course, ENGLAND WON THE WORLD CUP!! (I don't know why that's in capitals because really, I'm not that arsed!). I also know that there was this pic of the England Rugby Squad with the Queen (after the WC win), and it's hilarious because they're all about six foot taller than her...

Oh, and one final thing - I know that a Welsh Rugby National is going out with Charlotte Chruch right now! I think his name's Gareth, or Graham or summit beginning with G anyhow!

EDIT: Just found some of the pics....(lol)

http://www.chinadaily.com.cn/en/doc/2003-12/25/xinsrc_413788c7683442fe93f64d3aeddf0ed5_corgi.ap.j pg

http://news.bbc.co.uk/media/images/39686000/jpg/_39686917_queen_gi_300x200.jpg

deviljet88
20-03-2005, 01:47 AM
Bloody Wilkinson... Australia was robbed! :P We didn't do too bad considering the form we were in before the WC.

hannahjane
20-03-2005, 01:56 AM
Bloody Wilkinson... Australia was robbed! :P We didn't do too bad considering the form we were in before the WC.

Bloody Wilkinson, lol! If it's any consilation, I was actually supporting the Aussies (is that really unpatriotic of me?!), I'm a massive Oz fan; the culture and the people are fab. I'm hoping to live over there for a bit when I'm older (mid twenties perhaps?!). But yeah, rugby, am still none the wiser...

mike
20-03-2005, 06:59 PM
it involves fit men in shorts , which is fine by me. No, sorry, I've probably undermined the sport there, and thus offended people. If anyone (Mike?)

no reason for offence, alto fit??? didnt know the coliflower ear look was in lol

johnny wilkinson...what can i say a real talented player its just ashame that the rest of England rely on him so much, effectivly making them a 1 man team which has been proven in the six nations when WALES BEAT THEM, dont know why thats in caps ither but just fealt like putting some in lol

i doubt very much England are going to keep there world cup title ither if they play without wilkinson

the welsh guy with cholote chuch is good old silver boots himself Gavin Henson who also plays for my local team Neath Swansea Ospreys as well :)

im looking forwad to seeing how wales fair up to some good teams like Australia, New Zeland and South Affrica

mike
20-03-2005, 07:04 PM
and heres a pic of silver boots in action for reference

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y77/--nash--/gavin.jpg

i do know all the girls in wales want this guy right now so i supose hed be clased as fit HJ

AureaMediocritas
20-03-2005, 07:36 PM
That picture┬┤s got an erotic "touch" .

FooTM
20-03-2005, 08:35 PM
Wales Takes The Grandslam :D :D :D :D :D

What a sad day for sport :( :P

mike
20-03-2005, 08:40 PM
hey you should be happy for us i woulda been if england or any other home nation had won as long as the french dont get it its a victory!

just made better by the fact it was wales that won that victory

MrPink
20-03-2005, 09:12 PM
Lol. congrats to wales on their achievment. can't say they didn't deserve it.

well.... as the lone south african on the forum (to my knowledge) i must stick up for our team.

well every body seems to remember jonny. for his drop goal. but may i remind every body we were the first to succesfully employ the drop goal with some degree of succes. remember joel stransky? well he won the 1995 world cup for us with an awesome drop goal against NZ. who can forget jannie de beer. 5 drop goals against england in the 1999 world cup. i loved it. and finally we won the tri-nations last year. (first time since 1998 if i recall corrrectly).

My blood is green

mike
20-03-2005, 09:27 PM
you seem to have alot of knolege on drop goals MrPink so do you by any chance know whats the furthest distance a drop goal was scored from

i do know gavin henson scored a drop goal from within his own half on the sataday it dosnt break any reacords i know b ut it was impresive :)

MrPink
21-03-2005, 06:22 PM
i don't actually. but i do know that rabbits can't puke.... lol.

mike
21-03-2005, 06:23 PM
Rabbits cant puke!!!!!!!! thats awful what they gona do aftere a big piss up on the weekend poor things

MrPink
21-03-2005, 06:29 PM
i see your point. but you must ask yourself... how many rabbits do you see going on a huge piss up? then again i can definatly see bugs going on a binge if he's feeling depressed coz babs aint giving him play.

mike
21-03-2005, 06:32 PM
lmao yeah hes a regular at my local pub always gose home with a "bunney" ( i hope you get that and dont think it was pathetic :S )

MrPink
21-03-2005, 07:05 PM
humor straight out of the valleys that. lol

mike
21-03-2005, 07:32 PM
only the best

MrPink
22-03-2005, 09:01 PM
although i hate to admit it as i am proudly south african, them aussies have the best sense of humor