PDA

View Full Version : Greatest Songs to Die to

deviljet88
27-02-2005, 07:16 AM
Feeling a bit morose and depressed, so I thought, why not a shitty thread about what song you'd most love to die to (of course based on the, best songs to have sex to thread).

Currently its, Radiohead's Lucky.

Renegade
27-02-2005, 07:20 AM
Death Cab- This Charming Man

Leonie
27-02-2005, 07:30 AM
"Get Some Help" by "Wtf Kind Of Thread Is This".

Liam
27-02-2005, 07:31 AM
Anything by the Wiggles.

Flightfreak
27-02-2005, 09:35 AM
Shrek soundtrack: Dance to the music :D

Mandy
27-02-2005, 05:04 PM
"I wish I was an Oscar Meyer weiner."

Richard
27-02-2005, 05:33 PM
If I wanted to hang myself I'd play 'Coal Miner's Daughter' by Loretta Lynn. If I decide to shoot myself I'd play 'Pledging My Love' by Johnny Ace.

I've thought about those two songs since I was a kid.

peach
27-02-2005, 08:13 PM
I dont know, what songs does people normally die to happy or sad? If I knew that I was going to die to a certain song I would want it to make me happy or a song that means a lot to me.

Elijahfan
27-02-2005, 10:26 PM
no idea, um....fall to pieces by velvet revolver, other songs i could die to because they're so great, believer by ben kweller and damien rice's the blower's daughters (the name also makes me laugh too, oh i am so immature)

Bait
27-02-2005, 11:24 PM
ok well i never thought about this but i guess if i were to choose it would be one of these

another one bites the dust...extremely loud so when someone walks by they know what happend (i died)

or

the outlaw torn-metallica if someone i was really close to just died, so other people know why i did it (another stupid reason but who gives a fuck...im trying to help jet out here with his suicide contemplation)

and lastly

a beautiful night-burden brothers

because i like that song...and i always think if you kill yourself it should be at night :P

(by the way the last one is only for jet, because im sure if he killed himself it would be a great night for all :icon_twis )

btw jet im j/k :P

mufiman
27-02-2005, 11:46 PM
hmmm...

'Yesterday', by the beatles. that, or 'Sabotage' by the Beastie boys. i dont know why, but that would be cool.

Jacoby
28-02-2005, 12:07 AM
"Bloody Sunday"

It would be a great song to fight to the death to.

apoggy
28-02-2005, 12:32 AM
Don't Look Back In Anger - Oasis, I just thought the title fitted :D

Digital_Ice
28-02-2005, 12:42 AM
always look on the bright side of life - monty python and the life of brian

"For life is quite absurd
And death's the final word
You must always face the curtain with a bow.
Forget about your sin - give the audience a grin
Enjoy it - it's your last chance anyhow."

"Life's a laugh and death's a joke, it's true.
You'll see it's all a show
Keep 'em laughing as you go
Just remember that the last laugh is on you."

When i die, i'm going out whistling this!!

Ranman
28-02-2005, 03:03 AM
Here are 3 songs that will make you want to kill yourself

Mandy by Barry Manilow

Honey by Bobby Goldsboro

and the worst

Seasons in the sun by Terry Jacks
(who actually killed himself )

I live in hell because my older sister listens to these songs everyday
Someone please shoot me.

Digital_Ice
28-02-2005, 04:17 AM
*Points Desert Eagle .50 at Ranman*

lol

yeah, seasons in the sun is very depressing. my dad loves it. i cant see whats so great about it!?!?! :icon_conf

Liam
28-02-2005, 04:32 AM
Honey by Bobby Goldsboro

:icon_lol:

Mandy
28-02-2005, 04:36 AM

Mandy by Barry Manilow

What?!?!

hasselbrad
28-02-2005, 02:27 PM

Mandy by Barry Manilow

Honey by Bobby Goldsboro

and the worst

Seasons in the sun by Terry Jacks
(who actually killed himself )

I live in hell because my older sister listens to these songs everyday
Someone please shoot me.

Honey is the only song on your list that Me First and the Gimme Gimmes haven't covered. They should do it, post haste.
Terry Jacks is still alive. It was about a friend who killed himself. I saw him in an interview recently.

My choices...

...The End and/or Break on Through. The Doors.

acliff
01-03-2005, 07:34 AM
'Suicide is painless' - Manic Street preachers cover. What a song.
'Walking abortion' - Manic street preachers
'Die in the summertime' - Manic street preachers
'Archives of pain' - Manic street preachers
'All apologies' - Nirvana, if I'm feeling all repenting
'Fade to black' - Metallica, if I'm to commit suicide in a violent way
'Thoughts of a dying athiest' - Muse, if I was an atheist and was thinking

I'll post when I think of some more

Keyser_so_so
01-03-2005, 03:51 PM
Anything from Muse's Showbiz. It holds a lot for me, that album (sweet, sweet memories). At my funeral I'd love something happy, and not something that'll mean that anyone at my funeral won't be able to get into the band of choice... I think it'd be Happy Ride by The Mad Capsule Markets- it's happy, crazy, and I'd make sure people knew I meant my life had been happy (it better be!)... Now, I'm off to arse around for a bit- I think it's something to deal with closer to the time! Stay happy, people!

Foeni
01-03-2005, 04:13 PM
System of a Down - Chop Suey.

Leonie
01-03-2005, 04:58 PM
Anything from Muse's Showbiz.

Sooo... you hear Sunburn and you think 'whee, suicide'? :icon_Oogl
Feel free to counter that in the Muse thread :)

hasselbrad
01-03-2005, 06:20 PM
Sunday Morning Coming Down...written and performed by Kris Kristofferson and covered by Johnny Cash and Willie Nelson (separately) will make you want to blow your brains out with a 10 gauge shotgun. Why 10? Because you might survive the blast from a 12.

acliff
01-03-2005, 10:43 PM
Johnny Cash - Hurt (cover)

The most raw song I have probably ever heard.

hasselbrad
02-03-2005, 12:08 PM
Johnny Cash - Hurt (cover)

The most raw song I have probably ever heard.

True story.
Sorry Trent, but Mr. Cash owns that song for all eternity.

deviljet88
02-03-2005, 12:55 PM
My second song: Jeff Buckley - Hallelujah

Dionysus
02-03-2005, 03:00 PM
Pink Floyd - The Great Gig In The Sky

the ultimate dying song, i want it played at my funeral

is it wierd to be planning your funeral if your 19

acliff
02-03-2005, 10:47 PM
Pink Floyd - The Great Gig In The Sky

the ultimate dying song, i want it played at my funeral

is it wierd to be planning your funeral if your 19

Not if you're planning to die in the near future.

marine
03-03-2005, 05:46 AM
"Annie's lament" by annie ross
cause there are no words, just the voice of a woman and everytime I hear it I'm in a good mood.

no songs to remind me how life suck and everything else.

Liam
03-03-2005, 05:59 AM
Anything by the Dillinger Escape Plan. Scary, screamy weirdo-metal.

Foeni
03-03-2005, 09:05 PM
I might also want Slayer - God send death.

PhoeniX
04-03-2005, 05:52 PM
The End, by The Doors

Ranman
04-03-2005, 06:11 PM
Terry Jacks is still alive. It was about a friend who killed himself. I saw him in an interview recently.

He's not dead? Wait till I see my sister tonight
I agreed not to make fun of that song cause he was dead

hasselbrad
04-03-2005, 07:33 PM

He's not dead? Wait till I see my sister tonight
I agreed not to make fun of that song cause he was dead

Glad to be of assistance. Unless he died in the last year or so, he's still alive. Lives out in the Pacific Northwest spending the money he made from that song. If memory serves me, it was about a friend who was dying of cancer. Don't trust my memory though, as it tends to be untrustworthy at times.
Me First and the Gimme Gimmes do an awesome cover of it, and if your sister really likes the song, it's sure to piss her off.

SakoFan
07-03-2005, 09:41 PM
no-one come up with the classic "Another One Bites the Dust" - Queen

deviljet88
08-03-2005, 08:48 AM
no-one come up with the classic "Another One Bites the Dust" - Queen
Actually Bait did on the first page.

Another one: Coldplay's In My Place

Leonie
08-03-2005, 09:00 AM
Street Spirit (Fade Out) by Radiohead.

acliff
08-03-2005, 11:03 AM
Not a bad choice.
I would have personally gone for no surprises and creep by the same band.

Leonie
08-03-2005, 01:09 PM
No Surprises - yes. Creep's more of an unrequited love song, although there are definitely bits in there that are pretty damn depressing and not so much about love.

I've been listening to Radiohead a lot these past few days. Nothing like a depressing song to cheer you up. Or something...

EmotionSickness
08-03-2005, 01:37 PM
"Forever" by Jesse and the Rippers.

hasselbrad
08-03-2005, 02:20 PM
My Way...Frank Sinatra

Trisear
09-03-2005, 08:00 AM
oh gosh... actually I think I'm never gonna die, but if I was to... well I'd choose "watching over me" by Iced Earth... or "Valhalla" by Blind Guardian.

Liam
09-03-2005, 08:04 AM
Rammstein - Ohne Dich

acliff
09-03-2005, 08:55 AM
"I will survive" or 'the show will go on' for the ironic touch.

deviljet88
09-03-2005, 09:09 AM
R.E.M. - Losing My Religion

Trisear
09-03-2005, 02:17 PM
"I will survive" or 'the show will go on' for the ironic touch.

don't you mean maybe "the show MUST go on", by Queen?

MrPink
09-03-2005, 06:35 PM
got to be The Slaughter by John Frusciante, or Far away by John Frusciante, i know the slaughter sounds a bit dodgy but it's a great song, john frusciante is definatly the way forward

Richard
09-03-2005, 06:49 PM
I completely forgot 'Somewhere Over The Rainbow' by Judy Garland. I'm gonna use that in my movie, though not very original.

Jacoby
09-03-2005, 07:33 PM
Carissa's Wierd - "All Apologies and Smiles..."

But I'd have to be dying with a girl I love. That's the only condition. Death is nothing, anyway.

hasselbrad
09-03-2005, 07:35 PM
My Generation...The Who.

"hope I die, before I get old." Arggh. **thump**

Liam
10-03-2005, 07:22 AM
This just in:

Alastair Jamieson of Scotsman.com is reporting that research suggests Germans favor guitar-led songs by bands such as AC/DC and Metallica to be played at their funeral, while Italians and Spaniards prefer more classical music.

More than 45,000 adults across Europe were polled on their choice of funeral tune by digital television channel, Music Choice.

Queen's "The Show Must Go On" was voted No 1 funeral song by one in five Europeans, with Led Zeppelin's "Stairway to Heaven" coming in second and AC/DC's "Highway to Hell" third.

Queen's "Who Wants to Live Forever" and Metallica's "Nothing Else Matters" also featured strongly.

In the U.K., Robbie Williams' "Angels" came out top, followed by the Frank Sinatra anthem "My Way". Among other popular British choices were Bette Midlers's "Wind Beneath My Wings" as well as "Amazing Grace".

The European results were also broken down country by country. Norway's favourites include "Time to Say Goodbye" by Andrea Bocelli and "Viva Las Vegas" by Elvis. The French top five was dominated by French music, while Mozarts's "Requiem" was the top choice in Italy. Spaniards and Finns prefer Albinoni's mournful "Adagio For Strings".

Rebecca Barrett, of Music Choice, said: "Music can be very personal, indeed it often helps create a sense of identity. Wanting to share your most treasured musical gem with those you're leaving behind is the perfect way to sign off and leave a lasting impression.

"It is interesting that the French preferred French songs and classical music and didn't really go for the sort of heavy rock metal that is popular in Germany. There was such a different set of choices between those two countries."

Bait
11-03-2005, 04:33 AM
jeff buckely-lost highway
gary jules-mad world (depends on the situation like if it was suicide or something)

Ashley
11-03-2005, 05:51 AM
"Forever" by Jesse and the Rippers.

How I missed that the first time is beyond me, but that's hilarious.

For myself I think I'd go with Stairway to Heaven just for humor sake... or Highway to Hell for the same reason.

Digital_Ice
11-03-2005, 09:01 AM
gary jules-mad world (depends on the situation like if it was suicide or something)

the tears for fears original is soooooooo much better!!!

Scott
12-03-2005, 01:28 AM
Metallica - Fade to Black

duckula
12-03-2005, 01:49 AM
Louis Armstrong - 'What a Wonderful World'

EmotionSickness
12-03-2005, 02:32 AM
How I missed that the first time is beyond me, but that's hilarious.

Haha, I was waiting for someone to realize that I was JOKING! I'm sure 99% of the people here didn't know what I was talking about, though.

My serious answer? I don't think I want any popular music being played while I'm dying. I don't want any music playing, period. But if you meant to ask what song do we want playing at our funeral (and not actually while we are in the act of perishing) .. then I'd have to go with something classical, maybe a hymn. No popular music.

seventhson
12-03-2005, 05:38 PM
THREE LITTLE BIRDS - Bob Marley

Peace,
(-: SeventhSon :-)

Ardnax
12-03-2005, 05:40 PM
Die an other day- Madonna :icon_rofl

Bait
19-03-2005, 09:11 PM
just to add another

nine inch nails - hurt

and also i prefer the gary jules version over the tears for fears "mad world"...to me the slower pace and music(piano) goes better with the lyrics/emotion

mike
19-03-2005, 09:26 PM
i have a track from Black Hawk Down played titled leave no man behind playing and id like to die in a dramatic heroic way, after taking a bullet for a mate or something :)

deviljet88
20-03-2005, 01:49 AM
My 3rd or 4th one now, Radiohead - Exit Music

hannahjane
20-03-2005, 01:52 AM
What a really dodgy thread!!! Dodgy, but ingenius all the same. I'm not sure what I'd want to die to though....I don't want to die at all, yet.

Maybe that totally overrated 'Mad World' of DD, purely because it is SOOOOOOOOOOO depressing (though quite nice in a weird tinkering piano sort of way). I couldn't listen to a boppy song whilst dying - that would really kill me! (Ho ho!).

deviljet88
20-03-2005, 02:30 AM
Thanks for adding ingenius to your comment so it didn't just agree with the community that this is one fucked up thread :P This thread wasn't made to just for when you die/suicide, it can include the song/s you want at your funeral.

mike
20-03-2005, 02:39 AM
at my funaral i want adgio for strings aka the theme from platoon

it should be made compulsory for all funarals!

it was played at my fiances funeral and it realy gives you time to cotemplate :icon_sad:

hannahjane
20-03-2005, 12:33 PM
at my funaral i want adgio for strings aka the theme from platoon

it should be made compulsory for all funarals!

it was played at my fiances funeral and it realy gives you time to cotemplate :icon_sad:

Sorry to hear about your loss there. :(

deviljet88, I'm quite scared at your comment that you've posted "3 or 4" now!! lol...hey, if you ever need to talk to anyone...I'm here for ya ;) I'm just joking. And Radiohead are cool - I love 'Creep' by them; and I also love Damien Rice's cover version of it.

Erm, I think I'd have to play a boppy song at my funeral (as opposed to a depressing one whilst I die), because I'm one of these weird happy people who would want to be remembered as being, um, weird and happy. Without making a final funeral-song decision, I'd like "Move On Up" by Curtis Mayfield because that is a class song, that all my friends will acknowledge I sing all the time!!! Bop to the high heavens!

mike
20-03-2005, 03:12 PM
I'm one of these weird happy people who would want to be remembered as being, um, weird and happy.

nothing to do with songs for funerals i know so soz bout spaming but one thing id like to do is on the hurst that carys me id like to have "Just Died" on the back as opose to Just Marryed on a wedding car and maybe some small coffins and skeltons trailing from behind it!

i just think that would brighten up any random passers day as my hurst drove by, and thankfully my brotheres agreed nd if i pop it b4 him hell make the arangments :)

ps thanks for condolenses

deviljet88
21-03-2005, 06:18 AM
Sorry to hear about your loss there. :(

deviljet88, I'm quite scared at your comment that you've posted "3 or 4" now!! lol...hey, if you ever need to talk to anyone...I'm here for ya ;) I'm just joking. And Radiohead are cool - I love 'Creep' by them; and I also love Damien Rice's cover version of it.

I'm the nutter who made the thread in the first place :P

Keyser_so_so
07-04-2005, 09:38 AM
And Radiohead are cool - I love 'Creep' by them; and I also love Damien Rice's cover version of it.

Wow! Two of my favourite artists... That sounds amazing, does anyone have a MP3 or wma of that which I could have, or know where I can find that cover? PM me!