PDA

View Full Version : Abercrombie and Fascism

Nick
24-01-2005, 05:58 AM
It is my opinion that every Abercrombie and Fitch store should be ripped down. I suppose you've all heard about the whole thing where Abercrombie apparently only hires people of a certain race to work in their stores. This is the reason I refuse to purchase anything from this store. I refuse to enter a place run by fascists. While they're at it why don't they just hang a big Iron cross and Swastika from the ceiling and make their employees salute as they walk in.

Bait
24-01-2005, 05:59 AM
they are actually training that right now...my friend works there

Liam
24-01-2005, 06:01 AM
Fascism isnt all bad. The uniforms are top notch.

Nick
24-01-2005, 06:07 AM
Fascism isnt all bad. The uniforms are top notch.

Yeah that's true. When Bush reintroduces Nazism Abercrombie and Fitch will be right there to provide the uniforms. See I knew it was a conspiracy. Abercrombie and Fitch is in cahoots with George W.

qzx00
24-01-2005, 07:01 AM
Shut the hell up! What the hell is wrong with you Nick?? Are things really that bad in Oregon?? Is the rain washing away the remains of your sad life away and this is all you have to cling on to? There is really something wrong with you. Anytime I have gone to A & F it is stocked with hot employees in a variety of races. If you have a problem with it, don't shop there but NO ONE HERE CARES!!! PLEASE SHUT UP!!!

Nick
24-01-2005, 07:13 AM
Shut the hell up! What the hell is wrong with you Nick?? Are things really that bad in Oregon?? Is the rain washing away the remains of your sad life away and this is all you have to cling on to? There is really something wrong with you. Anytime I have gone to A & F it is stocked with hot employees in a variety of races. If you have a problem with it, don't shop there but NO ONE HERE CARES!!! PLEASE SHUT UP!!!

Wow! Such anger and resentment. This must be from living in Nevada. It's okay just tell us all how you feel, we're here for you. I know your mother has an offbeat occupation, working at a brothel is difficult, but it doesn't mean she doesn't love you. She just loves lots of men as well.

Mags
24-01-2005, 07:26 AM
That has to be one of the least intelligent things I've ever read Nick. Honestly, you go from someone disagreeing with your opinion to insulting her mother, about whom you probably know nothing? Slick.

As for Abercrombie and Fitch, qzx00 has a point. It's up to you whether you want to shop there or not. Whether they practice business fairly is something separate. If you don't support their business practices, no one is forcing you to shop there, and if you're someone who's never going to shop there, then what to you care about the ways they go about hiring their staff. I'm not suggesting that racism and discrimination are acceptable, but I've actually never noticed that kind of lack of diversity in any A&F I've entered, though I'll admit I haven't been in many. I don't shop there because I don't particularly like the clothes or the advertising. That's my choice, and every consumer has that same choice.

I also think there's a pretty substantial difference between hiring people of a certain appearance to work in strictly retail jobs and murdering millions.

deviljet88
24-01-2005, 07:45 AM
Last time I went to Myer I saw a black woman and a white woman. OMFG where's the men.

acliff
24-01-2005, 07:48 AM
You're all petulant children.

I could get equally worked about the fact that women's clothes stores on the whole employ attractive women. I want hideous men damnit, so that I have more cause to avoid these stores... more than the reason they only sell women's clothes... Its the principle damnit!

Being in england, I've never been to an abercrombie shop. Regardless of this, it is a business, and requires salespeople who fit well with the demographic that they are trying to sell to. From the sounds of it, their current business plan is working pretty damn well.
They're not going to have a ghetto r&b sales team if they're not going to be selling to that group, for example. Its an image driven market. Whereas United colors of Benetton might use the fact that people are of different 'colors' to sell their products, you might complain that they are only trying to do so to broaden their market, and make more profit.

I'd personally be more irritated and worked up about the exclusive hiring of illegal immigrants in some big hypermarket chains. Now that involves people *actually* being taken advantage of.

Nick, make uncalled for, humourless and out of place comments like that, and I will remove you.

hasselbrad
24-01-2005, 12:31 PM
I think the more pressing issue is the fact that A&F was (or still is, I try not to pay that much attention to the trend whores) marketing padded bras and thongs to pre-pubescent girls. There is a special circle in hell for the marketing executives that devised that plan. If 17 or 18 year old girls want to wear thongs and assless chaps, fine, but don't market that shit to my 7 year old daughter.

SimplyKnightley
24-01-2005, 02:17 PM
I think the more pressing issue is the fact that A&F was (or still is, I try not to pay that much attention to the trend whores) marketing padded bras and thongs to pre-pubescent girls. There is a special circle in hell for the marketing executives that devised that plan. If 17 or 18 year old girls want to wear thongs and assless chaps, fine, but don't market that shit to my 7 year old daughter.

but how on earth do 7 year olds afford those apparels in the first place? unless they get their parents to get it for them. then there is something wrong with the parents.

hasselbrad
24-01-2005, 02:30 PM
Good point. Those parents have their circle in hell as well. When I was still married and living in Atlanta, my daughter was friends with a girl whose mother dressed her in Calvin Klein string bikini panties and high heels...at the age of 5!

Jacoby
24-01-2005, 07:33 PM
Haha. Abercrombie is racist. I'm with Nick. I've never been in one of the stores, but I've heard cases of them being racist assholes. It's not so much with what cliff said about the demographic, I agree with that. But at some A+F's, they have the blonde-hair, blue eyes girls run the registers, and the other raced people in the back, away from customers.

Yeah, A+F sucks. Their clothes are retarded. That's why I go to JCPenny to buy things. Such Style. Such Value. JCPenny.

Oh, speaking of A+F, I heard two girls having one of the most retarded conversations. One girl says to the other, " I've been looking around for ripped jeans ALL OVER! I can't find them at all, it's so annoying, omg. I think I'll just go to Abercrombie and buy a pair for 80 bucks..."
"80 bucks is a lot of money," said the other girl.
"Yeah, but I can't find them anywhere else."
"Yeah."

Wow. They're called scissors.

hasselbrad
24-01-2005, 07:55 PM
My favorite trendwhore store is Hollister.
There is a company called Hollister that makes ostomy supplies. I always chuckle when I see that brand of clothing.

Jacoby
24-01-2005, 07:57 PM
My favorite trendwhore store is Hollister.
There is a company called Hollister that makes ostomy supplies. I always chuckle when I see that brand of clothing.
I thought it was just named after Hollister, California, or something?

And, Isn't Hollister part of A+F?

hasselbrad
24-01-2005, 07:59 PM
I'm sure it is, I just find it funny that it has the same name. I'm betting if people saw what the other Hollister made, they wouldn't think it was so cool.

Elijahfan
25-01-2005, 03:13 AM
i 've had problems with A & F forever, yes they are racists there, and hollisters is the same thing, mags pointed out you dont have to shop there. you can just rip them off though but i'm not going to go any farther into vandalism and stealing.

my problem with them, very emotionally tramatizing...when i was younger my older sister used to go there. so i would have to follow her in with my mom. seriously couldnt breath because of their perfume they spray everywhere, it was crowded and unorganized, waited for the dressing rooms forever (damn sister and her clothes). so i retaliated by picking up the pins from the ground (the ones they stick in the clothes to keep them nice and folded) and stuck them everywhere. on the walls, tables, other articles of clothing. in hopes whoever tried on the peace of crap that costs 80 dollars would at least pay the price of bleeding a little bit. of course i was only 9 yrs old then... and yet i dont feel sorry or any regret.

i've never shopped there so that's a relief, but my major concern is sweat shops, and lets face it, almost everything is made in sweat shops.

Nick
25-01-2005, 04:15 AM
Oh for fuck sake! You people need to lighten up. This thread wasn't supposed to be taken this seriously. Jacoby seems to be the only one who got it.
As for me insulting that persons mother I never would have resorted to it if they had not insulted me. Kindly go back and read qzx00's post. If you're going to use disciplinary action on me than to be fair qzx00 deserves some as well.
Further more I never told anyone not to shop at this store I was merely stating my opinion of this store. And again I say it wasn't supposed to be taken this seriously. If you don't agree with my opinion you can argue your point, but don't jump on my case about it. Try to stay calm and rational. By the way I actually enjoy the rain quite a bit qzx00. And in order to hopefully end our feud I apologize for disrespecting your mother, I'm sure she's a very lovely and kind hearted person.