PDA

View Full Version : What has Keira done for people to hate her?

Kyle_West
03-07-2004, 02:45 PM
It seems everywhere I go on the interent there is someone that says "I really hate keira knightley."

When someone menchioned King Arthur on a website and asked if they're interested, they responded "I would go see it if Keira Knightley weren't in it, I hate her."

Or many other times that people say she sucks and to hell with her. There is no way I'm the only person that sees these things. It doesn't make any sence to me. How is she a hate-a-able person? She seems to have a great personality, she is a good actress (amazing for 19 years old), as so many of you put so many times "She is hot". Any ideas? How can yo hate someone that you will probably never meet? You judge them by the role she is playing? Thats utterly ridiculous. Thoughts?

Narg
03-07-2004, 02:54 PM
no idea there... she seems nice enough.. how can u hate someone u dont even know.. thats just pathetic.

Anna
03-07-2004, 03:02 PM
All celebrities have people who hate them and have never met them. I'm not sure why, although sometimes I think that hate is really concealing an obsessive hero-worship of the celebrity that the person is embarassed about or something. Creepy.

And sometimes the person was a huge fan of the cleb, thought s/he was perfect etc., and then the celebrity did something that wasn't perfect (i.e. human), and that shattered the illusion for the fan. So then the person hates him or her for not being perfect. I've met a couple of people online like that (they hated another cleb, not Keira). Even creepier.

Hazzle
03-07-2004, 03:25 PM
It's the whole "build em up, pull em down" thing the media does...and yes...the media seriously impacts public opinion because too many people are idiotic enough to get persuaded by everything they read instead of thinking and judging for themselves.

I mean how many people read movie reviews and base their assessment of the movie on that, sometimes without even ever having seen it? Or who see it but allow the reviews they read before they went to taint their view of it...it's sad...

Kyle_West
03-07-2004, 05:39 PM
Yeah, sometimes I think people dont have brains. I mean honestly, you don't know them. Shut up and let it go.

Also, as far as im concerned the media can go blow themselves. It seems I disagree with every critic. I hated spiderman 2. I liked the Hulk. I love the broken lizard movies. In that case, i will end up loving King Arthur.

Richard
03-07-2004, 05:43 PM
As far as I know, it's all just jealousy. And screw everybody on the imdb, with the exception of a few.

DefyingGravity
03-07-2004, 05:45 PM
Yeah, like me :cool:

imdb message boards are mostly nothing but a bunch of twats. Ignore them.

Sarah
03-07-2004, 06:10 PM
At the end of the day, most people just envy her. They're jealous that she has achieved so much in just a short space of time. I mean, Keira has everything, looks, money, fame, etc. She's got it all, and she's just 19. As for me, I'm happy for her. I respect her and admire what she does. I have no reason to hate her, I think she's fantastic.

Jacoby
03-07-2004, 06:14 PM
She kissed Orlando Bloom in Pirates. I've seen plenty of young girls say something like ''she had her sluty hands all over Orlando in that movie''. Childish, but kind of funny. It's alright though, because this forum would be filled with people like that if they did like her.

Sarah
03-07-2004, 06:17 PM
That is a good point, Jacoby. A friend of mine loves Orlando, and we're talking obsessive liking. Well, one day I was reading an article about Keira in a magazine while in the common room, and my friend said ''Oh, that bitch, how dare she snog my Orlando. All she does is pout like a bloody fish''.

Mistikle
03-07-2004, 06:19 PM
yeh i think it's just jealousy...
she's prettier than them and richer then them and taller and just betta in all ways!!!

Hazzle
04-07-2004, 01:09 AM
Well...jealousy certainly explains why some girls "hate" her...us men will never get how women manage to hold such strong grudges and have such strong jealousy and envy of other women...you're so catty :p

Why men do is what puzzles me...

Jacoby
04-07-2004, 01:36 AM
Why men do is what puzzles me...

Some men only like 'HOT' girls. Keira is more beautiful and gorgeous rather than 'hott'. There's only a few photos where she's latherred in make-up and looking whore-ish. Men, at least my friends, usually like the whoreish looking girls. I like Keira because she's actually pretty (and I'm sure it's the same reason for most of the guys here.) That's at least my guess why some of my friends don't like her.

Hazzle
04-07-2004, 03:12 AM
Some men only like 'HOT' girls. Keira is more beautiful and gorgeous rather than 'hott'. There's only a few photos where she's latherred in make-up and looking whore-ish. Men, at least my friends, usually like the whoreish looking girls. I like Keira because she's actually pretty (and I'm sure it's the same reason for most of the guys here.) That's at least my guess why some of my friends don't like her.

Ahh...yeah...that makes sense. Yeah, I prefer classic beauty, a woman who looks good normally without all the makeup and in a jeans and T-shirt...oh...and a nice demeanour...which I think helps Keira be even more attractive in interviews and stuff.

deviljet88
04-07-2004, 05:00 AM
I'm saying envy for the girl side, and for the male side, probably just not knowing her well or thinking she's not your cute/hot American teen type. Suits many of my friends anyway.

Kyle_West
04-07-2004, 11:48 PM
Well I came to a conclusion.

Society is full of a bunch of douches.

yeah.

Jacoby
05-07-2004, 12:34 AM
Well I came to a conclusion.

Society is full of a bunch of douches.

yeah.

I used to live in North Carolina too, I know what you mean. :p

narya
05-07-2004, 10:06 AM
I think they're just jealous! I seem to be handling my jealousy well, and I love her!

DragonRat
05-07-2004, 10:35 AM
For me, I feel a tinge of jealousy for Keira, simply because she's younger than me, better-looking than me, and makes more money than me (and probably ever will). But, it's a good jealousy, because by doing so, she inspires me to strive for something greater. (Actually, that's what I believed last year, but it still applies a little.)

It's a different type of jealousy, if I were to say...William Hung. At least Keira has a modicum of talent, whereas William Hung is a novelty. It's a combination of envy and admiration with Keira, but a duality of envy and disgust in respect to William Hung.

For those who say they hate Keira, first off, I bet they hardly know the person, so hate is a strong word to use right off the bat. And the most common reasons are because she's richer, she's prettier, and she has a better-looking career than everyone else around her. (And those reasons are hardly reasonable in themselves.) And that whole snogging Orlando Bloom thing... I still don't see how girls can fawn over a guy who looks like a girl. But that's just my opinion.

narya
05-07-2004, 10:40 AM
Absolutely, good jealousy! I'm jealous because she's so insanely beautiful and got to kiss Orlando. :p

deviljet88
05-07-2004, 01:14 PM
Absolutely, good jealousy! I'm jealous because she's so insanely beautiful and got to kiss Orlando. :p
*wonders if he should go all jealous of all the men who have kissed/touched Keira* I'd go insane :P I agree with Kyle about society being a bunch of douches :)

Kyle_West
05-07-2004, 03:11 PM
I used to live in North Carolina too, I know what you mean. :p

haha, exactly.

Spire
07-07-2004, 10:32 PM
I'm not jealous, but then again, I don't hate her.

katy
08-07-2004, 05:38 AM
I don't think Keira really cares if other people hate her, especially if they don't know her personally. I can tell she's really mature, so I bet she wouldn't take it to heart. ;)

Kelsey
08-07-2004, 05:47 AM
I didn't even know this was an issue. But oh well, there's always someone who is going to hate you.

deviljet88
08-07-2004, 06:18 AM
I don't think Keira really cares if other people hate her, especially if they don't know her personally. I can tell she's really mature, so I bet she wouldn't take it to heart. ;)
Well she has to care if TOO many people hate her :P no director wants a hated actress as the leading character. But she's not up to that stage yet :)

acliff
08-07-2004, 10:17 AM
I didn't even know this was an issue. But oh well, there's always someone who is going to hate you.

Noone hates me :) Thats what I like to believe, anyway.

duckula
08-07-2004, 11:20 AM
I hate you.

katy
08-07-2004, 02:58 PM
Don't worry, I don't hate you. Strongly dislike maybe, but not hate... :rolleyes:

keira loves lipgloss
08-07-2004, 03:25 PM
nah at first i was a little jealous but now ive realised thers plenty more fish in the sea

Edward
08-07-2004, 05:55 PM
keira has done nothing for people to hate her......

? :confused:

Object Of Affection
08-07-2004, 07:17 PM
yeah........ i think it is the same problem as it is with my fav music band FfAf,

It's where they start off really small and not well known and only a few fans know who or what they are and love them for being like that BUT as soon as they start taking off and getting really famous and well known and doing big things lot's of people start despising that and hate them for it.

"hence the idiots that say all that cRap abouT her"

It's just so bloOdy sAd :confused:

GROW UP! GET A LIFE!

hasselbrad
08-07-2004, 07:31 PM
It seems everywhere I go on the interent there is someone that says "I really hate keira knightley."

When someone menchioned King Arthur on a website and asked if they're interested, they responded "I would go see it if Keira Knightley weren't in it, I hate her."

Or many other times that people say she sucks and to hell with her. There is no way I'm the only person that sees these things. It doesn't make any sence to me. How is she a hate-a-able person? She seems to have a great personality, she is a good actress (amazing for 19 years old), as so many of you put so many times "She is hot". Any ideas? How can yo hate someone that you will probably never meet? You judge them by the role she is playing? Thats utterly ridiculous. Thoughts?

Yes, it is ridiculous.
She's gorgeous. She appears to have the world on a string. She's British. So, she must be derided. That is why I have decided to go Jay and Silent Bob, and start tracking these assholes down. :D
Anybody care to join me?
Seriously, just take comfort in the fact that someday, when she's thanking everyone involved in making the film that wins her her second Academy Award, you can say "I told you so."

acliff
08-07-2004, 07:51 PM
Don't worry, I don't hate you. Strongly dislike maybe, but not hate... :rolleyes:

I'd love you too, if it wasn't illegal.

Hazzle
08-07-2004, 11:52 PM
I'd love you too, if it wasn't illegal.

Since when did that stop you?

apoggy
08-07-2004, 11:53 PM
Haz, try and tone down on the spam

Hazzle
08-07-2004, 11:53 PM
Will do chief...oh damn! Next time...I promise :p

shortysenior
09-07-2004, 12:06 AM
[FONT=Comic Sans MS]
exactly; what has she done for people to hate her? all she's
doing is what she set out to do, its what she was born to do:ACT!!

some people just really don't understand the hard work that she puts
into acting and her movies, thats why, to me, she is such a great
actress ;)

Guido
23-07-2004, 06:26 PM
Big Problem this 1... You can't have every1 havting you....and u Can't have every1 loving u....

Try it yourself there will always be people that Hate or dislike u...

Created By the Dutch Boy :P :icon_spam
I don't hate any1... only my Little Brother :P ;)

Hazzle
23-07-2004, 10:20 PM
Wow a 14 day bump...well done mate.

DragonRat
23-07-2004, 11:40 PM
Big Problem this 1... You can't have every1 havting you....and u Can't have every1 loving u....

Try it yourself there will always be people that Hate or dislike u...

Created By the Dutch Boy :P :icon_spam
I don't hate any1... only my Little Brother :P ;)

I could hate you, if you continue writing in netspeak.

As for the conclusion to this topic, I believe it all very much depends on how you feel about Keira. As a fan, I admire her, and I wish her the best in all her endeavors, no matter how big or small. If any of her career moves creates disdain among any of her fans, then that is their problem, because they obviously did not see any of this in their supposed image of Keira. If she seems fake, then that is someone's opinion, and not someone else's. Unless you know her personally, then there is no reason to suspect that she is any different than anyone else you see on the movie screen or telly.

From what I can tell, she is a 19-year-old British actress, with a huge amount of luck and a decent amount of talent. If people hate her, it is most likely out of jealousy. (I envy her a bit, considering I'm older than her, and I have no salary.) If people like her, it is most likely out of admiration. And jealousy and admiration are simply two points on the spectrum of fanship. It is all in how we build up that pedestal, upon which she sits in front of us, and how we perceive the heights and majesty of that pedestal.

Actually, I changed my mind. I will keep this thread on, and see what happens to it. If it's just a rehash of the same ol' junk, then I (or another mod) will lock it.

DesignatedJerk
24-07-2004, 09:12 AM
I think it's just total ignorance. I mean yeah how can you hate some one with out knowing who they are? I mean hating her acting skills, ok that's one thing, but you can't make a judgement on a person with out knowing them. once again that is just idiocy.

I had a similar conversation with some one on AIM when i asked them what they thought about KK's acting in POTC. and they were all "oh she is such a Slut"....ok how is she a slut "oh gee i dunno cause she kissed orlando bloom"

is it me or do theese ignorant type of people who just spew out crap(with out thinking might I add) needs to get beaten down by an angry mob with barb wired baseball bats?

I think that was a little to harsh....oh well.

Wake
24-07-2004, 09:14 AM
I mostly saw the "I hate Keira"/"Keira has no talent" type posts on the IMDB boards. And all those said to me was "I have the green eye of envy." It's people's nature to want more than what they have and some people see others with what they want and instantly hate them no matter what. It's quite funny to read some of the things people say about her on the IMDB boards because in not single one can they provide a solid piece of evidence as to why "Keira has no talent." I'm sure we've all been in the same situation, maybe not with a celebrity, but someone you know has something you want and it just clicks in your head, "I hate you." There's no logical explanation for it. People are far from logical. But as long as you can recognize this flaw you'll find yourself being happier and not as quick to judge or hate.

ChocolateMoose
24-07-2004, 07:36 PM
Its jealousy. She is 19, gorgeous and a talented actress....people are just envious of that.

Richard
24-07-2004, 07:43 PM
Are there any guys that actually hate her?

I can see why women do, they tend to get jealous mainly because they're not so attractive and she is. Or perhaps, their boyfriends are no longer thinking about them when they take a shower. So yes, in a word, it's all just jealousy.

DragonRat
24-07-2004, 08:03 PM
So yes, in a word, it's all just jealousy.

And with that, I deem this thread locked. It really has nothing else to say.