PDA

View Full Version : Don't Go Keira!

doubly
03-03-2005, 09:28 PM
You guys thinks this is true?

"Keira's Found Celebrity to Be a Trauma" (http://seattlepi.nwsource.com/people/210782_people05.html)

If it is, I'll be sad.

marine
03-03-2005, 09:30 PM
no, I don't think so

danidrag
03-03-2005, 10:25 PM
Well if this is what she wants, let her leave the movies world. I think it's rather stressing for a (almost) 20 year-old girl to be one of the most famous actresses in the world: too busy and so on. I've read about the fact that she would like to return studying from where she left, so i hope it means she would just like to stop filming for a few years and then come back better than now (if it's possible). Yep I agree, this will be really bad for us, but, you know: we can't stop her from getting a "normal" life if she wants to.
Although if we hope not!
BTW: This is not to make a critic to your post: i fully understand what you mean.

Digital_Ice
03-03-2005, 10:42 PM
i read this on IMDB a while back, and it sounded to me like shes finding it stressfull and scary (understandable) but isnt leaving anytime soon.

anyway, if she does leave the movie business, all power to her. she, like anyone has the right to do whatever she wants. i wish her the best no matter what!!!

You gotta remeber, that the press want to sell papers and magazines, so the slightest rumour or comment can be exagerated drasticly. I'm sure another press article will either confirm or deny this soon enough.

you know whats weird is, i was thinking about 5 minutes ago (before i checked the forum) of posting this myself, and asking your opinions!

Idle
03-03-2005, 10:50 PM
These stories are based on bits of this interview (http://www.darkhorizons.com/news05/jacket1.php) taken out of contex.
If you read the whole thing it's quite clear that she has no plans of quitting.

Yet despite these feelings of insecurity, Knightley continues to remain ensconced in this most desperate of professions, even with paparazzi in hot pursuit, and the nagging worry that it could all end tomorrow, "because getting to a set and creating something is a weirdly powerful, provocative and amazing feeling and I can't imagine doing anything else and this is the only world that I know. I've been brought up in it, I don't know anything else and I suppose it's the insecurity of it that, in a strange way, that makes me feel safe."

Digital_Ice
03-03-2005, 10:53 PM
ah you found it. i was hunting for that bit!

JackYang
04-03-2005, 12:49 AM
Good to hear that she's not quitting.

EmotionSickness
04-03-2005, 12:59 AM
What bullshit. Even if she says she's going to "quit the biz", she won't. Anyone remember when Nat Portman (sort of) cried wolf? Pssshhhhhhhh.

deviljet88
04-03-2005, 11:30 AM
Was going to say What utter bullshit but ES said it already... Garner quitting also sounds like bullcrap.

Jamie
05-03-2005, 12:34 PM
I think Keira might maybe just be alittle bit unsure where her future lies.. She said she'd want to be a brick layer or something ? well what i think she meant if something goes wrong with the Movie Career she would consider falling back to another thing like Brick Laying, but i can't see her falling back on something she's terrific at doing can you guys ?

ice crystal
07-03-2005, 08:39 PM
Apparently she is earning £3 million per movie....hello?!

JackYang
21-03-2005, 09:55 PM
Apparently she is earning £3 million per movie....hello?!

Meh well, she only need to be in a few more movies before being completely loaded for the rest of her life.

Digital_Ice
21-03-2005, 09:59 PM
its $3 million a movie (well $2.85), which is £1.5 million

Elijahfan
21-03-2005, 10:09 PM
as long as keira stays down to earth she'll be fine...i mean she doesnt seem like the lindsay lohan clubbin' kind....

but yeah she'll be loaded and set for life as long as she doesnt buy all the stupid crap that celebrities do

Digital_Ice
21-03-2005, 10:13 PM
damnit, with all her money she might buy the house i want (but have no hope of getting - hey we all have dreams) its soooooo nice, its in mayfair.... £13,000,000...

hannahjane
21-03-2005, 10:26 PM
damnit, with all her money she might buy the house i want (but have no hope of getting - hey we all have dreams) its soooooo nice, its in mayfair.... £13,000,000...

Oh, you mean the one I've just bought? Yep, tis pretty nice that 'un, of course it needs a bit of work doing to it...:p I'll probably be in me villa in the Hollywood Hills till it's all done - and they reckon the personalised swimming pool's gonna take between 6 months to a year, so...you know what all these common builders are like. Tsk. *flick of the blonde extensions*.

The real me: I love builders btw (those whistles are such a confidence booster!, as does Keira, didn't she say she wanted to be one once? Or take a course...well, with her money in the bank, she can definately afford to.

Digital_Ice
21-03-2005, 10:31 PM
) - lol, you forgot to close your brackets (wow, how bored am i)

lol, seriously it is a very nice house, it has a fountain and a gorgeous garden and eight bedrooms.

woah, i better stop taking threads off topic....

*struggles to bring it back on topic*

*fails*

Evan25
19-04-2005, 12:46 AM
Ok... First Before I tell you my opinion I must have you know that I am a Marine And I have just come off duty form Afghanistan.

I personnaly hate it when celebritys do two things:

Complain About the Physiscal And Emotional Rigours of Stardom (Please!!!!!!!)

Organize anti-war demonstrations and speak in the "best interest" of the troops.

While Keira doesnt do this you guys thought it would be a plausible excuse for her to leave acting. I think its just stupid.

I mean C'mon. You make millions of dollars! you dont have to worry about financial Troubles. All you have to worry about is the Paparazii. And If I weree a Celebrity I would tell them to Fu*k off.

DragonRat
21-04-2005, 02:27 AM
Yes, but in attacking the press, she would come off as irritable and anti-social, which is the exact image she does not want to exude (even if the press are as irritable and anti-social as the paparazzi themselves).

She's probably under more stress currently than in any time in her life, so of course she's going to feel under pressure: her personal life under constant scrutiny; rumor mills and the like; dealing with media and film companies; contracts and the like. Of course, Evans, it's no walk in the arid Afghani badlands (no offense), but it's only because the media tends to pay more attention to the (surreal) lives of celebrities rather than normal, working-class folk.

I mean, do I hear Paris Hilton talking about quitting her job? What? She has no job? Oh, my bad.