PDA

View Full Version : A Good Thriller

Sarah
30-11-2004, 02:36 PM
For my Media coursework, we have to make a opening sequence to a new thriller film.

We have a basic plot, but what is good for an opening to a thriller? Ideas, people, thanking you.

hasselbrad
30-11-2004, 02:52 PM
To make it up to date:

Someone being watched surrepticiously as they chat online via their webcam which has been hacked. Then, the scene could shift to the hacker/voyeur who is in a van with a laptop just down the street.

To make it classic:

There is a gunshot. A woman, walking alone, looks toward the source of the sound and sees a man hurrying from the scene. He spots her, she begins to run and a chase ensues.

Having some idea of the plot, however, would give me more of an angle from which to write.

Richard
30-11-2004, 09:14 PM
Have a stranger call. Don't make it like Scream though.

IBO
01-12-2004, 06:37 PM
Start with a long jail/ dungeon hall with only one door at the end of the hall. Make it nice and dark. Then slowly come closer and closer to the door. While doing that create some kind of story. Then when you reach the door have a shadow pass in front of you. Then go to a black screen???.
________
LovelyWendie99 (http://www.lovelywendie99.com/)

Ashley
01-12-2004, 06:40 PM
Just show the hands of some mad man cleaning various torture tools and knives... that idea kinda sucks... I'll think of something better.

IBO
01-12-2004, 06:43 PM
That's pretty good
________
Wholesale vaporizer (http://vaporizerwholesaler.com)

hasselbrad
01-12-2004, 06:43 PM
Just show the hands of some mad man cleaning various torture tools and knives... that idea kinda sucks... I'll think of something better.

Actually, that's pretty good. It could be someone's hands cleaning and loading pistols, slowly, one bullet at a time. You don't know if it's a good guy seeking justice or a bad guy gettin' ready to be bad.

Ashley
01-12-2004, 06:48 PM
Ho ho! Those film classes seem to actually have come in handy. Now that I think about it, you can have the guy cleaning and loading and what not have some classical music playing in the background, and have him inaudibly and deeply mummbling something to himself... that's always weird and creepy.

Jacoby
01-12-2004, 08:11 PM

You definitely stole that from the movie Se7en. I still think you should use it though.

Richard
01-12-2004, 09:44 PM
You definitely stole that from the movie Se7en. I still think you should use it though.

Actually, it sounds more like A Nightmare On Elm Street. I don't recall that from Se7en.

Renegade
02-12-2004, 03:28 AM
Have a bunch of people partying atop a skyscraper. Then, in comes a bullet from a neighboring building. So the cops are called and they chase the sniper around the building until they reach a room where they find a note with clues to where he is...written in blood to make it fancy shmancy.

Ashley
02-12-2004, 04:08 AM

I've actually never seen Seven or Nightmare on Elm Street. Well I did see the big obese man in Seven but that's it, I loath Freddy and Jason type movies.

Bait
02-12-2004, 04:41 AM
i think you could start it out with the camera following a girl around the house slowly and make it a close up so it looks like someone is following her in the house and she doesnt know about it. then have her get her purse hanging on the closet door and when she picks it up there is blood on the it and she doesnt notice it (this whole scene will have that suspense music playing the back ground) and then have her cell phone ring really loud and then she will pick it up and you will hear a scream and see a knife cut her throat...and then the scene cuts to her friend that was on the cell phone and she heard the whole thing (screaming and mumbling and gurgling sounds from the blood in her throat)

then have it be like any other scary movie where they try to find the killer and make it look like the "loser" at school, kid always getting picked on is the killer, but make the murderer a female teacher that the girls didnt want to screw or something...

btw for the music for the opening scene: http://www.freelibrarymusic.com/Genre.asp?Category=Score&Genre=Suspense&start=11#

you can use number 20 or 50 :)

Ashley
02-12-2004, 05:14 AM
I thought of this while walking to my car from class because... well it kinda happened.

Anyway, have someone walking and the camera behind and above the person looking down so you can see the sidewalk, then a shadow comes from behind and follows the person, the person looks around but there is no one behind him or her.

... or so they think.

Narg
02-12-2004, 07:34 AM
I got a great idea, have some spanish retarded dude, who walks around shitting his pants and smearing shit on peoples faces when they are asleep, the catch is, nobody knows why he does it, and nobody can remove the horrid stench of poo from their faces!. It's Gold Jerry, It's Gold!.

hasselbrad
02-12-2004, 12:11 PM
feces on faces?!?! Brilliant!

Narg
02-12-2004, 12:48 PM
I know, I know, *Blush*

apoggy
02-12-2004, 01:37 PM
I think you should hire Cliff as a Ninja assassin, bent on massacring the entire KKW lower ranks due to their infestation with a brain debilitating desease. He be the goody.