PDA

View Full Version : Any stand-up comedy fans?

hasselbrad
14-12-2004, 12:37 PM
Are any of you fans of stand-up comedy? Do you have any favorite comics?

Narg
14-12-2004, 01:23 PM
Stand up rocks, Chris rock and Seinfeld make me cry in laughter.

Leno and Woodley also rock.

A shit load of aussie stand ups that i dont know their names also :/.

Jacoby
14-12-2004, 09:37 PM
Zach Galifinakis.
Demetri Martin.
Brian Regan.
Frank Caliendo.
Kevin James.
And my favorite of all, Jim Gaffigan.

Ashley
14-12-2004, 09:41 PM
Seinfeld is hilarious. Eddie Murphy's stand up makes my stomache hurt it's so funny. Chris Rock is hilarious as well, he's like our Eddie Murphy.
Jim Breuer,he used to be on SNL a long time ago. I've seen his stand up on Comedy Central, that guy is just hilarious.

Jacoby
14-12-2004, 09:45 PM
Seinfeld is good, yes.

I forgot Dane Cook and Mitch Hedburg.

Renegade
14-12-2004, 11:23 PM
I like watching Last Comic Standing on NBC. If anyone watches that show, Dat Phan and John Heffron almost always make me laugh.

hasselbrad
15-12-2004, 12:14 PM
Seinfeld is good, yes.

I forgot Dane Cook and Mitch Hedburg.

It's really weird, but I saw Mitch Hedberg on Comedy Central and wasn't all that impressed. I bought his CD All Together and laughed my ass off. Dane Cook was just the opposite.
Ron White makes my side hurt.
Dave Atell makes my other side hurt.
Lewis Black nearly killed me with his last CD. I was driving and started laughing so hard that I couldn't draw a breath and my eyes started watering. I had to pull off the road for a few minutes.
Chris Rock used to be a lot funnier, but since Wanda Sykes has started doing her own thing, he's not as funny.

CFC
15-12-2004, 04:31 PM
Robin Williams

Pete
15-12-2004, 04:36 PM
Bill Hicks for his cutting sense of humour and goat boy....

Eddie Izzard for his randomness... le sange es sur le branch!!!!

hasselbrad
15-12-2004, 04:43 PM
Yes on Bill Hicks...effing legend.
I've been thinking about getting an Eddie Izzard CD. I love his bit on choosing Englebert Humperdink as a stage name.

Sarah
15-12-2004, 06:49 PM
Peter Kay
Bill Bailey

Ranman
15-12-2004, 09:40 PM
George Carlin is the King.
Robert Shimmel is very funny.
Sam kennisen was offensive but funny.

acliff
16-12-2004, 09:21 AM
Bill Bailey
Robin Williams
Jimmy Carr
Eddie Murphy
Ricky Gervais
Chris Rock

Can't think of anyone else at the moment

Richard
16-12-2004, 09:18 PM
Chris Rock, definitely. Never have I ever laughed so hard at an African American.

hasselbrad
16-12-2004, 09:22 PM
Chris Rock, definitely. Never have I ever laughed so hard at an African American.

I don't know...that Charles Barkley's pretty funny.

Mags
16-12-2004, 11:49 PM
Mike Meyers...not strictly stand-up..but his two hours on Inside The Actor's Studio caused me to laugh harder than I ever have...except for that time I went to The Second City..best night of my life.

Oh...I ADORE Amy Poehler...again, not so much stand-up...but comedy. Excellent comedy.

Sarah
17-12-2004, 02:21 PM
Ricky Gervais

Oh, I can't believe I forgot him! I loved his Animals tour. I haven't seen his politics dvd yet, though.

Leonie
17-12-2004, 02:24 PM
Bill Bailey (thanks to Cliff)

and a couple of Dutch guys you won't know... De Vliegende Panters anyone? Jan Jaap van der Wal is pretty funny too :icon_razz

Kelsey
20-12-2004, 05:33 PM
Amy Poehler is hilarious, you can add Tina Fey to that list too.
I don't know anyone's names, but every once in awhile there are some really funny guys on Friday Night Standup. Too bad my sister would probably make it on my list too. That girl writes her own stuff and does it...I hate to admit it, but she's got it. Tina Fey better watch her back. :)

ralfusius
20-12-2004, 06:18 PM
and a couple of Dutch guys you won't know... De Vliegende Panters anyone? Jan Jaap van der Wal is pretty funny too :icon_razz

En wat ziet Dikkie Dik daar? een hele dikke BMW uit de 7-serie ...
let's not forget herman finkers, bert visscher en najib amhali

FooTM
23-12-2004, 12:43 AM
I am so glad none of you has said 'Ross Noble' as of yet. Hate the guy.

However, Peter Kay and Omad Djlali are quite the comedians.

hasselbrad
23-12-2004, 06:21 PM
I saw a guy by the name of Robert Hawkins Friday night. Highly recommend seeing him if you can. Very, very funny. I think he does some writing for Conan.

The opening guy was from West Virginia. He reminded me of Robin Williams, on the fourth day of a crystal-meth/LSD/PCP bender, trying to have sex with a microphone stand. Oh yeah, and he apparently had some sort of gnome living in the collar of his shirt that he would get the next joke from. Seriously. There is a mental outpatient program looking through their files trying to see which trip to the mall they may have lost him on.

Melvin
23-12-2004, 09:54 PM
I love standup. It's brilliant, and it's so much more enjoyable than a sitcom or any other form of comedy. My favourites are:

Bill Bailey
Jimmy Carr
Ricky Gervais
Chris Rock

I like shows with new comics too, like Take the Mike, because some of them are really good, and I love watching things like The Comedy Store. Live is where it's at, but TV standup is still great.

Jacoby
23-12-2004, 09:58 PM
I'm afraid to go to live comedy shows. When I see a stand-up comedian on TV and no one laughs at his jokes, I get really uncomfortable and I have to change the channel. If it were live, I wouldn't be able to do that...so I'd probably have to resort to running out of the place screaming. And that's just embarassing for everyone.

Jasper
23-12-2004, 10:21 PM
Mitch Hedburg is by far my favorite.

Stephen Lynch is also very funny.

hasselbrad
24-12-2004, 06:47 PM
I'm afraid to go to live comedy shows. When I see a stand-up comedian on TV and no one laughs at his jokes, I get really uncomfortable and I have to change the channel. If it were live, I wouldn't be able to do that...so I'd probably have to resort to running out of the place screaming. And that's just embarassing for everyone.

That's why you sit in the back. That way you slip out the door and can run screaming through the parking lot. Much less embarrassing.

Melvin
25-12-2004, 01:21 PM
Don't know why I forgot him but Tim Allen is great too.

PS: I also forgot Denis Leary, he's brilliant!