PDA

View Full Version : harry potter

keira loves lipgloss
07-07-2004, 03:10 PM
who likes harry potter i like hermione draco malfoy is fit!!!!!!!!!!!! :)

Sarah
07-07-2004, 03:14 PM
I like Harry Potter a lot.

Draco Malfoy is not fit at all, but he is nice how he is portrayed in the films.

keira loves lipgloss
07-07-2004, 04:15 PM
lol everytime i see each film he has his hair different!!!!!!!!!!

Kyle_West
07-07-2004, 04:16 PM
the 2nd harry potter movie licked. So I was to scared to waste money on the third one.

keira loves lipgloss
07-07-2004, 04:31 PM
the third id by a different director sooooooooooooooooo its kool but it dont really follow the book

Ardnax
07-07-2004, 04:42 PM
The third film is the best! By the way, I love Harry Potter!

keira loves lipgloss
07-07-2004, 04:43 PM
kool me 2 the third film is the best cos they are a bit older :confused:

Ardnax
07-07-2004, 04:47 PM
Yes, Daniel Radcliffe is so cute! And the one playing Malfoy is defenetly much more good-looking in the third film.

keira loves lipgloss
07-07-2004, 04:49 PM
yeah i didnt like his hair in the first or second but in the third boy is he fit!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! your right daniel is cute!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ardnax
07-07-2004, 04:53 PM
And he's my age to! I wish I could meet him.

keira loves lipgloss
07-07-2004, 04:56 PM
me 2 whoever plays cho chang is soooooooooooooo lucky!!!!!!!!!!

Ardnax
07-07-2004, 04:58 PM
I don't really like cho chang. I think she's annoying!

keira loves lipgloss
07-07-2004, 04:59 PM
ye i dont but she is sooooooooooooooooooooo lucky to kiss him i preffer hermione

Ardnax
07-07-2004, 05:02 PM
Yes, Hermione is my favourite in the books. She's so smart! Without her they wouldn't succeed.

keira loves lipgloss
07-07-2004, 05:12 PM
i have my own website of her www.freewebs.com/emmawatson100/index.htm

Ardnax
07-07-2004, 05:24 PM
I know, I love the site so much!

keira loves lipgloss
07-07-2004, 05:27 PM
yeah i love the pictures!!!!!!!!!!!

katy
08-07-2004, 03:03 PM
Emma Watson has gotten really pretty. :)

keira loves lipgloss
08-07-2004, 03:23 PM
great site katy!!!!!!!!!!!!

flipgurl
09-07-2004, 06:30 AM
wooooo Harry Potter is awesome . Dan Radcliffe is HOTTT!!!

Pygmalion
09-07-2004, 08:53 AM
Pfft. Daniel Radcliffe is ugly. Girls wouldn't even LOOK at him if he wasn't Harry Potter.
In my opinion Draco looks ugly with hair all over his face, he was cute (in a not-hot sort of way) in the first two but now...
Yeah the first two REALLY sucked and the third one's a slight improvement-since Dumbledore doesn't look like he's about to fall over and die.
Hermione's getting hot.

keira loves lipgloss
09-07-2004, 03:19 PM
yeah he is i love his hair in the third film!!!!!!!!!!! ;)

acliff
09-07-2004, 06:56 PM
Saddens me, that a percentage of women go for the sleazy greasy bully types. Sure he might be nice when not acting, but he still looks like a thug.

keira loves lipgloss
10-07-2004, 08:43 AM
i like draco malfoy he is cute off screen but i dont like draco malfoys attitude on screen

Glare
10-07-2004, 09:12 AM
i like draco malfoy he is cute off screen but i dont like draco malfoys attitude on screen

He is only playing by the book if you have read them, thats the way he is suppose to be.

Pygmalion
10-07-2004, 09:14 AM
Yeah. The Malfoy in the book is hateable. The Malfoy in the film is milder

Renegade
10-07-2004, 09:48 PM
Is it just me or does the actor that plays Malfoy look as if he's 20?

Glow
11-07-2004, 07:49 PM
I like Harry Potter but I like very much J.K Rowlling's books !!Books are very good !! :)

Hazzle
11-07-2004, 08:22 PM
Overrated hack.

Glow
11-07-2004, 09:52 PM
Oh I hate Mayfloy but I like very much Harry and Hermiona

keira loves lipgloss
18-07-2004, 10:39 AM
Is it just me or does the actor that plays Malfoy look as if he's 20?i think hes 16 or something like that

deviljet88
18-07-2004, 11:21 AM
I think they're all ugly, but Hermione is ok, not hot though. Harry Potter books > Harry POtter movies.

Mags
18-07-2004, 02:56 PM
I'm simply ecstatic that this thread hasn't dissolved into one reply after another of people commenting on the appearance of the actors. It's nice to see that we can all maintain an intelligent conversation through these forums.

Either way, I'm 19, and it would freak the bejesus out of me if I were attracted to anyone in Harry Potter, with the exception of Oliver Wood, played so brilliantly by Sean Biggerstaff. It is truely a shame he seems to not be in any more of the books/movies.

The third movie was EXCEEDINGLY better than the first two because Alfonso Cuaron didn't fuck around. This is not meant to be unscary for kids, and it's not meant to be light, airy, and funny. It's a dark story and it needs to be told that way. The acting has gotten better (though there are still some cringe-inducing lines), and the third was just better put-together.

keira loves lipgloss
18-07-2004, 05:20 PM
alfonso cuaron he swore in front of the cast but then he was warned so he just swore his own language but soon daniel,emma and rupert picked it up

acliff
18-07-2004, 05:38 PM
Oh no. Swearing in front of 15 year olds. Because they never swear, and they've never heard swearing before.... *scratches head*

Well I saw harry potter 3 for the first time the other day.
And I was quite pleasantly surprised. I reckon that was helped by the power of the storyline of prisoner of azskaban, which is the best book thus far in the series in my opinion.

The child actors have improved a little, a little less wooden and whiny. Secondly the cinematography is improved, gone is the star wars episode 1 type cutting and scene changes. Thirdly the support actors were incredibly good. Take the thespians of today, put them in a family film, and you get good results. Sirius, Trewaley(sp?) and Lupin were excellent, as was the new dumbledore.

Add some humour, and a well executed time travelling part, and you get an entertaining film. I won't go into flaws, as there are many, but overall, not bad.

keira loves lipgloss
18-07-2004, 05:46 PM
Oh no. Swearing in front of 15 year olds. Because they never swear, and they've never heard swearing before.... *scratches head*

Well I saw harry potter 3 for the first time the other day.
And I was quite pleasantly surprised. I reckon that was helped by the power of the storyline of prisoner of azskaban, which is the best book thus far in the series in my opinion.

The child actors have improved a little, a little less wooden and whiny. Secondly the cinematography is improved, gone is the star wars episode 1 type cutting and scene changes. Thirdly the support actors were incredibly good. Take the thespians of today, put them in a family film, and you get good results. Sirius, Trewaley(sp?) and Lupin were excellent, as was the new dumbledore.

Add some humour, and a well executed time travelling part, and you get an entertaining film. I won't go into flaws, as there are many, but overall, not bad.i no it doesnt follow the story especially the end bit when he flys on him firebolt but in the book it said proffeser mogonigall had to check it for curses

acliff
18-07-2004, 05:56 PM
That is understandable, as Harry's love for his broomstick is not conveyed on screen. NC-17 stuff.

It would just break the flow of the film, as the film is on a compressed time scale. The book gives a more descriptive account of what happens, and can incorporate many different sub storylines into the book. In a film, this would get confusing.

keira loves lipgloss
18-07-2004, 06:06 PM
i think the book actually can describe the scene better than the film i can see it in my head

frodo1511
18-07-2004, 06:10 PM
i think the book actually can describe the scene better than the film i can see it in my head

That's understandable with any/every book. You can create your own picture from reading a book, not look at some talented artists' imaginations in a movie. Not that I'm agains book-movie translations. If it wasn't for ROTK, I probably would only hav pictured a third of the actual battle of the pellanor fields :)

Cycleofthemoon
18-07-2004, 06:59 PM
I think the producers did well with the movies. What was projected on screen was pretty acurate in comparison to what I imagined in my mind. I enjoyed the movies so far, I haven't caught the third one yet.

ChocolateMoose
19-07-2004, 01:32 AM
Really don't understand the big deal about Harry Potter. The books may be good, but whats with all the queues outside bookshops. If you just wait a week, then there would be plenty. Ack, I don't know.

The best visual-cinematic/TV version I've seen of HP is the Comic Relief spoof by French and Saunders et al, VERY funny! :D

keira loves lipgloss
19-07-2004, 07:19 AM
I think the producers did well with the movies. What was projected on screen was pretty acurate in comparison to what I imagined in my mind. I enjoyed the movies so far, I haven't caught the third one yet.there a lot older in the third film when you look back at the first you think wow they have grown! :p

Cycleofthemoon
19-07-2004, 07:32 PM
Awww, how sweet. I feel an attachment to young british film stars as I watch them grow up. Gag :p You all know how it is...All of you. :cool:

Woot!

jadie
19-07-2004, 07:52 PM
i think the movies are just as good as the books... :confused:

alby
05-08-2004, 07:02 AM
Signed online and saw this headline. Enjoy.

Fiennes to play Voldemort in next 'Potter'

LOS ANGELES (AP) — He-Who-Must-Not-Be-Named has been named. Ralph Fiennes, who played memorable evil guys in Red Dragon and Schindler's List, has signed on to portray the wicked warlock Voldemort in the next Harry Potter movie, Warner Bros. announced Wednesday.

Voldemort is so bad that the magical characters in author J.K. Rowling's stories do their best not to speak his name aloud.

In the first three installments of the saga, a deadly magic spell meant for a baby Harry Potter backfired and deprived him of a body. So only his spirit wrought havoc in The Sorcerer's Stone,The Chamber of Secrets and the recent Prisoner of Azkaban.

But Voldemort finally returns in the flesh in part four: Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire.

Filming has been under way on Goblet since June 25, mainly with star Daniel Racliffe as the boy-wizard, and co-stars Rupert Grint and Emma Watson as his pals Ron Weasley and Hermione Granger. Fiennes has not yet filmed any scenes.

Other additions to the cast include Brendan Gleeson (Troy,The Village and Cold Mountain ) as Potter's new Defense Against the Dark Arts teacher, the fearsome Mad-Eye Moody, and Miranda Richardson, (The Crying Game,Sleepy Hollow ) as Rita Skeeter, a gossip columnist for a magical newspaper.

The cast also includes Robert Pattinson as Hogwarts student Cedric Diggory, Stanislav Ianevski as Quidditch star Viktor Krum, French actress Clemence Poesy as the heart-fluttering visiting student Fleur Delacour, and Katie Leung as Potter's love-interest and Quidditch rival Cho Chang.

Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire, directed by Four Weddings and a Funeral filmmaker Mike Newell, is scheduled for theatrical release in November 2005.

Pinkfairy
05-08-2004, 07:43 AM
I've seen pix of the guy and the girl playing Cedric and Fleur. I thought Henry Cavill was a good choice for Cedric, but Robert Pattinson looks ok.
The fourth is by far the best book IMO.
Since they intend to use only the essential from the book, I wonder if the three tasks will make the final cut.

keiracaleb
05-08-2004, 08:23 AM
I adore harry potter, i have a duvet cover, cup, mug, all the books, philosophers stone and chamber of secrets on dvd and video, have a whole wall covered in posters from the films, have a website on emma watson and hermione granger (the link to hermione site is the picture that sais hermione on it, it also has forums if yer intersted) i've wroked oput their exact birthdays, i know loads about the books and films, have written to j.k rowling, emma, daniel, tom, rupert, have met the weasley twins, tom felton(draco), seamus finnigan(the irish dude), proffesor flitwick, spke to emma at the hermione auditions before chickening out to do them coz i wasn't confident enough ( am now though, bring on the auditions! lol) she's really nice by the way, i have her phone number but none of yous are getitng it :) havn't had the courage to call her yet though :icon_redf i love harry potter, please visit my website, and i'm thinking of making an online quidditch team so if anyone's intersted then send me a pm, i need 1 beater, 3 chasers, 1 keeper, 1 seeker and a referee. and anyone that doesn't get into this team will get to make their own tema on the website and play against my team :) hope you're interested.

My emma site (http://www.onetakewatson.tk)

keira loves lipgloss
05-08-2004, 08:24 AM
great site! this is my emma watson one www.freewebs.com/emmawatson100/index.htm

deviljet88
05-08-2004, 08:25 AM
Let me guess Keiracaleb, you're a beater :P I just watched harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets, found it OK. Spiders looked way too fake. I like Azkaban movie more.

keiracaleb
05-08-2004, 08:32 AM
the spiders are real everyone (exept aragog obviously) my dad is friends with the guy who worked with the spiders on COS. he got these little spidley things that tarantuals let off their legs, he got loads of them in his arms, and they swelled really badly, but he just had to let them fall out which must of taken a long time, the guy who worked with the spiders was really cool and said that the set was really creepy, my dad only knows him because he has a tarantula and he met the guy at a seminar about tarantulas. Amazing who a spider can lead you to meet :) and you know aragogs kids? well they where all of the little spiders magnafied loads according to spidey guy. i just wish my dad had of known him sooner maybe i would have been able to get onto the set, but no point in saying what if coz it's gone now. hope you enjoyed my look behind the scenes lol.

keira loves lipgloss
05-08-2004, 08:32 AM
yeah aragog ther massive spider was way fake I like the third one best too,i love it when hermione says "is that what my hair looks like from the back?!"

keiracaleb
05-08-2004, 08:37 AM
good site keiraloveslipgloss, i'll link you send me your website icon and i'll make you an affiliate, and rememebr everyone, feel free to join the forums, i need more people, i only have like......one member and thats me lol.

my emma watson site (http://www.onetakewatson.tk)

keira loves lipgloss
05-08-2004, 08:41 AM
ok,I need to make one though,ill join the forum

keiracaleb
05-08-2004, 08:46 AM
yeah aragog ther massive spider was way fake I like the third one best too,i love it when hermione says "is that what my hair looks like from the back?!"

yep brilliant line, i hope they keep this line in the 4th film

Ron: i don't believe this, me and harry are the only ones without a date to the yule ball! Wait, hermione, you're a girl

Hermione:ooh ronald you're powers of *substituting the word because i can't remember what it is* spotting things amazes me!

Ron: no i mean, you can come with me or harry.

Hermione: sorry, but i'm already going with someone

Ron: no you're not! you would've told us! who is it?

Hermione: i'm not telling you.

Ron: that's because you're not going with anyone are you?

Hermione:look ron, just because it took you 4 years to realize that i'ma girl doesn't mean it took that long for every other boy to realize it, now i'm going to the library!

i love that line, in fact i love that book, book 4 is my fav book so far!

duckula
05-08-2004, 05:01 PM
Harry Potter is literature for those who don't like to think much. It lacks style, subtlety and originality. Sure it's catchy, but so is syphillis.

Liam
05-08-2004, 05:43 PM
It lacks firepower, which hurts it more than lack of style, subtlety and originality. :)

Hazzle
05-08-2004, 08:30 PM
Thank fucking GOD for Liam and Ducky...thought I was the only one who thought that...subtle dumbing down the world, methinks.

keiracaleb
06-08-2004, 09:28 AM
But, it helps you use you imagination, use your brain to imagine a different world out there, one where there is a wonderful borgding schol, where the beds are warm, the food is tasty, the kids are nice (exept slytherin) you can do anything you want with the aid of a wand, and other crazy gadgets, it's a dream world that people can enjoy being taken to, personally i think J.K Rowling is one of the best writers of this time. I love her books and can't wait for the half blood prince to come out, and ok it doesn't suit some people, but to others it does, i love to imagine that there may be a world out there like hogwarts, hogsmeade, diagon alley, and all the rest of it, that there could be a sport so exiting as quidditch. but i guess that f you don't like it you don't like it. and i thought that this thread was for harry potter fans if that is the case would all the people who don't like harry potter get out and let us talk about what we like about it.

Hazzle
06-08-2004, 09:52 AM
Imagination would be good...if she could write...Tolkien leaves Rowling for dust...and he's not the only fantasy writer who does...they all bloody do.

The ironic thing about imagination is that if most of the kids who read Rowling's stuff actually used their imagination to create (like I did growing up...I wrote my own stories, weren't always the best but they were MINE...and I was a kid...not a grown woman like Rowling) they'd find they could write better stories than Rowling, even if they lack the writing ability at a young age to match her...proving that any adult worth their salt should be able to write better than Rowling.

Most over-rated author ever.

duckula
06-08-2004, 09:56 AM
The failure is not with my imagination (I cope with other fantasy and science fiction fine), but in her evocation of her world. I find her narrative rarely rises above mediocre and her 'different world' is a hatchet job of plagiarism and pedestrian concepts. As for her being one of the finest writers of our time I have only once response: bullshit.

Hazzle
06-08-2004, 09:57 AM
I've said my bit, but as usual, Ducky said it better...we win :D

Kelsey
06-08-2004, 09:59 AM
Well, it's not exactly directed at people your age anyways, so I would think it's only natural that you find it easy and mediocre. I, personally, find it boring as hell.

keiracaleb
06-08-2004, 10:07 AM
what the hell do you mean? we win? what? i had no idea this was a battle? i thought it was just to talka bout harry potter not have a contest to see who can win or lose! are you a guy? because most guys(not all of them) but most guys seem to take everything as a competition and you seem like one of those guys to me. so get the hell outa here warrior boy and let us talk about what we like...harry potter

Sarah
06-08-2004, 10:10 AM
KeiraCaleb, don't worry about it. Its ok, carry on talking about Harry Potter and hopefully we can get this thread back on topic.

Kelsey
06-08-2004, 10:17 AM
Whew, she told you Haz! :)

I don't want this to be spam, so I agree with Sarah. Don't worry about it.

keiracaleb
06-08-2004, 10:32 AM
ok, its just he's being such a guy about it, treating it like a competition and i think thats just stupid! ok erm..........expecto patronum!

(i dunno was trying to say something to do with harry potter)

Hazzle
06-08-2004, 01:13 PM
I'm being "such a guy" about it...oooh...what an insult. I'm member of the superior gender and acting like it...jolly good I think.

My point still stands...Harry Potter is shite. It's worse than most kids could write...lack of style, blatant ripping off of every other fantasy author (I can't actually think of a single truly original aspect of Harry Potter). As Ducky said...any suggestion Rowling is one of the best authors of our time is bullshit...she's one of the worst, and overrated. Nuff said.

We still win :p

deviljet88
06-08-2004, 01:41 PM
Expecto Patronum would be the right spell to use on Hazzle with his sucking of happiness and joy from this thread devoted to Harry Potter. Oh wait he's pointing out how he thinks it sucks. Just leave the thread alone Haz and let the people who like HP talk here about it.

keiracaleb
06-08-2004, 02:03 PM
I'm being "such a guy" about it...oooh...what an insult

wasn't intended as an insult, ooh and you know your avater? is it a very good picture of you?

Kelsey
06-08-2004, 02:08 PM
KC, trust me, don't waste your time on him....it's not worth it. You're welcome to share your opinions and discuss whatever you would like to.

Sarah
06-08-2004, 02:09 PM
Right, thats it. STOP IT! Threads everywhere are drifting off topic... so please just stop the petty fighting.

deviljet88
06-08-2004, 02:13 PM
OK just to make this thread back on topic: anyone know when Harry Potter 4 will be released in the cinemas? Has it even been finished being filmed?

Sarah
06-08-2004, 02:13 PM
They've started filming. Its out November 2005

keiracaleb
06-08-2004, 02:18 PM
woho! ur a little info source ;) can't wait till it comes out.

frodo1511
06-08-2004, 04:56 PM
They've started filming. Its out November 2005

Does anyone know who will play Viktor in the movie? I liked him in HP4, and I have no idea who would be best to play him.

keiracaleb
06-08-2004, 05:36 PM
dunno mate, but they're still looking for a luna lovegood, no wonder, she's a right freak but part of harry getting friends again..yay! but she's still very scary and a freaky person..boo! there is a girl in my shcool called laura saviac and she is what i imagine luna to be like, laura's in her own world, walks around dreamily, a bit of a geek doesn't seem to realise that there is anyone else in the world...she's very very scary!

Mags
07-08-2004, 02:47 AM
Luckily they've got plenty of time to find a Luna, as she doesn't appear until book V.

rah...need new movie...aren't being made fast enough...would prefer the bizarrely titled new book though...

Renegade
07-08-2004, 03:24 AM
Luckily they've got plenty of time to find a Luna, as she doesn't appear until book V.

rah...need new movie...aren't being made fast enough...would prefer the bizarrely titled new book though...

I feel sorry for the child actors...making a movie every year, not getting the chance to live a normal life. They should stop now, not only to take a break, but to prevent the destruction of their careers. I honestly think these are the only roles the kids will ever be known for throughout their career.

Mags
07-08-2004, 03:27 AM
They wouldn't lose as much time if the movies were being made more quickly now would they?

ahh...genius. I don't think I feel sorry for them...this surely on some level has to be an optional thing they're doing, unless of course their parents are forcing them. But they have to realize they have clout now, that millions of people want to see their performances in more movies, so I don't think it's so terrible. I would say pretty confidentally that these kids probably feel lucky to have the exposure they do at such a young age. Sure, you get a fuckup every once in a while...that that MaCauley Kaulkin kid, and he was fucked up because of his parents, but he's doing fine now, he was most excellent in "Saved!" a most topping movie.

alby
07-08-2004, 06:58 AM
Harry Potter is such a cash cow. We can all call JK Rowling the b-word...billionaire.

I thought Macaulay Culkin's father was the one that destroyed much of his early career. Something about him always trying to push the directors, producers, etc. around and so they became tired of his son.

Saved! is a good movie.

Sarah
07-08-2004, 09:33 AM
Does anyone know who will play Viktor in the movie? I liked him in HP4, and I have no idea who would be best to play him.

Yes, he's being played by Stanislav Ianevski. This is his first ever role.

keiracaleb
07-08-2004, 11:27 AM
[QUOTE=Mags]Luckily they've got plenty of time to find a Luna, as she doesn't appear until book V.
[QUOTE]

oh yeah! lol only just remembered that. Maybe i'll go for luna, she'd be pretty funny to play, well i've just finished doing a show with my theatre school where i played a drunk, and if i can be a convincing drunk i think i'd be abel to be luna, dreammy, doped up, wierd, basically me lol! and i'd get to meet dan emma and rupert, (i know i said i've got ther phoen number, which i do but i got it offa a friend of her cousin, so i havn't actually met emma apart from seeing her in the que for hermione).

frodo1511
07-08-2004, 03:37 PM
Yes, he's being played by Stanislav Ianevski. This is his first ever role.

Cool, thanks sarah. I was wondering who would play him, since Viktor was one of my favorite characters from HPIV. He and Ralph"Voldemort"Fiennes are newcomers to the movie business, so I hope they act good in the movie.
BTW, did anyone else here that, back in April, that Mr. Bean was hinting about playing Voldemort in HPIV? It was in my local newspaper, and I just started laughing about it, since I can't see the man play a serious role.

Sarah
07-08-2004, 03:41 PM
BTW, did anyone else here that, back in April, that Mr. Bean was hinting about playing Voldemort in HPIV? It was in my local newspaper, and I just started laughing about it, since I can't see the man play a serious role.

Yes, I think it was The Sun that made that up, personally I'm glad Rowan isn't playing him.

keiracaleb
11-08-2004, 02:39 PM
On mugglenet.com there's soem stories from people who went to see some filming of GOF on august 5th, they all say really nice things about emma and mone about dan's dad, but it's worth reading.