PDA

View Full Version : Muse fans.

Foeni
01-03-2005, 04:15 PM
I've noticed, that a lot declare themselves fan of Muse (the clever part of these forums ;)). But how many are we? Cast your votes, and we'll see.

Flightfreak
01-03-2005, 04:18 PM
who could not be a Muse fan? :)

Foeni
01-03-2005, 04:19 PM
There will always be people who are not as clever as we are :P

Leonie
01-03-2005, 04:53 PM
Am I a Muse fan? YES.

Let's make this thread even more interesting: what's your favourite Muse song?
For me, it's Sunburn. As I'm sure half of the forum members already knew.

/me waits for Duckula to make some cutting remark about just how much Muse suck. :icon_bigg

Foeni
01-03-2005, 04:56 PM
Mine is Sing for Absolution.

marine
01-03-2005, 05:06 PM
My fav songs: Unintended or/and Muscle Museum

Liam
01-03-2005, 05:11 PM
Muscle Museum, In Your World, Citizen Erased.

Also love the 'instrumentals' on Hullabaloo disc 1 - Forced In and Gallery.

Jules
01-03-2005, 05:13 PM
YES. muse fan. love muse, addicted to them.....

my favorite song is "butterflies and hurricans" and my all time favorite is "muscle museum"

did anybody go to a concert? I'm planning on seeing them since the day I heard muscle museum the first time,.... :Hail: love them so much!!!

so lets tack some more about them! whats the best video they did??

:icon_dj:

Foeni
01-03-2005, 05:15 PM
A friend of mine heard them on the Roskilde Festival if anyone know what that is!?! A very big festival that lasts one week, I think, with a lot of great and/or famous musicians. This year Ozzy Osbourne plays for instance.

Liam
01-03-2005, 05:15 PM
Video?

The Extras on the Hullabaloo DVD where Dom does the Slipknot thing. Almost pissed my pants when I saw that - ask Leonie :D

Leonie
01-03-2005, 05:26 PM
Heh. True.

Hmmm... If we get to pick more than one song, I have to add Space Dementia, In Your World, Stockholm Syndrome, Endlessly, Showbiz, The Gallery, Nature_1... I'll stop now. But Sunburn's still the most awesome song ever.

FooTM
01-03-2005, 05:31 PM
I wonder who voted no ;)

Leonie
01-03-2005, 05:40 PM
I wonder who voted no ;)
/me clicks the 1.

Must have been some idiot :icon_razz

Mags
01-03-2005, 08:59 PM
Plug In Baby.

mmm.../me plays intro on her guitar

Digital_Ice
01-03-2005, 09:08 PM
i am a muse fan in so far as i like muse. (i said yes by the way) however, given the option to choose between muse and someone such as the bluetones/greenday/etc. i wouldn't pick muse.

Jacoby
01-03-2005, 09:22 PM
Muse is the worst modern British band.

marry rich people
01-03-2005, 10:23 PM

I can almost see Leonie assembling her sniper rifle.

Meteora
01-03-2005, 10:29 PM
Mu who?

acliff
01-03-2005, 10:41 PM
Muse are flawed.
However, they are unique, they rock better than most other bands currently in the world, and they have a (to my experience) an unparalleled live act.

Best song?
Forced in, nature 1, or hysteria. Although citizen erased always holds a dear place in my heart.

duckula
01-03-2005, 11:15 PM
Muse need to quit their bitchin' and surrender to the power of Rock.

Renegade
02-03-2005, 03:24 AM
I don't think Muse is great, but I do like 'Cave' and a few others already mentioned.

Leonie
02-03-2005, 06:23 AM

I can almost see Leonie assembling her sniper rifle.

Coming from someone named 'the flapper', I think I can take it :icon_razz

I agree that Muse aren't totally perfect, but there's the theatrical aspect that makes them awesome. They don't just sit there and play their song, they turn it into a show.

I must admit though, that there are even songs I *don't* like. *shock horror* Jimmy Kane? Terrible.

deviljet88
02-03-2005, 06:43 AM
W00t found a Muse song I like that hasn't been mentioned yet: Bliss :D

peach
02-03-2005, 11:05 AM
Voted not a muse fan, simply because I dont like them.

Pygmalion
02-03-2005, 11:10 AM
I like "plug-in baby" Its one of my all-time favourite songs.

hasselbrad
02-03-2005, 12:04 PM
I can listen to Absolution straight through without feeling the need to skip any songs. I can say that about very little music from this era.
I like Stockholm Syndrome.

Leonie
03-03-2005, 08:11 AM
I can't believe I forgot to mention Shrinking Universe. Awesome song :)

Keyser_so_so
03-03-2005, 07:24 PM
I am a certified Muse obsessive. Now, if I just save for a few more years (about a decade, actually), I'll have enough to get me a custom made guitar very much like one of the Matt-O-Casters (very cool name. Mainly because I am also named Matthew) from the Mansons guitar shop in the not so far away Devon.

Andrew
03-03-2005, 11:11 PM
I am a certified Muse obsessive. Now, if I just save for a few more years (about a decade, actually), I'll have enough to get me a custom made guitar very much like one of the Matt-O-Casters (very cool name. Mainly because I am also named Matthew) from the Mansons guitar shop in the not so far away Devon.
I thought he had his specially made and only he could get them, although there are some very similar?

Dionysus
04-03-2005, 02:47 AM
Not A Muse Fan

i've heard a few of theyre songs and they all sounds the same
i don't like any new music anyway so i'm probably a little biased
but they're no diffrent from 1,000,000 other bands out there

mufiman
04-03-2005, 05:11 AM
Muse is pretty good, my favorite songs are Thoughts of a dying atheist, The smallprint and Dead star.

Keyser_so_so
04-03-2005, 10:38 AM
I thought he had his specially made and only he could get them, although there are some very similar?

Well, at the shop where he got them custom made (Mansons in Exeter, or go to http://www.mansons.co.uk/) you can put all the funky stuff in a guitar from there. There's even a seperate website (http://www.mansonguitars.co.uk) where Hugh Manson will actually make you a guitar with all your selected bits and bobs in and it can be in either a Telecaster shape or Stratocaster shape (and you can change the body a bit if you like, as Matt did with a Telecaster shape for most of guitars and a strat shape for his new 'Bomber Manson'.

I think this might have changed now, but Hugh used to allow people to have a very similar body to a Matt-O-Caster or whichever of Matt's guitars you like, just as long as you had your own specifications inside it (i.e.-your selected pick-ups, effects, etc.), but I think it'd be less likely now. The thing is, is that unless you have thousands of pounds to use on it, you wouldn't be able to actually get a Matt-style guitar.

Personally, I'm happy with my current multi-effects pedal and Fender Jag-Stang (altough I'm looking to put a 'Motherbucker' Humbucker at the neck, to get a Muse style sound a bit more).

Hope that answers your question!

Keyser_so_so
04-03-2005, 10:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keyser_so_so
Anything from Muse's Showbiz.

Sooo... you hear Sunburn and you think 'whee, suicide'?
Feel free to counter that in the Muse thread

And that I shall, Leoni... :)

I didn't mean suicide when I was talking about songs to die to, I meant, when I'm an old bugger and I'm taking my last breath, I'd like to be listening to the whole album and dying peacefully while thinking about when I was first listening to that- which was a very happy and beautiful time.

Foeni
06-03-2005, 12:04 PM
So, 75 % it is.