PDA

View Full Version : Alias

Mags
17-11-2004, 02:12 AM
Well, the return date for Alias has FINALLY been announced and I for one am counting the days like the absolute loser I am.

January 5, 2005.

Not sure of the time because it's going to be two hours long.

Who else is excited? Who thinks this show is the worst thing on television?

I can't believe there wasn't an Alias thread before. Outrage.

I also just can't wait for the show to come back. I started watching it over the summer on DVD and now own all of the seasons on DVD. I've never actually watched a single episode on television, which is probably bizarre.

Anyway, Alias. Awesome yes?

Donnie Dorko
17-11-2004, 02:37 AM
Worst thing on TV if you ask me, but clearly you'd disagree. I respect your opinion, I just don't like it myself.

Karen Sisco's a better show with a similar styling though, in my opinion.

Renegade
17-11-2004, 03:05 AM
I never really got into Alias. I always doubted Jennifer Garner's talent in making action scenes look real, especially in combat. Maybe you can prove me wrong Mags.

nekeiraboy
17-11-2004, 03:36 AM
I think Alias is really one of the best shows on tv!!!! Definitley hooked, have all three seasons on dvd, cant wait for season 4!!!!!

ryan
17-11-2004, 04:16 AM
Worst thing on TV if you ask me, but clearly you'd disagree. I respect your opinion, I just don't like it myself.

Karen Sisco's a better show with a similar styling though, in my opinion.

rofl
karen sisco? give me a break.

Alias is one of the best drama's on TV if you ask me.
and spire, garner can definitely make action sequences look good.

I for one am very excited for season 4.

guinie22
17-11-2004, 06:27 AM
I love Alias!
It is definitely my favorite show on TV. I'm not sure how excited I am about it now being on Wednesday nights, though. I will have to tape it in order to watch it.
It is supposed to return to the format of the earlier seasons- which I for one am excited about! Towards the end of the third season, it was getting a little campy and out there. But the best moment was season 2's finale- I was screaming at my TV, I got so into it!
I can't wait til January!!

Mags
17-11-2004, 06:33 AM
Yeah, the season finale of 2 completely threw me.

I'm not wild about the Wednesday time slot, but I do realize ABC is loving Desperate Housewives and needs to keep their time. I'm going to have to record Alias while I watch The West Wing, or vice versa, because I love both shows and they'll now have the same time slot.

I love Garner's action stuff. The only fight scene I ever noticed that felt choreographed was the first ever fight scene in the pilot, everything else looked awesome, especially toward the end of season 3. The actual plot wasn't great, but the action was much better. There's some stuff at the end of season 3 that was incredible.

Kriv
17-11-2004, 08:18 AM
Alias kicks ass, it's up there with Lost!

aspro
17-11-2004, 11:57 AM
Never got into it, seems too much like every other drama-spy action film.

aznkkfan
18-11-2004, 01:40 AM
I love Alias! It's not really a Kick assing tv series if you look into it. What's gonna happen this season?

Jacoby
18-11-2004, 01:45 AM
I would watch this show if Jennifer Garner didn't have such a manly chin. She can do without the manly hands, also.

Elijahfan
18-11-2004, 02:42 AM
yes jacoby i agree. everyone in my family makes fun of me for watching alias because jennifer garner is so manly- ish. very musclelar arms but those dipples make her so cute. but i've watched almost every episode since it came on air. i like to stick with shows from the beginning to end. i hope it's not a spoiler for anyone, but i'm so mad that sark isnt a regular anymore! and i was really angry that ABC wasnt going to bring alias back until janaury that i mailed a letter to ABC about it. yeah i have no life but it was the summer, plus a bunch of other people online did it too. i've been watching shows with "strong female characters" since forever. since buffy, i was about 8 at the time, then there was dark angel and now alias. cant wait for it to finally come on!

Mistikle
29-11-2004, 06:30 AM
well i love alias too!!
it's very interesting and it's just great!
i dont think there's nothing wrong with Alias!!

Foeni
29-11-2004, 08:18 AM
I haven't seen it a lot. The time of the broadcasting was too late.... But what I saw whas good..

duckula
29-11-2004, 11:25 AM
Alias, shoddy tv for wooly minded imbeciles.

Mags
29-11-2004, 04:31 PM
Liar, you know you love it. It's no West Wing, but it's fun.

There was an Alias promo that aired during Desperate Housewives last week. It was awesome. You can download it here (http://alias-media.com/modules.php?name=Downloads&d_op=NewDownloadsDate&selectdate=1101058223) if you want.

Jasper
29-11-2004, 06:04 PM
As long as there are more scenes of Jennifer Garner in lingerie... I'm down.

ryan
30-11-2004, 03:23 AM
Liar, you know you love it. It's no West Wing, but it's fun.

There was an Alias promo that aired during Desperate Housewives last week. It was awesome. You can download it here (http://alias-media.com/modules.php?name=Downloads&d_op=NewDownloadsDate&selectdate=1101058223) if you want.

thanks for the link mags.

oh, and whoever thinks jennifer garner is manly is either blind or homosexual.
a lean, toned woman with a smile that like....damn, that's hot.

Mags
30-11-2004, 05:59 AM
I think she's gorgeous, but she walks funny...I mean, I think the show is awesome, and I wish Jennifer Garner were my best friend, but she walks like...with her shoulders really far back and I think it's that that makes her look manly some times.

And I am not a huge fan of the bangs...but whatev.

Can't wait for the Alias.

Mags
08-01-2005, 06:24 PM
*bump*

So what'd you guys think about the premiere?

Kelsey
08-01-2005, 10:45 PM
I'm glad it's back to how it started...last season was not the best. I'm pissed about her sister though (why does every show feel they need to throw in a sister character: Buffy....Charmed....?) I even heard a rumor that this season will introduce yet another sister, but that doesn't sound like something Abrams would do. I hope Nadia dies...I think she will.

Mags
09-01-2005, 01:47 AM
I don't think they'll kill her off. And so far she's a lot more tolerable than stupid Lauren.

I was pissed they killed off Irina. Lena Olin was awesome, even if she said she wouldn't come back to the show...you'd think she'd come back for one more episode. I mean...just one?

Kelsey
09-01-2005, 02:04 AM
When did he kill her, because he spent all last season talking to her! Didn't Irina help save Syd?! Gah...I'm pissed that she is [supposedly] dead, and that she turned on Syd like that.

Yeah, Nadia is better than Lauren, but I don't want there to be anyone on there but Sydney. Not her sister, not her kid, not anything else they make think up.

Boyscout
09-01-2005, 04:47 AM
I love Alias,too. But I'm wondering how I can get the DVDs of SEASON 3... Is that pathetic?
So now I don't have any ideas what you are talking about. Does Syd have a sister or something? I know Michael has married a bitch, but what happened then?
Forgive me, for I can't get Alias in China~~~~~~~~~~

Mags
09-01-2005, 07:53 AM
Ah shit, yeah. Um...as for the DVDs...I'd try Ebay. I know they have a lot of Asian versions on there...they're usually ripped badly, and the quality isn't so good I hear, but you'd have them.

I actually own all three seasons on DVD...my pride and joy.

Seeing as how you're kind of missing out on all the Alias fun, I'd recommend heading to Television Without Pity - Alias (http://www.televisionwithoutpity.com/show.cgi?show=75&sort=&limit=all). They do recaps of EVERY episode of Alias if you want to get caught up, with the added bonus that they're HILARIOUS.

*spoilers* (sort of)

To Kels...the people I was with on Wednesday all tried to figure out when Jack could have killed Irina. We know there was a month after Vaughn killed Lauren (and burned his house down, the spurned darling). I'm not sure where Syd's Wittenburg trip would have fit in. The last time Jack "spoke" to Irina was in...the third to last episode last year. It's really quite hard to make all the time fit. Also, when the fuck did Syd go to Russia to bury her? It's all bizarre. I'm not sure why Irina wanted to kill Syd, but remember that her sister, Katya, helped Syd once and then was going to kill her in Palermo in the season finale last year.

Nothing's easy to make sense of on Alias.

Kelsey
09-01-2005, 05:19 PM
Yeah, I knew Irina's sister tried to kill her and then Sydney pulled that fantastic stunt on her. Hopefully, they'll explain it more, because I'd say there are some definite stones unturned.

What do you think about Sloan being back?! I can't believe it. I loved Marshall's reaction to Sloan when he first got there.

Mags
09-01-2005, 06:11 PM
That was the funniest part of the show. "Sss...Syd...Sloane is heeeerrreee."

That was excellent. And I read somewhere that Isabella Rossellini is very very interested in coming back, so that might help explain it some. As for Sloane being back...I dunno. I don't really buy that the CIA would put him in charge of a black-ops unit. Syd was right, it doesn't make any sense, and I don't think they would do it, even with Syd, Jack, and Vaughn (who have never been able to catch him when he was on the run before) there to keep watch.

And you know what would have made the show better? Will. I miss Will.

ryan
09-01-2005, 07:02 PM
i loved it.

they're going old school with the episodes/action it looks like, with the syd/dixon combo and a little vaughn thrown in there to boot...and all under the supervision of sloane with jack doing his normal "ill do whatever i want" routine.

looks like they're steering clear of the weirdness of season 3 and going back to the good, less confusing/odd stuff.

Kelsey
09-01-2005, 07:58 PM
Yeah, didn't he go to Wisconsin or something after he and Sydney did it? Lol...yeah, he was great. And now they have to recruit that other guy (I can't believe I'm forgetting his name right now!!) It looked like he was interested in Sydney's sister, so that would be cool if they hooked up or something.

If Isabella Rossellini came back for another guest appearance then they would have to explain something! I'm sure they will.

Yay, Ryan, another Alias person to join in our fun conversation. Yeah, I'm glad that this season is back to it's old ways because I was getting bored (not to mention, I didn't really care) about all of that Rimbaldi (lol, I don't know how to spell it) stuff.

Oh! Is Sark gonna come back on any of the episodes? I remember Marshall saying he went to visit him every once in awhile just to see a familiar face (lol, I love Marshall), but Sark was totally cool and I want him to come back!

Mags
09-01-2005, 08:24 PM
Are you talking about Weiss? I actually did read somewhere that he and Nadia were going to hook up. Which I think is a good move. I love Weiss.

I'm not sure about Sark. I liked him a lot more second season than I did first season. I did totally get bored with the Rambaldi stuff though. Hopefully with Sloane and Nadia finding that big thing they'll back off the Rambaldi story line some.

Kelsey
09-01-2005, 09:44 PM
I read somewhere that JJ Abrams felt that was the big mistake made last season, so I think it's pretty safe to assume that Rambaldi is finished. No one cares anymore, lol.

I totally forgot Weiss's name, but yeah, I think he and Nadia will hook up - why would they have put all of that in there if they weren't? Abrams doesn't do a whole lot of extra fluff in his storylines.

I can't wait for Wednesday! But I can't believe I'm practically the last person in the entire country to get to watch it! That's not fair, it's filmed on my side of the country!

Boyscout
25-03-2005, 08:19 AM
Ah shit, yeah. Um...as for the DVDs...I'd try Ebay. I know they have a lot of Asian versions on there...they're usually ripped badly, and the quality isn't so good I hear, but you'd have them.

I actually own all three seasons on DVD...my pride and joy.

Seeing as how you're kind of missing out on all the Alias fun, I'd recommend heading to Television Without Pity - Alias (http://www.televisionwithoutpity.com/show.cgi?show=75&sort=&limit=all). They do recaps of EVERY episode of Alias if you want to get caught up, with the added bonus that they're HILARIOUS.

*spoilers* (sort of)

To Kels...the people I was with on Wednesday all tried to figure out when Jack could have killed Irina. We know there was a month after Vaughn killed Lauren (and burned his house down, the spurned darling). I'm not sure where Syd's Wittenburg trip would have fit in. The last time Jack "spoke" to Irina was in...the third to last episode last year. It's really quite hard to make all the time fit. Also, when the fuck did Syd go to Russia to bury her? It's all bizarre. I'm not sure why Irina wanted to kill Syd, but remember that her sister, Katya, helped Syd once and then was going to kill her in Palermo in the season finale last year.

Nothing's easy to make sense of on Alias.
Thank you, Mags. It was very kind of you~~~
Now I've finished Season 3 by bootleg DVDs. It was terrific. And now I'm dying to see SEASON4!!!!