PDA

View Full Version : King Arthur - Director's Cut

Oencross
15-11-2004, 12:15 AM
Seeing as how the new movie will be available December 21, 2004 on DVD. I thought this thread would be appropriate, because I've actually now seen the Director's Cut.

First off, I have to say it is a much better film than the one that was presented in theaters. Even though it is much better, there are still problematic scenes in the film and the ending is probably not what people expected. I don't want to spoil it for anyone, but there is more explanation of what's happening linearly.

There is far more violence (in a good way), which was definitely reduced in the film, but the added and altered scenes in the film don't seem to really bring it to different conclusions at all. It's a bit of a disappointment in many ways, I was hoping that the Director's Cut would be more explanatory of all the relationships people had with each other because it still doesn't come off as clear as I expected it would.

I will say that if you are going to buy one of the two versions, buy the Director's Cut. If any of you have anything to say about my very obtuse and rather cloudy review of the Director's Cut (because I don't want to give away anything), feel free to post and ask for a PM on a particular intrest you have.

frodo1511
15-11-2004, 12:23 AM
Yup, already have the DC on my Xmas list. More violence is where it's at!

Glare
15-11-2004, 01:09 AM
I already "bought" this from a "store" a few days ago. AHAHAHAHA

qzx00
15-11-2004, 01:38 PM
Do they show more of the sex scene in the DC?? I want to see some boobs or a*s or something. That sex scene sucked.

Narg
16-11-2004, 08:51 AM
No, the sex scene is the same, perv. :P

kim
16-11-2004, 09:03 PM
Does anyone know if the KA DVD has a full keira commentary? I hope so cos the keira commentary on the POTC DVD was brilliant. She is such a great flirt, in a good way, and i'd love to hear her taking the piss out of Ioan and Clive.

aznkkfan
17-11-2004, 01:17 AM
Her POTC commentary was extremely funny, i'll agree. will there be bloopers?

Richard
18-11-2004, 10:18 PM
Her POTC commentary was extremely funny, i'll agree. will there be bloopers?

Would have been better if she had done a full commentary on the entire film. And yes, there are bloopers. But it didn't please me as much as I hoped.

Edward
21-11-2004, 09:37 AM
DC version out in UK yet?

ice crystal
21-11-2004, 12:25 PM
It is coming out on November 29th.Place your orders at amazon.co.uk......or just wait for it to come into the shops!

Edward
27-11-2004, 12:28 PM
any idea how much it will be in shops?

if it's expensive i'll just buy off ebay or something

kim
27-11-2004, 06:54 PM
In the Times today it reviews the 18 KA DVD released next week. I'm a bit disappointed that the DVD Extras section only says "Making of documentary, alternative ending with optional commentary from Fuqua, production gallery" Where is Keira's commentary???

Vertical Vortex
30-11-2004, 10:45 AM
I'm wondering what they were thinking when adding these new action sequences... Those who we've all seen in the cinema were boring enough. They raped the King Arthur myth, and abused Keira's beauty... these men should have a home with a lot of bars.

acting4ever
06-12-2004, 01:22 PM
I've only seen the Director's Cut, I thought it was a really good movie - Keira is really good, I mean like she proves it a lot more than she did in Pirates...Especially her whole 'I'm a physco getting my fingers readjusted' at the beginning

aznkkfan
29-12-2004, 02:46 PM
yea, the readjusting the fingeres part really freaked me out but surprised me that she could freak someone out so well. I am really dissapointed with the DVD extras!!! there was no bloopers, no keira comentary (what kim said). plus there was no second disc. wat's the point of wrapping the dvd the pretty shiny thingy if there's no second disc!!!!???

frodo1511
29-12-2004, 03:02 PM
Finally got around to watching the DC, and it's better than the theatrical release. All the added material fits nicely in the cracks of the theatrical, and a little blood where it should be dosen't hurt either. I especially enjoyed the extended fight scene with Tristan and Cedric-best part of the movie.

Allanon
29-12-2004, 03:03 PM
yeah the extras really sucked. But the movie wasn't bad so I'll live.

frodo1511
29-12-2004, 03:33 PM
yeah the extras really sucked.

I enjoyed the Roundtable conversation, but agreed, they could've put more crap in it. For now, all extras in DVD's will be benchmarked by the Return of the King EE and the Ultimate Matrix Collection.

Edward
05-01-2005, 11:09 AM
lol, watched it

no idea what the extra scenes are....couldn't remember what i saw and didn't see in the cinema :P

aznkkfan
08-01-2005, 03:10 AM
what was in the director's cut that wasnt in the one released in theaters? It all fits in my opinion

meegaan1
08-01-2005, 07:58 AM
But the movie wasn't bad so I'll live.
I don't think it was bad, except for the part where the blood that squirted out from chopped off limbs looked like tomato paste.

Leonie
08-01-2005, 08:10 AM
what was in the director's cut that wasnt in the one released in theaters? It all fits in my opinion

Well, there was this extra scene with Keira and Ioan for starters. A bit more fighting... a 'young Arthur' scene... And more. I liked it heaps better than the theatrical release.

frodo1511
08-01-2005, 05:55 PM
Well, there was this extra scene with Keira and Ioan for starters. A bit more fighting... a 'young Arthur' scene... And more. I liked it heaps better than the theatrical release.

Yeah, it was really good.

Quick question: I can't remember, but when Guinevere was "alone" with Arthur, was the scene where their "interrupted" in the theatrical?

antjl2020
08-01-2005, 11:28 PM

who is Ioan, i remember there being a scene with her and arthur and her, arthur and merlin right after she shot that roman guy with the bow

MikeKnick04
08-01-2005, 11:34 PM
You know the movie was rather boring, until KK saved the 'bust'
the extra scenes 'if not involving KK' just waste time, no dues to the story

FooTM
08-01-2005, 11:38 PM
who is Ioan, i remember there being a scene with her and arthur and her, arthur and merlin right after she shot that roman guy with the bow

Ioan Gruffud (sp?) = Arthur.

Frodo, I believe the love scene was not interrupted by anything. It just cut instantly to something else.

antjl2020
08-01-2005, 11:40 PM
not true in the DC it was interupted by a knock on the door for arthur to come to the wall to look at the mass of gathering Saxons, ad why cant you just say Arthur instead of Ioan its just confusing

frodo1511
09-01-2005, 12:27 AM
not true in the DC it was interupted by a knock on the door for arthur to come to the wall to look at the mass of gathering Saxons,

He meant in the Theatrical, no the Extended version.

apoggy
09-01-2005, 12:54 AM
Ioan Gruffud (sp?) = Arthur.

how wrong can you get?

frodo1511
09-01-2005, 01:34 AM
how wrong can you get?

FooTM has glaucoma, give him a break.

aznkkfan
09-01-2005, 03:54 AM
Ioan Gruffudd was Lancelot

FooTM
09-01-2005, 11:32 AM
Ioan Gruffudd was Lancelot

fuck.

well I haven't seen the film in a long time

deviljet88
09-01-2005, 12:02 PM
fuck.

well I haven't seen the film in a long time
How long ago did it come out? :P At least you know his name though, all I know is KK and Clive Owen lol

FooTM
09-01-2005, 12:03 PM
How long ago did it come out? :P At least you know his name though, all I know is KK and Clive Owen lol

about 6 months ;)

bruman
09-01-2005, 12:31 PM
lol, watched it

no idea what the extra scenes are....couldn't remember what i saw and didn't see in the cinema :P

yup
had it too
but still, it was good

Raych
02-02-2005, 12:15 PM
I enjoyed this film. A good movie to watch when one is bored.

hasselbrad
09-02-2005, 05:54 PM
Is it just my imagination, or was the "baby's arm holding an apple" part cut from the DC?

socrnunez23
22-02-2005, 11:27 PM
yea, the readjusting the fingeres part really freaked me out but surprised me that she could freak someone out so well. I am really dissapointed with the DVD extras!!! there was no bloopers, no keira comentary (what kim said). plus there was no second disc. wat's the point of wrapping the dvd the pretty shiny thingy if there's no second disc!!!!???
i kno.. i mean...with a film with ppl basically killing each other... there arent any bloopers??? no fell off a horse or tripped or fucked up a line...POTC had a great blooper reel the DC was a great disappiontment

ScarJo
23-02-2005, 11:39 AM
The best thing about the paltry extras was when, during the round table discussion, there were a couple of shots of Keira in a full on laugh at one of Ioan's jokes.

Ahhhh... heaven.

BumbleFlea
02-05-2005, 08:10 PM
I had never noticed this foxy lady until the other night when I rented King Arthur. I got it coz I heard it was full of hunky guys & I was having two girls over for dinner so I figured, "Hunky guys for the ladies, swordplay for me: perfect!"
:fencing:
Then out comes Keira, looking like a younger, hotter version of Helena Bonham Carter; argh, what a babe!
:icon_jaw:
When she came running out onto the battlefield in her little braided leather harness, I just hadta say, "See, now that's just HOT," which raised a giggle from the ladies...

Keyser_so_so
02-05-2005, 08:33 PM
I found the theatrical version pretty average, so hopes were high for the Director's Cut. It marginally improves it- but is still lingering in average-ness.

Sorry if you like it- it's just an opinion.

Kathleen
26-10-2005, 11:40 AM
I only saw the director's cut and thought the whole movie was good. Clive Owen was great in that role. Kiera complained that her body became very muscular and alot bigger than usual, did anyone else think she looked pretty much the same? I think she still looks quite small in the film and couldn't notice any changes.

DarknessOfDeath
18-12-2006, 10:52 PM
I have the theatrical version of KA. Im trying to find the DC version of it.

Madonna
01-01-2007, 07:08 PM
Is very good film.From this film i became a fan of Keira)

Kuuchan
03-01-2007, 05:05 PM
I dunno why, but somehow the movie wasn't that great to me (just received my Director's Cut dvd today) I loved Keira in it (WAH she only came like 40 minutes in or so tho) but the entire story seems weird. I mean, it's definitely not true, even tho they claim it to be, and it was rather historical incorrect...but Keira was awesome :)