PDA

View Full Version : Ideal Place?

Louie
18-11-2004, 08:31 PM
What is your ideal place to live? Mine is in the Appalachian mountains, doesn't matter what state though. The Appalachian area has such beautiful nature, all the flowers, mountains, rivers, gorges, they are just beautiful. The majority of the people there are nice too. It's just very laid back and relaxed there, and it's much better than South Florida. Everyone here is always in a rush, there's way too many people here, and there's too much crime here too. You get everything stolen here.

Foeni
18-11-2004, 08:39 PM
I find it really hard to name an ideal place. There are so many wonderful places on earth, so naming one is kinda impossible. I think I live in a quite cosy little town, about 22,000 people, no hard crime, not very much crime at all. My town got couple of little forests, and a little park. That's about it, and I like living here. But ideal? I don't think there is a such place.

johnnyboy
18-11-2004, 08:51 PM
Hmmm, ideal place would either be St. Bartholomew (French island in the Caribbean) or Australia, both are beautiful, warm year-round, have friendly people, and SAILING, I love sailing.

Preferably I'd live there with my wife *johnnyboy hopes really hard on his girlfriend*

Richard
18-11-2004, 10:12 PM
Orange County. Be a geek chic like Seth Cohen.

hasselbrad
18-11-2004, 10:31 PM
Here!

http://www.theborghese.com/borghese/index.htm

Jacoby
18-11-2004, 10:32 PM
As my dad would say, "blue and at the bottom of the ocean."

Hmm..ideal place? Some nice little town in Europe. Wouldn't matter where in Europe, just as long as they speak English. Yo no learno other languages-o good-o.

MeggieHoops
18-11-2004, 10:51 PM
Paradise Island in the Bahamas...it's my favorite place in the whole world. It's beautiful and fun and exciting and warm and always fabulous.

Renegade
19-11-2004, 12:03 AM
Chicago, Illinois. I've been there 5 times and it gets better with each visit. A beautiful downtown environment, chilly windy weathers, and I always wanted to experience a snowy winter. Plus, it's right next to Lake Michigan, which makes for unlimited fishing expeditions.

bob
19-11-2004, 12:48 AM
prague or toronto. but sydney's still pretty ideal to me.

DragonRat
19-11-2004, 01:21 AM
I'd probably settle down in my hometown of San Francisco, but I'd always want to explore elsewhere in the world before.

Liam
19-11-2004, 04:16 AM
Europe. The Netherlands, specifically. I've grown weary of long, hot summers and desire depressing, dull weather year round.

I happen to have a lovely girlfriend waiting back there for me too, which is nice.

Pygmalion
19-11-2004, 06:26 AM
Orange County. Be a geek chic like Seth Cohen.

Lol yes, but only if you lived in one of their HUGE houses. Even Ryan's pool house would be awesome...

deviljet88
19-11-2004, 06:28 AM
No idea, but nearly anywhere in Europe is better than Melbourne.

Flightfreak
19-11-2004, 08:55 AM
Paradise Island in the Bahamas...it's my favorite place in the whole world. It's beautiful and fun and exciting and warm and always fabulous.
it never snows there? ;)
i dont really have a fave place, everyplace on earth has its charms

Liam
19-11-2004, 08:57 AM
No idea, but nearly anywhere in Europe is better than Melbourne.

Harr.

Anywhere in the world is better than Melbourne.

deviljet88
19-11-2004, 09:46 AM
Harr.

Anywhere in the world is better than Melbourne.
Don't see you exactly attempting to prolong your stay in Sydney after experiencing the delights of Europe.

Donnie Dorko
19-11-2004, 03:49 PM
it never snows there? ;)
i dont really have a fave place, everyplace on earth has its charms

Yeah, I need the snow. I love the snow.

My favourite place in the entire world? Well, that'd be in the arms of the girl I'm madly in love with, the love of my life, the woman of my dreams.

But I assume we mean geographic locations so let's say, if your own home city (London in my case) is excluded, New York, New York. I love New York City. Almost as much, maybe even more, than home here in London.

hasselbrad
19-11-2004, 03:51 PM
As my dad would say, "blue and at the bottom of the ocean."

Hmm..ideal place? Some nice little town in Europe. Wouldn't matter where in Europe, just as long as they speak English. Yo no learno other languages-o good-o.

Thanks, Jake! Coffee feels great coming out of my nose.

meegaan1
21-11-2004, 05:20 AM
I'd like to live maybe in Paris in a townehouse or apartment with a balcony that looks right at the Eiffel Tower, or in Bavaria. I hear it's beautiful.

ryan
21-11-2004, 06:14 AM
I don't know to be honest. I haven't seen but .001% of the world, if that. I'm hoping to get out and see more of it. Perhaps then I can make a guess.

but, if i had to choose right now, i'd say a remote (secluded) place somewhere in europe or somewhere down south in the states on the beach with as few neighbors as possible.

Nick
21-11-2004, 08:03 AM
I know how you feel Ryan, I've only been outside the United States twice in my whole life and both times I went to Canada. However I have also been to Hawaii and even though it's technically a U.S. state it was practically like being in another country.
As for where I would want to live, I think somewhere in Ireland mainly because they have good beer and invented whiskey. What more could you want.

aspro
21-11-2004, 08:21 AM
Anywhere at least 1000kms from The Big Hole (tm) (Hobart for the uneducated ;))

Mags
21-11-2004, 12:46 PM
The 15 miles or so of coastline running along Route 1 in Connecticut. This would encompass Stonington, Mystic, and Gales Ferry, but you have to throw in Watch Hill, Rhode Island there too. It's...the most beautiful bit of land I've ever seen, and I'll plead ignorance on the rest of the world, because I haven't been there yet.

http://users.rcn.com/cdd/wtchill2.JPG

Watch Hill. Mmm

Scott
21-11-2004, 12:51 PM
Who wants to stay in one place though? I want to be a travelling freak show!

Pygmalion
24-11-2004, 08:52 AM
1st on my list is Paris. I LOVe Paris, a week there wasn't long enough
then I'd move to Brittagne or however you spell it because its so "picturesque" lol
THEN....over to Germany for a few years
and I'd retirew to the hippy town of Bellingen in northern NSW. Its on the edge of a rainforest and its really cool!