PDA

View Full Version : Drugs

Pages : [1] 2

Flightfreak
31-01-2005, 02:51 PM
I just watched "Traffic," and I think it's a good movie, but it's te type of movie I would not watch a second time.
Anyway, I was wondering if any of you had any experiences with drugs, and what your opinions are about using drugs and drug-use prevention.
I personally was confronted with drugs at a pretty young age (12 years-old), but I've never tried nor felt the need to try them.

bruman
31-01-2005, 03:06 PM
i never tried drugs
i don't want to waist all my money to it and i think it's just groose + you do it to be in a group, and the fuck with that, it's your life, not of the group

JackYang
31-01-2005, 03:07 PM
Drugs are dumb. Unless, they are for the good cause.

Leonie
31-01-2005, 03:21 PM
No drugs for me. I have been offered drugs plenty of times, but I just don't see the point. Added bonus is asthma, which pretty much prevents me from smoking anything. Win. And I'm scared of needles, so there ya go :icon_razz

JackYang
31-01-2005, 03:27 PM
Drugs are ridiculous, waste of money, enough said.

(unless you're talking about medical drugs which helps you)

Ardnax
31-01-2005, 04:10 PM
I've never been offered drugs and if I was I wouldn't try them.

duckula
31-01-2005, 05:05 PM
See, this is why you are all so boring.

Leonie
31-01-2005, 05:08 PM

Fuck off :icon_razz

duckula
31-01-2005, 05:09 PM
The truth hurts you crazy belgian.

Leonie
31-01-2005, 05:19 PM
Have I offended my favourite Welshman?

Ardnax
31-01-2005, 05:20 PM
No, wait, now I remember. The only time I've tested drugs were the day I found this place. Very interesting...

duckula
31-01-2005, 05:22 PM
Have I offended my favourite Welshman?

Of course not. Me and my local colliery brass band were just having a laugh at your expense.

Leonie
31-01-2005, 05:28 PM
Of course not. Me and my local colliery brass band were just having a laugh at your expense.

How many times do I have to remind you that a water pipe, despite looking like one, isn't an instrument?

Flightfreak
31-01-2005, 05:28 PM
heh, Leonie is from the Netherlands :icon_conf
Smoking weed doesn’t only make people high, it also makes the nicotine ten times stronger, which makes people even more addicted to cigarettes.
So making thee of it could be an alternative for you Leonie. ;)

An other question:
How would you react as a parent if you discovered that one of your children experiments with drugs?

Leonie
31-01-2005, 05:30 PM
How would you react as a parent if you discovered that one of your children experiments with drugs?

Lock 'em in the cupboard under the stairs.

On a more serious note, I wouldn't be pleased. Then again, I suppose I wouldn't mind them experimenting just to see what it's like. They're just not allowed to like it :D I'd rather have them smoke weed than cigarettes.

Ardnax
31-01-2005, 05:40 PM
I would sit down and smoke some weed together with them :icon_razz. No, I would probably have a chat with them and show some pictures at drug addicts that look terrible. If they don't listen then I will put them on a clinique even if they don't want to.

JackYang
31-01-2005, 05:57 PM

And that is why you're so stupid.

EmotionSickness
31-01-2005, 06:13 PM
Gosh, you guys make me feel like such a sinner.

Leonie
31-01-2005, 06:27 PM

I wouldn't if I were you, even Jesus is doing it :icon_razz

bryan
31-01-2005, 06:28 PM
Drugs look like fun. Rather, they looked like fun until I saw Requiem For A Dream.

hasselbrad
31-01-2005, 06:42 PM
You see, I think drugs have done some good things for us. I really do. And If you don't believe drugs have done good things for us, do me a favor. Go home tonight take all your albums, all your tapes and all your CDs and burn them. 'Cause You know what the musicians that made all that great music that's enhanced your lives throughout the years? RrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrEAL fucking high on drugs... The Beatles were so fucking high they let Ringo sing a few songs.

Not all drugs are good. Some... Are great.

Your denial is beneath you, and thanks to the use of hallucinogenic drugs, I see through you.

Bill Hicks

Flightfreak
31-01-2005, 09:03 PM
Well, apparently, the mafia is also the biggest industry in Italy, and their main product is drugs.

When my mum discovered that my oldest brother was experimenting with drugs, she went to a drug prevention centre to get some brochures and information. She let us read the brochures and stuff to get me well-informed before I went to high school.

My dad was a bit less pleased when his best mate told him that my oldest brother's big, nice-smelling plant in the vegetable garden was a marijuana plant, not because of the fact that it was soft drugs, but because of the fact that his patients and the neighbours almost could see the plant, it was quite big you see . :D
My two oldest brothers smoke weed on regular base.
Anyway, my parents handled it all pretty well in my opinion.

AureaMediocritas
31-01-2005, 09:19 PM
I ´ve been using the same syringe for around 4 years now, and as I have been lending it from time to time to my friends, who are mostly quite poor,
I gained immunity against various diseases , such as Cholera and Typhus,
perhaps Aids.
I am in addition too lazy to get the needle out again once it is comfortably fixed
in my upper lag.
Using different syringes for every injection simply is for sissies... Do not try it
out if you want to be a cool drug consumer.

Bait
31-01-2005, 10:35 PM
well ive only smoked weed a couple times...it sucked because it was shit so i dont smoke with that guy anymore :P
i did have a couple great times though...but mainly its just alcohol now :X

anyways there was speed and ecstasy at a party i went to on saturday night...but i didnt do that shit... i'm never doing any of that even though it might be fun...screw it alcohol is fine :)

hasselbrad
31-01-2005, 10:55 PM
Alcohol's great...if you want to end up like this poor schmuck! (http://www.collegehumor.com/?image_id=105789)

I've been so high that I thought I was pressed against the ceiling, but pot's never caused this kind of mess. Of course, I spent 6 years in college and am still nearly a year away from my degree, so it has its tradeoffs. ;)

Zavender
31-01-2005, 10:58 PM
I hardly ever drink alcohol, there's no way I'm coming near anything else.
Just smelling weed being smoked is enough to turn me off of it, I hate that smell.

That being said, I did manage to get two caffeine hangovers this weekend while partying with friends. They opted for beer, I went with soda.

duckula
31-01-2005, 11:08 PM

Sin is fun.

Renegade
31-01-2005, 11:33 PM
I witnessed some dude on the bus pass out from inhaling or huffing something. I dunno what it was but it kept him unconscious for a couple of minutes. Then he woke up with bloodshot eyes and a slurred speech.

I've never done drugs but it'd fun to try them.

hasselbrad
31-01-2005, 11:37 PM
I witnessed some dude on the bus pass out from inhaling or huffing something. I dunno what it was but it kept him unconscious for a couple of minutes. Then he woke up with bloodshot eyes and a slurred speech.

I've never done drugs but it'd fun to try them.

Um...yeah, stay away from the paint fumes. Nitrous is a fun little diversion, but huffing kills too many brain cells for my taste.

ryan
31-01-2005, 11:43 PM
only the drugs i got for the 4 weeks after my chest surgery....woo, that was fun.

percocet is the shit.

Bait
01-02-2005, 02:05 AM
Alcohol's great...if you want to end up like this poor schmuck! (http://www.collegehumor.com/?image_id=105789)

I've been so high that I thought I was pressed against the ceiling, but pot's never caused this kind of mess. Of course, I spent 6 years in college and am still nearly a year away from my degree, so it has its tradeoffs. ;)

well i did try shrooms before...anyways i never drink to the point where i pass out...for the whole night atleast :X

and i've never thrown up after drinking so i think im doing pretty good for now :)

Ashley
01-02-2005, 05:36 AM

If that was a female in that picture instead of the guy it'd be my room mate after a good night of partying... well a few times. Just absolutely foul.

And I agree with you Ducky, sin is fun.

Narg
01-02-2005, 06:14 AM
Winners dont do drugs.

....They get pissed instead.

deviljet88
01-02-2005, 06:44 AM
Never done them. Looks like no fun.

SimplyKnightley
01-02-2005, 08:23 AM
how anyone's idea of fun means having their brain cells destroyed and never replaced again is unfathomable to me.

Flightfreak
01-02-2005, 10:14 AM
how anyone's idea of fun means having their brain cells destroyed and never replaced again is unfathomable to me.
Same for alcohol btw, you destroy millions of brain cells every time you are drunk, alcohol is the only socially accepted DRUGS.

deviljet88
01-02-2005, 10:27 AM
Tobacco's pretty accepted. You could say the same for paracetamol and aspirin. Don't some people take lots of legal drugs then get an overdose (or its suicide)? Its all about the quantity, and if people don't abide by the limits, well HAHA OMFG YOU SUCK (FF used caps at the end and he's cool because he doesn't take drugs).

Scott
01-02-2005, 10:32 AM
How can some of you guys be so against drugs, let alone not be curious to try them? It's all apart of growing up.

Only drug I do is pot, and I do it several times a week. I've experimented with other things, but I've never really felt the need to try it again.

deviljet88
01-02-2005, 10:34 AM
Well you see, I just leech other people's experiences then using my conscience, which at the age of 14 turning 15, is actually quite innocent (...) to piece together, OMFG DRUGS SUCK.

Scott
01-02-2005, 10:36 AM
Have you tried smoking? Alcohol? Fizzy drink?

deviljet88
01-02-2005, 10:39 AM
I've inhaled carbonated bubbles. OMFG THATS SO COOL.

Flightfreak
01-02-2005, 10:41 AM
How can some of you guys be so against drugs, let alone not be curious to try them? It's all apart of growing up.

Only drug I do is pot, and I do it several times a week. I've experimented with other things, but I've never really felt the need to try it again.
Respect for you own body?
If you have seen your older brother experimenting with speed, if you have seen friends of him who used hard drugs, than I can assure you that you don’t feel the need to try drugs, why would I feel the need to poison my own body?
People who can’t keep them selves from trying drugs, because everyone else does are pathetic.

Narg
01-02-2005, 10:43 AM
Same for alcohol btw, you destroy millions of brain cells every time you are drunk, alcohol is the only socially accepted DRUGS.

Yeah, but getting pissed is real fun. :icon_mod:

deviljet88
01-02-2005, 10:44 AM
Yeah, but getting pissed is real fun. :icon_mod:
Apparently being on a high is "real fun" :P

Leonie
01-02-2005, 11:45 AM

If it's offered to you by blokes who are normally quite sensible, but currently have the mental capacity of a 2-year-old, including the giggling, crawling about and lying down to fall asleep wherever, I've seen enough. Been there, done that. About 16 years ago. I like to think I grew out of that.

SimplyKnightley
02-02-2005, 01:06 AM

not all of us want to be the cat that curiosity killed. and drugs is not part of growing up. it doesn't have to be. all it does is screw you up physically and mentally and make u reliant on it.

Ashley
02-02-2005, 01:50 AM
Respect for you own body?
If you have seen your older brother experimenting with speed, if you have seen friends of him who used hard drugs, than I can assure you that you don’t feel the need to try drugs, why would I feel the need to poison my own body?
People who can’t keep them selves from trying drugs, because everyone else does are pathetic.

Wow a bit harsh with that. Especially since we seemed to have been talking about pot. I've never heard of anyone dying from pot directly. That's the only drug I've ever tried and I'm content keeping it that way. I'm not for those drugs that you have to shoot up or snort. Pot's harmless enough. It's halfway natural.... sometimes.

I'm not reliant on pot either. I smoke rarely... maybe a couple times a month. If that. Physically it does nothing. Mentally, it mellows. You have those people who have it laced with something and may turn weird, but all the people I've done it with just get mellow... and really hilarious.

I'm not saying it's for everyone, and I'm not saying try it. Do it if you want to, but don't bag on something you know nothing about other than from reading pamphlets. Those are like Michael Moore's documentaries, highly biased, although they may be biased for a good reason.

Dionysus
02-02-2005, 02:02 AM
wow u guys are all serious pussys :D
i dont see a problem with people experimenting with soft drugs if they want to
pot is really not that harmful, not as harmful as cigarettes or alcohol anyway
i dont do any drugs but i have in the past, just pot
it didnt stuff me up at all so i dont see the big problem with it

Jacoby
02-02-2005, 02:02 AM
Drugs? I got 'em. You want 'em? 5 bucks.

I smoked pot once when I was 13. I was with my cousins and I knew they were going to do it, so I decided I'd accept the offer if they asked me. I didn't get high, but my cousin did. He was so ridiculous. He kept talking about Africa and I kept laughing at him. And I went through two bags of marshmellows in about four seconds. I sort of feel bad about it because I didn't get high and I ruined my "clean slate". I told my parents about it a week later because I felt too freaking guilty. Damn this consciene.

That's the only drug I've tried and I won't do it again. I hate when people talk about doing it. My best friend was ashamed to tell me he started smoking in college, but I don't care. It's his life.

SimplyKnightley
02-02-2005, 02:08 AM
wow u guys are all serious pussys :D
i dont see a problem with people experimenting with soft drugs if they want to

and then the hard cores are gonna call pple who do soft drugs serious pussies. there's really no point to this kinda 'competition'.

Dionysus
02-02-2005, 03:12 AM
its not a competition
in all seriousness soft drugs are not THAT bad
everyone knows that heroin etc are hardcore drugs and if your dumb enough do that then you deserve to get fucked up

seventhson
02-02-2005, 03:59 AM
mmmmmmm, drugs...
Been there, done most of them at least once, heroine being one of the few exceptions 'cause I'm scared of needles and was too drunk to locate the house where some of the local dope-heads said I could buy some if I wanted, so I didn't want any that night 10 years ago.
Let's face it, most people use drugs in an attempt to replace something in their life that they feel is missing/wrong or screwed up. The only drugs I do now are caffeine, sugar & one another medicine prescribed by my doctor.
I have alot of fun & party my ass off all night long...Since I'm usually the only sober one, my friends elect me to be the designated driver at about 3:30am. More than once, a drunk girl, my wife, gave me a kiss for making sure she made it home safely. I'm high right now & I can pass any drug screen in the morning. None of the screens test for what I'm on.

Peace,
(-: SeventhSon :-)

Leonie
02-02-2005, 05:17 AM
its not a competition
in all seriousness soft drugs are not THAT bad

No, schizophrenia can be quite fun I hear. Do your other personalities agree? :icon_razz

Scott
02-02-2005, 06:06 AM
not all of us want to be the cat that curiosity killed. and drugs is not part of growing up. it doesn't have to be. all it does is screw you up physically and mentally and make u reliant on it.

Taking drugs doesn't screw you up, being a drug addict does.

SimplyKnightley
02-02-2005, 06:20 AM
Taking drugs doesn't screw you up, being a drug addict does.

being an addict of anything is basically bad. but how many people can actually have the discipline or will power to know when to stop? once temptations kick in rationale goes out the door.

Flightfreak
02-02-2005, 09:08 AM

Narg
02-02-2005, 02:22 PM
Apparently being on a high is "real fun" :P

Most likely. Im not against pot, or soft drugs, couldnt care less if people smoked them, i would prolly try it, but im not that keen, prefer to just get pissed, or even stay sober, i have fun sober..

Bait
03-02-2005, 01:16 AM
Most likely. Im not against pot, or soft drugs, couldnt care less if people smoked them, i would prolly try it, but im not that keen, prefer to just get pissed, or even stay sober, i have fun sober..

in other words he is too cheap to pay for it so he is waiting for someone to give it to him for free ;)

although i've never paid a cent for the weed i smoked (i quit though...i was looking for a job at the time but i got lazy...now im in track so no smoking although i kind of want to :) )

Ashley
03-02-2005, 04:08 AM

I think you said that already. And not everyone tries drugs just because others are doing it. Sometimes you just get bored, it's available, and curiosity. Where would we be in Ben Franklin wasn't curious about what happens when you take a kite and a key out in lightening? In the dark... seems like some people still are.

deviljet88
03-02-2005, 04:25 AM
Curiosity in what someone's already done before? Meh I don't care, go take drugs all you like, just I won't.

Liam
03-02-2005, 04:33 AM
I'd like to remain in the dark, thank you very much.

I frankly dont see the point. If I wanted to waste money, I'd go to the ATM, take a $50 note, fold it into a boat, and let it sail in the toilet. I'd at least get a laugh out of that.

If I want to do something stupid, I'll go and get pissed. But I'm over that now too. I like to call it 'maturity'. I dont need to get pissed or high to have a good time with friends, so why would I bother with it?

acliff
03-02-2005, 06:21 AM
I'd like to remain in the dark, thank you very much.

I frankly dont see the point. If I wanted to waste money, I'd go to the ATM, take a $50 note, fold it into a boat, and let it sail in the toilet. I'd at least get a laugh out of that.

If I want to do something stupid, I'll go and get pissed. But I'm over that now too. I like to call it 'maturity'. I dont need to get pissed or high to have a good time with friends, so why would I bother with it?

Because it makes you sociable? Unless you want to mature into a hermit, then social drinking is good for mental stability.

Liam
03-02-2005, 06:26 AM
I drink socially. What don't do is leave home on a Friday night with the sole intention of 'whoo, I'm going to get really sloshed'. I've done it before, I've experienced what it does to me, and I dont do it anymore.

Besides, I started to drank socially with you. I can't remember why we left, either.

Flightfreak
03-02-2005, 08:01 AM
I think you said that already. And not everyone tries drugs just because others are doing it. Sometimes you just get bored, it's available, and curiosity. Where would we be in Ben Franklin wasn't curious about what happens when you take a kite and a key out in lightening? In the dark... seems like some people still are.
Still pathetic.
I don’t think you do science a favour by smoking pot, or taking any other drugs, you are using pathetic excuses for a pathetic habit.

Its al about choices as you want to give your body a nicotine shot 10 times heavier than a normal cigarette, go ahead but not when I am around, it stinks.
Why should I want to pay to poison my self anyway?

Maybe countries should make Pot legal so it becomes very cheap,the market will move from the mafia and heavy drug dealers too just people who have a plant at home.
It will make the step too hard drugs bigger, because you don’t have contact with the mafia anymore.
Just a though, what do you think?

Leonie
03-02-2005, 08:07 AM
Maybe countries should make Pot legal so it becomes very cheap,the market will move from the mafia and heavy drug dealers too just people who have a plant at home.
It will make the step too hard drugs bigger, because you don’t have contact with the mafia anymore.
Just a though, what do you think?

I think you ought to move just a little bit north. Welcome to my country.

barrington
03-02-2005, 08:10 AM
Flightfreak, I can tell you with authority that just because you put pot in a joint DOES NOT make the nicotine any stronger. I dont know what science they teach you in school, but it's obviously been replaced by schoolyard rumour and urban myth. The nicotine in a joint is CONSIDERABLY LESS than that of a cigarette.

Flightfreak
03-02-2005, 08:12 AM
heh, Pot is legal in Belgium too my dear,
Under a few circumstances though, you need to be 18, don’t use it in public places, nor in the neighbourhood of children under 18 years old and you can not have more than 3 gram with ya.

Leonie
03-02-2005, 08:13 AM
I think he meant it makes the effect of caffeine ten times stronger. Whether it's true I don't know.

Edit: I think you have to be 16 here. And it's 5g if I'm not mistaken. And basically, you can smoke it wherever you like.

Flightfreak
03-02-2005, 08:14 AM
Flightfreak, I can tell you with authority that just because you put pot in a joint DOES NOT make the nicotine any stronger. I dont know what science they teach you in school, but it's obviously been replaced by schoolyard rumour and urban myth. The nicotine in a joint is CONSIDERABLY LESS than that of a cigarette.

Could be, but it wasn’t my science teacher, it was the drug prevention centre who told me this and they are quite good informed.
I will check it up.

Edit: Nope, i mend nicotine

Leonie
03-02-2005, 08:23 AM
Edit: Nope, i mend nicotine

Heh. Me too. It's still early :icon_razz

Flightfreak
03-02-2005, 08:32 AM
Belgium and the Netherlands are one of the biggest XtC producers of the world though :err:
How old were the most of you when they got confronted with drugs? (soft - hard drugs)

EDIT: XTC is harddrugs

Scott
03-02-2005, 08:48 AM
I've been around drugs since I was 7, because of my older brothers smoking pot when my dad was out. I didn't start experimenting since I was 13.

marine
03-02-2005, 08:48 AM
I don't even knwo what XtC is, or at least I don't under this name.
Hum, when certainly not when I was 12, I'm not even sure I knew what drugs were at 12, but probably btw 13 and 14, some people in my junior high school used to smoke, and "real drugs" the one that aren't legal I learned about them on TV.
Now, since high school people I know do takes soft drugs, never in front of me, coz I'm not "the kind of girl" who would do that, that's what they think since the day I refused to try, and that's really good like that.

Pete
03-02-2005, 09:00 AM
tried many things, once or twice .... glad i did it, gave me a better perspective on why people take them, hate to say it but you really cant comment about something unless you have tried it yourself.

intimate relationships with badgers arent advisable... damn sharp claws....

Flightfreak
03-02-2005, 09:11 AM
Not everybody needs to try them to come to the conclusion that they actually don’t want to use them.
I never tried anything, never felt the need to try it.
I just don’t feel like poisoning my self to feel good for a few moments, because that’s what it is poisoning your own body to feel good.
That’s just sick, its weak and its pathetic.
My parents were always very open about drugs, probably the reason why I am not interested in trying them.

deviljet88
03-02-2005, 09:18 AM
I don't even knwo what XtC is, or at least I don't under this name.
Hum, when certainly not when I was 12, I'm not even sure I knew what drugs were at 12, but probably btw 13 and 14, some people in my junior high school used to smoke, and "real drugs" the one that aren't legal I learned about them on TV.
Now, since high school people I know do takes soft drugs, never in front of me, coz I'm not "the kind of girl" who would do that, that's what they think since the day I refused to try, and that's really good like that.
I'm pretty sure XtC is ecstasy, but the xtc way looks "cool" because if you read the letters out loud it sounds like ecstacy and like everything's pretty cool when you've taken ecstacy and you just wander around being on a high and seeing squirrells in leaveless trees and nuts are falling everywhere because the squirrels are jumping on the branches singing the Macarena.

marine
03-02-2005, 09:27 AM
tried many things, once or twice .... glad i did it, gave me a better perspective on why people take them, hate to say it but you really cant comment about something unless you have tried it yourself.

intimate relationships with badgers arent advisable... damn sharp claws....

In fact I have nothing against drugs, simply I have never been attracted to them, never wanted to try, soft or hard (untrue I smoked once, to see what the deal was about, lost all my interest in it, b4 lighting the cigarette).
I have nothing against people taking drugs either, do it as long as you want, as long as it's not harmful to ME and others, like don't drive a care or anything like that.

In fact the only think I'm curious about, is getting drunk once, just for the experience, sit with some mates, drink, get hung over (spelling ?) the morning after. It's seems to be a common thought that you have to get drunk when you're in college, so i'll probably decide myself to drink once, b4 the end of my studies. It's the only trend I'm willing to follow.

Pete
03-02-2005, 09:28 AM
im pretty sure thats lsd...

ecstasy is more syrupy and spaced out....

Flightfreak
03-02-2005, 09:33 AM
you should try it in combination with a Joint marine :p
apparently:

Using other drugs along with cannabis such as alcohol or tobacco, can also influence how a person responds. Marijuana yields about four times more tar than tobacco and also burns hotter, causing more lung and throat damage. Although you didn't ask, an important thing to know is that drinking alcohol and using pot at the same time can be dangerous because the marijuana inhibits vomiting. Since vomiting is one way the body rids itself of too much alcohol, losing this ability can increase the risk of alcohol poisoning.

Baz it looks like it was indeed an urban myth, but it doesn’t change the fact that its unhealthy.

marine
03-02-2005, 09:39 AM
I'm pretty sure XrC is ecstasy, but the xtc way looks "cool" because if you read the letters out loud it sounds like ecstacy and like everything's pretty cool when you've taken ecstacy and you just wander around being on a high and seeing squirrells in leaveless trees and nuts are falling everywhere because the squirrels are jumping on the branches singing the Macarena.

well if that's true ectasy is something I'll never try, some people already think I'm crazy coz I laugh all alone (without oblivious reasons) and stuff I think, me under ectasy would be terrifying!

now, FF that's an idea I'll think about it, though I don't have any idea where to get joints (and no, I'm not kiddin'). In another hand, maybe not, what's the different if you do it with or without ?
coz though I really wanna try (don't ask me why) getting drunk once, the process doesn't seem enjoyable to me (and now you all know the reasons some of my peers look at me this way :icon_err:, I think the "teenage gene" got lost somewhere during my conception.

deviljet88
03-02-2005, 09:50 AM
well if that's true ectasy is something I'll never try, some people already think I'm crazy coz I laugh all alone and stuff I think, me under ectasy would be terrifying!

now, FF that's an idea I'll think about it, though I don't have any idea where to get joints (and no, I'm not kiddin'). In another hand, maybe not, what's the different if you do it with or without ?
coz though I really wanna try (don't ask me why) getting drunk once, the process doesn't seem enjoyable to me (and now you all know the reasons some of my peers look at me this way :icon_err:, I think the "teenage gene" got lost somewhere during my conception.
You're not alone. Though some kkw members have told me when I get older I won't be that silly :P

marine
03-02-2005, 09:54 AM
You're not alone. Though some kkw members have told me when I get older I won't be that silly :P

lol, thanks, but I'm already 18, 19 in august, so I guess it's lost for me!

MrPink
03-02-2005, 04:21 PM
i dunno, i enjoy getting drunk, when i'm with my friends an we get wasted anything in the world seems funny and we have so much fun so i suppose ecstasy would be the same, but i haven't tried it yet.

barrington
03-02-2005, 05:17 PM
So you're high on life and don't need ecstasy? Neither do I and good for you.
But some really happy people living in the desert probably thought that sand dune was pretty fucking high before they visisted Nepal for the weekend....

Not advocating. Just telling.

Narg
04-02-2005, 12:25 AM
Pete, you keep saying you dont want to use it because its poisoning your body. Thats true, but ill tell you, a little bit here and there, and your body can cope with it fine. The human body is a pretty amazing thing, im sure it can handle a bit of pot.. Christ, it gets more poluted when you walk down the street and breath in the wonderfull gasses and fumes of cars and factorys. Just because somthing poisons your body, it dosnt meen its going to kill you, or get you addicted forever.. Surley trying soft drugs wouldnt be that bad.. As i said, yes ure poisoning your body, but, it CAN handle it.. if its used in moderation.. :S.

Pygmalion
04-02-2005, 12:29 AM
I've visited Postman Pot (thanks for that phrase Ashlyn haha) a few times, but then I got really paranoid because my family has a history of Schizophrenia, and Cannabis increases your chances of becoming Schizophrenic-if you already have a family history of it-by 300%.
So now I'm very cautious around drugs of any kind.
Except alcohol. I like to run the drinking bear as much as anyone.

frodo1511
04-02-2005, 12:36 AM
Lets put it this way: I"ve spent/family has spent over 2 grand on my mouth during 3 years. Anything other than food is not going in it.

Oh, and they do drug testing at school, checkpoints on base, so I'm basically screwed if I even breath in second-hand smoke.

SimplyKnightley
04-02-2005, 12:40 AM
well done school

Bait
04-02-2005, 12:46 AM
that is the dumbest idea ever...what happens if you dont pass the drug test? i dont see why the school needs to know what you are doing when its away from the school, if it is for the parents then they can do the drug tests themselves...thats bullshit...do you go to a private school?

frodo1511
04-02-2005, 12:49 AM
that is the dumbest idea ever...what happens if you dont pass the drug test? i dont see why the school needs to know what you are doing when its away from the school, if it is for the parents then they can do the drug tests themselves...thats bullshit...do you go to a private school?

No, it's just been recently added. I think that you are just suspended from school if you fail, nothing serious. It's mostly for sports, you know. And, no, I don't go to a private school. I dunno if you already knew this, but Missouri is the meth capital of the US(at least, that's what the papers say...), so it's really no suprise.

Flightfreak
04-02-2005, 05:55 AM
Pete, you keep saying you dont want to use it because its poisoning your body. Thats true, but ill tell you, a little bit here and there, and your body can cope with it fine. The human body is a pretty amazing thing, im sure it can handle a bit of pot.. Christ, it gets more poluted when you walk down the street and breath in the wonderfull gasses and fumes of cars and factorys. Just because somthing poisons your body, it dosnt meen its going to kill you, or get you addicted forever.. Surley trying soft drugs wouldnt be that bad.. As i said, yes ure poisoning your body, but, it CAN handle it.. if its used in moderation.. :S.

True, totally agree Narg
But hat’s just the whole thingy; I already breathe enough polluted air, why should I pay for more?
To feel good? don’t make me laugh
The whole idea to poison your own body to feel good is pathetic.

barrington
04-02-2005, 10:13 AM
The whole idea to poison your own body to feel good is pathetic.
So you don't drink then?

Flightfreak
04-02-2005, 11:08 AM
Yes I drink once or twice a month alcohol or so, I am the driver most of the times when I go out so I can’t drink.
And I don’t drink much if I drink.
yes its fun to be slightly drunk, but I don’t need it to have a good evening.
I don’t smoke because I don’t want to pay to kill my teeth’s, longs, troth, ... is that so abnormal?
The idea to pay to poison your self is just ridicules imo, no?
Make me thee of marihuana, and I will drink from it with pleasure, but it will be like alcohol, not when I need to drive, and not every 5 sec.

Everything needs to be in balance, like Narg said your body can handle a bit of it.
You have only one body, and I don’t want to lay in a hospital over 20 years with cancer. I already get enough crap in my body I certainly won’t pay for more.

Every one has the right to do whatever he wants, as long as you are aware of the consequences.

deviljet88
04-02-2005, 11:53 AM
The broken down version of FF's theory: If you don't pay for the drugs, it's alright :D

Flightfreak
04-02-2005, 12:04 PM
Idiot,

All I say is that the idea of paying money to poison your self is ridicules.
Of course one joint in a month wont hurt much,...
people who feel the need to do it now and than,...,well that’s their choice,..., my mates smoke joints, my brothers,..., and they know my opinion about it and they even agree with me, but they made the choice to still smoke weed once in a while,...,I don’t feel like I miss something.

Edit: The idea of poisoning yourself is ridicules, so paying for it is even more ridicules

deviljet88
04-02-2005, 12:07 PM
Idiot,

All I say is that the idea of paying money to poison your self is ridicules.
Of course one joint in a month wont hurt much,...
people who feel the need to do it now and than, well that’s their choice

Someone's getting free beers but is whinging about people spending money on pot because they can't get it for free... :P

apoggy
04-02-2005, 12:23 PM
•°¯°•.¸.•°¯°•.->flightfreak <-.¸.•°¯°•.¸.•°¯°•. says:
i better stop posting in the drugs thread,
Andy says:
or go and get stoned, then report back your views
.•°¯°•.¸.•°¯°•.->flightfreak <-.¸.•°¯°•.¸.•°¯°•. says:
lol

Flightfreak
04-02-2005, 12:33 PM
It looks like I overreacted a bit about the whole thingy.
Anyway, I am not interested in drugs; don’t feel the need to try them. End of story :)

Narg
04-02-2005, 12:38 PM
bg says:
yeah i was just making the point that its not lethal, or even ridiculously stupid to try drugs, or even take them on the occasional one month basis (soft drugs, like marijuana), as for alcohol.. well, i might get really drunk maybey once every 2 weeks, and thats only when i go to a party with friends. I understand your theory on the fact that its pointless on taking drugs, because you are saying..

bg says:
all it does is poision your body, and technically, yes it does, but people dont take drugs to poison themselves, they take them to get high, and have fun, Ive never done drugs before, and i dont intend too, but im sure that a helucinatory drug that makes you see things that arnet there, would be damn funny.

.•°¯°•.¸.•°¯°•.->flightfreak <-.¸.•°¯°•.¸.•°¯°•.|tis gedaan!!!| c'est Fini !!!| The end!!!| says:

bg says:
I think its sad some people live on drugs, because they have bad lives, and are social wrecks and cannot handle the real world, but those who take drugs everynow and then for a laugh, is, well, understandable..

.•°¯°•.¸.•°¯°•.->flightfreak <-.¸.•°¯°•.¸.•°¯°•.|tis gedaan!!!| c'est Fini !!!| The end!!!| says:
true, totaly agree

.•°¯°•.¸.•°¯°•.->flightfreak <-.¸.•°¯°•.¸.•°¯°•.|tis gedaan!!!| c'est Fini !!!|
The end!!!| says:
i just dont feel the need, and think that the whole idea of taking drugs to feel good is ridicules

bg says:
Personally, i cant justify spending that much money, the sick feeling afterwards, breaking the law, just to have some 'fun', when i can just get a little drunk and have fun with mates instead

yeah

bg says:
ofcourse you do, thats most likley because you have never done it

bg says:
they say laughter is the best medicine, marijuana basically just makes you laugh at everything.. and whats not good about that on the odd occasion ?

bg says:
smoking pot to get high once a month, wouldnt do anything to your body

true,

thats my views on it..

barrington
04-02-2005, 12:47 PM
Flightfreak is so clearly on drugs anyway - look at his MSN Display Name.
The day that I got MSN Plus and could f'ing RENAME my contacts permanently WITH THEIR NAME was a small slice of heaven.