PDA

View Full Version : Potc 2

Pages : 1 [2]

Greg21
02-08-2006, 10:02 PM
firstly... its full of undead dead people....

They are undead until they return all of the gold, which happens, then he's shot in the heart and dies. It's not that hard to follow, like you said it's a Disney.

Urbanebula
03-08-2006, 11:02 AM
Also can I point out that they're not really "undead." They're cursed. They all served under Captain Jack Sparrow who is middle aged correct? Therfore how can they be undead if they never died in the first place. If they had died and were decaying surely when the curse was lifted they would have turned into the rotting corpses that the moonlight percieved them to be and threfore would have all died on the spot and oh no I've gone cross eyed.

Another thing (I don't like picking at plot holes, honestly) but why wasn't Barbosa's monkey relieved of the aforementioned curse?

Greg21
17-08-2006, 04:37 AM
Another thing (I don't like picking at plot holes, honestly) but why wasn't Barbosa's monkey relieved of the aforementioned curse?

I just noticed, while putting the 1st POTC on my ipod, at the very end after the credits, it shows the monkey going back and taking a peice of gold.

devine kk
17-08-2006, 07:28 AM
WRONG!!! Plenty of people have died in Disney movies. .....................eaten by hideous monsters. (Dragons, Dinosaurs and more recently one big fucking octopus! (Krakken))

I do believe that the Krakken is not dead; it lost a few tentacles (that's tentacles Haz) but then returned to eat Captain Jack. Hence the rest of the crew are going to sail to the end of the world to save him.

I tend to agree with the critics though that it is not a film in its own right but a stepping-stone to number 3. Also I don't see what relevance the opening scenes had or why they needed to be so graphic. My only assumption is that it will be an extra on the DVD, Jacks adventure to get the picture of the key, or something.

Good spot about the monkey i will have to check that out, does this mean they are all cursed again, hence Barbosa returns.

Leonie
17-08-2006, 07:51 AM
I tend to agree with the critics though that it is not a film in its own right but a stepping-stone to number 3. Also I don't see what relevance the opening scenes had or why they needed to be so graphic. My only assumption is that it will be an extra on the DVD, Jacks adventure to get the picture of the key, or something.

Good spot about the monkey i will have to check that out, does this mean they are all cursed again, hence Barbosa returns.

SPOILER

It doesn't mean they're all cursed again, just the one who took a coin is, so just the monkey. Isn't Barbossa eating an apple at the end of POTC2, thus suggesting he can taste it?

I agree with the critics: couldn't help but being horribly disappointed with the second movie. To me, all the little storylines seemed like loose threads, desperately trying to connect part 1 and 3. Nothing was resolved, you kept waiting for the movie to get going, and it never really did.

Mrs. Bale
17-08-2006, 03:04 PM
oh man, I didn't not see this movie, well i dont have a job, its dificult for me, but people said that movie was a good movie, very people said that the problem of the movie is orlando bloom, well, orlando is not bad, but is not a greaaaaat actor you know, step by step he learns. i believe in him.