PDA

View Full Version : I am the Ginger Bearded Dwarf...

hasselbrad
18-11-2004, 09:24 PM
...and I want to steal your team!

http://images.usatoday.com/sports/soccer/_photos/2004-11-17-glazer-ins.jpg

We plan on moving it to Tampa and calling Tamp-chester United. Muwhahahaha

Seriously, have you people rebuffed the little fucker yet?

Jacoby
18-11-2004, 09:27 PM
Explination, please...

hasselbrad
18-11-2004, 09:31 PM
Malcom Glazer owns the Tampa Bay Buccaneers. He is involved in a hostile takeover of Manchester United. The English refer to him as a "ginger bearded dwarf".

Jacoby
18-11-2004, 09:32 PM
:icon_lol: Oh, alright... Thanks for that... I'll let the English respond now.

Sarah
18-11-2004, 09:44 PM
I'll stab him before he gets hold of Man U.

I mean, I hate ManU, but I wouldn't wish him on them!!

hasselbrad
18-11-2004, 10:34 PM
Judging from the response he's getting, there may be a line.
I just love the moniker "ginger bearded dwarf". Funny as hell.

Jacoby
18-11-2004, 10:39 PM
This guy seems like a dick. You know, I bet he's just doing it for the money and he knows nothing of soccer. Yeah, he's greedy and he's just in it for the money. Bet that last sentence hit you like a ton of bricks.

hasselbrad
18-11-2004, 10:41 PM
What? He's in it for the money? Pshawww.
Remember the Run DMC song, You Be Illin'?
He's the guy who screams Touchdown!

Donnie Dorko
19-11-2004, 12:20 AM
I'm glad. I hate Man U.

DragonRat
19-11-2004, 01:42 AM
I don't care about Glazer's attempt to buy out Man U (it's their position for being a publicly traded company). But, if Glazer does get a majority stake in Man U, then I don't see what the big deal is. Sure, it means that a thoroughly British and worldwide-renowned company will be owned by an American (which could very well brew unwanted despisal from hardcore Man U fans, but that just means more football coverage in America and an increased interest in Premiership football overseas. Man U already have all the money in the world, so it's not like Glazer's going to act all Abramovich about it and buy everyone. (Man U does that anyway :P.)

Oh, and I hate Man U as well. I heart David Dein and Arsene Wenger.

hasselbrad
19-11-2004, 12:28 PM
Their bone of contention is that he will have to be leveraged up to his eyeballs to make it happen, and they don't want that risk. From what I've read (which, admittedly is not a lot) Man U is debt free and in very good shape profitwise. They don't want to see that put at risk by an over-leveraged, ginger-bearded dwarf.

hasselbrad
02-05-2007, 05:16 PM
Again, thank you to the guest who was reading this thread.
Kind of interesting several seasons later to see Manchester United back at the top of the table, still in the running to repeat the treble. Not exactly the implosion that everyone predicted, though to be fair, the financial straits may become far more unfogiving in the years to come.
Also, it's interesting to see that Liverpool and Aston Villa are also owned by American interests.

Or not...way to go down in flames at Milan Man U.

Hazzle
03-05-2007, 02:21 PM
Treble? You're having a laugh!

I TOLD you they'd go out. Just so you know, I predicted a Milan v Liverpool final once I knew who the last 4 clubs were. Just had a feeling it'd be a the rematch from two years ago, especially with the dodgy way Milan got into the competition this year. They've wanted revenge ever since that night in Istanbul. Hope to God they get it...

Manchester United's success actually has nothing to do with the takeover. Their net spend is actually negative meaning they've made more money on transfers than they've spent. So the Glazers haven't ploughed any money into the club, but have put it under a massive weight of debt. Short-term fluke, the imposion is round the corner...have faith Brad ;)

The success this season is entirely down to Chelsea naturally imploding, as they were due to do. Abramovich and Mourinho are both too big egos to work together, I'm amazed it lasted this long. Roman wants a "Yes" man, and considering the money he's put into the club, who can blame him? Silly man though...without Mourinho all that money would've been pointless. Real Madrid have proven that buying Galacticos isn't the way to win trophies.

Liverpool are still in transition, new buys taking time to settle in. Although I didn't buy into some people I know who were predicting they'd win the league this year, I did think they'd bought well and with time those buys would make them title contenders. They're certainly a better squad than they were last season and I expect they'll buy well in the summer again. Watch for them next year.

Arsenal are...well...Arsenal. We've lost and drawn too many games we should've won. We miss goals from midfield (Reyes and Pires both got more goals last season than any of our midfielders have this year). There's no captain (Thierry is no leader of men), and no midfield enforcer (two ways in which we miss Vieira). The new stadium is having an impact, true, as have injuries, but those are excuses. The manager's fucked up, and needs to address the problems in the summer or go.

mehrdad368
05-05-2007, 03:48 PM
Don't talk anymore about MAN U.They were fucked by KAKA.Before the semifinal matches started i bet with my friends that Liverpool VS Milan will be final and they laughed at me but now they have to give me 5 pizza.I'm happy.:D

Hazzle
08-05-2007, 08:57 AM
Kaka is fucking awesome. Best player in Europe.

And the other midfielders aren't bad either. Pirlo, fantastic during the World Cup, as was Gattuso, and Seedorf seems to have rediscovered the form that's got him to five different Champions League finals (one with Ajax, one with Madrid, and now 3 with Milan). Not to mention he's won it 3 out of 4 times and may make it 4 out of 5.