PDA

View Full Version : What do you dream about, and how often?

StokeUK474
13-12-2004, 04:51 PM
I have to admit, that i hope to have a dream involving keira in some way, but it hasnt happened yet! I fear that it could be in a bad way somehow though!

However, when i do dream, whether it is a good or bad dream, i always seem to wake up when i am falling or about to die or something like that. I very rarely dream to be honest, maybe once a month.

I would be very interested to hear everyone's thoughts on this subject being a former psychology student. Do you believe that dreams are your destiny or what could happen in the future? I believe it is what you want to happen, like things that are your deepest,darkest secrets that you could never tell anyone. It may or may not happen though based on what your choices are in life.

hasselbrad
13-12-2004, 05:35 PM
There is no continuing theme, and quite honestly, I rarely remember dreams, but the other night I had a weird one. My friend Suzanne was lecturing me about my sour expression giving away what I think about people that I encounter. Weird.

MeggieHoops
13-12-2004, 06:19 PM
I very rarely dream to be honest, maybe once a month.

You always dream, sometimes you just don't remember them.

My dreams are almost always really strange and irrelevant and they make me laugh...like this dream I had the other night about saltwater taffy (OMG I want saltwater taffy so bad). Once in awhile though I'll have a dream that makes me upset and I'll wake up crying. I hardly ever have sex dreams or things like that.

Considering my dreams are usually so fucked up...no, I def. don't think they have anything to do with what's going to happen in the future. I sure hope not, lol. Although I guess sometimes the things I dream about are very "deep dark secret" like.

Leonie
13-12-2004, 06:49 PM
I *never* remember my dreams. Such a pity. I think.

ryan
13-12-2004, 07:38 PM
my dreams are usually of the sexual nature. that, or me being a clandestine US operative on secret missions around the globe.

either way, they kick ass.

Richard
13-12-2004, 09:29 PM
So many dream threads. You can find my responses below.

http://www.kkwavefront.org/forums/showthread.php?t=339&highlight=Dreams
http://www.kkwavefront.org/forums/showthread.php?t=1013&highlight=dreams

I do however, prefer dreams over nightmares. More wetness... I mean less...

Allanon
15-12-2004, 11:05 AM
I usually don't remember my dreams but I remembered this one:

A girl told me it would never work out between us because it was to much time between the busses. :icon_conf

Pete
15-12-2004, 04:44 PM
dream surfing is the best thing ever.... wake up earlier than needed then go back to bed for a few hours... works almost everytime...

my dreams... well... bit like meggiehoops only worse....
most are of film quality and sometime i swear their scripted....
had a mini adventure one the other day where im exploring this old church and i find a group of cultists worshipping.... lets just say i woke up rather violently when they succeeded in bringing something back.... talk about spooking yaself...

deviljet88
15-12-2004, 10:14 PM
Ooo dream thread again! And I'll post my answer, same as last time: I dream of going to school naked and everyone is too...

Dionysus
17-12-2004, 02:12 AM
dreams are pretty cool
i dont think they predict the future or are your concious telling you encrypted messages
i just think theyre interesting stories to keep your brain from getting bored and waking up and not getting a good nights rest
either way i like them and i most of the time remember them when i first wake up but forget them shortly after
and they always seem to make sence at the time but when you wake up theyre all over the place and silly

i had one last night where i was commentating the cricket (Australia A Vs South Africa) but it was played on the road with the bins as stumps and every time a car came the batsman would have to wheel the bins outa the way and wait for the car before continuing play (it made sence at the time) :p

Renegade
17-12-2004, 02:31 AM
I think recurring dreams are interesting. It gives me that 'this is my chance to do different from last time' vibe.

meegaan1
17-12-2004, 04:01 AM
I don't remember if I have any recurring dreams, but I do remember one that had Keira in it. She was engage to my dad and they were boinking like crazy. It was quite disturbing, actually....

Dionysus
17-12-2004, 02:34 PM
i have recuring dreams
about 2-3 times a year for YEARS i have had recuring dreams that im being chased around by dinosaurs like the ones in Jurassic Park, the big T-Rex, well he's outside and im trapped inside trying to get away to safety but i have NEVER been able to get out, i always wake up first

he has never caught me though (im so elusive) :p

though i do wake up shakey and sweating

Pygmalion
17-12-2004, 10:33 PM
I dream I'm having a recurring dream-if that makes sense-like in my dream i know I'm in a dream, but I dream I've had it before, and wake up realising I haven't EVER had it before...it really trips me out

JackYang
22-12-2004, 01:54 AM
I don't remember most of the dreams I had. However, most of them include a girl I had crush on. The most common dream would be myself playing amazing basketball. This usually result of myself waking up throwing something against the wall without conscious. :D

Kelsey
23-12-2004, 07:00 AM
Lately, I have been having dreams about sharks. In the first one, I was surfing, but all of a sudden my board was gone, so I was just kind of standing in the water, and there was a little girl by me swimming. And I could see the shark coming, and I felt the chills and fear, but I didn't move. And I just remember the shark completely ripping the little girl to shreds and the water turning red around me, but I still didn't move.

There have been two others in the last week or two that are very similar to that. Someone around me always gets attacked, I can never move, and the water always turns red around me. Any ideas about what a shark symbolizes in a dream?

On a happier note, I did have a recent dream where I found quarters every where I looked (in my dream, I even found myself confused by the fact that I was finding quarters while in Barcelona, Spain). And the next day, I found $29 on the floor while at work.

frodo1511
23-12-2004, 02:25 PM
I keep dreaming about falling off roller coasters(about twice a year). Scary stuff.

On a much lighter note, some dreams of mine involve me sneaking into Michael Jackson's Neverland ranch with 3 other people, Splinter Cell style. When I get inside the house, I hear noises coming from upstairs, and when we get right in front of the door the noises are coming from, I wake up:(
Maby a good thing.

apoggy
23-12-2004, 02:54 PM
You just want to be anally raped, sick fuck. I suppose being a pin dick makes you wish you were female and so you take the next best thing to expensive surgery.

seventhson
23-12-2004, 05:44 PM
Mostly, I dream that I am well, I dream I have a job, I dream my wife came back to me, I dream I found that joint I misplaced in '86 have been looking for ever since, I dream I have alot of friends who respect me, but I get confused because I have trouble distinguishing between that dream and reality. Will I ever wake up? What shall I have for breakfast? Did I take my medication or was that just a dream?

|-: SeventhSon :-|

frodo1511
23-12-2004, 06:14 PM
You just want to be anally raped, sick fuck. I suppose being a pin dick makes you wish you were female and so you take the next best thing to expensive surgery.

More than likely, or it may be because I'm obsessed with spying, who knows. Poggs is normally right about this kind of thing, he's the expert when it comes to anal-raping.

apoggy
23-12-2004, 10:23 PM
you cut me up

MikeKnick04
24-12-2004, 05:17 AM
I must say I have had a reoccuring dream that is one of the best in the world, based on your own preference of course.
I dream I am lying on my back, and then Carmen Electra is on top of me and we have a 'go' for a while, then I have to wake up, naturally you know.
I have had it 5 times I think, and each time I last longer, you know, ahem.
Prophecy? Hell no, but sure is fun.
Any comments?

deviljet88
24-12-2004, 05:29 AM
You're a sex maniac who masturbates to Carmen Electra? Only comment I can come up with for that dream. Ooo yesterday in my dream I had an iPod mini, so coincidental I was thinking of buying one. *gasps*

Jacoby
24-12-2004, 03:22 PM
Any comments?

Yeah, you're not allowed to tell us about your dreams anymore.

My dreams consist of boringess lately. They're all just practical everyday things. It kinda sucks.

frodo1511
24-12-2004, 03:39 PM
I wish I had the machine the Jetsons had, where you choose a dream you want, it was really cool.

Sarah
24-12-2004, 07:38 PM
Hmmm, what do I dream about? One of my college tutors! OH GOD, How I dreaammmmm!

JackYang
24-12-2004, 08:22 PM
I dream of flying once but I ended up falling on my face to the ground when I woke up.

Charlie
25-12-2004, 01:32 AM
i'm a combat sergeon for the navy so i often have these dreams i'm still in combat shooting my gun at all those iraqis. i always wake up feeling tense, cold, and sweating. it's really nerve racking sort of like what happens in people with post war trauma. but don't worry, the doctor says i'm not crazy enough to be called that.

SimplyKnightley
27-12-2004, 02:54 AM
my latest dream fantasy. i still miss him after i woke up :)

IBO
27-12-2004, 02:56 AM
who in the hell is that?
________
Jailbroken (http://jailbroken.org/)

frodo1511
27-12-2004, 04:23 AM
For the past couple nights, I've dreamed that I'm in a HUGE medieval battle somewhere, in an open field(think the Minas Tirith). I'm stabbing away at enemies(can't tell if their human), while trying to find someone calling my name(also, not sure if it's a guy or girl I'm saving). As soon as I get to where I'm going(complete with thousands of dead soldiers around me, as well as dragons and such in the sky), a big man in black is over who I need to save. Right before s/he dies, I wake up. Strange shit.

EmotionSickness
27-12-2004, 06:35 AM
I have fucked up, angry dreams (the ones I remember, anyway). I'm always fighting with someone -- usually my (ex) boyfriend or my father. I've been known to yell obscenities in my sleep. It's those damn angry dreams, I tell you.

Hmm, what does that say about me? :icon_err:

Jacoby
27-12-2004, 06:40 AM
I think all these dreams are completely fabricated. My dreams are always practical and not an action/adventure film.

Actually, I do have a reccuring dream to tell...

When Doom was remotely new I had a dream that I had to go through a castle, with no weapon, and collect yellow keys to get out. The castle was all the crappy doom graphics, and those blob monsters were guarding the doors. I remember there were two main rooms, then a stairway that was really narrow that led to the basement maze thing. I would go through it and eventually end up at the top (I don't know how, since I'd neither go up stairs nor use an elevator of any sort). I had this dream when I was 9 or 10. Then, when videogame graphics drastically improved, I had the dream again. This time the castle was N64 graphics (:O) but the rooms were the same; two main rooms, narrow stairway which led to a maze, and then the top of the castle. The only thing that was different this time was I found out who was running the castle. Ben Stein. I think I was watching Win Ben Stein's Money right before I fell asleep that night. And that's the most action-y dream I've ever had. No lie.

frodo1511
27-12-2004, 02:37 PM
You just need to watch a nice action/adventure/epic war movie right before bed, jacob. For me, that's all my brain thinks about when I go to sleep.

Richard
27-12-2004, 07:17 PM
I had a dream about Haz. True story.

I woke up one morning and found him ironing his clothes in my living room. And he was taller than me.

frodo1511
27-12-2004, 08:17 PM
I had a dream about Haz. True story.

I woke up one morning and found him ironing his clothes in my living room. And he was taller than me.

You have got to be kidding: Haz ironing his own clothes :icon_surp HAHA.
That would scare the hell out of me

Melvin
27-12-2004, 08:33 PM
What man irons his own clothes? Unless he's too ugly to get a woman to do it for him.

Richard
27-12-2004, 08:36 PM
What man irons his own clothes? Unless he's too ugly to get a woman to do it for him.

It's a mother's chore. I think. But men can iron, I don't know of any though. It's a shame Haz is gone now I won't be able to ask me.

frodo1511
27-12-2004, 08:52 PM
It's a mother's chore. I think. But men can iron, I don't know of any though.

Well, my dad irons his BDU's for the Air Force, but that's different. He HAS TOO.

deviljet88
28-12-2004, 09:25 AM
I had to iron my school shirt when I was home alone and I had to go to school the next day. As you can probably tell, I'm ecstatic I performed a mother's chore.

Liam
28-12-2004, 09:35 AM
You'll make a perfect housewife for Narg.