PDA

View Full Version : 24 (the show)

Renegade
09-01-2005, 08:09 PM
The season premiere of 24 is tonight on FOX 8:00pm. Jack Bauer is back for another 24 hours of crime fighting. Tony and Michelle have left the show I believe. And Elisha Cuthbert's role has been demoted to that of a recurring character.

The show isn't as fresh and exciting as when it first came out and some of the events and plot twists seem completely implausible, but hey, it's 24 nonetheless.

Anyone going to watch?

EmotionSickness
09-01-2005, 08:15 PM
I'm (somewhat) ashamed to say ... I have yet to see one single episode of this show. Never had time before and now it's too late to get into it. Maybe I'll wait and get all the seasons on dvd from Netflix or something.

MeggieHoops
09-01-2005, 08:20 PM
I'm (somewhat) ashamed to say ... I have yet to see one single episode of this show. Never had time before and now it's too late to get into it. Maybe I'll wait and get all the seasons on dvd from Netflix or something.

My dilemma exactly.

bruman
09-01-2005, 08:22 PM
i want to
but they don't play it in belgium (direct the new episodes), we need to way a few months :(

Renegade
09-01-2005, 08:27 PM
:(

Where's Kelsey?!

Kelsey
09-01-2005, 09:40 PM
I love this show! OMG, I am so excited for tonight! I have to finish all my pre-calculus homework before then, though.

Okay, so....first of all...I'm thrilled that Michelle, even though she's gone, will be back for a few episodes. That's awesome, because she's my favorite character. I heard that Kim *might* be back, but she's definitely not in the first few episodes, and Tony's not back (I can't believe he went to prison!) So that leaves Jack as the only returning character...perfect time for first time viewers to jump into the show!!

4 hours of 24 in the next two days is already the highlight of my week...I'm so excited! I'll be back after the premiere tonight

Mags
09-01-2005, 10:06 PM
my dad had the dvds for the first season lying around his house when I was up there last week. I watched the first 4 episodes but I really didn't get that into it at all. I mean...it was ok. But I didn't find it really that compelling.

frodo1511
09-01-2005, 10:15 PM
Meh, I might watch it, seeing as their's no late-night football on:P

An excert from TV guide on why Elisha Cuthbert, Dennis Haysbert and Carlos Bernard are gone: "We had run out of things to do with them"- Exec. Producer Robert Cochran.

Kelsey
09-01-2005, 10:49 PM
How could they run out of things for his daughter to do? Wouldn't they just let the storyline decide that? Same with Tony. Idiots. I should write for that show.

ryan
09-01-2005, 11:24 PM
I just got surround sound working with my new tv, so 24 tonight should be quite enjoyable.

i'm more of an OC and Alias fan than I am a 24 fan, but I still like watching 24 a lot. It's in my top 5.

frodo1511
09-01-2005, 11:37 PM
I just got surround sound working with my new tv, so 24 tonight should be quite enjoyable.

Lucky, I got 5.1 over the holidays, but it didn't come with a digital optical cable, which I need for surround sound playback with cable. At 25 bucks per 3 feet, it'll be a while before I get it:(

MeggieHoops
09-01-2005, 11:37 PM

i'm more of an OC and Alias fan than I am a 24 fan, but I still like watching 24 a lot. It's in my top 5.

You're obsessed with that TV.

ryan
09-01-2005, 11:41 PM
You're obsessed with that TV.

as i should be.

Scott
10-01-2005, 04:32 AM
Never seen it. The ads they show on TV don't really do much for me.

Kelsey
10-01-2005, 05:09 AM
Oh. My. Gosh. Who loved it? I did. This season seems great, Jack has everything against him, so that should make for an awesome storyline! So far, I like Chloe a lot more this season, but I miss everyone else too. Kim gave up CTU for Valencia? Lol, Valencia is nice but...

Hmm...a lot to talk about this ep, but what did everyone else think?

Renegade
10-01-2005, 05:52 AM
Oh. My. Gosh. Who loved it? I did. This season seems great, Jack has everything against him, so that should make for an awesome storyline! So far, I like Chloe a lot more this season, but I miss everyone else too. Kim gave up CTU for Valencia? Lol, Valencia is nice but...

Hmm...a lot to talk about this ep, but what did everyone else think?

Damn, I'm so friggin glad it's back on TV. It was really intense, especially when Jack started to regain his form (e.i. helping track down Sherek). It was awesome when he blackmailed the new head of CTU (forgot her name) to reinstate him. Oh man, I loved it.

I never liked Chloe. I always thought she was poorly acted, but that's just me. But I'm glad there's atleast someone from last year's cast that came back :). It was a bit saddening not to see the rest of the cast there (no Elisha :(). I even missed Dennis Haysbert even though I didn't care much for his character. But they replaced him with last year's presidential candidate, so it made things a bit more plausible atleast.

As for the Andrew Paige's character, it's a bit reminiscent of last year's drug-dealing character that they showed in the beginning. Hopefully Jack retrieves his ass. Oh man, I must've taken atleast 5 pee breaks :p.

ryan
10-01-2005, 01:42 PM
i liked it

Jing
10-01-2005, 04:50 PM
holy. it was awesome. i love this show. i've seen every season.
i wish they kept more characters though. i really liked president palmer.
oh and andrew paige bothers me. he's too....squeeky voiced...

bruman
10-01-2005, 05:02 PM
i have all seasons on dvd
i can't see the new episodes cos i live in europe
so
does someone have recorded it? and could send it via mirc to me? :p

Kelsey
10-01-2005, 10:03 PM
Yeah...Andrew Paige is like that one kid from the beginning of last season, and once again there is an ethnic family involved that are the bad guys. The show tends to stick to the same formula, but damn it's good.
I just like Chloe better this season, but she's still not my favorite or anything (I miss Tony and Michelle!) Michelle was the perfect character for that show, besides Jack.
Anyways, what do you think about the scenes for tonight's episode? Do you think Berus is going to kill Debbie?? He probably won't...which is gonna cause great trouble.

ryan
10-01-2005, 10:05 PM
Yeah...Andrew Paige is like that one kid from the beginning of last season, and once again there is an ethnic family involved that are the bad guys. The show tends to stick to the same formula, but damn it's good.
I just like Chloe better this season, but she's still not my favorite or anything (I miss Tony and Michelle!) Michelle was the perfect character for that show, besides Jack.
Anyways, what do you think about the scenes for tonight's episode? Do you think Berus is going to kill Debbie?? He probably won't...which is gonna cause great trouble.

you and your michelle obsession. :err:

Renegade
10-01-2005, 11:32 PM

I have this underlying suspicion he's gonna turn the gun around on his mother.

Kelsey
11-01-2005, 12:10 AM
Heh, well she is only a guest star. But I think maybe he would turn the gun on his father before his mother, although, that is being said before she tells him to go shoot his girlfriend. And Ryan, I'm not obsessed with Michelle. She was my favorite character because she and I are very similar (except, of course, that she is fictional).

ryan
11-01-2005, 12:12 AM
Heh, well she is only a guest star. But I think maybe he would turn the gun on his father before his mother, although, that is being said before she tells him to go shoot his girlfriend. And Ryan, I'm not obsessed with Michelle. She was my favorite character because she and I are very similar (except, of course, that she is fictional).

i see.

well, 24's on. time to watch.

Elijahfan
12-01-2005, 04:51 AM
i've been briefly watching 24 over the last 3 seasons, about 5 mins of every episode but spread out over the episode, so i get the main points. i was never really into the characters before but since sunday nite when fox played 2 new episodes and then 2 more on monday ive been hooked, so i'll probably finish the season off. it's kinda hard to schedule time for me to watch it when they just suddenly decide to play 2 episodes, since they only have so much time left, anyone else with that problem?

anyway i'm also hooked on desperate housewives, lost, and and alias (but my damn VCR wont let me play my tape of the season preimere of alias and the lost episode from that day)

Mags
12-01-2005, 05:04 AM
um...there might be *cough* other ways for you to get it Elijah Fan.

why don't you IM me.

Magzah84.

So...24. How was the premiere?

Kelsey
13-01-2005, 02:28 AM
Super fantastic. I can't wait for next Monday, but since it's Wednesday, I've been thinking about tonight's Alias all day.

ryan
13-01-2005, 02:38 AM
Alias was good.

Elijahfan
14-01-2005, 02:18 AM
yes i will IM you mags... cus now i'm completely confused about the 3rd episode.

back on topic, what do other people think will happen to the terrorist's kid, sorry i dont know any of the names, since the mom had to kill the girlfriend?

Jing
14-01-2005, 05:47 AM
i think berus is going to snap on his parents any minute now...

Renegade
16-01-2005, 02:39 AM
I have this underlying suspicion he's gonna turn the gun around on his mother.

I was close :(. For a minute there, I thought he was gonna go through with it.

And is it just me or does Berus' father have impeccable English? He almost seems too American.

Kelsey
16-01-2005, 04:38 AM
Yeah, especially for only living here for...what did he say?...five years? I noticed that too. Hmm, Renegade, first we both noticed the awkward scene in "In Good Company" and now the creepy father's suspiciously good english on "24." Great minds think alike, eh?

I work Monday night....I can't believe it! I won't be able to watch it, unless it's unbelievably slow at work, which I highly doubt.

Renegade
16-01-2005, 04:49 AM
Yeah, especially for only living here for...what did he say?...five years? I noticed that too. Hmm, Renegade, first we both noticed the awkward scene in "In Good Company" and now the creepy father's suspiciously good english on "24." Great minds think alike, eh?

I work Monday night....I can't believe it! I won't be able to watch it, unless it's unbelievably slow at work, which I highly doubt.

Heh, it's a California thing ;).

Argh, work sucks. Record it :D.

bruman
21-01-2005, 09:41 PM
mm
whatched the first episode
tought it wasn't as good as serie 3
but still :)

Kelsey
21-01-2005, 10:14 PM
It's still early. In a few episodes, it will be completely addictive.

Renegade
22-01-2005, 12:13 AM
It's still early. In a few episodes, it will be completely addictive.

Especially the next one. It looks to be the most action-packed episode of the season so far.

Renegade
01-02-2005, 05:42 AM
Wow, Tony came back. I thought it'd be Michelle cus Kelsey mentioned something about her guest-starring, but I guess not.

bruman
01-02-2005, 02:59 PM
mm
we in belgium can win a ticket to meet the studios and play as a figurant in an episode

i really really hope i can answer the question and win it :D