PDA

View Full Version : In the Name of the Father

Nick
23-02-2005, 05:44 AM
I just watched this movie and I was just wondering if anyone else had seen this movie and what they thought of it. For those who haven't seen it it's about Gerry Conlon, one of the "Guildford four," who was aressted and falsely accused of a terrorist bombing. Of course I suppose if you don't know anything about this case before seeing the movie then it might not be all that interesting. However if you have heard of the "Guildford four" then you might find it interesting and I recommend it.

Ardnax
23-02-2005, 08:28 AM
I love that movie! I watched in school on our english class. I was so pissed off that even if they arrested the real bomber they still kept Jerry Conlon and his friends in prison! :mad:

PhoeniX
23-02-2005, 05:30 PM
I've heard of the Guilford Four, they've just been in the news becuase Tony Blair apologysed to them for what happened, atleast I think it was them..

Ardnax
23-02-2005, 05:35 PM
Yeah, it was them.

Nick
24-02-2005, 06:15 AM
It does sort of make you sick to think of the gross injustice that was done to these people. Not only were they imprisoned for fifteen years but the police tortured them to make them confess to a crime they didn't commit. On top of that even when the inspectors found out that they were innocent they had them locked up anyway just to protect their own careers.

The Black Rider
24-02-2005, 02:38 PM
I've heard of it but I've never seen it. I try to avoid these kind of movies as I often find them condescending and arrogant, especially the ones from Ireland and the UK. But what do I know? It might very well be good.