PDA

View Full Version : American Idol

dudDers-ley
21-02-2005, 01:39 AM
For those of you who have the ability to watch, who's your fav right now? Personally, I actually dislike Mikalah. I knew her at school and she was just a bad person, to me. So, what do you think?

Kelsey
21-02-2005, 05:14 PM
Mikalah's a little bit obnoxious. I don't know her name, but I like that farm girl.

Also, I'm sad that I responded to this thread.

Renegade
21-02-2005, 05:28 PM
Also, I'm sad that I responded to this thread.

lol. I watched the 2nd season of American Idol and tidbits of the 3rd. Honestly, the only fun parts are the auditions (although William Hung's was blown way out of proportion). The actual competition is boring in my opinion.

Liam
21-02-2005, 05:42 PM
The Idol shows are mind rot television that lower your IQ just for tuning in, and as such, I have never and will never watch them.

Ever.

Meteora
21-02-2005, 06:07 PM
I once watched a few minutes of an American Idol episode.

Strangely enough, immediately afterwards I had the urge to slit my wrists.

Funny how those things work.

hasselbrad
21-02-2005, 06:10 PM
I estimate there is a 3-5 IQ point loss with each episode.

Jacoby
21-02-2005, 06:18 PM
The show's sort of interesting. I watched part of the first season, but nothing after that. If I turn on a television it's usually for videogames.

It must be weird personally knowing one of the finalists, dud. Especially if she's a terrible person.

Kelsey
21-02-2005, 07:44 PM
I know someone who got through to the judges. Paula and Randy liked her, Simon said she was too cruise ship-y. I agree with Simon. Plus, she looks like a toucan.

I don't think it lowers your IQ or anything. That argument could be said for anything on TV these days, I just think it's been taken a little far.

hasselbrad
21-02-2005, 08:42 PM
I know someone who got through to the judges. Paula and Randy liked her, Simon said she was too cruise ship-y. I agree with Simon. Plus, she looks like a toucan.

I don't think it lowers your IQ or anything. That argument could be said for anything on TV these days, I just think it's been taken a little far.

True story.
If your television isn't on the History Channel, you are losing IQ points like you are at a Dead show.

Meteora
21-02-2005, 09:42 PM
Unless college football is on TV, in which case you can watch that and gain IQ.

Liam
22-02-2005, 04:19 AM
True story.
If your television isn't on the History Channel, you are losing IQ points like you are at a Dead show.

Amen.

Football doesnt increase your IQ. It increases your MQ, but only if its a particularly violent match.