PDA

View Full Version : BAFTA attendence?

ice crystal
06-02-2005, 03:48 PM
Does anyone know if Keira will be attending the BAFTAs on Saturday night?
I just wondered as it appears that she is in town, so maybe she will have merited an invitation?

Dionysus
07-02-2005, 12:03 AM
these movie people have like 6000 awards a year
there seems to be one every weekend :p:

Leonie
07-02-2005, 05:31 AM
True, then again, BAFTA's aren't just any silly 'we've got a music channel and people who are bored enough to vote' awards.

Nick
07-02-2005, 05:33 AM
these movie people have like 6000 awards a year

No kidding. It's sort of just getting cheesy, I mean there are so many awards now that every actor has at least one or two. So getting an award isn't really that big of a deal anymore. Everyone knows that it's pretty much just the Golden Globes and Academy awards that really matter (well for American actors anyway, I admit it doesn't seem very many foreign actors get recognized at these). The rest of the award shows are just to give actors something to do on weekends when they don't have any movies to film.

marine
07-02-2005, 05:51 AM
No kidding. It's sort of just getting cheesy, I mean there are so many awards now that every actor has at least one or two. So getting an award isn't really that big of a deal anymore. Everyone knows that it's pretty much just the Golden Globes and Academy awards that really matter (well for American actors anyway, I admit it doesn't seem very many foreign actors get recognized at these). The rest of the award shows are just to give actors something to do on weekends when they don't have any movies to film.

I thought the BAFTA were kind of the British Oscar like for the Cesar in France ? :icon_conf If yes it isn't just one another worthless ceremony

Leonie
07-02-2005, 06:02 AM
The BAFTA's are big, yes. I think they're indeed called the British Academy Awards, and there have been 'actual' celebrities more than once :)

ice crystal
07-02-2005, 05:30 PM
Yes marine, the BAFTAs are the british equivalent to the Oscars and BIG celebs always turn up.... that is why i was wondering if Keira was going