PDA

View Full Version : If you're bored...

Richard
07-01-2005, 07:33 PM
These are simply agree or disagree questions, if you wish, say why.

1. Married women should dress differently than single women.
2. It is more acceptable for a man to date or marry someone younger than himself than for a woman to do the same.
3. It is more acceptable for a man to leave a marriage than for a woman to do the same.
4. Married women should not have to work.
5. Parents should dictate most of their children's choices.
6. 40 is too old for a person to start his/her life over.
7. After a husband/wife dies, it is the surviving spouse's duty to carry out the dreams of the deceased.
8. A truly happy marriage can exist.
9. People can learn from observing the mistakes of others.
10. There is a specific way a person should act after the death of a loved one.
11. Sometimes, there are reasons why people should stay in an unhappy relationship.
12. Sometimes, it is important to change your appearance in order to please others.
13. It is ok to judge a public figure without knowing him/her.

Jacoby
07-01-2005, 07:41 PM

2. It is more acceptable for a man to date or marry someone younger than himself than for a woman to do the same.
3. It is more acceptable for a man to leave a marriage than for a woman to do the same.
7. After a husband/wife dies, it is the surviving spouse's duty to carry out the dreams of the deceased.
11. Sometimes, there are reasons why people should stay in an unhappy relationship.
12. Sometimes, it is important to change your appearance in order to please others.

1. In theory, yes. She's not looking anymore.
2. Yes, I'm more exposed to this.
3. Shitty either way.
4. I agree with this unless money is tight for the family.
5. Absolutely yes. Kids are too fucked up and stupid to make their own decisions.
6. Absolutely not, I've seen it done plenty of times and it's nice to see.
7. If they were actually in love, yes. So, yes.
8. If by "truly" you mean completely...No. Impossible.
9. Of course.
10. "As soon as we're born we start dying." Death is a part of life. So, no.
11. Nope, this solves nothing.
12. I'm going to say yes, unfortunately. I had to make myself look like a girl to please Cliff.
13. Not okay, but it's going to happen. Especially if they're a public figure, so yes.

EmotionSickness
07-01-2005, 08:26 PM
1. No. Unless they dressed like a whore, pre-husband.
2. Society will try to tell us this as fact, but it's not. It's equally unacceptable for both sexes. :p
3. No. I'd say it's pretty equal here.
4. Ehh, I dunno. They should work if they want to work. But, yeah. It'd be nice if the man made enough money to support her (what I'm hoping for ... I'm so lazy).
5. Until they're an adult (18+), yes, they should (in most circumstances, anyway).
6. No way.
7. Don't think so. I guess it's up to the deceased and the one left behind. I dunno, this is a weird statement. It completely depends on the people/situation.
8. Duh.
9. I have found this to ring quite true.
10. No, that's ridiculous. People handle their emotions in VERY different ways.
11. YES -- they're called children.
12. No, unless you're extremely slobby and unkempt. Just do everyone a favor.
13. Of course. Not always fair, but it's more than acceptable. That's part of what being in the public eye is all about -- scrutiny.

Edit: Haha, Jake. Compare our answers. We could never be married! :icon_lol:

Liam
07-01-2005, 08:30 PM
12. No, unless you're extremely slobby and unkempt. Just do everyone a favor.

Not on your life.

Jacoby
07-01-2005, 09:30 PM
Edit: Haha, Jake. Compare our answers. We could never be married! :icon_lol:

Well what the fuck am I supposed to do with this ring?

11. YES -- they're called children.

It didn't work at all for my sister and her child. Things didn't start righting themselves until after she got rid of the asshole. Well actually, he left her...for another girl...after they just had a child. And now they're back together. :(

seventhson
07-01-2005, 11:19 PM
1. Married women should dress just the way that pleases themself, & their spouse.
2. As long as the couple is getting married for the right reasons, age difference doesn't matter.
3. It is not acceptable for anyone to leave a marriage for a majority of the reasons society finds acceptable.
4. Married women should not have to work, unless she wants to, and the man's income alone is enough to provide for a lifestyle they are both pleased with.
5. Parents should not dictate most of their children's choices, but lead by examples that will guide the children to make choices in line with the parents' values.
6. I hope 40 is not too old for a person to start his/her life over because mine is a mess & I turned 40 last June.
7. After a husband/wife dies, it is the surviving spouse's duty to carry out the dreams of the deceased IF they shared the same dreams before his/her passing.
8. Yes, a truly happy marriage can exist...I've witnessed a few.
9. Yes, people can learn a little from observing the mistakes of others.
10. There is not a specific way a person "should" act after the death of a loved one because every idividual handles grief differently.
11. Yes, sometimes, there are a few reasons why people should stay in an unhappy relationship.
12. Yes, sometimes, it is important to change your appearance in order to please others depending on the changes & who the "others" are. Going nude to your 3yr old child's birthday party vs other places. but if you're ugly you can't change that.
13. Yes, it is ok to judge a "public" figure without knowing him/her if they made the career choice to enter the "public" life.

MikeKnick04
07-01-2005, 11:50 PM

1. No, women do what they want in the clothing sector.
2. I suppose in society, but I personally always look up to older woman :)
3. Equal Opportunities Here
4. Unless you want less income over lifetime, Married Women should work
5. Yes, unless the kids turn into rebels and the parents into lazy azzes
6. No, a person should do what they want, why shut down their dreams cause of age
7. I don’t know how to answer that one.
8. Yes possible, but today the world is twisted and it doesn’t happen often {if ever}
9. Yes, it’s experience by witnessing
10. A person should do what they feel is right, no social standards apply
11. Yes sometimes, but I’d called that a wasted life, sorry
12. Of course, the world functions by hierarchy and azz kissing, think about HS…hum {but no one has to obey this}
13. Yes, it is impossible to NOT judge someone, however harsh it is

Sidenote:
8. Duh.

Best answer I have seen in a long time ;)

And this questionnaire is too long, no one is gonna read my sh!t, ever! Oh well, I’m bored

Liam
08-01-2005, 12:15 AM
1. What difference does it make? As long as they dress sensibly, cause truth be told slutty clothes are just that: for sluts.
2. No difference. Like seventhson said, as long as its for the right reasons, age makes no difference at all. Within reason, naturally.
3. Its not acceptable for anyone to leave a marriage, unless the marriage was a farce to begin with. Much like Britney Spears. A vow is a vow.
4. Its up to them. I feel that one parent should stay at home with children as childcare is a soft option.
5. Yes, they should. Children arent able to make informed decisions. Look at some of the rot posted on here. I rest my case.
6. Its never too late to start a life over. Fake your own death, dodge the tax office, move to Spain.
7. If said spouse shared similar dreams, then yes. I think its wrong to think, 'you beauty, now that <name> is gone, I can do <activity>'.
8. It can, and it does. Its just that the failed/broken/messy marriages are the ones more widely publicised because, lets face it, it makes better TV and gives the justice system something to do.
9. They can, but more often than not, they don't. If they learned from the mistakes of others, I'd only ever have had to ban one person on here. Instead, I've banned over a dozen.
10. No. Grieving is a personal process.
11. Sometimes, yes. Children would be one. Unfortunately, financial constraints are often another.
12. I trimmed my beard to stop my mother complaining, if that counts.
13. Of course it is. They made the decision to become a public figure. Ridicule away.

frodo1511
08-01-2005, 12:18 AM

1. Yes, their your property, no one else should be looking to buy it.
2.Their both about equal.
3.Again, equal
4.Absolutley not true. Women do all the house work.
5. Damn straight. That's how I'm gonna make my child work(that's what my parents do still)
6. You're never too old to start your life over.
7. Yes, or else they'll haunt you forever(White Noise)
8. Yes
9. True, I see people do crazy shit all the time, and I learn NOT to do it.
10. Depends on who died. Friend/Relative: be sad for two days, move on with your life. Raging homophobe: Piss on their grave.
11. Never. If your unhappy, leave the bitch.
12. No, be who YOU want to be. "Rebel" sums this up nicely.
13. Yes, not like they care. They have boatloads of money, and could pay to see you die in Monaco(or some other small place)

Jacoby
08-01-2005, 02:44 AM
And this questionnaire is too long, no one is gonna read my sh!t, ever! Oh well, I’m bored
Come on with the negative attitude toward reading, Mike. Some people like to read what other people say. I've read all of the replies, and I bet Cliffeh has too ('Member the survey thread, cliff? It was like a fucking novel.)

Okay, this is spam now. I'm sorry, I'm just too lazy to PM Mike.

Scott
08-01-2005, 03:02 AM
1. Nup, people should wear what they're comfortable in
2. Depends on the age difference, it doesn't matter if it's only a few years, but if it's 10, 20, 30 years I disagree.
3. People leave the marriage because they're unhappy. I'm not an expert, but I'll say women get unhappy sometimes.
4. If the household is making enough money, she should work by choice. But if they are struggling to make ends meet, she should try and chip in.
5. They can try, but it won't happen.
6. Age shouldn't be a factor, depends on how ambitious and motivated they are.
7. They can if they want, but they shouldn't feel obligated to.
8. Yep.
9. I can't. I need to take things in, first hand.
10. Nope. My grand-dad died in February '02, and everyone in my family handled it differently.
11. Depends on the circumstances. Let's say if the husband is beating up the wife, she shouldn't have to stay and take it. But if it's over something as trivial as whether one partner should be helping out around the house, you should try and work things out.
12. Yep, sometimes you have to. If you're going for a job interview, you can't go in looking as if you just slept in the dumpster the night before.
13. Of course! If you're in the media, someone is always going to have something to say about you.

meegaan1
08-01-2005, 08:11 AM
1. Yes. I think that they should dress more modestly since they are not available anymore.
2. Yes. Older women marrying younger men make me think of cradle robbers.
3. No. Both genders can leave a marriage if they wish.
4. Maybe. If they choose not to, and their husband is supportive, then they can stay home.
5. No. Parent's should allow kids to make their own choices, but use strong influences on them.
6. No. No matter how old you get, you can always start over.
7. Maybe one or two, but I don't think all of them.
8. No. One of my best friends' parents have a truly happy marriage. I hope I can have a marriage like that.
9. Yes. That way they might be able to avoid that mistake.
10. Yes, at least for a while, or if they wish, forever.
11. If they try to work it out, yes.
12. No. If others can't accept you for who you are, they go do themsleves.
13. Yes. People do it all the time, there's no stopping them anyhow.

DefyingGravity
08-01-2005, 09:08 AM

1. Unless her husband wants to spout out the money for a new wardrobe, no.
2. I would feel weird about dating a younger guy... I think it's more acceptable for men to date younger girls.
3. Depends on if there are children involved.
4. Unless money's tight, I don't see the point.
5. Unless their children are purposefully screwing up, then no.
6. No, it's happened.
7. Depends on the dream.
8. Sure!
9. Usually. I've done that a few times.
10. That depends on the previous relationship.
11. No. Not even for children. My parents made this mistake, and when I was five years old, I would think "Just hurry up and get divorced already."
12. Of course... as sad as it is I have to admit that I have joyfully done this a few times.
13. Not okay, but everyone does it.

deviljet88
08-01-2005, 12:04 PM

1. No, as my female cousin put it to her friend, you need to get the men to realise that they've got someone that other people wouldn't mind having.
2. No, Mick Jagger and Demi Moore both get publicity.
3. No, domestic violence is common in some places and women leaving seems logical.
4. They can if they want. I know some who regret leaving their careers behind when they marry.
5. I'm 14, so no.
6. Win the Tattslotto at 40, then jetset around the world.
7. Depends on dream I'd guess, but an effort wouldn't be too asking.
8. Yep.
9. Yes, I've learnt not to walk under ladders.
10. Well if its immediately after, I guess you can't be too buoyant. If the buoyancy isn't for show, well you didn't love them that much to let them go that easily.
11. Yes. Some depend on each other for economic reasons, disabilities, etc etc.
12. Yes, peer pressure sucks, but you have to bend once in a while. Not like I'm going to wear ripped shirts and jeans to my first job interview.
13. Yes. Fuck you George Bush.

Richard
08-01-2005, 05:41 PM
Come on with the negative attitude toward reading, Mike. Some people like to read what other people say.

I read them, except Frodo's.

frodo1511
08-01-2005, 05:59 PM
I read them, except Frodo's.

+20 thunderbolt-
DIE!!!

Spire
09-01-2005, 06:55 AM

1. How did she dress before?
2. Yes. Women who do that are instantly labeled "gold diggers" and "hootinany skank ho bitch sluts". Or so I've heard.
3. Not really.
4. No.
5. Yes.
6. No.
7. Pfftt, heck no.
8. Of course.
9. Yes.
10. No.
11. If Godzilla demands it, then I obey.
12. No.
13. Hell yes.

hasselbrad
10-01-2005, 01:31 PM
Of course! Matronly dresses that hit mid-calf are preferred.
Silly. Men should always date younger, prettier women. No sense in saddling yourself with some wrinkly old prune...unless of course, she's loaded.
Women should do as Tammy Wynette said, and "Stand By Their Man". Men, however must be allowed to leave if the missus lets herself go.
A spotless home, the children fed and cleaned, a roast in the oven and a bourbon on the rocks in my hand when I return home should keep her more than occupied.
But, of course. You live under my roof, eat my food, you live by my rules!
Boy I hope not. I should be on wife #3 and job #7 at that point.
And, she should remain chaste until her own death. If the wife dies first, it is the husband's duty to bang as many Hooters waitresses as possible.
See #4
Sadly, people need to learn as painfully as possible. Why do you think they give out Darwin Awards?
Black clothes for a month, and the revenge killing of the individual responsible.
Only if the sex is really good.
Duh. Why do you think God invented plastic surgery?
Yes...because they are all liars.
:icon_wink

SimplyKnightley
11-01-2005, 02:13 AM
i say single women should dress differently from married women so they don't stay single no more.
yeah there is less social stigma. but i like to believe love transcends age barrier.
i do not think so. anyone, man or woman who is unhappy in a marriage without hope of any salvation should leave the hell hole.
wrong! not all women relish the stay-home lifestyle of mundane chores and baby-sitting. they could kick some corporate butt if they want to.
parents should guide, not dictate. unless u wanna raise bitter, depressive kids.
late is better than never.
After a husband/wife dies, it is the surviving spouse's duty to carry out the dreams of the deceased.
depending on that the dream is n whether it is feasible and meaningful.
yes, why ever not? my glass is half full.
of cos, why reinvent the wheel?
this question is not specific enuff. but everyone has their own method of dealing with death, as long as they can move forward eventually.
yes, but there could be more reasons why one shouldn't.
sometimes it is impt to keep an open mind about things that could change your life for the better.
yes, heck for the fun of it. being public entails such crap.

marine
18-01-2005, 04:49 PM

1. they already have the ring, outfit doesn't matter
2. unless the age of difference makes the relationship immoral (12/25 for ex),
who cares
3. bullshit ( can I say that ?)
4. only if it's HER choice and tha the family can live off one paycheck,
moreover the same rule occurs for the father. If the woman is fulfilled by
her work, let her
5. hell no sometimes parents are children themselves
6. nonsense, you're not dead at 40 are you ?
7. if he/she does it by love yes, I'm not sure its an onligation though
8. yes, of course, until they start hating each over and get a divorce
(am I being ironic ?)
9. true, but nothing as to learn from your own mistakes. ( coz sometimes I
tend to think that it won't happen to me, I'm better than that and all other
kind of bullshit)
10. no, nobody suffers the same way
11. no, esp not for the sake of their children as unhappy parents=
unhappy children ( I know that)
12. no, or yes but not always, it depends of the occasion but not 24/7
13. well I'm against the principle

Michelle
21-01-2005, 03:32 AM

1. Um, no. Dress however the hell you want.
2. In general yes, but I personally think it should be equal on both parts.
3. Hell no. I might even say the other way around, but not quite...
4. Not necessarily. If that's what they want, sure. The only time they shouldn't work is when they have a toddler.
5. "Dictate" is such a strong word. So no, not dictate, GUIDE maybe but not dictate.
6. No way. Well, it also depends what they plan on doing.
7. No, but I'm not saying they shouldn't care for them. At the risk of sounding insensitive, life goes on.
8. Abso-fucking-lutely.
9. Yes, but not always.
10. No...there's never a specific way for someone to react, because sooner or later, it's gonna come out.
11. I can't think of a situation, so I'm saying no.
12. It depends. When it comes to the work place, religion and respect of other people's culture, sure. But other than that, no.
13. It's never "okay" to judge, but we do it anyway.

Zavender
21-01-2005, 08:21 AM
I'd let them dress how they want to.
No, it should be equal.
Again, it should be equal.
If need be, women should work. If I manage to make enough, then I'd let her choose.
Steadily decrease as the years pass, as long as the child doesn't drop the ball.
I'd say 40s the latest, after that it's kind of stretching.
Only if it was a combined dream.
Yes.
Yes. That's where I learned a lot of what I do.
No, everyone is different.
Sometimes, but I wouldn't recomend staying forever.
Sometimes, if the apperance is innapropriate.
Yes, although I try to learn as much before I jump on them.