PDA

View Full Version : SUPER SUPER Mario

IBO
25-02-2005, 02:40 AM
Follow the link, this is a video of a guy beating Super Mario 3 in 11mins this is amazing.....

http://media.ebaumsworld.com/index.php?e=moSMB3.wmv
________
WENDIE 99 (http://www.lovelywendie99.com/)

Renegade
25-02-2005, 05:28 AM
Oh yes, I've seen this. That bastards skipped from world 1 to the last level, or something like that. I liked when he jumped on the bombs while never being hit by the surrounding flak and without ever touching the ground.

Jacoby
25-02-2005, 02:35 PM
There's a cooler video out there of Street Fighter 3 (I think, one of the extra versions)

Well, it was a SF contest and it was the final round. This one guy was playing as Ken and he was losing; he only needed one more hit, or so, to be KOed. The other guy came up and did the special move which was about 15 punches in 1 second, but the guy who was controlling Ken parried all of the punches (which is the most amazing thing ever because it's hard to parry a normal punch in that game) and then killed the guy with an uppercut. It was the best thing I've ever seen.

deviljet88
26-02-2005, 01:48 AM
That mario one is so freakish... I mean he's played it so much its all timed perfectly... Or he's got really good reflexes.

Digital_Ice
26-02-2005, 01:52 AM
bloody hell, u can tell he has been practicing, he knows just what to do, where to go, when to jump, how many little flue things he needs.

all power to him, thats one hell of a skill (and proof of too much spare time)

btw, is it a him, or am i just conforming to steryotypes?? :icon_conf

Jacoby
26-02-2005, 03:08 AM
btw, is it a him, or am i just conforming to steryotypes?? :icon_conf

My guess is the person behind the controller is a Japanese Male.

Spire
26-02-2005, 05:06 AM
This is old and it's been proved that he used cheats. So therefore, it's fake.

Narg
01-03-2005, 05:37 AM
How did they proove it ? and what cheats...

Foeni
01-03-2005, 04:29 PM
That dude seriously need to get a life. It doesn't really matter if he used cheats. If he did he's a loser for using cheats in a game like Super Mario. If he didn't, he has used way too much time learning that to have a life.

Spire
05-03-2005, 05:47 AM
How did they proove it ? and what cheats...

This is from another site:

I'm sorry for those, like me, who felt that the Mario 3 video was one of the most amazing things they have ever seen. Truth be told, the video is fake.

There proof comes straight from the horses mouth. At the end of the video, there are url's to two different websites. The soramimi.egoism.jp one is the one with the proof. The site is in Japanese, but a translation done exposes the truth.

I QUOTE: ZURU is carried out. It is dropping and moving by the emulator till 1/30 second. Save and loading are repeated and recorded during movie record.
When a mistake is saved and made before a dangerous place, it is touch called loading. The translation is poor, but you get the point.

The video was done on an emulator FRAME by FRAME, with constant usage of save states to correct any errors. The only true feat in the whole video is that a person actually took the time to map out every level and know the patterns for all the enemies. Actually performing the task of playing took little skill, however.

The guy that did the video never actually meant for everyone to believe it was a person playing in real time. He also says: I think I am sorry very much so that the dream of the pure person who considered may be ruined.
It should have written beforehand. and I am very sorry to people considered to be a play by people's hand seriously

Also in the translation, it states that it took the guy 2 years to do it. The Japanese must have a lot of free time on their hands.

frodo1511
06-03-2005, 02:25 PM
Even though he used an emulator, he does get brownie points for knowing the maps like the back of his hand in advance.

For those who haven't seen it: http://www.media.ebaumsworld.com/index.php?e=asianarcade.wmv

Jake's proof that Japaneese male's are the greatest creatures known to man.

DefyingGravity
06-03-2005, 04:01 PM
Fake, but pretty damn cool nonetheless.