PDA

View Full Version : Poor Keira suffers burns!

StokeUK474
11-12-2004, 05:01 PM
Firing 2 guns simultaneously, one of the shots ricocheted back on her!

P.S.

Surely she's coming home for christmas, anyone know when?
Hope she and everyone else has a great christmas!

Timmy
11-12-2004, 06:38 PM
oh dear....hope it aint serious

Hazzle
11-12-2004, 09:25 PM

Ack! Not so cool. Hope she recovers soon.

I'm sure everyone echoes those sentiments but I'm sure if anyone does know when she'll be home, if she'll be home, that sort of information is quite sensitive and probably wouldn't be distributed on a public website. Sorry. :(

Jacoby
11-12-2004, 09:39 PM
She also suffered friction burns from my...nevermind.

The Black Rider
11-12-2004, 10:24 PM
Oh dear, that's terrible news. Someone's getting a prayer.

Renegade
11-12-2004, 10:37 PM
Poor Keira, that gun is probably 3 times the width of her arm. Hopefully she'll make a full recovery soon.

KnightleyNews
11-12-2004, 11:01 PM
Today's Daily Mirror said she went back to filming the same day, so it was nothing too serious I guess.

Paul

Dionysus
12-12-2004, 08:06 AM
yeah i read that on keiraweb (Paul your a news machine!) :)
hope shes ok

Ashlyn
12-12-2004, 11:59 AM
what was she doing with two guns?

Leonie
12-12-2004, 01:01 PM
Er... filming Domino? :D

Allanon
12-12-2004, 01:38 PM
ouch sounds painful. But remember what doesn´t kill you makes you stronger :D

GuinevereLover
12-12-2004, 04:04 PM
Poor Keira, I hope she gets better soon. I could always help speed her recovery if she stayed with me for a few weeks :D Just a thought! ;)

JackYang
21-12-2004, 08:25 AM
From what i've heard, she just continued filming after the injury. But of course, let's wish her the best. :icon_smil

frodo1511
23-12-2004, 01:22 AM
I find it badass when a hot girl dual-wields a coupls Automatic weapons
Makes me feel all warm inside...

SakoFan
17-01-2005, 09:30 PM

P.S.

im sorry, i fail to see how this is possible, if she was firing a couple of pistols then they would be at arms length, and the empty cases being ejected to her right, in the movie she wouldnt be using live rounds as that would be just plain stupid on the armourers side of things, she would be using blanks *which just make a loud bang* therefore one of the shots couldnt ricochet back onto her, if she was stood next to a wall, then one of the empty blank cases could have bounced off the wall and onto her, empty cases when ejected are hot, believe me, i have had a couple go down my back, it was not pleasent

Idle
17-01-2005, 09:53 PM
From this interview (http://chud.com/interviews/1045):

I've got to tell you how I got this [wound] though. I was shooting two machine guns. It was fantastic. I had a machine gun in each hand, and one of the shells from the machine gun jumped out the back and hit me right there. I didn't know until afterwards. I went home and had a shower and I had fake blood all over me and suddenly something wouldn't come off. It's a fabulous burn. I'm very proud of it because everyone looks at it and goes, “Wow, what happened?” I go, “A machine gun.”

SakoFan
17-01-2005, 10:03 PM
it wouldnt be a machine gun per se, as they would be too big, probably a submachine gun *majority fire a pistol cartridge*

this is the M60 machine gun it fires a 7.62*51mm rifle cartridge
http://www.uzitalk.net/reference/shoots/princeton2003/m60.jpg

this is a Heckler and Koch MP5 submachine gun, it fires a 9*19mm pistol cartridge
http://www.streetpro.com/usp/images/hkmp5sd.jpg
another varient of the same gun above, called the HKMP5KPDW *PDW stands for Personal Defense Weapon* just a shorter barrel, and a folding stock
http://www.streetpro.com/usp/images/hkmp5.jpg
it is small enough for a person to have one in each hand

acliff
17-01-2005, 10:35 PM
How sad and pathetic.... you're getting worked up over what she said because what she's holding is not technically a 'machine gun'?

sub machine guns are still machine guns, just smaller and more portable. So theoretically she'd be right yes?
Second point, mp5 single handed? You might be able to hold 1 in each hand, but doesn't mean she'd be able to handle the recoil.
Third point, she's probably holding ingrams (uzis) which would be 'machine pistols', but still under the broad umbrella term 'machine gun'.

You expect her to know about guns, when she's actually an 'actress'?
*sigh* some people...

SakoFan
17-01-2005, 10:43 PM
im not getting worked up over this, it is the armourers responsibility to teach the actors what they are using

which was why i posted a link to the mp5k, and dont forget the MP5 series has numerous trigger mechanisms *not on the same trigger unit* semi, two shot burst, three shot burst, and full auto

it may be an Ingram or it could even be the Micro *or is it Mini* UZI *i cant remember

Dionysus
18-01-2005, 12:11 AM
shaddup you fuckin gun nuts
she got burned by a hot shell
who cares about the details of the gun
its a fuckin movie, chill out

Edward
20-01-2005, 04:22 PM
LOL at sakofan... :p

sorry, i also know about guns but that post was a bit.... :o

perrow
27-01-2005, 01:37 PM
Some1 said she was filming Domino, is it the comic character or an adaptation of the book?

P.M me an answer i don't have much time to send on web due to the duties of playing guitar. (lead guitar is prefered, more fun to play)

apoggy
27-01-2005, 03:23 PM
Comic character honest