PDA

View Full Version : Hungry?

hasselbrad
17-11-2004, 04:07 PM
Try this...

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/6498304/?GT1=5809

Mandy
17-11-2004, 04:08 PM
That looks fucking wonderful. Down with McDonald's. Hardee's for President.

hasselbrad
17-11-2004, 04:11 PM
A pound of beef, cheese, bacon and mayo...on a buttered bun.
I love the fact that with all of that, they still thought it needed something else.

Mandy
17-11-2004, 04:13 PM
Obviously, fat Americans aren't fat enough.

Ashley
17-11-2004, 04:14 PM
Hardee's is so foul. I know this isn't really the point of the thread, but Backyard Burger has the best fast food burgers.

Hardee's is even grosser now that I read that article. The Thickburger is a heart attack on a bun. 1000 or more calories!! :icon_surp That's just gross.

hasselbrad
17-11-2004, 04:15 PM
I bet that would go good with a milkshake...and a coronary.

Mandy
17-11-2004, 04:16 PM
I think I'd still prefer a double quarter pounder with cheese. Mmm.

hasselbrad
17-11-2004, 04:19 PM
I don't think we have Backyard Burger down here, but I know they are in the ATL. I shall give them a try.
Steak-n-Shake burgers are my favorite.

Mags
17-11-2004, 04:30 PM
Hardee's is barf world!! Hardee's is barf world!! Hardee's is barf world!!

ah, family memories, where my sisters and I would yell that for hours at my dad rather than eat at Hardee's on vacation at my grandfather's in Alabama. Hardee's is just gross. Gross gross gross.

And that burger? vomit. Hardee's, in addition to being gross, is retarded.

Flightfreak
17-11-2004, 04:50 PM
hm, i love MacDonalds :p

http://www.flyingcirkus.com/forum/uploads/Dflier/2004-09-05_231840_chicken_head_nugget.jpg

IBO
17-11-2004, 05:03 PM
That is FUCKED UP
________
NEW JERSEY MEDICAL MARIJUANA (http://newjersey.dispensaries.org/)

Ashley
17-11-2004, 05:05 PM
That's is the foulest thing I've ever seen. In second would be the chicken heart I found in a piece of Kentucky Fried Chicken.

Mags
17-11-2004, 05:16 PM
Sweet Jesus.

That is horrifying. I don't have any horror stories of my own with regards to fast food, but my sister's best friend got a chicken sandwich from Wendy's that had an embolism right in the middle of the chicken breast... a big ole blood clot.

And at this local restaurant/pub near my house in Houston called The Black Labrador, we were all eating dinner and my sister looked down at her salad and there was a worm on her fork. A live worm. Just...wiggling. I had to leave the table, and it wasn't even my food.

Anyway, Hardee's is disgusting. How exactly are they marketing this? Because if they're not making it incredibly clear to folks in Alabama that this sandwich could very well shorten their life-span, they might be in for some lawsuits.

Woo. Vomit.

Richard
17-11-2004, 07:37 PM
Somebody answer me this regarding that ad several posts above. There's no denial that that incident was horrific, but way must people insist on sueing these corporations if they so encounter that ordeal? To me, I think it's just some lame-ass excuse to get money... lots of money. It's a wonder people just don't eat fast food everyday hoping to find pieces of hair, or even rat in their food.

Granted, I have no idea what it's like to be that situation. But how does $100,000 change the fact that you've been practiclly violated? If I read correctly, she didn't actually eat the chicken. Though that might not matter, don't you think it would be more practical if you just decided not to dine in that restaurant anymore?

If I was in that position fully knowing that money can be at the other end of the equation, that alone can be convincing enough, but I just don't see the brilliance in the matter. That might be the wrong word to use.

It's just a question guys, I don't want to be yelled at. I just want to be educated - in a very respectable manner.

EDIT: I think I'm changing my opinion. I just read Mags response about that whole blood clot in the chicken... shit... vomit. :icon_eek:

Ashley
17-11-2004, 08:51 PM
My question is, how the hell did no one working notice there was a chieck head in there? Mags and I discussed this a bit. You have to prepare the chicken to be dipped and crap like that. Then someone has to put it in the box. I think if I was working I'd notice a nugget in the shape of a head, and one that is 2x the normal nug size.

hasselbrad
17-11-2004, 09:05 PM
Two, four, six, eight...all we do is litigate!

It is, an out and out abuse of our legal system, which has devolved into some sort of lottery in the eyes of many Americans. The British own us in this regard. They have a loser pays system, which discourages frivolous lawsuits. If this sort of system were in place here, it would be far less attractive to roll the dice in court.
As far as the chicken head goes...
This seems like it happened several years ago, and if memory serves me, there may have been something fraudulent about the case. I may be confusing it with the mouse in the Coke, though. Also, it is highly unlikely that any whole part of a chicken would wind up as a McNugget because the chicken is ground and then formed into little patties.

CFC
17-11-2004, 09:08 PM
Fast food is bad.

(Except for Quiznos)

hasselbrad
17-11-2004, 09:21 PM
Quizno's ain't exactly fast. :p

Narg
17-11-2004, 11:49 PM
My question is, how the hell did no one working notice there was a chieck head in there? Mags and I discussed this a bit. You have to prepare the chicken to be dipped and crap like that. Then someone has to put it in the box. I think if I was working I'd notice a nugget in the shape of a head, and one that is 2x the normal nug size.

Because its a load of bullshit, first off, do you know how many hands that nugget would go thru before it actually got to that lady, its been battered, crummed, cooked, packaged, served, and no1 noticed a giant head + neck of a chicken, yeah right. Also, when im eating nuggets, I look at them, like most people, the first thing i'd do is "wtf look at the size of that nugget" then an instant later realise what it is, I wouldnt just bring it too my mouth, wtf was she thinking. After working in a fast food outlett for 4 years, I think that story is a load of bullshit.

Also, that burger is making me hungry, I'd eat it, fo sho.

Jacoby
17-11-2004, 11:57 PM
First off, that burger looks delicious.

Second, about that McDonalds thing. I think it's fake, after reading what Narg and Ash wrote. But why did they have to write a story on the side of that picture? They could have wrote "Look what this lady found!" and been done with it. Whatever. If the story is true, it's retarded that she sued them. I would have taken the two weeks of free food fo sho'. MuFuGangsta.

Edit: Whoa. Two minutes after I entered this post, my mom came home with some Chicken McNuggets. Awesome. And she got me a McDonalds soup. Creame of Brocoli. McDonalds' soup is amazing.

Ashley
18-11-2004, 08:25 PM
Edit: Whoa. Two minutes after I entered this post, my mom came home with some Chicken McNuggets. Awesome. And she got me a McDonalds soup. Creame of Brocoli. McDonalds' soup is amazing.

I hope you checked the nuggets for heads with the necks still attached. They could be trickey to spot.

McDonalds has soup?! Since when?

johnnyboy
18-11-2004, 08:58 PM
Try this...

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/6498304/?GT1=5809

Holy SHIT That is the most foul thing I have ever seen, I can feel my arteries clogging just looking at that thing.

Besides, aren't Americans fat enough? I just read some research that asked the question, which primates are the heaviest?

First place goes to...drum roll please....morbidly obese humans, followed in second place by gorillas, and gorillas have an average weight of 485 pounds.

In other words, STOP WITH THE FUCKING FAST FOOD

Jacoby
18-11-2004, 09:18 PM
I hope you checked the nuggets for heads with the necks still attached. They could be trickey to spot.

I prefer the chicken heads. They're lovely with BBQ sauce. No luck this time, though...only regular nuggets. :\
McDonalds has had soup as a special deal for a few years now. Only during the winter. See if your McDonalds is one of the "participating" ones. It's great.

In other words, STOP WITH THE FUCKING FAST FOOD Neither Hardee's nor myself will rest until all Americans are fat. More than half-way there...

But seriously, can't we enjoy a ridiculously over sized burger every once and a while?

Bait
18-11-2004, 11:24 PM
i wouldnt eat it..because i dont think i can eat that much :P
also i like the A&W by my school because the guy gives us free stuff for coming in 3 times a week :)
also i think mcdonalds or burger king has to be the worst that ive had and i never eat there

Jacoby
18-11-2004, 11:42 PM
Nah, Burger King and Wendy's are quality resturants. McDonalds is shitty, but the other two are good.

deviljet88
19-11-2004, 05:45 AM
Yes, such as Victoria. Only thing that puts Hungry Jacks over the edge is free drink refills at their "restaurant" branches.

hasselbrad
19-11-2004, 12:42 PM

McDonalds in Maine have lobster rolls. Strangely, many years ago, while in Maine, a McDonalds lobster roll was the best lobster I had on the whole trip.