PDA

View Full Version : What are your plans for the future?

Vertical Vortex
05-07-2004, 04:34 PM
Hi, because the most of us are still young... i was wondering what you want to do in the future... like a job, or study.

I am learning for Special Effects, Movie editing and stuff, but maybe i am going to do a film school after this one. Because i want to become a director :cool:

your turn ;)

Kyle_West
05-07-2004, 05:00 PM
Hi, because the most of us are still young... i was wondering what you want to do in the future... like a job, or study.

I am learning for Special Effects, Movie editing and stuff, but maybe i am going to do a film school after this one. Because i want to become a director :cool:

your turn ;)

almost like me.

After I finish school. I hope to go to film school. I am writing scripts as of now, and I'd love to become a director someday. I'm taking acting classes also and writing classes. Film will hopefully have something to do with my life. There is a film festival about 20 minutes away from my home so I will check those out and when I complete a film I can send it in. Good experience.

narya
05-07-2004, 05:16 PM
I want to live in either London, NY or LA and do something with fashion design, anything! Designer, stylist, whatever. I know i'll go somewhere for post secondary but I really don't know yet!

Ardnax
05-07-2004, 05:24 PM
I want to be an actress, a writer and a singer. Big plans but I've send a book to a publisher. They haven't answered yet. :(

Sarah
05-07-2004, 05:57 PM
After I finish my A-Levels next year, I am applying for a trainee journalist position at the Grimsby Telegraph.

Liam
05-07-2004, 06:27 PM
After I recover from the endless cycle of working 50+ hours a week, I plan to go to Duxford with duckula and pinch the Grace Spitfire.

Honest.

We dont need a job, food, accomodation or any of lifes 'necessities'. We have a Spitfire.

Richard
05-07-2004, 06:34 PM
Some of you I can relate too. After I do finish High school, I plan to attend a four-year collage and major in film. I don't plan to make an attempt at directing just yet, but more as a film editor or somekind of assistent. If there's anything I learned, it's to not make a jump-start at directing, to be honest I don't believe I know enough. I may think I do, but that's a whole different story. I'm still young. I'd rather get used to being on a movie set and know what to expect rather than going in half-cocked. I have no intention of acting, though I like it and it pays well, I know I won't be able to get over my shyness of working with possibly hundreds of people.

Kelsey
05-07-2004, 07:35 PM
I'll be a senior in high school and a freshman in college this upcoming year (yeah, at the same time). I am taking classes now, but I ultimately want to graduate from either UC Berkeley or UCLA. Next term, I am interning for our local congresswoman, and so I am considering majoring in political science, before going to law school. Then I will work on my political career.

If I change my mind, which will most likely happen, I will probably just...major in psych while interning at a production company i have my eye on and attempt to work as a writer/producer. I write screenplays right now, and am currently working on my book.

Jacoby
05-07-2004, 08:25 PM
I want to be a writer of some sort. Doesn't matter wether it's for a paper or if I'm writing novels, I just want to write (I guess I can decide which division of writing I like the best during uni). I want to have a family eventually and live in some nice place a bit north of London. That would be nice.

ryan
05-07-2004, 08:30 PM
i'm too young to have a plan.

Vertical Vortex
05-07-2004, 08:50 PM
almost like me.

After I finish school. I hope to go to film school. I am writing scripts as of now, and I'd love to become a director someday. I'm taking acting classes also and writing classes. Film will hopefully have something to do with my life. There is a film festival about 20 minutes away from my home so I will check those out and when I complete a film I can send it in. Good experience.

Cool, i am working on one myself at this moment. We did some location scouting today. I hope that movie is going to be a breakthrough...

acliff
05-07-2004, 09:49 PM
I plan to make lots of money. I plan to live a good life, so my kids won't have a dad to be ashamed of. I plan to eventually get black belt in taekwondo and ninjitsu, not that belts mean that much. I plan to be able to get into the property market at the lastest 26. I plan to drop my body fat level to athlete levels. I plan to be able to run 3 miles in 20 minutes. Lots of planning.

Hazzle
06-07-2004, 02:53 AM
I plan to grow up.

duckula
06-07-2004, 02:57 AM
My plans for the future are to try and understand myself better, to improve myself if possible and then just enjoy the view.

Louie
06-07-2004, 03:24 AM
I am determined to be a major league baseball player. I practice a lot, and will do anything to be in the majors. But, if for some reason I don't make it, I would like to be perhaps a sports agent or a commentator.

Kyle_West
06-07-2004, 03:26 AM
I am determined to be a major league baseball player. I practice a lot, and will do anything to be in the majors. But, if for some reason I don't make it, I would like to be perhaps a sports agent or a commentator.

Earlier on my counseling thread, you said that my dream of directing probably wouldn't happen. But I think both are dreams are long shots. As long as I'm with film. I'd prefer directing, but yeah we both would have alot of work to do. Maybe I can be in the NBA with my knightley technique. hah. (inside joke I'll shut up)

Glare
06-07-2004, 03:35 AM
Currently have two jobs, one as a manager of a large supermarket (over 400 staff) which i've been doing for about 8 years, but in the last 5 or so years, my hobby has grown into it's own business and is making more money than my management job, so I plan to leave that and go full time at my hobby which I'm not saying anything about.

Narg
06-07-2004, 06:45 AM
Get a half decent job, and a better car and pc, 3yr plan.. although, ill play it as the cards fall...

DragonRat
06-07-2004, 07:59 AM
I plan to graduate first from Berkeley, then most likely go to a graduate school - maybe medical school, maybe law school, maybe just regular old grad school for the purposes of a Ph.D. I also plan to get a steady-paying job - perhaps self-employed - so I can take leave and travel the world. After spending vacations in Europe and in Asia, I have this real urge to walk around foreign towns and explore. I used to feel homesick after a while, but now, I just want to leave the house.

Pygmalion
06-07-2004, 09:08 AM
I'm in my final year of highschool-1 term to go!!!!!!!!!!!!!!-and when I finish I'll go to uni and do an ancient history degree coupled with a media one and make crazy docco's cause as my careers advisor so eloquently put "there's always room to make history fun."

Vertical Vortex
06-07-2004, 09:19 AM
I plan to grow up.
face it... thats never going to happen... ;)

deviljet88
06-07-2004, 12:23 PM
Finish school, become a doctor or any other health related profession. Got the target, don't know where the path is.

actingella
06-07-2004, 08:47 PM
[QUOTE=Vertical Vortex]Hi, because the most of us are still young... i was wondering what you want to do in the future... like a job, or study.

your turn ;) Right now I'm going to an acting school and training to become an actress. I really want to become an actress, because I have a lot of fun acting. :) But first I want to go to a good college, like, Harvard, Standford, Rice, Oxford, or The University of New York. ;) And if the acting thing doesn't work out I'm thinking about becoming a writer and I'm working on my novel, so I hope to get that finished. :cool:

Renegade
06-07-2004, 09:57 PM
I plan to graduate high school well enough to able to attend a decent university. Then from there, either snatch a job in movie production or the sports industry.

Flightfreak
07-07-2004, 12:14 PM
i am now graduated at highschool, and planning to start a education for engineer, and when i graduate as engineer, i will follow a comercial pilot training and become a pilot. :D And when I am rich, I want to travel around the world with my one own plane, and work as bush pilot :)

keira loves lipgloss
07-07-2004, 03:04 PM
i want to be an actress like keira :rolleyes: