PDA

View Full Version : Final Exams

Renegade
30-01-2005, 03:51 PM
My finals are next week and I haven't opened one book, notebook, or binder to study. I have 4 borderline Bs (80-81%), which is something I should be happy for, except for that 61% in pre calculus.

So yes, finals. Procrastination is the work of the devil. Have you done your studying? The public wants to know.

marine
30-01-2005, 04:17 PM
Right now I'm in a post-exams vacation, had my finals right after the christmas vac, didn't do a lot during the first week, work my ass off during the second week, don't have the results yet, but i'm not expecting much.
The fact is that I didn't see the exams period comin' so I was unprepared, but I had opened my books a little, which is not enough in law school, unless your Einstein, who I'm not.

Conclusion: exams suck, "merde" or good luck

ps: what are bordelines Bs ?

Renegade
30-01-2005, 04:47 PM
ps: what are bordelines Bs ?

Oh, they are grades that hover a bit over 80%.

I have them in English, Chemistry, Spanish II, and Geography.

Richard
30-01-2005, 05:00 PM
I took my finals last week, I think I did pretty well except for my Engineering class, because I didn't have enough time to complete my Bi-Literal circuits. That was probably the only final I failed, but it doesn't matter, I had an A going into it so the worst thing that can happen would be for it to drop down to a B.

However, I was kinda bummed out when my Government teacher said we can use notecards for the final but come the day of, she changed her mind. That test was pretty easy though.

Last week was a great week, I got out early.

frodo1511
30-01-2005, 06:50 PM
I have my ACT in two weeks-been studying a little here and their. My dad bought me this 1000 page ACT book, with like 5 full-length practice tests in it, but I'm not going to do them. All of my grades are A's, except for a B in AP Chemistry-my labs don't come out the way the book wants them to:P

Oh, I need to go memorize a 40-line poem by tuesday.

Mags
30-01-2005, 08:25 PM
First of all, why are you guys having finals in February. That's crazy. You're supposed to have them right before Christmas break so you have a fantastic, long holiday to recuperate. You guys are gonna have to go right back to school?
That sucks.

Frodo, I didn't take the ACT, but I'd advise you use the book. First of all, those are hella expensive and you should owe it to your dad. My brother in law got me one for the SAT and my score went up 140 points from the first time I took it. The books REALLY help.

I had finals the second week of December, and since my uni messed up the finals schedule, I got to go home a week earlier than I should have. It was excellent. I did pretty well on them, about as well as I'd been doing in all my classes. None of them were comprehensive, which was fantastic.

JackYang
30-01-2005, 08:31 PM
I studied, but if you havn't, now is not the time to panic. Relax and have some fun.

duckula
30-01-2005, 08:40 PM
Exams hah, you haven't had five engineering exams in a week. Only then are you in any way qualified to talk about the rigours of examination. I piss on exams.

acliff
30-01-2005, 08:54 PM
Exam stress is for the weak.

duckula
30-01-2005, 09:09 PM
The weak, cowardly and pathetic. I piss on them.

EmotionSickness
30-01-2005, 10:08 PM
Hm. You sure do like to piss on people/things.

Yay for putting off school.

duckula
30-01-2005, 11:12 PM
Hm. You sure do like to piss on people/things.

Is that an invitation?

Bait
30-01-2005, 11:38 PM
well i thought i did pretty good on my exams...ended up failing 3 of them
history spanish and biology. it sucked but im over it now, except my fucking D+ (68.9%) in spanish bitch teacher wont bump it up to a C- :(

frodo1511
31-01-2005, 12:31 AM
Frodo, I didn't take the ACT, but I'd advise you use the book. First of all, those are hella expensive and you should owe it to your dad. My brother in law got me one for the SAT and my score went up 140 points from the first time I took it. The books REALLY help.

I actually have been using the book, just not the practice test. Nothing in my house will simulate the environment of the actual test, so why bother? I'm going to have to teach myself Trigonometry and Physics, so I have enough to worry about. It has helped greatly already.

deviljet88
31-01-2005, 04:40 AM
School started today. Goodie. Exams in December, should be pretty cinch since I dropped Latin which I got a C in last year :D

Scott
31-01-2005, 07:46 AM
I did all my exams in October. Didn't study, because I didn't need to. My subjects are all pretty easy, because I don't do any science or math subjects and I got B+ for all my subjects.

frodo1511
13-02-2005, 02:02 AM
UPDATE: Just finished taking the ACT for my first time this morning. It really wasn't that bad, I knew everything that was on their sans Trigonometry. I'm hoping for a high score.

Richard
13-02-2005, 03:57 PM
UPDATE: Just finished taking the ACT for my first time this morning. It really wasn't that bad, I knew everything that was on their sans Trigonometry. I'm hoping for a high score.

You know Trigonometry? This is embarrassing, you might actually be smarter than I am.

Mags
13-02-2005, 08:38 PM
"sans" means without. He knew everything on "their" except Trig.

Richard
13-02-2005, 09:21 PM
"sans" means without. He knew everything on "their" except Trig.

Noted. I hadn't a clue what sans was until now. :icon_redf

frodo1511
13-02-2005, 09:44 PM
Noted. I hadn't a clue what sans was until now. :icon_redf

It's ok, Jesus forgives.

Liam
14-02-2005, 05:22 AM
Yeah, its hard not to guess the meaning when someone comes home from school with a new word and uses it about 60 times on the forum.