PDA

View Full Version : New_Year_Resolutions

seventhson
31-12-2004, 02:18 PM
Every new year, many people resolve to start or stop certain behavior or activities. I quit smoking 4 years ago, quit drinking 6 years ago and started eating healthier foods last summer, none of which were related to any New Year's resolutions. Since I have fewer bad habits to give up, I will do my best to start doing something positive. This year, I resolve to do more to raise the awareness of, raise more funds to assist and do more direct assistance of and for my homeless neighbors, here in my southeastern Texas community. "Hands on" help for the homeless.

Can you recall previous resolutions, failed or resolved, of your own?
Do you have any resolutions to make for 2005?

HAPPY NEW YEAR!

(-: SeventhSon :-)

Sarah
31-12-2004, 02:24 PM
Lose Weight.

PhoeniX
31-12-2004, 02:52 PM
Work harder at school, I think i'm gonna get a U in my Maths module as we get the results back sometime in January

Narg
31-12-2004, 03:16 PM
Eat more balls LOL.LS.

Jacoby
31-12-2004, 04:11 PM
I think I might give up not having sex.

ryan
31-12-2004, 05:18 PM
I think I might give up not having sex.
rofl.

i remember having that one.

all in good time, though.

Richard
31-12-2004, 06:09 PM
Get at least a 4 digit number on my SATs.

FooTM
31-12-2004, 06:11 PM
Earn lots of money.

Liam
31-12-2004, 09:49 PM
Start teh Cliff-diet and stick to it.

Edit: Obtain some level of fluency in Dutch. At present I'm at a level of 'fluency' where I can come up with amusing phrases, but thats about it.

Edit 2: Twat a certain ex-community member about the head with a nine iron. No prize for guessing who :p

JackYang
31-12-2004, 10:22 PM
1) Be in a stable relationship with a decent girl.
2) Work harder in school.
3) Do more weight training until I'm really built.

Kelsey
31-12-2004, 10:30 PM
(1) Lose 10 pounds and get down to 100. Stupid Gisele.
(2) Stop picking at my fingernails/quit other nervous habits (which I've resolved to stop every year since 4th grade.
(3) Sell a screenplay.
(4) Progress in French.
And others I can't say.

Richard, good luck with the whole SAT thing. Memorize vocab...my score went up 120 points just from memorizing 1'000 vocab words.

marry rich people
31-12-2004, 10:50 PM
Finally give the Mafia that money I owe them.

acliff
31-12-2004, 11:27 PM
1) Get to competition weight by easter.
2) Get Black belt in taekwondo by christmas
3) Get gold in national competition (any time during the year)
4) Manage my time more efficiently, and minimise the amount of time I spend looking gormlessly at a computer screen.

I will probably use a form of bribery to convince myself to do these things. What can I say, I'm shallow.

duckula
01-01-2005, 12:14 AM
1) Less depressed.
2) More work.

ryan
01-01-2005, 01:39 AM
i have but one this year

a good relationship

deviljet88
01-01-2005, 01:43 AM
Where's Meggie?

Study harder for exams.

ryan
01-01-2005, 01:56 AM
Where's Meggie?

Study harder for exams.

meghan, you mean?

Melvin
01-01-2005, 02:11 AM
1) Getting a job abroad.
2) A stable relationship.
3) Getting laid (preferably with the object of number 2).
4) Be positive, proactive, optimistic, but realistic too. Be less depressed.
5) Stop being so lazy and procrastinating.

And I really need to keep all 5 this year.

deviljet88
01-01-2005, 03:23 AM
meghan, you mean?
Of course, I thought you'd have another ramble about relationships after your post. Guess not.

SimplyKnightley
01-01-2005, 06:20 AM
1. be more organized in my life which translates to better financial management and making more constructive use of my time

2. be more proactive in expanding my social circle which translates to knowing more potential guys to find the ultimate BF (i'm sick of my grandma's nagging. she thinks there is something wrong with me)

3. be more involved in voluntary work and in my religious society

4. read more. knowledge is power. oh yah, and start exercising. i am starting to feel unattractive.

5. treat people better, especially my loved ones and friends. life is impermanent so who knows what might happen tomorrow.

EmotionSickness
01-01-2005, 07:26 AM
1) Get my ass back to school.
2) Get a new beau. Or the old one back. I don't care. I need a male companion.
3) Spend less time with the people at Cracker Barrel and more time with my real friends.

Kelsey: 100 pounds? Jesus, how tall are you? Any taller than 5'2'' and it looks like you've got a bigger problem on your hands. :icon_err:

ryan
01-01-2005, 03:18 PM
2) Get a new beau. Or the old one back. I don't care. I need a male companion.

*clears throat*

hi :p

ryan
01-01-2005, 03:26 PM
Of course, I thought you'd have another ramble about relationships after your post. Guess not.

my relationship rambles and her aren't related.

Jacoby
01-01-2005, 03:38 PM
They seem to involve her, Ryan. *shrug*

My real New Year resolution is to actually finish the stories I start writing. I have about 10 short stories on my computer which are just character introduction and then I quit before I actually write what I want to. I need to stop doing that.

ryan
01-01-2005, 03:48 PM
They seem to involve her, Ryan. *shrug*

My real New Year resolution is to actually finish the stories I start writing. I have about 10 short stories on my computer which are just character introduction and then I quit before I actually write what I want to. I need to stop doing that.

misconception, then. they do not.

Leonie
01-01-2005, 04:27 PM
1. Start doing work for uni, as I could do much better than last semester.
2. Start doing sports again. I love sports, yet I'm being ├╝berlazy now. How... stupid.
3. Get less clumsy. Useful, yet impossible.

acliff
01-01-2005, 04:59 PM
misconception, then. they do not.

Heres a resolution for you:
1) Become less defensive.

ryan
01-01-2005, 05:30 PM

not being defensive, only stating facts. :p

Laura
01-01-2005, 07:04 PM
1) Work harder at uni
2) Go to the Gym more often

MeggieHoops
01-01-2005, 07:35 PM

He wasn't being defensive. He and I didn't have, don't have, and never will have a relationship.

*Shrug* Just the facts, Cliffy.

MikeKnick04
01-01-2005, 10:24 PM
Good Topic-{i guess}
humm... resolutions

#1-Stop Messing Around on Celebrity Forums...working on it...
#2-Open My Mind and Discover More Girls...tough one...
#3-Lift Weights Everyday...1 down...364 to go...
#4-Meet Keira Knightley...(lmao)...ah ha ha ha ha ha ha {see?}
#5-Start a new Activity...like fencing:fencing:...no seriously on that... maybe
#6-Enjoy Life One Day At a Time...cliche..bullsh*t...[i do what i can]
#7-Get an Internship at a big Comp. for the Summer, and apply for Study Abroad in the Fall, and make a decision whether to quit athletic sport, and get a decent job during the school year instead, and try out for the football team, and that is about it, [i figure no is going to read this sh*t anyway :P]

Peace & Love

Happy New Year!
PS-Live to see 2006 ;) :icon_err:

MeggieHoops
01-01-2005, 11:08 PM
Ok, New Year's resolutions.

1. Cut back on all my bad habits - including smoking and biting the cuticles around my nails.
2. Be a more trustworthy friend.
3. Make a relationship last for longer than 5 months and really be able to commit to someone without freaking out and getting scared.
4. Gain 10lbs. Apparently I should weigh between 130-147lbs (although I think 147 would be pushing it ALOT) and I only weigh like 115. I've lost alot of weight this year and I'd like to gain it back.
5. Stop being so damn obsessive about certain people/things.
6. Cut back on my bitchyness and try to let people see my sweeter side more. :) Cause there really is one, I swear.
7. Be a bit more frugal and spend less money on clothes.
8. Finally get up the courage to tell my roommate's boyfriend that he needs to get the fuck out of my apartment.
9. Start taking my friend's opinions more seriously. I tend to blow them off sometimes, even when I know their advice is prob. right.
10. Meet Sarah Jessica Parker <3 (Haha I just really couldn't think of a meaningful 10th one...but I do actually want to meet her...she's fabulous!)

acliff
01-01-2005, 11:39 PM
He wasn't being defensive. He and I didn't have, don't have, and never will have a relationship.

*Shrug* Just the facts, Cliffy.

Ahhh I didn't realise Ryan needed any help...
He's not defensive because he has a team to do it for him.
I wants me one of those.

Scott
02-01-2005, 12:30 AM
Stop smoking pot

ryan
02-01-2005, 01:02 AM
Ok, New Year's resolutions.

1. Cut back on all my bad habits - including smoking and biting the cuticles around my nails.
2. Be a more trustworthy friend.
3. Make a relationship last for longer than 5 months and really be able to commit to someone without freaking out and getting scared.
4. Gain 10lbs. Apparently I should weigh between 130-147lbs (although I think 147 would be pushing it ALOT) and I only weigh like 115. I've lost alot of weight this year and I'd like to gain it back.
5. Stop being so damn obsessive about certain people/things.
6. Cut back on my bitchyness and try to let people see my sweeter side more. :) Cause there really is one, I swear.
7. Be a bit more frugal and spend less money on clothes.
8. Finally get up the courage to tell my roommate's boyfriend that he needs to get the fuck out of my apartment.
9. Start taking my friend's opinions more seriously. I tend to blow them off sometimes, even when I know their advice is prob. right.
10. Meet Sarah Jessica Parker <3 (Haha I just really couldn't think of a meaningful 10th one...but I do actually want to meet her...she's fabulous!)

damn, that's a lot of goals. :p

MeggieHoops
02-01-2005, 01:12 AM
damn, that's a lot of goals. :p

And I'll do them all, thank you very much. :) Just watch.

duckula
02-01-2005, 01:15 AM
One more coy quote response post by either one of you two is going to result in a three day ban for both of you.

ryan
02-01-2005, 01:23 AM
One more coy quote response post by either one of you two is going to result in a three day ban for both of you.

fuck off and get off the high horse. no one's being coy.

it's not like the forums so busy that added posts really put a strain on anything. if anything, it's more for regulars to read.

CFC
02-01-2005, 02:11 AM
To not have one.

Narg
02-01-2005, 09:26 AM
1 - Get a better job.
2 - Save 10,000 dollars.
3 - Buy Nissan Silvia S13 SR20DET
4 - Mod it
5 - Drive it
6 - Upgrade Computer
7 - Road Trip to Melbourne with friends.

acliff
02-01-2005, 09:26 AM

it's not like the forums so busy that added posts really put a strain on anything. if anything, it's more for regulars to read.

Regardless of how valuable you think your posts are to the life and continuity of this forum, we're not taking your bullshit. Duckula isn't awake yet, so I've taken it upon myself to ban you. See you in 3.

duckula
02-01-2005, 09:39 AM

It may not strain anything but it does bore the shit out of me.

Edit: Thanks Cliff.

Renegade
03-01-2005, 01:04 AM
My new year's resolution is to take more chances socially (yeah I need a girl) and watching more indie films.

seitanic
03-01-2005, 02:14 AM
I generally think that new years resolutions are pointless but I should probably smoke less and stop being a total recluse.

Scott
03-01-2005, 08:47 AM
Stop smoking pot

It's only the 3rd and my NY's resolution is over. Time to go to plan B and apply myself at school this year.