PDA

View Full Version : What's the story behind your username and avatar?

Moe
05-07-2004, 11:10 AM
Why did you pick that particular name you bear now, and what about your avatar? Is there a story behind them, or did you just pick the first thing that came to mind?

Jacoby
05-07-2004, 11:27 AM
Jacoby is 'Jacob' - my name - with a spiffy 'y' added. And my avatar is the very amazing classical guitar playing singer/songwriter Devendra Banhart.

deviljet88
05-07-2004, 01:20 PM
deviljet88... split that into 3 parts and magically you get: devil, jet and 88. devil, just some tag on people told me to have, Jet short for Jethro (my name...), and 88 is some superstitious lucky number.

Avatar is of Keira for obvious reasons. I like this one more since its one of her younger pictures, a few years ago I think.

Ardnax
05-07-2004, 01:43 PM
My name is short for Ardnaxela, my name backwords (Alexandra) and my avatar is of Keira of course. I think she looks so pretty at that picture!

Sarah
05-07-2004, 01:51 PM
Well, my name is my name, so :p . On the other forum I used to be KeiraUK. Possibly the worst username ever thought of.

My avatar changes according to what I'm 'into' at the particular time. I've had so many different avatars. At the moment it is a picture of the gorgeous Christiano Ronaldo.

edit: its Uma Thurman now... it keeps changing...
---

Edit on 17th September because someone bumped the thread! It's Natalie Portman at the moment, folks.

ryan
05-07-2004, 02:09 PM
my name is my real name.
my avatar is a picture of myself that i took a bit ago.

apoggy
05-07-2004, 02:14 PM
apoggy comes from my initials APO and my childhood nickname Oggy. My somewhat distinctive avatar is from a cartoon (obviously) in which the cat is called Oggy, I think. I've never actual watched it only heard of it but when looking for a cool avatar I came across this and it stuck.

narya
05-07-2004, 03:27 PM
Jacoby is 'Jacob' - my name - with a spiffy 'y' added. And my avatar is the very amazing classical guitar playing singer/songwriter Devendra Banhart.

I assumed it was after the pirate with the flaming beard from POTC!

Narya is a name I found in the LOTR appendices, I just think it's so pretty. And my avatar is of one of my favorite movies, Show Me Love, AKA Fucking Amal. It's Swedish...has anyone seen it?

Kyle_West
05-07-2004, 03:32 PM
Kyle West is my name, Pulp Fiction is the best movie ever.

Vertical Vortex
05-07-2004, 03:42 PM
mine is quite stupid... There was a website 'DB Vortex' and there was a movie named 'Vertical Limit'... and there you have it...

Moe
05-07-2004, 04:32 PM
I just realized I forgot to explain mine, so lemme remedy that mistake real quick:
Moe is my nickname, in RL as well as Cyberspace for a long time now. And the avatar is Moe from Calvin&Hobbes, one of the best cartoons ever made.

Ardnax
05-07-2004, 05:22 PM

Narya is a name I found in the LOTR appendices, I just think it's so pretty. And my avatar is of one of my favorite movies, Show Me Love, AKA Fucking Amal. It's Swedish...has anyone seen it?
I've seen it. I'm swedish. I think it's a good film. And in sweden the name is spelled Fucking Åmål. Åmål is a city or a village. I don't know.

Fancyman
05-07-2004, 05:40 PM
I'm a pimp.

acliff
05-07-2004, 05:47 PM
I am A Cliff.
Short of acliffalay, which has a fairly long history and story behind it, including a guy called mushood, ridiculous nicknames, and the way he used to speak. He was a cock. Propogated by a guy called Luc, who thought he was cool. Little did he know, he was a cock.

My avatar needs no introduction...

Richard
05-07-2004, 06:41 PM
My name is Richard. I was planning on changing it to Dick, but I didn't want to be known as one. My avatar is nothing special, it's from the horrible and my personal favorite franchise that is "Friday The 13th". He can kill all of you.

EDIT: It's not there anymore.

Liam
05-07-2004, 06:55 PM
No special prizes for guessing mine.

Kelsey
05-07-2004, 07:17 PM
Kelsey is my name...and I don't have an avatar, since I've been too lazy to go find the one I had on the last kkw...which was Scarlett Johansson smoking. I just thought she looked cool.

DragonRat
05-07-2004, 07:34 PM
Dragon, because I used to play L5R (Legend of the Five Rings), an RPG based on medieval Japanese, Chinese, and Korean myth, and my favorite clan of the game was... the Dragon Clan.

Rat, because I was born in the year of the Rat, 1984.

Besides, it sounded much better than RatDragon.

Jacoby
05-07-2004, 08:35 PM

lol, no. Although I've always said he reminds me of a pirate because of the shirt in the full picture. http://www.mondobizarre.com/e_devendrabanhart_14.gif

He's genius though and I love him....I wanted to make an avatar out of this (http://www.younggodrecords.com/uploads/HandinAir.jpg) picture. But, with the hand cropped off, it doesn't look right.

Nova Desty
05-07-2004, 09:03 PM
Nova Desty is the name of a crazy doctor of a manga tha I love: Alita (Gunm gaiden of Yukito Kishiro) Someone knows this great manga?
The avatar is obviously my fav actress! :D

mufiman
05-07-2004, 11:58 PM
when i tried to get an AIM account, i didnt know what to have as my screen name, so i just used muffinman, which was taken so i tried the same thing with one F. except i missed the N, so i got mufiman. so i just stuck with it. and fight club is my favorite movie.

duckula
06-07-2004, 12:16 AM
It was a favourite childhood cartoon character and I thought it sounded cool.

Pygmalion
06-07-2004, 01:47 AM
My avatar is from Kill Bill (obviously) and my name is from a Greek myth which is also a play:

Basically this guy Pygmalion hated all women in his village for being frilvolous and shallow etc, so he became a recluse, and carved himself a statue of the perfect woman-who incidentally had all the characteristics he hated in the women in the village-and asked Aphrodite to bring it to life. She came down and saw the statue which was really beautiful etc and granted his wish.
So Pygmalion lived happily with his new wife not knowing what a hypocrite he was, worshipping Aphrodite for her gift
THE END

My old name "Erinyes" was the Greek name for the three furies which you may remember from Charmed once. It was a good name since my REAL name's Erin lol. :)

Hazzle
06-07-2004, 03:02 AM
Ok...Gascoigne was Gazza. Gary (short for Gareth) is also shortened to Gazza. Barry (or even Barrington, which I believe is the full form of Barry:P) is often shortened further to Baz...and hence Harry (real name is shortened by ALL of my friends, my family...even my mum...to Harry) becomes Haz...and that was my original ID.

Then Jules once called me Hazzle...and then everyone started doing it...so it stuck...and that's it...I prefer it...and Jules (possibly the coolest girl on the forums) gave it to me, so that's always a good reason.

I used to have several cool avatars...including a car with boobehs painted on it which was classic...but that avatar reminds me of a morning I'd rather forget...since it's what my last posts before being banned had on them...so...I decided when I first came back to the old KKW to get rid of an Avvy as a form of apology or summat...cathartic in some sense.

When we moved I just couldn't be arsed finding another avatar for my return...so as yet no avvy...I'll see if I can be arsed in future :p

Edward
06-07-2004, 09:14 AM
well, my username is my name

and.....my avatar is......made using microsoft paint :p

Louie
06-07-2004, 06:14 PM
My name is Luis, but I thought that Louie sounded cooler than Luis. My avatar is from this picture:http://62.194.141.198/storehouse/uploads/Pagani%20Zonda.jpg

Moe
07-07-2004, 09:01 AM
That's a surprise. I was wondering what those things in the picture were.

Flightfreak
07-07-2004, 11:07 AM
well i am a big alround aviation freak, and the avatar is bacause this is a keira forum, and because i am a keira fan ;)

Narg
07-07-2004, 01:26 PM
avatar is Ronald Mcdonald incase ure blind

my name is a cross between Brendon and Narg

Brendon being my name... duh, and Narg being my online alias i use, got it ages ago from some game, aparently its in pinky and the brain aswell or some shit.

DefyingGravity
07-07-2004, 05:34 PM
"Defying Gravity" is the name of my favourite song from my favourite musical, ever.(Wicked)

And I have an Angelina Jolie obsession. Quite simple, really.

ralfusius
07-07-2004, 06:14 PM
ralf is my name and "usius" is from vesuvius a volcano in italy
ow and my avatar is the yamaha brand because I own a Yamaha Aerox ;)

hasselbrad
07-07-2004, 07:52 PM
...a combination of the camera system I own and my name...Brad.
It was given me by a fellow employee at a camera store I worked at.
Fascinating...I'm sure. My avatar is of the camera. **everyone gasps* :rolleyes:

Pygmalion
08-07-2004, 01:47 AM
lol, no. Although I've always said he reminds me of a pirate because of the shirt in the full picture. http://www.mondobizarre.com/e_devendrabanhart_14.gif

He's genius though and I love him....I wanted to make an avatar out of this (http://www.younggodrecords.com/uploads/HandinAir.jpg) picture. But, with the hand cropped off, it doesn't look right.

He looks like he should be in The Kings Of Leon

Hazzle
08-07-2004, 02:51 AM
That's a surprise. I was wondering what those things in the picture were.

Yeah...so was I...and the award for most original avatar goes to...Louie

Louie
08-07-2004, 04:44 AM
I am truly honored.

Hazzle
08-07-2004, 10:40 PM
You're supposed to have a long list of people to thank (from your mum to a hairdresser who did your hair when you were 5) and of course do the obligatory fake crying...get with the program :)

Louie
09-07-2004, 12:07 AM
I would like to thank Moe and the great Hazzle for presenting me with this award. I never it could happen to me, but hey anything is possible! I never could have gotten this far if it wasn't for my mom, Tony, Frank, Michelle, and the rest of the people, you know who you are! (Where's a smiley face that cries? this would have been a good time to use it.)

Ashley
09-07-2004, 01:13 AM
My name is my name. And my Avatar is the foxy Sean Watkins. He's the guitarist in my favorite band Nickel Creek. He's just beautiful.

frodo1511
07-08-2004, 05:28 AM
Frodo, because 1. I'm only 5'4, and all of my friends are 6'0 or taller, 2. because we all like LOTR, and back to 1. 3. the 1511 was made from my age of last year, 15, and 11, my favorite number(reason unknown).

No avatar yet, but if I did have one, it would be of the Master Chief, the baddest badass ever.

My siggy changes, depending on what I find funny at the moment.

Pinkfairy
07-08-2004, 06:00 AM
Remember Kylie Minogue in Moulin Rouge? she was the green fairy. Well,I like pink better. My name is Marie though.
My avater is an old pic of Francoise Hardy.

Narzys
08-08-2004, 03:21 PM
Narzys... Five years people knew me as: Stonefolk (I love folk music, and stone is part of my name).
It wasn't the best name I think 'cause, FOLK is more many persons than ONE. So I needed an new one, I just read a book - Narziss & Goldmund. I love that first name.. I only changed it a litle bit.

My sig: I didn't make any sigs last year. In 2002 I made a lot with Mrs. Natalie Portman. I still love her. Now my new / other "obsession" or how you wanna call it is "Keira". So my new sig. and avatar are based on a beautiful pic with her in a romantic sphere.

Narzys
08-08-2004, 03:29 PM

Yes I've seen it... I've seen it a year ago, I still have it on tape !!! Love Rebecca.

Hazzle
08-08-2004, 04:07 PM
Please do try not to double post unless necessary. I do think that chit-chat, since it's spam, would better have been served in the initial post about your own avatar/sig/username.

keiracaleb
08-08-2004, 04:40 PM
my name is Keir Knightley's first name and her older brother Caleb Knightley's first name put together, and my my avater is young miss knightley. my signature is my 2 favourite lines from pirates of the caribbean.

keira loves lipgloss
08-08-2004, 06:41 PM
my name is keria loves lipgloss because I saw a picture with keria wearing bright pink lipgloss (nice!) but it won't let me load a avatar :(

CFC
08-08-2004, 07:24 PM
CFC = Chelsea Football Club

My Avatar is from Boondock Saints one of my many favourite movies. My Avatar will also change frequently.

Leonie
09-08-2004, 08:54 PM
Leonie - it's my name, and I was too bored to come up with something else.

My avatar - screen shot from Muse's Sing For Absolution Video, I think the tower's supposed to look like Big Ben (in the video, this is at some other planet), and I'm in London at the moment, so...

Richard
09-08-2004, 09:12 PM
After weeks of debating whether or not I should have an avatar again, I choose my new object of affection. Milla Jovovich.

bryan
09-08-2004, 11:55 PM
Um. I'm Bryan, thus the username. My avatar is me trying to look cool with my head down while sitting on a bus. Turns out it just looks like my head is too big for my shoulders. Took it myself.

keira loves lipgloss
10-08-2004, 09:10 AM
http://www.kkwavefront.org/media/albums/photoshoots/wynne/00068693.jpeg there is the lipgloss picture if it was bigger you could see the lipgloss a bit better :)

frodo1511
10-08-2004, 02:16 PM
After weeks of debating whether or not I should have an avatar again, I choose my new object of affection. Milla Jovovich.

Ummm, Richard, isn't that the actress who's playing Jill Valentine in RE: Apocalypse? Sienna Guillory if i'm not mistaken.

Richard
10-08-2004, 05:10 PM
Ummm, Richard, isn't that the actress who's playing Jill Valentine in RE: Apocalypse? Sienna Guillory if i'm not mistaken.

Milla is set to reprise her role as Alice (if you recall from the original). But Sienna Guillory, another english beauty, will play the role of Jill Valentine.

So if I read your question right... you're right. :)

kilyncw
10-08-2004, 06:05 PM
kilyncw is kinda wierd but makes sense to me at least, my name is kirklyn and well that is too obvious as too what that is so i disguised it a little and my last two initials are c w, but yes kirklyn is still a wierd name i know.
________
Website design (http://hostndesign.com)

frodo1511
11-08-2004, 01:10 AM
Milla is set to reprise her role as Alice (if you recall from the original). But Sienna Guillory, another english beauty, will play the role of Jill Valentine.

So if I read your question right... you're right. :)

My bad, sorry to confuse you Richard. I knew Milla was going to play Alice again, I just thought that your pic was of Sienna.

EmotionSickness
17-09-2004, 02:52 PM
I know I'm getting to this a bit late, but better late than never, eh?

"Emotion Sickness" is one of my favorite songs by one of my favorite bands, Aussie rock trio silverchair.

My avatar (made by Leonie) is actress Sarah Michelle Gellar (a beauty!), Miss Vampire Slayer herself, in a 'role-reversal', so to speak.

And my sig is one of my favorite quotes from the tv show Family Guy.

hasselbrad
17-09-2004, 02:56 PM
Thanks for dredging this up.
My avatar has been changed to Coach Paul "Bear" Bryant. Greatest football coach ever. My signature is the last couple of lines to a song we tradtionally sing to teams we are beating the crap out of.
It's football season...sue me.

Jasper
17-09-2004, 04:30 PM
My initials are JAS... and when I was little I added on the 'per' because I thought it sounded cool.

My avatar is of a shark's claspers. Mags called me claspers one day, then showed me the picture of what they were. I found it humorous and made it my avatar.

My sig is by Stewie, from Family Guy.

seventhson
17-09-2004, 05:17 PM
My username, I'm sure most of you are sick of hearing me tell about how I really am the seventh son in my family with no sisters, just six big brothers & me...Enough already!
My avatar came from my being an extreme, over-the-top Led Zeppelin fan. I found a picture of guitar hero Jimmy Page sitting on a motorcycle circa 1968 picture, and made my avatar from that pic. A combination of my love for guitar rock & motorcycles.
In 1969, I turned five years old and one of my big bro.s put a copy of Led Zeppelin II into the 8-track tape player, put the headphones on me, and a rock-n-roller was born.

Peace,
(-: SeventhSon :-)

Richard
17-09-2004, 07:20 PM
Since I've kept this for awhile...

I still have the same name, but my new avatar is from John Carpenter's "Halloween". Possibly the second, if not the first best slasher film.

Edit: It's been changed by popular demand.