PDA

View Full Version : Good Music?

Pages : [1] 2 3

mk 2.0
13-01-2005, 02:55 AM
Just want to hear everyone's preferance {sp?} on music.

Just list some cool artists/ favorites
and maybe their best song.

That would be cool.

Mine:
Garden State Soundtrack is awesome.
I also like listening to Frou Frou's 'Let Go'
and Muse's 'Butterflies & Hurricanes', my fav for now so AWESOME!!!

PEACE

deviljet88
13-01-2005, 03:48 AM
I like your taste in music, though I don't mind Zero 7's In the Waiting from the Garden State Soundtrack. Current favourite song is Queen of the Stone Age's In My head because I spent too much time playing with my friend on Need for Speed Underground 2 (one of the songs off the game).

Btw, you should check out http://www.kkwavefront.org/forums/showthread.php?t=206&page=1 which is nearly exactly the same thread.

IBO
13-01-2005, 04:09 AM
Fox NFL Football theme
________
EXPERT INSURANCE (http://xpertinsurance.com/)

Narg
13-01-2005, 04:36 AM
Mostly heavy metal, nu metal, punk, rock, trance, techno, anything with a decent beat, and a nice guitarr riff.

hasselbrad
13-01-2005, 12:46 PM
I've actually been listening to the Garden State soundtrack in the car. I've been in a Caring is Creepy mood as of late.

Jacoby
13-01-2005, 07:13 PM
I've actually been listening to the Garden State soundtrack in the car. I've been in a Caring is Creepy mood as of late.

Well then don't waste your money on the GS soundtrack and just go buy Oh, Inverted World. The Shins' first major album. One of the best albums ever, in my opinion.

frodo1511
13-01-2005, 09:52 PM
Lately I've been listening to Lenny Kravitz's "Baptism", which isn't too bad.
I've also been listening to Coldplay's "A Rush of Blood to the Head". Their new album drops this spring, I can't wait.

hasselbrad
13-01-2005, 10:14 PM
Well then don't waste your money on the GS soundtrack and just go buy Oh, Inverted World. The Shins' first major album. One of the best albums ever, in my opinion.

Well, it's too late, but thanks for the info.

Richard
13-01-2005, 10:19 PM
I'll just list the bands I've been listening to lately... but just for the record, most of life I've been listening to anything from the 1950s to the 1980s. I kinda refuse to be pulled into the music my generation listens to, which isn't quite a good thing... because I never know who they're talking about.

After ES told me to get some serious schoolin' into the ways of British Invasion, I decided to take a gander at The Animals. (I wasn't hurt by it, perhaps it was just a wake-up call). But before I decided to do this, I had already known The Animals for their hits "House Of The Rising Sun", "We've Gotta Get Out Of This Place", and "Don't Let Me Be Misunderstood". Now, upon listening to almost all the songs the album had to offer, I couldn't help but read some of the reviews for the band. I wasn't determined to agree with what many said about the lead singer trying to intimate Mick Jagger, but after listening to him for over 30 minutes, he does sound a little like him, but it doesn't matter. By the end of this I thought I would end up liking more songs from the group, it just ended up with me only liking the first three I mentioned above. Evidently, their major hits. I'm sure they had more, but I wouldn't go as far as to say they were one of the most important bands during the British Invasion.

After listening to The Animals, I then decided to listen to The Hollies. (Wondering where they got that from? Charles Hardin Holly a.k.a. Buddy Holly, out of respect evidently). Not quite important during the British Invasion, but still had some great songs that were well worth revisiting. My personal favs; "Bus Stop", "Carrie Anne", "Look Through Any Window", "Stop, Stop, Stop", and "Long Cool Woman". Many of the reviews I read were very much decent, I almost wholeheartedly agreed with them. Sadly, I didn't really like as much songs as I hoped for other than the ones I mentioned above too. Still a good band.

The infamous Dave Clark Five and my favorites "Glad All Over", "Because", "Over & Over", and a few more but I can't remember the names. If anyone where to ask me today who do I think is the most important band during the years of British Invasion other than The Beatles & The Rolling Stones, I'd say Dave Clark Five. I still have to listen to more of their songs, but my opinion of them is pretty definite.

I haven't been listening to much of The Kinks, but if memory serves "You Really Got Me", "All Day And All Of The Night", and "Tired Of Waiting For You" are the ones I enjoyed as a kid growing up. They're on my list for future album purchases.

Other honorable mentions for British bands for that era (duos); The Zombies for "Time Of The Season", and "She's Not There". Hermen's Hermits for just about everything they sung. Peter & Gordon for "A World Without Love", "I Go To Pieces", "Lady Godiva" and "Town I Live In" are a few.

Anywho... other than British bands I have quite a few favorites from that era. And duos.

The Four Seasons, Tommy James & The Shondells, Three Dog Night, The Byrds, The Everly Brothers, Steppenwolf, America, Strawberry Alarm Clock, The Grassroots, The Righteous Brothers... and I can't think of anything else at the moment.

If anybody makes another music thread, somebody remind me to copy and paste this. :)

Dionysus
14-01-2005, 01:43 AM
i almost only listen to classic rock n roll rhythm and blues and good ole mississippi blues

right now im listening to Pink Floyd, i also LOVE Led Zeppelin, Rolling Stones, Chuck Berry, Deep Purple, Easybeats, Janis Joplin, The Who, Cream, Robert Johnson, AC/DC, Bob Dylan, Moody Blues, Doors, Animals, Son House, Neil Young, Eric Clapton, Jethro Tull, Stevie Wright, Beach Boys, U2, Taj Mahal, Little Richard, Leadbelly, Beatles, Fleetwood Mac, Queen, Muddy Waters, Velvet Underground, Jimi Hendrix, Van Morrison, Jefferson Airplane, John Mayall Blues Breakers, Black Sabbath, Buddy Guy, Howlin' Wolf and more

Liam
14-01-2005, 04:23 AM
Slayer.

Nick
14-01-2005, 05:40 AM
I like to listen to music mostly from the 60's and 70's and a little form the 80's.
I don't care much for most of the newer groups because all the rock groups now days try to claim that they are punk when in reality they're no where near real punk. Most of the singers and musicians now are a bunch of pretty boys who are way to pansy to be real punk rockers. That's why if I'm going to listen to punk and/or heavy metal I prefer the real punk from the late 70's and early 80's such as AC/DC, Motley Crue, Queen, Guns N Roses, Scorpions, Alice Cooper, etc.
As for music from the mid 60's to 70's I like the Beatles, Rolling Stones, Pink Floyd, Led Zeppelin, and of course Jimi Hendrix. No guitarist today can even compare to the guitar playing of Jimi, most musicians now just pound on the guitar and make it screech really loudly. So I don't care what anyone else says Jimi was by far the best and there will never be another like him.

Pygmalion
14-01-2005, 07:20 AM
and Muse's 'Butterflies & Hurricanes', my fav for now so AWESOME!!!

That is a fantastic song I must say.

I'm listening to The Eagles Of Death Metal-They only have one album-and The Hives Tyranosaurus Hive which is SUCH a good album.

Human by Goldfrapp is my favourite song at the moment.

Scott
14-01-2005, 08:44 AM
At the moment in my CD player I have:
Megadeth - Countdown to Extinction
Slayer - Reign in Blood
Metallica - ...And Justice For All

Dionysus
14-01-2005, 01:32 PM
No guitarist today can even compare to the guitar playing of Jimi, most musicians now just pound on the guitar and make it screech really loudly.

LOL
ironically thats what Jimi did, he was arguably (perhaps the who or cream maybe) the first musician to incorporate feedback into his music, but he made it sound AMAZING
i agree with you about the rest, the 60's & 70's were by far the best for music (see my post above for my fav bands), i hear these pathetic bands these days, and theyre guitar solos (if you'd call them that) are pathetic, its noise, high pitch bend, more noise another high pitch bend, more noise higher pith bend, finish
pft, its sad really

FooTM
14-01-2005, 04:09 PM
At the mo -

The Hives - Two Timing Touch and Broken Bones
The Flaming Lips - Yoshimi Battles the Pink Robots pt. 1
Lethal Bizzle - Forward Riddim
Ludacris - Child of the Night/Number One Spot/Put Your Money

Leonie
14-01-2005, 04:59 PM
Muse, Sunburn. No biscuit for whoever saw that coming :icon_razz

acliff
14-01-2005, 05:24 PM
At the moment the bands I'm listening to most is the Zutons, Jeff Buckley, Johnny Cash and Led Zeppelin. Eclectic or what?

Leonie
14-01-2005, 05:33 PM
Hmmm... Apart from the obvious Muse addiction, I am currently listening to Oasis and Within Temptation. I left most of my CDs at uni. How foolish :(

Laura
14-01-2005, 06:35 PM
Can't beat a bit of muse.

acliff
14-01-2005, 06:56 PM
What about a lot of muse?

Jacoby
14-01-2005, 07:55 PM
I don't like Muse.

Currently listening to some good music. Death Cab, Walkmen, Stills, Shins, and other things.

Anyone a fan of The Arcade Fire? I'm not sure, I can't tell if I like them or not. They have a few good songs. One of the members looks EXACTLY like Napoleon Dynamite.

Flightfreak
14-01-2005, 08:32 PM
Dead cab, I like it :)
I listen to too much different styles to name them all (rock, electro, jazz, hip-hop, multicultural music...)
maxi jazz (faithless) is a genius though

Foeni
14-01-2005, 08:35 PM
Muse allways... Other than that, I mostly listen to heavy rock. At the moment, I'm listening a lot to Rammstein.

Renegade
14-01-2005, 11:34 PM
Anyone a fan of The Arcade Fire? I'm not sure, I can't tell if I like them or not. They have a few good songs. One of the members looks EXACTLY like Napoleon Dynamite.

My friend said the same exact thing. She only likes some of their songs. She recommmended them to me but I've yet to listen to them

bryan
14-01-2005, 11:35 PM
I don't like Muse.

Currently listening to some good music. Death Cab, Walkmen, Stills, Shins, and other things.

Yeah I started listening to the Arcade Fire a few days ago. "Rebellion (Lies)" has been on repeat quite a bit lately. That song is ridiculously catchy. Vocalist/Guitarist Richard Reed Parry is the guy who looks like Napoleon Dynamite.

Vertigo
15-01-2005, 05:31 AM
Currently listening to

Jeff Buckley
Kasabian
REM
The Strokes
Green Day
Razorlight
The Zutons

marry rich people
15-01-2005, 04:59 PM
Kasabian!! I love them so much but their cd is very expensive (at least in the US).

My current favorites:
RJD2
The Postal Service
The Sea & Cake
Bloc Party
Talib Kweil
Interpol
The Libertines
The Grey Album

Liam
15-01-2005, 08:55 PM
Right, I'll be serious this time.

Muse, Slayer, Metallica, Rammstein, Sepultura, Pantera, Within Temptation, Static-X, Damageplan (RIP Dime), Jimi Hendrix Experience (dont like the band of gypsies so much), Green Day, Dillinger Escape Plan, Coldplay (look what Leonie has done to me), and old school rock like Deep Purple, Led Zeppelin, Kiss, etc.

deviljet88
16-01-2005, 03:58 AM
Yay Liam likes Coldplay now :D

Muse, Radiohead, Coldplay, Red hot Chili Peppers, Keane, Dido, Foo Fighters, Dashboard Confessional, Within Temptation, R.E.M. and Placebo

duckula
16-01-2005, 10:53 AM
Manic Street Preachers (cover of Suicide Is Painless, the rest of their stuff is angsty, whine bullshit).

FooTM
16-01-2005, 01:09 PM
At the mo, its The Avalanches, Fischerspooner and yet more Royksopp.

Jacoby
16-01-2005, 04:10 PM
does anyone know if the unicorns actually broke up?

:icon_surp FUCK. Those guys were in love with eachother. I really hope they didn't split. I was looking forward to a new album.

marine
18-01-2005, 10:54 AM
back to the roots for me:
the cramberries: no need to argue( i'm driving my closest neighbour mad with this one but i can't help it)

also keane, three days grace, blackmores night, green day, the used, the strokes
and : maroon5, vanessa carlton and avril lavigne ( you didn't misread that's what i wrote) oh and i forgot joss stone and nuttea ( french singer)

apoggy
18-01-2005, 10:57 AM
My current playlist includes albums by (in alphabetical order)

Blur
Coldplay
The Darkness
Keane
Muse
Oasis
Queen
The Verve

A nice mix

Leonie
18-01-2005, 12:35 PM
Coldplay (look what Leonie has done to me)

Muahahaha :icon_razz

Have to say I like your playlist, Poggs. I want to go back to uni - I miss my dear massive CD collection. I was foolish enough to only bring two Muse CDs, as opposed to the 8 or 9 CDs I have. Addicted? Me? Only a little :icon_razz

I was clever enough to bring my London soundtrack, a.k.a. Oasis' Heathen Chemistry though. Win. And a a bit of Coldplay, the B-sides album (thanks Mags! :))

Keane's still at uni, along with the Stereophonics and Radiohead. Such a shame...

hasselbrad
18-01-2005, 01:07 PM
The Shins Oh Inverted World (thanks Jake) and Me First and the Gimmie Gimmies Ruining Jonny's Bar Mitzvah 'cause I enjoy goofy shit. A cover of Stairway to Heaven in less than two minutes, Hava Nagila (both the original and their version...done to the tune of Feliz Navidad) and a buried cover of Sloop John B done as an homage to the Ramones.

Flightfreak
21-01-2005, 01:36 PM
Laurent Garnier "the man with the red face"
Stash "sadness"
Massive attack "Unfinished Sympathy"
Sinead O'Connor "Nothing Compares to You"
Rune "calabria"
Studio brussel "Switch 6 compilation"
damn good music :)

FooTM
21-01-2005, 03:06 PM
My current playlist includes albums by (in alphabetical order)

Blur
Coldplay
The Darkness
Keane
Muse
Oasis
Queen
The Verve

A nice mix

words cannot express my hatred for those bands right now

apoggy
21-01-2005, 03:10 PM
I highlight the fact you are only 15 and didnt grow up in the peak of the now called 'brit pop' era

Oasis, Live Forever

FooTM
21-01-2005, 03:22 PM
and didnt grow up in the peak of the now called 'brit pop' era

Thank god.

At the mo its the Doom 3 theme. You heard

apoggy
21-01-2005, 03:25 PM
There is no need to say anymore, i'll just wait for te rest of the forum to slate you. Most of them like muse too you know.

FooTM
21-01-2005, 03:42 PM
There is no need to say anymore, i'll just wait for te rest of the forum to slate you. Most of them like muse too you know.

I await an onslaught then. People can slate me all they want - I honestly couldn't give two fucks what they say. I'll just laugh probably.

Anyway, The Hives - Two Timing Touch and Broken Bones

You like The Zutons?

apoggy
21-01-2005, 03:50 PM
no im rather set in my ways musically, i rarely listen to new stuff

Zavender
21-01-2005, 07:00 PM
My favorite band is The Urge, St. Louis' finest
I'm also a sucker for Wrestling themes, more often New Japan's.
I have a bit of a collection of movie, and TV scores.
Really though, Il ove Classic and Modern Rock, not really anything too heavy like Metal, but occasionaly I'll listen. Rap I may listen to, if it's any good. Really the only music I won't listen to is Country, I can stand only bits of it from time to time.

Jacoby
21-01-2005, 07:39 PM

I'll back up FooTM. I don't like Muse very much at all.

Hives are alright, though. Zutons are a little weird, but not bad.
I really do like The Arcade Fire now. I've decided. Really good, upbeat songs.

EDIT: Beck...

acliff
21-01-2005, 07:40 PM
I await an onslaught then. People can slate me all they want - I honestly couldn't give two fucks what they say. I'll just laugh probably.

Anyway, The Hives - Two Timing Touch and Broken Bones

You like The Zutons?

I like the zutons and the hives alot. The fact that you dislike Pogg's bands make me lose faith in your taste in music.
Words can pretty much express what I think of your music taste, and they're not entirely pleasant :)

Michelle
21-01-2005, 10:55 PM
I'm a big fan of Rufus Wainwright, The Sundays, Sade, Aimee Mann, Jamiroquai, Remy Shand & Brainstorm (a Latvian band). Normally I'd list about a hundred bands, but I've finally decided those artist are my favourite. I like Coldplay a lot, but they're too popular (either you like 'em or you hate 'em, it seems). I dunno why that bothers me.

FooTM
22-01-2005, 10:01 AM
I like the zutons and the hives alot. The fact that you dislike Pogg's bands make me lose faith in your taste in music.
Words can pretty much express what I think of your music taste, and they're not entirely pleasant :)

Then keep them to yourself.

Renegade
22-01-2005, 12:57 PM
Then keep them to yourself.

Do you really need the last word? Just drop it.

And Jake, I like some of The Arcade Fire's songs, though they aren't that catchy. "Wake Up" and "Haiti" are my current favorites.

Jacoby
22-01-2005, 05:06 PM
The only song on the album I don't like is "In the Back Seat". The rest I sing and dance along to.

You can watch them perform Neighborhood #3 (Power Out) live right here (http://stream.qtv.apple.com/qtv/toolshed/merge/arcade_ref.mov). It starts off sort of itchy because his voice is a little cracky, but once everyone starts playing, it gets pretty awesome. The brunette playing synth and xylophone is really weird. She has these evil yells into the mic.

Richard
22-01-2005, 05:12 PM
The rest I sing and dance along to.

Airn't you aware that white men shouldn't dance. It's a rule.

Michelle: The Sundays... hmm... Wild Horses is superb.

Leonie
13-02-2005, 11:10 AM
Just had to bump this: Beth Hart. Whoa.

Go here: http://www.bethhart.com/index2.html, then click Music. Listen to Leave The Light On and be in awe.

(Or just let RealPlayer play http://www.bethhart.com/leavethelighton.ram)

Pygmalion
13-02-2005, 11:16 AM
GOMEZ are awesome! I recently got a burnt copy of "Split The Difference" and I LOVE it!

Flightfreak
14-02-2005, 12:29 PM
something i listen too alot is "Novastar" a belgium pop rock band.
Rome (http://www.warnermusic.nl/streams/novastar/rome_high.asx)
When The Lights Go Down On The Broken Hearted (http://www.warnermusic.nl/streams/novastar/video.asx)
Never Back Down (http://www.warnermusic.nl/streams/novastar/track02.asx)
Lend Me Love

Leonie
14-02-2005, 02:58 PM
something i listen too alot is "Novastar" a belgium pop rock band.

Niiiice - I got the chance to see them last September, but decided to get shamelessly drunk instead (night of my birthday). It's a bit of a shame really, but they might be back next year :)

Also, I saw a tiny little article in the metro about Zornik. They were described as 'the Belgian Radiohead'. WTF?! Blasphemy! :icon_razz

FooTM
14-02-2005, 03:59 PM
I got the new Daft Punk album - 'Human After All'. It sucks balls. Such a let down after the amazing 'Discovery'.

Flightfreak
14-02-2005, 04:32 PM
Niiiice - I got the chance to see them last September, but decided to get shamelessly drunk instead (night of my birthday). It's a bit of a shame really, but they might be back next year :)

Also, I saw a tiny little article in the metro about Zornik. They were described as 'the Belgian Radiohead'. WTF?! Blasphemy! :icon_razz

Zornik rocks, they are really good.
In the beginning they really imitated placebo but they developed their own style with the years. I’ll post some links of video clips, if I find them.

Edit: found one Goodbye (http://stubru.be/html/stubru_web/audio/zornik.wmv)

DragonRat
14-02-2005, 08:05 PM
These are bands (with albums) that I've heard so far (and recommend), and in some varying level of replay, here at Berkeley:

Air (Moon Safari, Talkie Walkie)
The Beatles (Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band, The White Album)
Beck (Sea Change)
Boards of Canada (Music Has the Right to Children)
Bob Marley (Legend)
Bonobo (Animal Magic, Dial 'M' for Monkey)
Coldplay (Parachutes, A Rush of Blood to the Head)
Cruel Intentions [sdtk.]
Death Cab for Cutie (The Photo Album, Transatlanticism)
Elliott Smith (self-titled, Either/Or, XO, Figure 8)
Eminem (Infinite LP)
Frou Frou (Details)
Handsome Boy Modeling School (White People)
Jack Johnson (On and On)
The Jimi Hendrix Experience (Axis: Bold as Love, Electric Ladyland)
Keane (Hopes & Fears)
The Kinks (The Village Green Preservation Society)
Led Zeppelin (II, III, IV, Houses of the Holy, live stuff especially)
My Chemical Romance (Three Cheers for Sweet Revenge)
Pinback (self-titled, Blue Screen Life, Summer in Abaddon)
Pink Floyd (Dark Side of the Moon, Wish You Were Here)
The Postal Service (Give Up)
Radiohead (The Bends, OK Computer, Kid A)
Rage Against the Machine (self-titled, The Battle of Los Angeles, Renegades)
The Shins (Oh, Inverted World)
Sigur Ros (( ), Agaetis Byrjun)
Stereolab (Emperor Tomato Ketchup)
The Stills (Logic Will Break Your Heart)
Sugar Plant (After After Hours, Happy EP)
Third Eye Blind (self-titled, Out of the Vein)
Van Morrison (Astral Weeks, Moondance)
The Velvet Underground (Loaded)
Weezer (self-titled Blue album)
Wicker Park [sdtk.]
Zero 7 (Simple Things)

As I write this post, I'm currently having a first listen to the Mars Volta's "De-Loused in the Comatorium". It sounds pretty good. Next stop: At the Drive In, Broken Social Scene, Iron & Wine, Mazzy Star...

Jacoby
14-02-2005, 08:32 PM
These are bands (with albums) that I've heard so far (and recommend), and in some varying level of replay, here at Berkeley:

As I write this post, I'm currently having a first listen to the Mars Volta's "De-Loused in the Comatorium". It sounds pretty good. Next stop: At the Drive In, Broken Social Scene, Iron & Wine, Mazzy Star...

Mmm, yes. Good taste. Aside from Keane and My Chemical Romance, I pretty much agree with all those bands. And you'll like You Forgot it in People by Broken Social Scene, that album is awesome.

marry rich people
14-02-2005, 10:01 PM
How ironic. I ordered "You Forget It In People" recently and just got it in the mail today and I'm listening to it right now. It's a really good cd except "Anthems for a Seventeen Year-Old Girl" is semi-weird and sounds like something that belongs in a horror movie featuring demon children.

Mags
14-02-2005, 10:04 PM
Wilco...constantly. Love love love love Wilco.

I've been listening to A Ghost is Born nonstop for about a week now. Before that it was Yankee Hotel Foxtrot.

Love the Wilco.

Jacoby
14-02-2005, 10:18 PM
How ironic. I ordered "You Forget It In People" recently and just got it in the mail today and I'm listening to it right now. It's a really good cd except "Anthems for a Seventeen Year-Old Girl" is semi-weird and sounds like something that belongs in a horror movie featuring demon children.

Give it time; the song will become really catchy and you'll find yourself listening to it a lot.

Renegade
15-02-2005, 06:09 AM
Give it time; the song will become really catchy and you'll find yourself listening to it a lot.

Oh yes, that song. Repetive, but catchy. 'KC Accidental' is my favorite track off the album.

Keyser_so_so
15-02-2005, 10:21 AM
Right- Here are a list of the bands that always atand out for me, there's a reason why they are the ones that first come to my head: they're damn good. Top 10, in order, and with my favourite album by them-
Nirvana- In Utero
Muse- Showbiz
The Bronx- The Bronx
Killing Joke- Killing Joke (2003- not the earlier one)
Radiohead- OK Computer
Pixies- Wave of Mutilation: Best of
The Beatles- A Hard Day's Night
Scratch Acid- The Greatest Gift: Compilation of all their works
The Undertones- Teenage Kicks: Best of
The Sex Pistols- Nevermind the Bollocks, Here's...

EDIT: On top of all that, here's some other bands I love-
-Frank Zappa, Chuck Berry, Muddy Waters, Howlin' Wolf, Echo and the Bunnymen, The Killers, The Thrills, Beat Happening, The Mars Volta, At The Drive-In, Feeder, The Doors, Van Morrison, Art Blakey and his Jazz Messengers, Tom Waits, Damien Rice. The list could go further, but won't for now... Just a good showing of my wide tastes in music.

Jacoby
15-02-2005, 10:54 PM
I love British Sea Power and I want this shirt:
http://www.britishseapower.co.uk/Heronaddict.gif

British Sea Power is awesomeness. They're one of few really great modern British bands (sorry Muse and Keane aren't cutting it)... so yeah.

apoggy
15-02-2005, 11:01 PM
Currently listening to Athlete - Vehicles and Animals

Andrew
16-02-2005, 12:18 AM
Currently listening to:
Bloc Party- Silent Alarm
Muse- Absolution
Kasabian- Kasabian
Radiohead- Hail To The Thief
Franz Ferdinand- Franz Ferdinand
The Libertines- Up The Bracket

Ashley
16-02-2005, 04:25 AM
Wilco - Yankee Hotel Foxtrot
Radiohead - The Bends, OK Computer, Pablo Honey
Jet - Get Born
John Mayer - Room For Squares
Maroon 5 - Songs About Jane
Matchbox Twenty - Mad Season
Muse - Showbiz
David Gray - White Ladder and A New Day At Midnight
Nickel Creek - This Side
Garden State soundtrack
Rufus Wainwright - Want One
Sean Watkins - 26 Miles
Smashing Pumpkins - Melancholy and Infinite Sadness
U2 - Best of 1990 - 2000

Bait
16-02-2005, 04:45 AM
sublime-sublime (old but i like them :) )
*wrong way, what i got, caress me down are my top 3 i think :P

modest mouse- good news for people who love bad news

*the good times are killing me, black cadillacs

Donnie Darko Soundtrack
*gary jules-mad world

Without a Paddle Soundtrack

Nine Inch Nails
*perfect drug, march of the pigs

Kotton Mouth Kings(rap i guess :P) (any cd)
*tangerine sky, dying daze, welcome to the suburbs and some others

The Killers- hot fuss

Thrice- The artist in the ambulance

and The Beach Boys-any cd :)

almost all of these are old but i like them and im only noting them because i just got around to putting them on my ipod :)

Leonie
16-02-2005, 06:43 AM
I'm currently going through a serious the Postal Service phase. Thanks Mags :)

FooTM
16-02-2005, 08:56 AM
Donnie Darko Soundtrack
*gary jules-mad world

remix with Lowkey and Doc Brown is ten times better : D

marine
23-02-2005, 03:30 PM
ok here's a couple of songs I have been listening to lately, in no order:

Muse_Unintended (or pretty much the whole cd)
Tracy Chapman_Give me a reason
Nina Simone_Sinner Man
Aeorosmith_Dream on (from classics live)
Aeorosmith_Crazy
Ella Fitzgerald_lullaby of birdland
Three days grace_Wake up
Green day_Boulevard of broken dream
Damien Rice_The Blower's daughter
Keren Ann_By the Cathedral
The Cramberries_Ode to Family
Death Cab for Cutie_Transatlaticism
The libertines_What katie did
The libertines_Music when the lights go off
Bob dylan_knocking on heaven's door

PS: the song that Leonie suggested several posts above: Leave the lights on by Beth Hart is pretty good, I like it a lot.

Meteora
23-02-2005, 09:57 PM
What I've been listening to (in no particular order):

Tool - Intolerance
Tool - Flood
Tool - The Grudge
Tool - The Patient
Tool - Lateralus (best song ever, at least for now)
Tool - Third Eye
Tool - Pushit (live)
Tool - Aenima
A Perfect Circle - Magdalena
A Perfect Circle - 3 Libras
A Perfect Circle - The Outsider
A Perfect Circle - Passive

Maynard is like God, except he sings better and doesn't have all the powers that go with the title.

The Black Rider
24-02-2005, 02:47 PM
From my MySpace (which I almost never use anymore because MySpace is stupid):

13th Floor Elevators, Accelera Deck, Acid Mothers Temple Alice In Chains, Laurie Anderson, Apoptygma Berzerk, Fiona Apple, The Arcade Fire, At The Drive-In, Atari Teenage Riot, Autechre, Johann Sebastian Bach, Devendra Banhart, Bauhaus, The Beatles, Ludwig Van Beethoven, Belle and Sebastian, Bjork, Black Sabbath, The Blood Brothers, The Boredoms, David Bowie, Benjamin Britten, Butthole Surfers, John Cage, John Cale, Can, Captain Beefheart, Johnny Cash, The Chieftains, Frederic Chopin, The Clash, David Allan Coe, Ornette Coleman, John Coltrane, The Corrs (guilty pleasure), Cream, George Crumb, The Cure, Miles Davis, Dead Kennedys, Claude Debussy, Depeche Mode, Devo, Donovan, The Doors, Duran Duran, Bob Dylan, Echo and the Bunnymen, Einsturzende Neubauten, Duke Ellington, Brian Eno, The Fall, Faust, Jackson C. Frank, Frog Eyes, Fugazi, The Fugs, Vincent Gallo, Gilbert and Sullivan, Dizzy Gillespie, Paul Giovanni, Godspeed You Black Emperor!, The Grateful Dead, George Harrison, PJ Harvey, Gustav Holst, Icy Demons, Iron Maiden, Charles Ives, The Jesus and Mary Chain, Jimi Hendrix Experience, The Jam, Joy Division, King Crimson, The Kinks, Kraftwerk, John Lennon, The Lounge Lizards, Low, John Lurie, Gustav Mahler, Bob Marley, The Mars Volta, Istvan Marta, Massive Attack, Nellie McKay, The Misfits, Moby, The Modern Dance, Mogwai, The Moldy Peaches, Thelonious Monk, The Monkees, Morrissey, The Move, Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart, My Bloody Valentine, NEU!, Roy Orbison, New Order, Nine Inch Nails, Michael Nyman, Pink Floyd, The Pixies, Iggy Pop, Popul Vuh, Sergei Prokofiev, Public Enemy, Pulp, Queen, Radiohead, Maurice Ravel, Lou Reed, Rites of Spring, The Rolling Stones (pre-1972 only), Dmitri Shostakovich, Sigur Ros, The Smashing Pumpkins, Elliott Smith, The Smiths, Sonic Youth, The Specials, Stereolab, Sun Ra, Swans, T-Rex, Talking Heads, Thomas Tallis, Tin Hat Trio, Traffic, U2 (pre-Achtung Baby), Edgard Varese, The Velvet Underground, Tom Waits, Muddy Waters, Kurt Weill, The Who, Wesley Willis, Wolf Eyes, Wu-Tang Clan, Xiu Xiu, XTC, Yes, Yo La Tengo, Neil Young, Frank Zappa, John Zorn.

Keyser_so_so
24-02-2005, 03:02 PM
Oh, you may or may not have heard of them- but these bands are all excellent, but not quite as famous as they should be...They're all hotter than leather pants at a gig in early August. Next to a radiator. Check them out...
My Chemical Romance (you may have heard of them, especially if you live in the USA).
G.U. Medicine- an excellent british band, and while I'm sure they have more distribution to shops now, when I got their album back at the very beginning of 2004's summer, I had to order it from the record company! Nice freebies as consolation of a little wait and about £1 more than shops would probably charge.
Biffy Clyro- A Scottish band, I believe, and worth a lot of attention.
Reuben- A wonderful English band that I have spoken to twice (just email them!).
Avenged Sevenfold- Another band you may have heard of (again, especially if you live in them states that are united in America). Like the bands above, they're great live- their singer is spot on all the time, so check them out live- they're definately worth it and most at home in that situation.

and lastly, but most importantly:
The Bronx- This band from L.A. are awesome. If you don't own their album, and yet think you love rock/punk/hardcore/metal, you're missing something. BUY!BUY!BUY!

Richard
24-02-2005, 09:35 PM
Oh yeah Rider, take this!

Buddy Holly, The Beatles, The Beach Boys, The Beau Brummels, The Righteous Brothers, The Four Seasons, Tommy James & The Shondells, Tommy Roe, Ricky Nelson, Del Shannon, Maroon 5, The Everly Brothers, Elvis, Pearl Jam, Simon & Garfunkal, Dion & The Belmonts, The Monkees, The Kinks, The Doors, Herman's Hermits, The Animals, The Hollies, Jerry Lee Lewis, The Byrds, Three Dog Night, The Vogues, Blood Sweat & Tears, The Tokens, The Searchers, Loretta Lynn, Fleetwood Mac, The Grassroots, Gary Puckett & The Union Gap, Sonny & Cher, Blue Oyster Cult, Gary Lewis & The Playboys, The Youngbloods, Neil Sedaka, Neil Diamond, Ritchie Valens, Lesley Gore, Noel Harrison, Elton John, America, Ben E. King, Billy Joe Royel, The Bay City Rollars, The Marcels, The Drifters, Steppenwolf, The Association, Jay & The Americans, Steeler's Wheel, Dusty Springfield, Rod Stewart, Little Richard, John Denver, Bobby Darin, Bobby Vinton, The Cyrkle, Don McLean, Linda Ronstadt, Petula Clark, Maurice Williams & The Zodiacs, Bill Haley & His Comets, The Rascals, The Archies, Otis Redding, Zager & Evans, Michael Jackson, Madonna, John Lennon, Blondie, The Police, Survivor, Mark Dinning, Bobby Vee, The Shirelles, The Crystals, Gene Chandler, The Angels, Paul & Paula, The Supremes, Peter & Gordon, The Rolling Stones, The Dave Clark Five, The McCoys, The Buckinghams, The Turtles, and Strawberry Alarm Clock.

seitanic
25-02-2005, 06:14 AM
my current favorite music, updated in realtime!

http://www.audioscrobbler.com/user/ennuiii/

Liam
25-02-2005, 07:02 AM
What a top shelf idea.

Clicky (http://www.audioscrobbler.com/user/liamkkw/). Bit quiet at the moment cause I only started it an hour ago.

marine
25-02-2005, 04:28 PM

I had never heard about half if not more of the bands you listed b4 but at least it gives me an occasion to discover them.
Nice Idea.

Andrew
25-02-2005, 09:49 PM
The Bloc Party album is great and I would advise anyone to get it.

You can get some tracks free off their website which aren't as good as the songs on the album but are are still worth a listen
Free Bloc Party Songs (http://www.blocparty.com/go.php?object=downloads)

Jacoby
26-02-2005, 03:10 AM

Hayeh, I gots one a dems.

http://www.audioscrobbler.com/user/Jacobes/

deviljet88
26-02-2005, 03:18 AM
http://www.audioscrobbler.com/user/xJetx/

Cool... Now just waiting for it to update or do something like that.

marry rich people
27-02-2005, 10:35 PM
Would you people stop stealing my cds!

marine
05-03-2005, 09:45 AM
Emiliana Torrini "Fischerman's woman", I got her new album and I love it.

ps: her album love in the time of science is really good too

Digital_Ice
05-03-2005, 11:15 AM
The Bluetones!!!!

the bluetones are brilliant, (and even better live)

if you get the chance to listen, do.

i have a very strange music taste, i like all kinds (such as they might be giants)

marine
05-03-2005, 11:24 PM
katie muela her first album, which I'm planning to get soon.

DefyingGravity
06-03-2005, 04:11 PM
Recently I've been listening to Hot Hot Heat, Razorlight, and Frou Frou. They're the newest additions to my CDs.

Richard
06-03-2005, 04:27 PM
I've been listening to Judy Garland lately. Am I the only fan?

Ardnax
06-03-2005, 04:32 PM
I've been listening to Judy Garland lately. Am I the only fan?
Judy Garland is divine! :Hail:

Andrew
08-03-2005, 03:59 PM
Just bought the Kaiser Chiefs album which is very good and comes in a cool box.

Liam
08-03-2005, 05:52 PM
Leonie made me download radiohead, and its not too bad. Not as good as Muse, but its not bad either. My only real complaint is the vocals - but I thought the same thing about Matt Bellamy when I first started listening to Muse too.

Other than that: Slayer, Rammstein, Testament. Clicky (http://www.audioscrobbler.com/user/liamkkw/)

Foeni
08-03-2005, 06:58 PM
Hmm.. I don't know who Testament is, but it seems you listen to it quite a lot. Some day you must send me some tracks.

Andrew
08-03-2005, 10:07 PM
Leonie made me download radiohead, and its not too bad. Not as good as Muse, but its not bad either. My only real complaint is the vocals - but I thought the same thing about Matt Bellamy when I first started listening to Muse too.
Listen to it a bit more and you will see how superior they are compared to Muse with some classic albums in The Bends and OK Computer aswell as the way they have tryed to evolve their sound between albums by experimenting which although can be difficult to get into is rewarded with some great music.

Mags
08-03-2005, 10:31 PM
Weee! (http://www.audioscrobbler.com/user/Magsmorris/)

Handel and Bach are getting a lot of play right now because that's the only stuff I can listen to while I study if I want to pay attention.

Liam
09-03-2005, 04:24 AM
Listen to it a bit more and you will see how superior they are compared to Muse with some classic albums in The Bends and OK Computer aswell as the way they have tryed to evolve their sound between albums by experimenting which although can be difficult to get into is rewarded with some great music.

Perhaps, but the fact that they need 5 members to produce what to me is a slightly inferior sound to Muse (who have 3 members and sound fantastic live) tells me Muse are slightly in front.
I'm a guitarist myself, and since I'm an especially bad guitarist, I can appreciate a great musical talent. Matt Bellamy has talent in spades. Not to say that Thom Yorke doesnt - cause he does - but Bellamy slaughters him one-on-one.

And besides, its going to be hard to convince me to change my view anyway - Muse are my favourite non-metal band. :D

marine
19-03-2005, 04:52 PM
"Feeling Good" by Muse

that's so how I feel right now, hopefully it's going to last till the end of the weekend :D

FooTM
19-03-2005, 05:19 PM
The Bloc Party album is great and I would advise anyone to get it.

You can get some tracks free off their website which aren't as good as the songs on the album but are are still worth a listen
Free Bloc Party Songs (http://www.blocparty.com/go.php?object=downloads)

Indeed the album is excellent.

I also got Sigur Ros - ( ) and LL Cool J - The DEFinition which are both cool.

mikhalt
19-03-2005, 10:32 PM
Hmm.. I like everything.. literally; lately I listen to the scissor sisters alot` and my own music (www.mikhalt.tk) believe it or not. Cause I am so bored.

Radiohead is good, and so is U2.

cheers
mikhalt

hannahjane
20-03-2005, 12:51 AM
I'm a fan of all genres. And I can't be arsed scouring my record collection to pick out all the artists I own, but off the top of my head: DAMIEN RICE IS AN UTTER GOD, as is Turin Brakes (fab two-piece!) and India Arie.

I also like Coldplay, Fightstar, The Thrills, The Killers (any other band with "The" at the beginning of their name - ie. The Roots). Basically anyone who's decent and not manufactured.