PDA

View Full Version : Tips For 2005

Andrew
08-01-2005, 01:08 AM
What are you predicting the highlights of 2005 to be?(just so you can say I told you so later)

You can tell us your tips for who and what is going to make it big in 2005 from pretty much anything.

My choice of bands to look out for in 2005:
- Kaiser chiefs, they are a British band and from what I've heard so far they are quite catchy and are set to release there first album this year.
- The Bravery, I haven't heard much from them but from what I have they sound similar to The Strokes and sound good.
- Bloc Party, sound like alot of British bands that came through this year so more of the same and should see some success.

Coldplay and Oasis are also making returns with their new albums and with fingers crossed The Libertines will hopefully reform

Films of 2005:
- Cars, it is the next film from pixar but I don't no whether it will be as good as their previous films but they haven't let me down yet.
- Charlie and the Chocolate factory, has alot to live up to as it will be compared with the original but with Tim Burton and Johnny Depp teaming up again I'm sure it will be a good film.
- Batman begins, I look forward to seeing it and the cast list doesn't seem too bad but I don't expect it to be a classic.

There is also the new Star Wars film but I haven't really got high hopes for that, also the Team America:World Police film looks quite funny and lets not forget the films that Keira Knightley is starring in.

So what are your tips for 2005?

Scott
08-01-2005, 02:38 AM
Melbourne Demons, AFL Premiers for 2005

Jacoby
08-01-2005, 02:58 AM
- Bloc Party, sound like alot of British bands that came through this year so more of the same and should see some success.

Bloc Party is already slightly popular. I found the Banquent video online and loved it, so I got the other songs. The man has a great voice.

I think the Red Sox might actually take it this year!
This is the year I fall in love. My prediction is when I go off to college, but we'll just have to see.
Here's hoping Charlie Kaufman puts out another film this year.

Renegade
08-01-2005, 04:24 AM
'05 is definitely Keira's year to prove she has Hollywood staying power. Last year was a bust for her seeing as King Arthur was a huge flop. She has 2 (or 3?) films coming out in '05 so this is her year.

It's also a big year for George Lucas with Episode III. It's his last chance to prove his not-so-spectacular prequels actually deserve to bear the name Star Wars.

Mags
08-01-2005, 04:45 AM
I predict Haz will "rise" 4 more times in 2005, and will be "forced to leave" the same number of times. Then, he'll come back one more time, make a pompous "apology" and "leave" again.

heh.

Oh, and the world will realize that Damien Rice needs to be knighted or something. That man rocks my socks off.

Liam
08-01-2005, 05:35 AM
1. Metallica will release another shitty album.
2. I'll be forced to survive on bread and biscuit crumbs thrown to me by passers-by in a Dutch park after failing to learn the language and hold a steady job.
3. I'll get my bokken back from Cliff at KKW BBQ 2.0.
4. Aliens will steal all our argon, rendering gas shielded welders useless worldwide.
5. The sea level will actually fall by 18 feet, confounding scientists. The cause: Australian farmers and desalination plants.
6. The Dockers will win the grand final.

Kelsey
08-01-2005, 06:00 AM
BTW, to whoever said it, "Cars" got pushed back until 2006.

meegaan1
08-01-2005, 08:04 AM
Almost ashamed to say it, But Backstreet Boys are supposed to come out with a new album.

Leonie
08-01-2005, 08:07 AM
Almost ashamed to say it, But Backstreet Boys are supposed to come out with a new album.

Thanks for the warning. I'll be sure to hide and listen to lots of Muse.

:icon_razz

deviljet88
08-01-2005, 12:11 PM
Melbourne Demons, AFL Premiers for 2005
No way. I support the Bombers but I don't think they've got a chance this year... Going for a... Port back to back.

FooTM
08-01-2005, 12:25 PM
Manchester United for Champions League, FA Cup, Carling Cup and Premiership.

Andrew
08-01-2005, 01:45 PM
Manchester United for Champions League, FA Cup, Carling Cup and Premiership.
Its good to see you have a sense of humour, they might end up with the Carling Cup if their lucky. :)

PhoeniX
08-01-2005, 02:56 PM
I reckon Norwich will get through to the Quarter Finals of the FA Cup and for me to get and A* in my maths modules 1 and 2 and the coursework for them, and England to win the Ashes.

frodo1511
08-01-2005, 06:08 PM
BTW, to whoever said it, "Cars" got pushed back until 2006.

Summer 2006 to be exact.

Movies- Jacket, Domino, really anything with Keira in it:P

Episode III-FINALLY, the world gets to see the true transformation from Anakin Skywalker to Darth Vader.Oh, and Dooku gets decapatated. :)

King Kong-Peter Jackson is directing, Andy Serkis is doing mo-cap. It's based in the 30's like the original, and has Adrien Brody in it. 'Nuff said.

Batman Begins-hopefully a better adaptation of the comic book than the last two.

Cars-It's Pixar. When was their last bad movie?

Pete
08-01-2005, 06:21 PM
I reckon Norwich will get through to the Quarter Finals of the FA Cup and for me to get and A* in my maths modules 1 and 2 and the coursework for them, and England to win the Ashes.

ncfc... heh reckon they would be happy just to stay in the premiership..

MikeKnick04
08-01-2005, 11:20 PM
Yeah, um.. I am gonna try and stay alive, that is good enough for me.
and my future car will be coming out, not to expensive and awesome looking
almost too good for Keira, almost...j/k :kidding:

MikeKnick04's Car {someday} (http://www.autointell.net/nao_companies/general_motors/pontiac/pontiac-soltice-2004/pontiac-solstice-2004.htm)

PhoeniX
09-01-2005, 11:36 AM
ncfc... heh reckon they would be happy just to stay in the premiership..

Yeah I guess, after loosing to West Ham

deviljet88
09-01-2005, 11:43 AM
Australia's going to smash England in the Ashes. Good viewing except the broadcast is going to be on cable, poofter networks.

FooTM
09-01-2005, 12:01 PM
Australia's going to smash England in the Ashes.

You'd think that ;)

deviljet88
09-01-2005, 12:05 PM
You'd think that ;)
Australia's on flying form. Australia have taken down Pakistand and New Zealand in recent months, and we're bound to thrash the West Indies as well. And they've been all white-washes. The team's great and even if one of the player gets injured, we've got enough good players to replace them.

FooTM
09-01-2005, 12:08 PM
I don't know much about englands cricket team, anything with england in it I support

for the lions!

deviljet88
09-01-2005, 12:13 PM
I don't know much about englands cricket team, anything with england in it I support

for the lions!
Well I know the Australian cricket team well enough after watching them thrash other teams on television, so I say meh to your patriotism :D And just because you're playing at home doesn't mean you'll win either :P

Andrew
09-01-2005, 01:32 PM
Well I know the Australian cricket team well enough after watching them thrash other teams on television, so I say meh to your patriotism :D And just because you're playing at home doesn't mean you'll win either :P
England will win the series easily, but you can take some consolation that you will win one of the matches. Be afraid. :)

deviljet88
09-01-2005, 01:52 PM
Fine, I'll shut up in the face of so many Poms, but when we cane your arses, the colony will be laughing.

Liam
10-01-2005, 04:22 AM
England will win the series easily, but you can take some consolation that you will win one of the matches. Be afraid. :)

haha.

You idiot.