PDA

View Full Version : I'm being harrassed online

Sarah
23-02-2005, 09:36 PM
This is seriously starting to annoy me to death.

Someone keeps adding me to their msn, and changing their e-mail address constantly to keep adding me.

I keep blocking them, becuase I know its them.

He said he was American and about 42, but he kept changing his age. He's bene syaing really obscene things to me and I'm sick of it now.

How can I permanetly block this person? Like, Ip address or something so that he can't contact me at all.

Please help.

Ranman
23-02-2005, 09:41 PM
Go to tools, then down to options
and check the box that says
only people on your list to contact you
This should work.

Leonie
23-02-2005, 09:41 PM
Can't you like... alter your MSN settings so that you have to approve of people before they can talk to you? That way, you can screen if you think it's a friend or the freak again. Whenever someone has tried to add you, you get this pop up window when you sign in, asking if you want to allow this person to see if you're online etc.

Hope that helps at least a little :) Poor Sarah :/

Edit: Damn slow typing :D What he said.

Edit 2: Well.. either what he said, or Tools - Options - Privacy, and check 'alert me when other people add me to their contact list'

apoggy
23-02-2005, 10:22 PM
do you think its that guy who used to come on here and say obscene things to and about sarah?

Sarah
23-02-2005, 11:03 PM
You could be right, Poggs. What was he called. hmmm, Clinton? or Something like that?

Liam
24-02-2005, 05:45 AM
If it happens to ya while I'm online, let me know and I'll try and compare his IP to the IP's in the KKW database and see what we come up with.

apoggy
24-02-2005, 11:24 AM
If I remember that Clinton was on a static IP, but I may be wrong

Flightfreak
24-02-2005, 11:29 AM
we could always stalk him back ofcourse,
if everyone add's him in msn and start to threat him, anoy him...
http://www.flyingcirkus.com/forum/upfiles/smiley/brutal_12.gif
could be fun

deviljet88
24-02-2005, 11:31 AM
Great idea, what's his addy?

Sarah
24-02-2005, 04:41 PM
Which one? He's got plenty to choose from:

admin@flirt4free.com
gomora@2lipspartners.com
nudaposta@seznam.cz
trevor.l.corad@us.army.mil
millie@flirt4free.com

Theres more but I think I've deleted some of them.

Liam
24-02-2005, 04:59 PM
How classy.

That army one strikes me as very, very odd. When I was looking at active users yesterday, I saw someone looking at Sarah's profile. I'd just read this thread, so I traced it back and it went to a US military base in Florida.

I'm sure the Army would love to know that the internet they provide is being put to such good use.

Andrew
24-02-2005, 05:01 PM
I had this same problem a couple of months back but they finally stopped after two weeks, how long has the person been doing it for?

Sarah
24-02-2005, 05:03 PM
Ah so the plot thickens.

He's been doing it for just over a week. Though he's calmed it down since yesterday.

Andrew
24-02-2005, 05:17 PM
Ah so the plot thickens.

He's been doing it for just over a week. Though he's calmed it down since yesterday.
It won't have been the same person as I hadn't discovered this place then, but I will add those e-mails to my msn later and we could all get a 'Help Sarah From The Weirdo Campaign' or 'Abusive E-mail Campaign' going (I'm unsure on which name to use)

hasselbrad
24-02-2005, 05:48 PM
I wonder if it's someone who's gotten ahold of e-mail addresses and uses them for shit like this, thinking they are covering their tracks. They seem pretty random.
Did it say what base in Florida?

Sarah
24-02-2005, 09:49 PM
Another e-mail address, but I blocked it as soon as he added me. It was pretty obvious it was him.

And he's even using MY name now. :mad:

mapperz@mapperz.com

How pathetic.

Scott
25-02-2005, 06:42 AM
Change you MSN address. You can save you contact list and copy it to your new account with a few clicks so you won't lose anybody.

Sarah
25-02-2005, 02:07 PM
That causes way too much trouble for me, though. I'm signed up to so many things that go to my current address.

I just had a anti-virus warning that said my computer was trying to be hacked into, or something along those lines, but my Internet Security thing stopped it. WTF!

Flightfreak
25-02-2005, 04:12 PM
admin@flirt4free.com

This is something i find rather strange "Admin"@flirt...
it looks like that guy is pretty frustrated.
already more news about the IP of clinton?

Foeni
01-03-2005, 01:35 PM
Go to the police, and have them trace the ip back to the US Military Base in Florida. Then your police could contact the US Army, and they could have an expert look in to it. I'm not sure they'll do anything about it, but I think it's worth a try.

Flightfreak
01-03-2005, 04:10 PM
i doubt they would take it serious, Sarah is an adult. They will probably just say "change your e-mail address".

Foeni
01-03-2005, 04:21 PM
Probably yes, that's why I said I wasn't sure they'd do something. The only reason I see for them to do something, is that it might be a soldier. It doesn't make the chance that they'll do something big, but as I said, why not give it a try. One can always phone the police.

Trisear
09-03-2005, 08:12 AM
this is true. a friend of mine had the same problem except the man who annoyed her used my nickname... so she thought it was me... I got so angry that I called a friend of mine who is a hacker... and had him blow the schmuck out of the water. I know this isn't legal... but it's a chance we have against those idiots. if you know any hacker, call him and ask him to help you.

Alendor
12-06-2005, 03:35 PM
I know it is kind of an old topic. But I thought I would just say that two of those emails(flirt4free and mapperz) has also been users that has added me to msn.
I blocked flirt imediately based on the email alone. Mapperz I wondered over but after 5 minutes with a guy asking me personal questions in english without him saying anything about himself, I blocked him too.

But it explains a bit if it has origin here, because when I had my Iyari Limon-avatar I got about two pms where people wanted to know if that really was me(and in that case I was fine)

So maybe the same harrassing user thought I looked like her and added me.

Sorry if I breathed life in a too old topic

dave
19-01-2006, 12:03 PM
Which one? He's got plenty to choose from:

admin@flirt4free.com
gomora@2lipspartners.com
nudaposta@seznam.cz
trevor.l.corad@us.army.mil
millie@flirt4free.com

Theres more but I think I've deleted some of them.

If the US.ARMY.MIL address is really him it is easy to blast him back. Merely send a letter of complaint to admin@us.army.mil You also should cc that letter (e-mail) to the address of the provost marshall of the us.army.mil and to the general in charge of the US Army. US Army website (http://www.army.mil/) should get you close enough to the right address to stop/investigate this problem.

You see, if this Trevor.L.Corad's e-mail address is being used by someone else, that is a federal crime. That machine is a US. Government machine and forging e-mail using an address from there is a very bad thing. Jail time would ensue. If it is indeed him doing it; shit will rain down on him from very high. That's another reason why you want to cc the General in charge of the Army. He will check and have Shit Rain fall on anyone who doesn't get it stopped quickly. What this person is doing is now a crime in the US. We just passed some new laws.

Believe me when I tell you that the Army makes a big thing about protecting women and children. The only good thing most of these Army guys have is "The Girlfriend Back Home" and they regularly die for them. They are the last people to put up with a scuzball harassing a woman.

OK. I looked around over there and there is a quick thing you can do that is guaranteed to cause an investigation. Go to file a FOIA request (https://www2.arims.army.mil/rmdaxml/rmda/FPHomePage.asp) Somewhere there they will ask you "why?" Tell them the story. Tell them you are trying to find out who this scuzball is so you can have him prosecuted. (They cannot refuse the FOIA.) What this will do is cause them to verify whether this guy did it. If he did, he'll probably get at least 30 days in the brig. He should never contact you again.

This is the guy... Sergeant Major of the Army (http://www.army.mil/leaders/leaders/sma/index.html) He will personally deball the guy. I'll look a little more and see if I can find a direct e-mail address.

Sarah
26-01-2007, 12:59 PM
As old as this topic is, I've had to bring it back up because... drum roll... after two years without him... he's back.

New e-mail address. I accepted the add without even thinking. In fact, I'd forgotton about it until his first words were ''[my IP address] then Sarah Green Eyes''

He knows my IP. how's he doing that?

The e-mail address he's using now is trevor.l.corad@us.army.mil

He's used this name before, just not this exact e-mail address.

I'm not that bothered about it anymore, its just plane WEIRD.

Sarah
26-01-2007, 01:02 PM
Odd. Looking over this thread, he has used this e-mail address before. Yet I blocked and deleted all his addresses. Very strange.

Sarah
26-01-2007, 02:22 PM
Yes, it said E-mail address not verified