PDA

View Full Version : Winter Break!

MeggieHoops
17-12-2004, 08:45 PM
So, what are all you people doing over winter vacation? Any big plans and trips or just relaxing?

I myself am going to Miami for 2 days and then leaving from there to go on a 10 day cruise around the Panama Canal! Yayy, I'm so excited :)

Jacoby
17-12-2004, 08:50 PM
I'm planning on attending school every day next week up until Christmas Eve. We don't get next week off. Fuck my school.

After that, we're welcoming my sister back into our home. She just got engaged.

A cruise sounds nice...

hasselbrad
17-12-2004, 08:59 PM
I didn't realize Gates-Chili was some sort of Hitler Youth School.
Do they make you go back on the 27th?
My daughter is out until the 5th.

Donut
17-12-2004, 09:15 PM
hmm
i think i will just relax .. and some partys for sure :)
first we planned to visit vienna but that cancelled :mad:

Leonie
17-12-2004, 09:20 PM
Going home for about 5 weeks. I'm planning on catching up on sleep. Might go to Germany for a day of shopping at some point, if I can convince my parents. Other than that... I might actually start reading the pile of books I've been wanting to read since the semester started.

Cruise sounds awesome... Ah well, I get 5 weeks off, I'm not complaining :)

Foeni
17-12-2004, 09:40 PM
I, unfortunately, have to study. I'm miles behind :(
Leonie, have you ever been to Berlin? They got this great mall (well it's not really a mall, I don't know the right English word). KaDeWe.
Maybe you can help us on this one Donut, what English word would you use to for KaDeWe

Btw, to those don't know what KaDeWe stands for, its: Kaufhaus Des Westens.

ryan
17-12-2004, 09:47 PM
"not a god damn, fuckin' thing" as robert deniro once said.

Donut
17-12-2004, 09:52 PM
well, i would use department store :)
but i think erveryone understood

KaDeWe = Kaufhaus des Westens = departmanet store of the West :read: :icon_bigg

@ Leoni & Foeni
u're form Germany?

Flightfreak
17-12-2004, 09:57 PM
i am going to study for my exams :icon_err: they start 11 jan

Pygmalion
17-12-2004, 11:09 PM
What about those of us in the southern hemisphere who're on SUMMER break?

I'm going to Sydney to stay in a house on Bondi Beach for New Years!

Other than that I'll be bumming around til uni, then bumming around at uni.

Liam
18-12-2004, 12:28 AM
Yarr, summer holidays.

I'll be spending New Years Eve on Sydney Harbour on a 40 foot yacht, watching the fireworks and drinking many a cold beer while being repulsed by that awful disco anthem.

Other than that, I only have holidays from the 24th of December through to the 4th of January, so I'll be working my arse off welding stuff in stonking heat to fund my glorious European return on March 20, 2005.

Renegade
18-12-2004, 01:17 AM
I'll be at home boring myself to death while the majority of my family travels the world. But it's not all that bad. I'm sure to receive many dvds. They should help pass the time til I get back to school.

Richard
18-12-2004, 01:20 AM
"not a god damn, fuckin' thing" as robert deniro once said.

What he said. Except I plan to watch movies and play my brand new GameCube.

deviljet88
18-12-2004, 01:49 AM
Yay Summer holidays started like 2 weeks ago... and still no plans besides being bored, maybe watch a few movies, play games *shrugs*. I need a trip seriously.

CFC
18-12-2004, 02:03 AM
Counter Strike Source.

and

a party on New Years.

Jacoby
18-12-2004, 02:08 AM
I didn't realize Gates-Chili was some sort of Hitler Youth School.
Do they make you go back on the 27th?
My daughter is out until the 5th.

We go back on the 3rd. Ha. But, we do get a week off in Feburary for no reason. Ok, there is a reason...they don't want to heat the school that week because they're cheap bastards.

I have a total of 10 days vacation (including weekends) so I'll be recieving presents, opening them, smiling for the camera, then back to school.

Bait
18-12-2004, 03:22 AM
Yay Summer holidays started like 2 weeks ago... and still no plans besides being bored, maybe watch a few movies, play games *shrugs*. I need a trip seriously.

I guess you can't read...this wasn't "summer break!" its winter break...so if you are not in winter, please dont respond :)

im going to mexico for a week and a half with some friends and the first week (next week) im going to be at our resort snowboarding and skiing for 3-5 days...depends how tired i get :P and going to some parties afterwards
its almost as good as summer break, only its shorter :(

Kelsey
18-12-2004, 06:15 AM
I go back to school the 4th, but I will spend my time until then with my horse, some friends, working, and studying. I'm looking forward to mostly just chilling out because once I'm back in school I have soccer, work, horse, school (pre-cal!), and my senior project (gulp.)

Pygmalion
18-12-2004, 06:24 AM
Yarr, summer holidays.

I'll be spending New Years Eve on Sydney Harbour on a 40 foot yacht, watching the fireworks and drinking many a cold beer while being repulsed by that awful disco anthem.

Might run into you lol.

Yeah there's been a lot of stink kicked up about the disco national anthem at the NYE celebrations, I personally think the normal one's pretty horrible anyway. A nice disco beat might actually inprove it...

Liam
18-12-2004, 06:26 AM
I'll be the drunk one who does a nudie run across the harbour bridge.

Pygmalion
18-12-2004, 06:34 AM
And I'll be the drunk one yelling obcenities at people on Bondi.
I would streak the Harbour Bridge with you, but streaking is mighty uncomfortable for girls...

Foeni
18-12-2004, 08:36 AM
well, i would use department store :)
but i think erveryone understood

KaDeWe = Kaufhaus des Westens = departmanet store of the West :read: :icon_bigg

@ Leoni & Foeni
u're form Germany?

Thank you.
No, we're not from Germany. I've just had good teachers. Leonie is Dutch.

ralfusius
18-12-2004, 09:10 AM
I'm going to texel (an island close to the netherlands, and it's Dutch ground also.) from the 27the till the 30th with some friends. And I assume there will be enough alcohol too.

Sarah
18-12-2004, 07:40 PM
We only get two flipping weeks off. Oh well, less time to get fat.

As for me, I shall be watching TV, eating, watching more TV, eating, trying to keep warm and oh, eating.

It's so cold. I'm freezing my bollocks off.

Ashley
18-12-2004, 08:34 PM
I'm going to work and sit around the apartment and my parents house. I have until January 20th off so I may be tempted to hop a plane to Chicago for a bit... the odds look very good for that.

ryan
18-12-2004, 08:56 PM
changed my mind:
hopefully ill be hanging out more with the girl i met last night. :)

MeggieHoops
18-12-2004, 10:05 PM
changed my mind:
hopefully ill be hanging out more with the girl i met last night. :)

I feel really sad for that poor girl.

ryan
18-12-2004, 10:58 PM
I feel really sad for that poor girl.

should i take that as a serious comment?

MeggieHoops
18-12-2004, 11:15 PM
should i take that as a serious comment?

No, course not *cough*

Narg
18-12-2004, 11:31 PM
Hey, fuckwits, can ya stop your little bickering and pointless arguments, there fucking shit. kthx.

Ill be doing shit all in the holidays...

ryan
19-12-2004, 12:56 AM
Hey, fuckwits, can ya stop your little bickering and pointless arguments, there fucking shit. kthx.

Ill be doing shit all in the holidays...

"fuckwits" doesn't need a comma on each side.
and you used the wrong form of "they're".

Jacoby
19-12-2004, 01:07 AM

Actually, a comma on both sides of "fuckwits" is acceptable.

ryan
19-12-2004, 01:10 AM
Actually, a comma on both sides of "fuckwits" is acceptable.

pausing after hey and before fuckwits is unnesessary.

Jacoby
19-12-2004, 01:18 AM
pausing after hey and before fuckwits is unnesessary.

But acceptable. :) Aussies are known for their dramatic pauses.

But we're out of line...

Back on topic. My Winter break will be filled with sweaters from Grandma, kisses from from family, gifts from Santa, and hand-jobs from Girlfriend.

...I'm just kidding.

Narg
19-12-2004, 07:45 AM

come back of the century, please sirz, dont correct my spellingz.

/s irc.carefactor0.entertheshit.com /j #caring

^ speak in there dude, perhaps someone might take notice.

also the comma is needed, moron, Im Aussie.

deviljet88
19-12-2004, 09:58 AM
His care factor for the missing apostrophe in "Im" is also 0 before ryan bothers correcting it. Anyway, you didn't put a capital letter at the start of your sentence ryan, so don't go around trying to pick up small details when you know this ranting shit between you and meggie has gone too far.

Scott
20-12-2004, 10:13 AM
I've been on holidays since Nov. 17th and don't start school until Jan. 27th :)

At the moment I'm planning on going to Queensland for some surfing and scuba diving.

hasselbrad
21-12-2004, 10:29 PM
Enjoy it kiddos.
In a rare display of magnanimity, I am actually getting Christmas Eve off. I have had jobs where we had to work on Christmas Eve and hang around for the, oh so fun, Christmas party. I may have a few days between Christmas and New Years to spend with my daughter, but that's about it. And, oh yeah, all this fun and frivolity will be sandwiched between two, thousand mile road trips.
If I'm lucky, I may get to see some friends in the ATL and have a few drinks.

Pygmalion
21-12-2004, 11:09 PM
i could be having a new years party at my place, if my parents believe the "just a small group of friends over for a bbq in the afternoon :)" crap that i tell them.. and sadly, that could be the highlight of my festive season as i'll be 3 hours away from the closest family member :D

You should fly up to sydney and get drunk with us!

If not, as your mentor, I expect lots of drunken texts.

acliff
21-12-2004, 11:32 PM
I work Christmas eve, 2 days off for christmas day and boxing day, then unfortunately work Dec 31st and Jan 1st. I hope they don't expect me to be in any state to sell anything. About as much hope as me getting overtime pay :/

Ryan and Meg, please quit with your bickering. If you're going to argue, please make it more offensive, I won't tolerate anything less than crying on both sides. The audience expects free popcorn as well.
You may consider this comment hypocritical coming from the dude who had a massive argument with Haz on here just the other week. At least it was entertaining.

Mags
22-12-2004, 12:04 AM
That's true.

Anyway, I got finished with school on the...10th. My finals schedule got changed because our unspectacular uni football team made it to the New Orleans Bowl and they moved everything around. I took a final a week early and got to leave a week early. That part was excellent.

Anyway, I started work the day after I got home and have been working since. I have...Christmas Eve, Christmas,and the 27th - 31st off. Luckily, I only have to take a total of 4 days off, which works out really well.

On the 26th, I'll fly up to Washington DC to have Christmas with my dad and his evil wife. Then I'm back on the 2nd to work until I have to go back to school on the 17th.

A full month off, combined with quite a bit of time off. Works out well for me.

Renegade
24-12-2004, 10:06 PM
I got off on the 17th. Then I spent 4 days at Vegas, hoping to catch a glimpse of Keira before shooting wrapped on Domino. It didn't happen...so much for that.
Atleast I had a fun time. From now til the 10th, it's all rest and relaxation.

Merry Xmas.

Jacoby
24-12-2004, 10:16 PM
I got off on the 17th. Then I spent 4 days at Vegas, hoping to catch a glimpse of Keira before shooting wrapped on Domino. It didn't happen...so much for that.
Atleast I had a fun time. From now til the 10th, it's all rest and relaxation.

Merry Xmas.

YOU GET A WHOLE FUCKING MONTH OFF YOU MOTHER FUCKER?!

Melvin
24-12-2004, 10:31 PM
Just a quiet family affair for me, but isn't that what Christmas is all about? Sorry to be sappy but it is about being with your family and friends and stuff.

Jacoby
24-12-2004, 10:38 PM
Just a quiet family affair for me, but isn't that what Christmas is all about? Sorry to be sappy but it is about being with your family and friends and stuff.

I completely agree...Unfortunately I spend Christmas with a bunch of drunk, stupid, extended family.