PDA

View Full Version : Diet Coke Commercial

Jasper
27-12-2004, 04:16 AM
A little while ago I saw a diet coke commercial with the guy from The Piano or whatever (dude with the huge nose). I thought it was the dumbest fucking thing. It had all these bubbles bouncing around and it was trying to make diet coke seem hip.

Well... tonight I saw a new diet coke commercial. Which basically consisted of Kate Beckinsale walking around in a bikini at the pool.

Point of this thread?

Diet Coke is god.

Kelsey
27-12-2004, 04:22 AM
Diet Coke sucks and those commercials have been around for months now. I like the Kate Beckinsale one.

Ashley
27-12-2004, 04:23 AM
1. Adrien Brody is really hot... big nose and all.

2. The commercials are really dumb.

3. Diet Coke tastes horrid.

frodo1511
27-12-2004, 04:25 AM
I do like both actors(Kate Beckinsale because she's HOT, Adrien Brody because he was amazing in the Pianist, the Village, and hopefully the Jacket). the Kate Beckinsale commercial is holy, while I laugh with Adrien in his commercial. Diet Coke dosen't have that bad of a taste to it, though I do prefer the likes of Barq's Root Beer:)

SimplyKnightley
27-12-2004, 04:42 AM
diet coke is an acquired taste

EmotionSickness
27-12-2004, 05:38 AM
A little while ago I saw a diet coke commercial with the guy from The Piano or whatever

Harvey Keitel? :icon_lol:

Yeah, Diet Coke tastes like ass. Put a little Angostura Bitters in it and it tastes a hell of a lot better. Kate Beckinsale's a huge Hollywood phony, but she's kinda pretty (she used to be prettier). Give me back the English Rose, please.

<3 Adrien

Ashley
27-12-2004, 05:42 AM
How do you know what ass tastes like? Sorry couldn't resist.
I don't see how Beckinsale is a phoney. Truth be tld I've only seen 3 of her movies and all older ones. Pearl Harbor, Serendipity and Brokedown Palace. English Rose... isn't that Kate Winslet?

EmotionSickness
27-12-2004, 06:07 AM
It's a turn of phrase.

Re: the English Rose ... I suppose it could be Kate Winslet as well -- she's a far superior actress. Kate Beckinsale used to be a decent actress (and beautiful to boot), but once she "made it" over here in the States, she kinda sold out, I think. Started making a lot of shit movies and changing her looks to be more American, it would seem. And her Pearl Harbor/Serendipity days ... I would exactly call those her "older movies". Try Much Ado About Nothing or Uncovered.

Of course, this is just one person's opinion, but I know a lot of people (English people, especially) think she's a total sell-out.

Compare:

http://www.kbeckinsale.net/gallery/albums/movies/muchadoaboutnothing/stills/004.jpg
http://www.kbeckinsale.net/gallery/albums/movies/muchadoaboutnothing/stills/005.jpg

http://www.kbeckinsale.net/gallery/albums/photoshoots/dietcoke/01.jpg
http://www.kbeckinsale.net/gallery/albums/photoshoots/jameswhite-glamour/001.jpg

Call me crazy, but I liked her a lot better before.

Jacoby
27-12-2004, 06:45 AM
Adrien Brody. What a gangsta?

I kind of like the taste of Diet Coke. We never usually have soda so me takes whatever me gets me hands on. I prefer Sierra Mist, though. :)

Whoa, Kate Beckinsale was pretty? Weird.

Ashley
27-12-2004, 07:05 AM
Brokedown Palace wasn't a sell out movie. It was more art than her recent ones. Pearl Harbor is the sell out point. Seredipity was just good fun. But Brokedown Palace would be her best. I'm really not enough of a fan to go out and watch her old stuff.

And the English Rose phrase, I meanly said it because I've only heard Winslet called that. But I'm from Kansas, what do I know?

Narg
27-12-2004, 07:53 AM
Call me crazy, but I liked her a lot better before.

You, are crazy. :P

DefyingGravity
27-12-2004, 08:26 AM
Kate Beckinsale is hot in leather.

deviljet88
27-12-2004, 10:13 AM
Sounds like a cool ad (the Beckinsale one, don't care about Brody), wonder if they'll import it. I can stand Diet or normal Coke, not that much of a difference to me.

Narg
27-12-2004, 12:09 PM
large difference to me, but i like them both.

CFC
27-12-2004, 01:33 PM
I have not seen this Kate Beckinsale commercial you are talking about.

Melvin
27-12-2004, 02:55 PM
I hope we see this Kate Beckinsale ad in England, it sounds great :D

Diet coke, however, I'm not such a big fan. With lemon it's ok, but I think generally it tastes like water.

But back to Kate Beckinsale, I actually prefer her new look, and I'm with Narg, Emotionsickness is crazy :p Also agree with whoever said that Kate looks great in leather.

Kelsey
27-12-2004, 04:24 PM
How can Kate Beckinsale be a phony? I adore her though, I think she's cool and gorgeous. I think she has so much potential as an actress, and Hollywood keeps giving her chances....I'm waiting for that role where she just blows everyone away. She was pretty good in the Avator, but not like spine chilling-ly good....on the other hand, no one was and that movie was incredibly overrated.

duckula
27-12-2004, 05:55 PM
How can Kate Beckinsale be a phony?

Not all of her, just her breasts.

Ashley
27-12-2004, 06:35 PM
Sell-out or not, if you were in her position where a big holloywood movie comes along and wants you to be in it, opening the doors for other big movies and big money, I think we'd all take it. So she's not doing period dramas anymore... boo hoo. The talent portion has yet to be proven though.

Richard
27-12-2004, 07:11 PM
Kate's good. Her breasts are an addition. And she's even better in leather.

The coke commercial for those who are unfortunate.

http://www.kbeckinsale.net/video.php

EDIT : Oh, I've never drank Diet Coke.

acliff
27-12-2004, 07:12 PM
Kate Beckinsale is very attractive.
In my opinion she's not a sell out until she does playboy.
And even then I'm sure I won't be the only one not complaining.

I say good on her for taking the opportunities she has been given to climb the ranks of hollywood. If she hadn't, some might call her 'staying true to her roots', I would say, poor and stupid.

Melvin
27-12-2004, 08:32 PM
Can't agree more with a single word Acliff said.

Thanks for the ad Richard. As for the leather, I think that's pretty unanimous.

EmotionSickness
28-12-2004, 01:03 AM
Ha, I knew this was gonna happen. I didn't mean to offend all of the die-hard Kate fans, I just don't really like her anymore, personally. In MY opinion, she was much more beautiful and natural-looking before. Truth be told, I've never really found her to be exceedingly talented in the acting department (even in the shining small film Laurel Canyon, I found her performance rather forgettable). I thought she was very bland in The Aviator (and pretty much everything else I've seen her in). She just doesn't impress me, period. As far as her looks go ... I'm not saying she is BY ANY MEANS unattractive now. That would be stupid to say such a thing. She's still beautiful, but a very different kind of beautiful now -- a kind of beautiful I find somewhat "fake", or just really contrived, rather. I hate her with blonde hair and those fake-looking breasts and the obvious spray-on tan. It just doesn't look natural (or good) to me.

It's just a matter of personal taste, I guess. That's all.

acliff
28-12-2004, 07:16 AM
They're fake looking because they are fake dear :P Which you can tell immediately, but was fairly good work by the surgeon.
I was never a particular fan of her as an actress, it was always on an aethetic level, so it doesn't bother me too much that her acting has gone downhill.
And I haven't acknowledged your rereturn yet ES, so Hi!

Kelsey
28-12-2004, 05:55 PM
I don't think they're fake.

Melvin
28-12-2004, 06:44 PM
Neither do I actually. However that could be wishful thinking on my part.

CFC
28-12-2004, 07:09 PM
Fake or not.

She looks good.

acliff
28-12-2004, 10:50 PM
I don't think they're fake.

If you compare before and after pics, you'll find that there is no doubt in the matter. Could be excellent bra work, but recent pictures in arena in semi transparent dresses suggest otherwise.

Kelsey
28-12-2004, 11:19 PM
Well, I don't study them, and don't plan on doing so either. I'd like to believe they aren't though, and that she wouldn't stoop to that level.

frodo1511
29-12-2004, 12:19 AM
Well, I don't study them, and don't plan on doing so either. I'd like to believe they aren't though, and that she wouldn't stoop to that level.

Yeah, my opinion on implants is that the girl is not happy with the way she looks, and Kate looked beautiful BEFORE her implants. What a shame.

deviljet88
29-12-2004, 01:29 AM
Ooo, thanks Richard, that is one shit ad. I think I'd get sick of it even with Kate in it, irritating music plus wtf, bubbles going everywhere.

Narg
29-12-2004, 02:59 AM
Jet prefers half naked men surfing and slamming down coke. :icon_err:

Kates breasts arent fake, they look it, but there not. :/.

Jacoby
29-12-2004, 03:02 AM
Her breasts just look different. I don't think they're fake. They look soft and natural in the early pictures, but no so much in the latter ones.

EmotionSickness
29-12-2004, 04:44 AM
They don't look very natural to me, either. See http://www.awfulplasticsurgery.com/archives/003633.html (here) -- and don't go by what the website says, just use your eyeballs. Real breasts of that size don't sit on the chest like that. They're not supposed to, anyway.

acliff
29-12-2004, 07:03 AM
Her breasts just look different. I don't think they're fake. They look soft and natural in the early pictures, but no so much in the latter ones.

Heh... so does the fact that they look different (larger, fuller, firmer, more rigid) suggest that shes done something to them? Regardless of whether its surgery or not, they are different. And where do people in Hollywood go when the want to look different?
Another reason is that when something changes for the better, then its usually out of choice. Unless every suddenly larger breasted woman is just very (breaking past physiological barriers too) lucky.