PDA

View Full Version : Where do you ladies get your hair cut?

Princess
03-07-2004, 07:03 AM
delete

Kelsey
03-07-2004, 07:16 AM
How come it's in pounds if you live in Hollywood?

I go to the same person I've gone to since I had my very first haircut. Lisa in Danville. Just a haircut costs around $30...but when I get it cut and highlighted (or colored, depending on my mood and the look I'm going for), it ends up to be around $130 - $150. I tip 10%, and return every 5 weeks. Right now, my hair is shoulder length with blonde highlights, but before school starts I plan on getting it a little shorter, and lightened completely.

Ashlyn
03-07-2004, 07:17 AM
I never colour my hair because I like it the way it is (it sort of streaks itself in the sun). I get it cut like every 2-3 months and it usually costs about $20. I get it done at my hairdresser's house because he's been cutting my hair for so long and it's just easier than waiting for an appointment at the salon. And I've never heard of tipping the hairdresser... Maybe I will leave a tip next time... Some of my friends pay over $200 for a cut and colour, which I think is outrageous, especially when they don't go anywhere other than school. (and most of them don't look all that great anyway... actually they all look the same)

keira loves lipgloss
03-07-2004, 07:36 AM
i get mine cut at toni and guy a bit expensive but at least my hair looks kool afterwards!!!!!!!!!!!

Mandy
03-07-2004, 01:05 PM
I just got my hair cut and coloured...cost me $92. It looks pretty good, though. First time I ever went somewhere professional. My hair was dyed black before, so if I'd just bought the highlighting kit from the store, it would've turned my hair some nasty orange colour, so it was worth spending the extra money. She cut it really well too, so I tipped her $5.

http://members.lycos.co.uk/bumeyes/color.jpg

Hazzle
03-07-2004, 02:57 PM
Errr...sorry...but if the question's aimed at ladies...wouldn't the girls forum be more appropriate? :) I'm not trying to be an arse...it's just you know some guy will see the thread, not read the topic properly and reply "I get my hair cut at blah blah blah" which isn't what you're after, is it? :D

Vertical Vortex
03-07-2004, 03:16 PM
just you know some guy will see the thread, not read the topic properly and reply "I get my hair cut at blah blah blah" which isn't what you're after, is it? :D

like me :)
I dont want to cut my hair for a while... I want a tale.... then i am de perfect uglyness on the world! MUWHAHAHAHAAA

rrrright...
but I do want a tale... more like David Beckham style (in the old days... with his long hair)

Hazzle
03-07-2004, 03:28 PM
like me :)
I dont want to cut my hair for a while... I want a tale.... then i am de perfect uglyness on the world! MUWHAHAHAHAAA

rrrright...
but I do want a tale... more like David Beckham style (in the old days... with his long hair)

Heh...so do I...I'm growing mine at the mo...but that's not what the ladies were asking :p

nina
10-07-2004, 09:10 PM
i usually get mine done in a local salon and its about £24 for a cut and blowdry but at the mo im gettin my hair done at toni and guy for free cos im working there!

Sarah
10-07-2004, 09:23 PM
Well, I get my hair chopped at the local hair dressers. I normally get a trim. My hair isn't in a style, it's just there. Well, it's long now. Still jet black. Still healthy and shiny. My hair dressers loves me hair and tells me to always wear it down. I don't, it's normally tied up.

gracie
10-07-2004, 10:27 PM
hm i know i pay 40 for a cut, and anywhere from 75-125 for highlights/coloring. i usually change my color around every 4 or 5 months...blond to brown, to auburn, to auburn/brown/black. but the girls who do it are my neighboors/family friends/former babysitters. so ill tip like 20%

Sarah
10-07-2004, 10:33 PM
Ah I didn't say how much mine costs, normally about £7. Very cheap indeed. I don't know how much colouring is. I had my hair coloured once, and I wish I never did, because it took a long, long time to grow it all out.

Kelsey
11-07-2004, 05:09 AM
Don't you hate when you color your hair and it doesn't turn out like you wanted? I decided to go for the Sydney Bristow look (big mistake) and darkened my hair. It turned out much, *much* darker than I thought it would. I went to the person who does my hair and she was able to strip some of the color out, but I had to grow the rest out...it was horrible. Luckily, it's back to it's normal blond-ish color, and that was the first and last time I ever tried to dye my hair myself.

gracie
11-07-2004, 05:42 PM
yeah i need to get mine redone the colors fading out to a lighter brown than iwanted. and i need her to fix the layers in my hair before then end of summer

Glow
13-07-2004, 05:51 PM
So maybe I'm a diffrend person but I go to hairdresser at time to time :) I was in salon two years ago :) :D