PDA

View Full Version : KKW needs you.....

apoggy
06-02-2005, 01:39 AM
Ever wanted to know how tall Liam was?
Ever wanted to attend the legendary OMFGWTFKKWBBQ?

Well this isnt the place for you, fuck off.

A new plan was crafted with the very soul of KKW tonight tonight. Yes beer. Why meet at Frank or Cliffs smelly old houses in London, eating half cooked beef in the rain? A more glamorous option is available:

KKW Summer Holiday in the SUN

Thats right folks, for one night only, consequetively over a one or two week period you can sun bathe, drink, laugh and piss on foreign soils.

Whilst only a pipe dream both I and Liam see great potential in this idea, I now open it up to you, the kkw members, what are your thoughts and feelings?

Note: A nice Mediterranean location is required, we arent all travelling to some ranch in texas. Also alcohol consumption is mandatory.

deviljet88
06-02-2005, 02:24 AM
That's like so cool. Is drinking alcohol mandatory if you're underage?

apoggy
06-02-2005, 02:28 AM
Yes, but no parental accompanyment allowed

IBO
06-02-2005, 03:13 AM
don't you people have friends, like who the hell would do this stupid shit?
________
Paxil Settlement (http://www.classactionsettlements.org/lawsuit/paxil/)

deviljet88
06-02-2005, 04:03 AM
Me. A trip to the Mediterranean would sound cool, never been there. No parental accompanient is a big let down though :P

Narg
06-02-2005, 04:33 AM

Well, unlike you, ive met and talked to alot of people from these forums, who if i knew in real life, i would most likley be friends with. And unlike you, i wouldnt mind meeting some of them in real life. Alas, im not leaving my country, because im to poor.

deviljet88
06-02-2005, 06:55 AM
You couldn't even leave your own state? :P

Ardnax
06-02-2005, 08:15 AM
It would be cool... if I had money

Leonie
06-02-2005, 09:16 AM
I vote for Spain and lots of Malibu Coke. Whee :)

Liam
06-02-2005, 09:39 AM

Says Mr. High and Mighty, who is allergic to meeting new people. The thing that amuses me is that the people who say that sort of stuff are usually the ones with no friends. Harr.

Anyhow, there was a bit of a plan between a number of the senior members of the site for a social gathering in a few months time and this is the first thread about it to gauge community interest. If you are interested in coming, let us know. If you aren't, dont post. The logic of it is pretty simple, really.

There is not really any set idea for a venue - somewhere different would be nice, but realistically...I'm not sure. Whatever happens, it will be a fun event. Hopefully we can wrangle acliff and duckula into going cause it would be the dogs bollocks to catch up with them again.

Keep it on topic, pleasethx.

Leonie
06-02-2005, 09:42 AM

Because I quite like having a BBQ with my boyfriend and a couple of friends, thanks very much :icon_razz

Mags
06-02-2005, 10:32 AM
Summer...or...northern hemisphere summer...mid to late would be best for me if that counts for anything. :) I'll have worked a bit and made enough money to make get myself to "warm climates," though I live in Texas, but Poggs has nixed that idea.

My vote is...Italy. I had vague plans to be in Tuscany at some point.

Leonie
06-02-2005, 10:41 AM
Oooh - Tuscany is nice too. Only downside is I don't speak Italian. I do speak French, and a bit of Spanish... Ah well, I'll just have ot learn really quickly then :D

Mags
06-02-2005, 10:45 AM
If it all went to my plan you'd have about 5 months...that's enough time to learn right?

Oh, and it wouldn't have to be Tuscany. I'm desperate to see most of Italy. Rome or Venice would be fantastic too.

Foeni
06-02-2005, 11:22 AM
I'm up for both the event and the alcohol consumption.

apoggy
06-02-2005, 12:07 PM
The original idea was spain because of the cheap accomodation/flights/beer. With the majority of us being students and not working in well paid jobs, I thought it was best to keep it open to the masses rather than restrict to a select few rich bitches :p

Foeni
06-02-2005, 12:17 PM
All I ask, is to get to know it as early as possible. I need to tell my boss when I'd like holiday.

Bait
07-02-2005, 04:33 AM
i wish i could go but my parents wouldnt trust me to go to spain all by myself to meet some people on the internet...wow now that i read that it sounds kind of scary :P

actually it would be a lot of fun and i wish i could go but even if my parents said i could i dont have enough money :\

Andrew
07-02-2005, 04:25 PM
Everyone could just meet at my local pub, it is the most convenient thing for eveyone...and when I say everyone I mean me.

Ardnax
07-02-2005, 04:37 PM
Why not come to the very exotic sweden? :icon_razz we can sit on a beach and freeze our butts of, doesn't that sound fun?

Flightfreak
07-02-2005, 05:26 PM
Lovely idea, I am in.

Cheap flights --> http://www.ebookers.com/

apoggy
07-02-2005, 09:25 PM
Everyone could just meet at my local pub, it is the most convenient thing for eveyone...and when I say everyone I mean me.

There is no such thing as a local pub for everyone that comes on KKWavefront. Last year we did the BBQ, this year we planned (in principle) to do something similar. The idea of a holiday was to put it in a neutral place, where accomodation is cheap, and we can have fun together. If we were to have it as a one night thing it wouldnt be worth the money spent on travel and accomodation. These are still all preliminary ideas at the moment so we will see what unfolds with time.

Foeni
07-02-2005, 09:31 PM
I think it's a great idea. But I think it would be the smartest thing to do if it lasted more than one night. I guess it would make more people come. I don't think a lot would spend the money to go to England for one night (if talking about BBQ), and certainly not on a trip to Spain. Plus if it was in a pub, it wouldn't be that cosy, people would get too drunk too fast, and what about those who aren't allowed to enter the pub/have alcohol due to age limit? I'm not really sure about the British rules, but aren't they rather strict?
About people getting drunk. Yes it's funny (at least I think so), but whether the whole thing will be good, also has something to do with people's way of drinking. Some people simply can't control it, some people can. I think it would be a shame only to meet the people from KKW when drunk (or being drunk most of the time). People often say a lot of stupid things when the drink alcohol.

deviljet88
07-02-2005, 09:42 PM
You're drunk while typing here Foeni?

apoggy
07-02-2005, 09:42 PM
Well if it is a holiday 1 or 2 weeks is likely, so its worth the travel expenses

Bait
07-02-2005, 10:29 PM
britain has strict drinking laws? bah the us age limit is 21 :(

nothing gets worse than that and yeah 1 week would definately be worth it, 2 might be too long for hotels and food expenses...but still worth it :)

Andrew
07-02-2005, 10:33 PM
I was only joking when I said everyone should go to my local pub and if everyone saw it I don't think they would be willing to pay to go in it.

What country would make it accessible to the most amount of people so everyone could get there as that is the first thing that needs to be decided?

apoggy
07-02-2005, 10:38 PM
Well spain has the most no-frills flights going to it i think, no other destination has provided a stronger argument. And bait, hotels? its a strictly apartment blocks and eating out. Not that expensive

Andrew
07-02-2005, 10:43 PM
What number of people are looking at going?

and about when is it going to happen?

Narg
08-02-2005, 12:12 AM
Im kind of with bait, cept for the parents part. I'd be there in an instant if i had the funds, but lucky for you guys, i dont :P.

Look at this shit (cheapest i can get.). -

Departing From: Sydney,Australia(SYD) to Destination: Madrid,Spain(MAD)
Fare Type: Return Fare Class: Economy
Departure Date: Sunday, 08 May 05

Korean Air $1667 AUD

gg for someone on a $300 a week part time job, before tax and bills.

Mags
08-02-2005, 12:18 AM
I'm cool with Spain. I'm cool really with anywhere in Europe. As for when..as I said before, mid to late summer would be best for me, as at that point I'll be making about $500 a week and could have saved for a bit.

Where exactly in Spain? Madrid? Seville? Barcelona? Valencia?

God...I just want to go somewhere. And would non-KKW folks be invited? Like, if I'm traveling with a friend of mine that's not a member of this distinguished forum?

apoggy
08-02-2005, 12:20 AM
We'll allow a travelling partner. As for Spain tourism is based along the southern coasts, I doubt a city trip is cheaper than a resort holiday.

Liam
08-02-2005, 04:14 AM
I vote for the Netherlands. Its sort of central for anyone in Europe and the fares are cheap as chips (cost me 200 euro return with 3 days ticketing notice last time I went from Ireland). That way I dont have to get on a plane *again*.

Spain is good though. Never been there, but Leonie tells me its lovely. And I'll get to watch you mob swoon in the heat. hahar.

peach
08-02-2005, 08:56 AM
I'm in(I think), it depends on when and where. Though mostly when, in order to get things planned etc. I don't care that much where it would be. I always wated to travel somewhere by myself which my sister don't get why I ever would want to do that. I think it would be exciting.

Foeni
09-02-2005, 07:25 AM
If no place is found, there's always wonderful Denmark ;)

Big Dick Willy
11-02-2005, 01:03 AM
Edited out.

Liam
11-02-2005, 02:20 AM
Well played. Woe is he who insults the admins girlfriend. Banned.

In other news - has anyone seen any holiday offer-ish sort of things for Spain? Or do we want to go somewhere else?

Foeni
11-02-2005, 06:37 AM
Well, he always seemed rather stupid, this big dick willy. I haven't seen any offers, but I'll start look for them.

apoggy
17-02-2005, 09:49 PM
Right guys, some decisions need to be made otherwise this will join the long list of pipe dreams.

I will speak to liam, leonie and pete on msn at some point (if i havent message me bitches) and try and sort this mess out.

barrington
17-02-2005, 10:10 PM
I'd be very up for this caper given the following criteria are met:

1. It doesn't co-incide with my training in the summer (5 weeks thereof)
2. Doesn't make me miss any university (1st September)
3. Is cheap (less than hundred quid flight, cheapass hotel)
4. Better be fucking hot and sunny with girls.
5. Beer.

apoggy
17-02-2005, 10:18 PM
4. Better be fucking hot and sunny with girls.

you provide your own woman, local girls optional, zoom lense recommended.

Mags
17-02-2005, 10:55 PM
Come on people, you know you all want to get trashed with the KKW lot in Spain.

I'm up for it. I told my mom you lot were a bunch of exchange students from my uni least year. Ha.

Lets go

apoggy
17-02-2005, 10:58 PM
Right so:

When: Last two weeks in August (2005 :p)
Cost: As cheap as fucking possible

It must be stressed that it would be advisable not to go alone, though its up to you what you do, no liabilty can be placed upon KKW, its staff or beer.

Liam
18-02-2005, 11:32 AM
I take it nobody will be sharing in the Admin Beer Cache (TM)?

deviljet88
18-02-2005, 11:40 AM
I'm so envious, Spain and you lot sound cool :(

Ardnax
18-02-2005, 03:39 PM
I can convince dad... I hope.

apoggy
18-02-2005, 05:55 PM
im sorry but we are going to have to restrict this to 18 and over, we cant be held responsible for the well being of minors.

Ardnax
18-02-2005, 05:56 PM
damn you! :mad:

Foeni
18-02-2005, 08:30 PM
1. It doesn't co-incide with my training in the summer (5 weeks thereof)

When is that?

deviljet88
18-02-2005, 11:12 PM
im sorry but we are going to have to restrict this to 18 and over, we cant be held responsible for the well being of minors.
Oh good, then I don't have to explain how crap my parents are :D

Jacoby
18-02-2005, 11:45 PM
I'll be 18 by then! Perfect! Except I won't be going because Apoggy told me if he ever saw me in person he'd rape my buns.

Truthfully, I won't be going because 1.) you scheduled it right when college starts up for me, 2.) I won't have money to spend, and 3.) Even though I love some of you, I wouldn't feel comfortable going to Europe to meet intraweb friends. I will have a cup of jo with Steve, though. He's the man.

Charlie
01-03-2005, 02:49 AM
the beaches of Greece are quite beautiful.

Digital_Ice
06-03-2005, 02:18 AM
We could all go to Wales!!!!.................... or not...

is this a serious idea, sounds like fun, im always up for buggering off to unknown places.

Jamie
06-03-2005, 06:30 PM
No i'm fine thank you :D