PDA

View Full Version : "King Arthur" video-game

juanjaim
13-12-2004, 05:18 AM
Hello, chaps! My name is Jaim, I'm from México and I'm new around here.

Tonight I was looking for a LOTR video-game on the Toys 'R' Us website, when I saw on the "Recent & Future releases" column a "KING ARTHUR" video-game...

I have a question: Does anybody knows if Keira did any voice recordings for this video-game?

For those who are interested in the game itself, I'm telling you that it's going to be 20 levels long... all recreated from the film. I really have great expectations on this video-game, and to hear Keira's sweet voice on this video-game would be an extra!!!

deviljet88
13-12-2004, 07:51 AM
http://image.com.com/gamespot/images/2004/reviews/920729_20040820_screen003.jpg

Keira apparently looks shit in the game. Can't find any info on her voice, just some screenies. More at http://www.gamespot.com/ps2/action/kingarthur/screenindex.html?page=3

apoggy
13-12-2004, 09:16 AM
how long till someone develops a mod so she is naked throughout? :p

Dionysus
13-12-2004, 01:52 PM
Looks nothing like her
oh well, can't expect them to recreat perfection :p

aussie_keira_lover
14-12-2004, 10:14 PM
I really don't think any video game could recreate Keira correctly as she's to perfect, it would be nearly impossible

Liam
16-12-2004, 09:35 AM
One of the more crappy looking games I've seen shots from in a while.

Foeni
19-12-2004, 09:43 PM
Have you guys seen the trailer for this game? The graphics suck! I don't think those newbies who made this game has ever thought about getting the actors to do voice...

deviljet88
19-12-2004, 10:14 PM
Its just some game that's trying to wring out a half decent movie for all its worth since they can't gain an extra few bobs with a sequel. *goes look at the trailer*

Edit: Apparently there's (was) a mobile version, but thank god you can only play as Lancelot. No more butchery of Keira, at least on the mini screen. Oh and if you haven't figured, the mobile version is pretty shit as well.

FooTM
23-12-2004, 12:45 AM
Half assed game, half assed review score. what more can I say. Looking for movie tie-ins? - Get Chronicles of Riddick for Xbox/PC.

frodo1511
23-12-2004, 12:51 AM
Get Chronicles of Riddick for Xbox/PC.

Best game based off the worst movie.

Anyway, if you buy the DVD(Unrated Extended yesterday baby:), it comes with a demo. Piece of shit- blocking does nothing(nothing compared to Ninja Gaiden's block), and I can't believe it takes 25 HITS to cut down 5 VINES. That made me throw my controller in frustration. I'll take Half-Life 2 thanks.

FooTM
23-12-2004, 12:52 AM
(nothing compared to Ninja Gaiden's block),

or extreme arm breaking difficulty for that matter.

frodo1511
23-12-2004, 12:56 AM
or extreme arm breaking difficulty for that matter.

Wuss(unless you play on very hard.)

Anyway, I do like how you can fight on you mighty steed, but the control is jerky at best. I'll give Konami and Krome the point for using rag-doll physics(I'm a sucker).

FooTM
23-12-2004, 12:57 AM
Wuss(unless you play on very hard.)

safe to say it made me cry

frodo1511
23-12-2004, 12:58 AM
safe to say it made me cry

It made me cry playing on the hardest difficulty,
It made me laugh at my friends' attempts to live.

FooTM
23-12-2004, 12:59 AM
It made me cry playing on the hardest difficulty,
It made me laugh at my friends' attempts to live.

touche

and I'm glad its safe at blockbuster video stores and not ripping my hands with its sharp edges from it being thrown to the floor and smashing into a trillion pieces...because I can do that.

frodo1511
23-12-2004, 01:02 AM
and I'm glad its safe at blockbuster video stores and not ripping my hands with its sharp edges from it being thrown to the floor and smashing into a trillion pieces...because I can do that.

What a waste of fifty bucks:P

FooTM
23-12-2004, 01:03 AM
What a waste of fifty bucks:P

3.75 in pounds sterling, as I rented it actually :) can't find the bastard pound sign on this american keyboard. On holiday in America at the moment see.

frodo1511
26-12-2004, 12:08 AM
Ok, just played the demo that comes with the DVD, and it's crap. Besides from the so-so backgrounds, the only thing that stands out is the rag-doll physics(I'm a sucker). Anyway, gameplay mechanics are terrible, VO badly done, and in-game objectives too tedious. I mean, it takes 20 WACKS from you sword to cut down 5 vines! This could've been really good, but just another average movie-game relationship.

JackYang
27-12-2004, 03:29 AM
Too bad EA didn't develope this game, instead Krome Studios developed this game.

frodo1511
27-12-2004, 04:14 AM
Too bad EA didn't develope this game, instead Krome Studios developed this game.

I'm gonna pretend I didn't hear this from you, Jack. EA is a conglomerate sucking up many of my(and I'm sure others) favorite game producers, and tarnishing their record with half-assed titles released every year. Need proof?:

deviljet88
27-12-2004, 10:21 AM
Of course EA release so many games that amongst the shit, there's a few gems. What's rag doll physics? Is it like repeatedly chopping at a body and watching it fly around or something?

frodo1511
27-12-2004, 02:24 PM
What's rag doll physics? Is it like repeatedly chopping at a body and watching it fly around or something?

Let me put it to you this way Jet: When you kill someone in a video game, let's say, Half-Life 2, they just don't fall down, they twist, shrivel, heck, even catch some air. It obeys the rules of physics(sometimes, however, you may shoot someone with a pistol, and they will go flying 100 feet).

Oh, BTW, if noone picked it out, the eagle in the pic I showed represents the Nazi eagle.

Melvin
27-12-2004, 02:59 PM
I think likening EA to the Nazis is going a bit far.

frodo1511
27-12-2004, 03:09 PM
I think likening EA to the Nazis is going a bit far.

Nope, it's just a right fit. See for yourself: (http://community.teamxbox.com/xbox/987/Challenging-EA-A-Gamer-Revolution/p1/)

FooTM
27-12-2004, 08:33 PM
EA bring out games the general public want. They (the public) don't notice the faults like repetitive gameplay or slight jagged edges on a game, so they'll go out and buy Goldeneye : Rogue Agent or NFSU2. However, we as more hardcore gamers do notice, so we buy games like Ico and Ninja Gaiden. EA are just a business selling their games, like every other developer/publisher out there.

Besides, EA BIG rock. They made SSX.

Melvin
27-12-2004, 08:36 PM
I like EA games but then I'm not really a hardcore gamer, I just like playing games to pass a little time. Plus I love Fifa (sorry, I don't like Pro Evo as much, although I will play it).

I like SSX Tricky.

frodo1511
27-12-2004, 08:49 PM
EA bring out games the general public want. They (the public) don't notice the faults like repetitive gameplay or slight jagged edges on a game, so they'll go out and buy Goldeneye : Rogue Agent or NFSU2. However, we as more hardcore gamers do notice, so we buy games like Ico and Ninja Gaiden. EA are just a business selling their games, like every other developer/publisher out there.

Besides, EA BIG rock. They made SSX.

Like I said earlier, this man is my apprentice.

NFSU was cool the first half-hour, but became VERY REPETITIVE. SRS is a much better game. Also, just becuase EA put Goldeneye in the games title dosen't mean it can compare to the best console FPS ever(it sucks majory). Pisses me off when average people vote on shitty games to be the best(hell, this works for CD's and movies as well). But it's not just that EA is selling games, their becoming the Microsoft of the gaming industry, buying out the competition, and forcing them to make half-assed games in a year, that would otherwise be amazing in 3 years, just so they have control of a certain fiscal year quarter. With their NFL deal, and now buying 20% of Ubisoft, the last game I'll ever buy from them is Timesplitters: Future Perfect.
I pray to God that Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory dosen't get involved in their shit.

FooTM
27-12-2004, 08:57 PM
Like I said earlier, this man is my apprentice.

But it's not just that EA is selling games, their becoming the Microsoft of the gaming industry, buying out the competition, and forcing them to make half-assed games in a year, that would otherwise be amazing in 3 years, just so they have control of a certain fiscal year quarter. With their NFL deal, and now buying 20% of Ubisoft, the last game I'll ever buy from them is Timesplitters: Future Perfect.
I pray to God that Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory dosen't get involved in their shit.

Problem is, if EA buy shares and shit in all these companies, they won't learn anything at all. They'll be rolling in money, and won't care whether crappy games are released or not. However, Microsoft learnt that lesson by buying Rare, probably the worst deal of the century, considering the good FPS side of Rare broke off to make Free Radical, and now Rare are the average game (Grabbed by the faggoty Ghoulies), delay (Kameo) kings.

Meh. Splinter Cell wasn't great. I love Metal Gear Solid though :D

frodo1511
27-12-2004, 09:02 PM
Meh. Splinter Cell wasn't great. I love Metal Gear Solid though :D

How can you say that?! Splinter Cell was one of the most revolutionay games of 2002. It completly reimagined the entire stealth-action genre, compared to Metal Gear Solid, which has more action, less stealth in it.
Besides, it has the BEST LIGHT/SHADOWS seen this side of Half-Life 2.
Pandora Tommorow continued to up the bar with the most unique multiplayer seen in a long time: 1st person mercenaries vs. 3rd person spies. I still get a kick out of it. And Chaos Theroy will have some of the best Normal-mapping out there, it'll be REAL LOOKING, compared to the shiny outline other games have, and It'll have REALISTIC WATER, not the mercury-looking crap on other games. Add to that brand-new cooperative online missions, and you have an early contender for Game of the Year.

I'll agree that the Microsoft/Rare deal was a waste of money, but their remaking one of my favorite games from the Nintendo 64: Conker. It has unbelieveable fur-shading, hilarious jokes, and some decent gameplay. I can't wait for it.

FooTM
27-12-2004, 09:07 PM
How can you say that?! Splinter Cell was one of the most revolutionay games of 2002. It completly reimagined the entire stealth-action genre, compared to Metal Gear Solid, which has more action, less stealth in it.
Besides, it has the BEST LIGHT/SHADOWS seen this side of Half-Life 2.
Pandora Tommorow continued to up the bar with the most unique multiplayer seen in a long time: 1st person mercenaries vs. 3rd person spies. I still get a kick out of it. And Chaos Theroy will have some of the best Normal-mapping out there, it'll be REAL LOOKING, compared to the shiny outline other games have, and It'll have REALISTIC WATER, not the mercury-looking crap on other games. Add to that brand-new cooperative online missions, and you have an early contender for Game of the Year.

I'll agree that the Microsoft/Rare deal was a waste of money, but their remaking one of my favorite games from the Nintendo 64: Conker. It has unbelieveable fur-shading, hilarious jokes, and some decent gameplay. I can't wait for it.

I'm not bothered about MGS's lack of stealth, it was a damn fun game to play IMO.

Shadows point agreed. I was amazed when I saw it in PT.

Its a shame I don't have LIVE. Yes yes I would get it, but its impossible to in my house.

Conker better have a decent offline multiplayer with bots, otherwise I'm not getting it. I wonder how single player will fair in this game? I've heard nowt about it.

frodo1511
27-12-2004, 09:12 PM
Well, Conker's SP is basically the same game as the N64, just with updated VO, graphics, and objectives, mainly due to the fact that the game came out late in the console's lifespan. the MP looks amazing, able to challenge MechAssault 2 and Halo 2.
BTW, do you not have broadband, FooTM? What a shame:P

Sorry, but I need to get this thread back on subject: Anyone who has played this game, what are your thoughts on it? I REALLY HATED the VO, mainly becuase they sound nothing like the actors. At least hire some people that remotly sound like the actors next time please!!!

FooTM
27-12-2004, 09:13 PM
BTW, do you not have broadband, FooTM? What a shame:P

I do but its too complicated and costly for me to set it up

Jacoby
28-12-2004, 02:47 AM
Don't get LIVE, FooTM. It's stocked full with complete assholes. I was going to buy Halo 2 and Live a month ago, but decided not to because I realized I hate playing games like that online. Games that all the dicks play. They'll sit and tell you Halo is better than Metroid Prime because Master Chief is Baaaddaassss. Anyways, I bought a Nintendo DS and a Gamecube instead. Best choice ever.

Also, Frodo, stop calling FooTM your "apprentice". He knows more about games than you. How could you say Splinter Cell is better than MGS? And MGS has as much stealth as you create. If you just take Snake into a middle of a room and try to Rambo everything, it's your loss. You can go through majority of the game unnoticed.

14 more days 'till Minish Cap! 15 more days till RE4. Luff.

frodo1511
28-12-2004, 03:44 AM
Don't get LIVE, FooTM. It's stocked full with complete assholes. I was going to buy Halo 2 and Live a month ago, but decided not to because I realized I hate playing games like that online. Games that all the dicks play. They'll sit and tell you Halo is better than Metroid Prime because Master Chief is Baaaddaassss. Anyways, I bought a Nintendo DS and a Gamecube instead. Best choice ever.

Agreed, while LIVE is the best Console online adaptation in existence(yes, beating out the Dreamcast), it does have a bunch of dicks on it. My remedy is, if you have friends, play only with them, so you aren't called a noob or loser. Hell, this goes with any online game(I can't even play Tribes, the locals are so damn good). Anyway, what a coincidence, I was with my friend who bought a DS today. Very sexy, way better than the PSP.

[/QUOTE]Also, Frodo, stop calling FooTM your "apprentice". He knows more about games than you. How could you say Splinter Cell is better than MGS? And MGS has as much stealth as you create. If you just take Snake into a middle of a room and try to Rambo everything, it's your loss. You can go through majority of the game unnoticed. ][/QUOTE]

First off, both games are different in their own perspectives. MGS is more action, Splinter Cell is more stealth. People say that MGS is better because they hate to sneak around in shadows and wait 10 minutes until you can move undetected. I personally like this kind of approach, sneaking my way into a building, knocking out people from behind. Technically, you only need to fire you weapon ONCE in the first one, and I like that sort of freedom. While MGS is very cool in places, it's tiresome cutscenes and boring/confusing-as-fuck storyline bring it's greatness down in my book.

[/QUOTE]14 more days 'till Minish Cap! 15 more days till RE4. Luff.[/QUOTE]

Can't wait for both. I got to play RE4 today, and it's amazing. I walked into a trip mine around two trees, and screamed in the department store.
Zelda Minish Cap is going to be awesome(first new Zelda Gameboy game since Oracle of Seasons/Ages.

Liam
28-12-2004, 03:59 AM
First off, both games are different in their own perspectives.

Yup. And they are both shit :D

FooTM
28-12-2004, 02:48 PM
Man, Europe gets screwed over when it comes to game releases. You get KOTOR2 a few months ahead of us, same with MGS3, and Final Fantasy almost a YEAR after it comes out in Japan! Same with RE4 now, and a bunch of other games I can't remember...even Killzone, a europe-made game! Fucking Killzone!

Then again, we get Flat Out early which is a bit tasty! :D

frodo1511
28-12-2004, 04:09 PM
I don't want to hear it, the UK got Shaun of the Dead and King Arthur before America. So we're even.

FooTM
28-12-2004, 10:30 PM
King Arthur was July 1st in America whereas in Britain it was July 30th. Got the DVD earlier though :D and Shaun of the Dead is legendary.

frodo1511
29-12-2004, 02:15 AM
King Arthur was July 1st in America

July 7th. A Wednsday.

Anyway, I've only played the demo on the DVD, whoever unluc, I mean, fortunate enough to own the actual game, how is it as a whole?

Jacoby
29-12-2004, 03:07 AM
Talking about shitty videogames depresses me. Let's talk about better ones. Since we have a few more gamers (FooTM and Melvin) besides Frodo and myself (we lost our beloved Spire,) we should definitely revive the videogames thread in the general discussion.

frodo1511
29-12-2004, 02:18 PM
Jake, I was out of it for a while, but why did spire leave?
OK, I'll find the thread for us.

juanjaim
29-12-2004, 11:50 PM
Hi there again!

OK guys, I started this topic... now, what's the veredict? Is the game good or not? How would you rate it out of 4 stars?

From what I hear, it's not, but I've seen some reviews where they say it's a game similar to "LOTR: The Two Towers". The last video-game I bought was "STAR WARS: Obi-Wan" and I really regret it, so I don't want that experience to repeat again, hehe. If I buy the Director's Cut, it wouldn't help that much because I don't have that DVD-kit for the XBox... so... Would you recommend this game or should I wait this game to be half-price? :icon_conf

I have so bad luck, there aren't many places where I could rent video-games, and the few places are very expensive and they don't have much variety... :mad:

frodo1511
30-12-2004, 12:07 AM
Hi there again!

OK guys, I started this topic... now, what's the veredict? Is the game good or not? How would you rate it out of 4 stars?

From what I hear, it's not, but I've seen some reviews where they say it's a game similar to "LOTR: The Two Towers". The last video-game I bought was "STAR WARS: Obi-Wan" and I really regret it, so I don't want that experience to repeat again, hehe. If I buy the Director's Cut, it wouldn't help that much because I don't have that DVD-kit for the XBox... so... Would you recommend this game or should I wait this game to be half-price? :icon_conf

I have so bad luck, there aren't many places where I could rent video-games, and the few places are very expensive and they don't have much variety... :mad:

I'd give it a 2 1/2 out of 4- not overly great, but I've seen worse. It's defeniatiely not as good as Two Towers, however.
Don't worry about the playback kit, you don't need it. Pop in the disc, and it'll take you to a menu, asking you if you want to play the game, or watch the movie. Learned that from playing the Van Helsing demo on the DVD.

FooTM
30-12-2004, 12:23 AM
playing the Van Helsing demo on the DVD.

Unlucky.

frodo1511
30-12-2004, 04:04 AM
Unlucky.

I was just playing it for the hell of it. Sucks balls.

Keyser_so_so
03-02-2005, 09:00 PM
It hasn't come out yet over here as far as I know... It's probably been snuck out to avoid it being reviewed.