PDA

View Full Version : Pride and Prejudice

Pages : [1] 2 3

KnightleyNews
18-06-2004, 08:42 PM
Here's what we know so far:

Keira has signed to play Elizabeth Bennet in 'Pride & Prejudice' for Working Title Films, producers of Love Actually and Four Weddings And A Funeral. Filming is due to start in mid-July. It will be the first movie version of the Jane Austen novel since 1940 (which starred Greer Garson and Laurence Olivier).

Cast:
Elizabeth Bennet - Keira Knightley
Fitzwilliam Darcy - Matthew MacFadyen
Lydia Bennet - Jena Malone
Jane Bennet - Rosamund Pike
Kitty Bennet - Carey Mulligan
Mary Bennet - Talulah Riley

Director: Joe Wright
Producer: Paul Webster
Screenplay: Deborah Moggach ('Close Relations', 'Tulip Fever'), then Lee Hall ('Billy Elliott').

Chatsworth House and Haddon Hall (both in Derbyshire) are rumoured to be filming locations, the former for Darcy's residence, the latter for the Bennets'.

Working Title Films said: "We're trying to do something that pleases the enthusiasts and the Austen fans, that's a faithful adaptation but with a bit more muscle".

Paul

ice crystal
19-06-2004, 10:42 AM
It should be good... although Colin Firth is the original Mr Darcy!

Anna
19-06-2004, 02:32 PM
Interesting cast! Rosamund Pike should be very good as Jane. I wonder who will play Mr. Bingley?

The BBC production with Colin Firth and Jennifer Ehle was wonderful. It'll be interesting to compare the two.

Leonie
19-06-2004, 04:58 PM
Well, I don't think you can compair the BBC miniseries and Keira's film. They'll have to leave out certain scenes to make the film a decent length, so it will never be as close an adaption as the miniseries. That's probably what all Austen fans will nag about. I loved the book, and hope Keira's film will do it justice.

Secondly, wasn't Elizabeth supposed to be less pretty than her older sister, but smarter and funnier? They're not gonna find anyone beautiful enough to play Jane then :P

Hazzle
19-06-2004, 06:03 PM
Well, I don't think you can compair the BBC miniseries and Keira's film. They'll have to leave out certain scenes to make the film a decent length, so it will never be as close an adaption as the miniseries. That's probably what all Austen fans will nag about. I loved the book, and hope Keira's film will do it justice.

Secondly, wasn't Elizabeth supposed to be less pretty than her older sister, but smarter and funnier? They're not gonna find anyone beautiful enough to play Jane then :P

Not read the book but in that case, they probably should've swapped over Rosamund Pike and Keira...Rosamund Pike, if memory serves, was very sassy in Die Another Day. She's not bad looking, but if she's supposed to play a role that's prettier than Keira...err...no.

Kelsey
19-06-2004, 09:21 PM
I'm still not too thrilled about Keira being in this new version, but I'm sure I'll change my mind. Definitely still trying to get over Jena Malone being cast. I love the book so I'm glad they are trying to stick closely to it.

On another note, the script must be finished now since money has now been paid for it. I saw this on Done Deal. They only have Moggach listed as writer and the only cast info they have is Keira.

wee me
19-06-2004, 09:26 PM
pride and prejudice is such a gd book- who better to play the brilliant lizzie than keira?

Vertical Vortex
19-06-2004, 09:52 PM
pride and prejudice is such a gd book- who better to play the brilliant lizzie than keira?
you tell me... i really dont know ;)
for real, i actually never heard of this whole story... me feels bad now :( is there a link somewhere where its about?

Glow
19-06-2004, 10:58 PM
What is that book"Pride and prejudice"????? :confused: :)

apoggy
19-06-2004, 11:08 PM
What is that book"Pride and prejudice"????? :confused: :)

Its the book entitled 'Pride and Prejudice' silly, try googling it or search ion Amazon for a review/taster

Vertical Vortex
19-06-2004, 11:17 PM
Its the book entitled 'Pride and Prejudice' silly, try googling it or search ion Amazon for a review/taster

nah, there have to be someone arround this place knowing a good address... i am too lazy to googling those things :)

apoggy
19-06-2004, 11:19 PM
but you will waste the effort to post meaningless replies. how ironic

Vertical Vortex
19-06-2004, 11:22 PM
but you will waste the effort to post meaningless replies. how ironic

so true... i've my prioritys there...
and its better than bitching about others... :rolleyes:

apoggy
19-06-2004, 11:27 PM
I like bitching.

Vortex stop posting off topic tripe

Hazzle
20-06-2004, 01:02 AM
I like bitching.

Vortex stop posting off topic tripe

Poggs is a mod...what he says goes...and it's their job to bitch...sheesh!

Me? I just bitch for the hell of it. Now, can we please get back on topic?

I don't know much about this project...I know the writer also worked on Tulip Fever...what's the director worked on before?

EmotionSickness
20-06-2004, 08:14 AM
I don't know much about this project...I know the writer also worked on Tulip Fever...what's the director worked on before?

The director, Joe Wright, is pretty much a 'nobody' who has done only a handful of 'nothing films': three miniseries: "Charles II: The Power & the Passion" (2003), "Bodily Harm" (2002), and "Nature Boy" (2000) and two feature films, The End (1998) and Crocodile Snap (1997).

Gosh, I hope this doesn't suck. I have a sneaking suspicion that it most definitely will NOT do the book, nor the other film and tv versions of it justice. I'm sure Keira will be dazzling, but the film itself will bomb, both critically and at the box office (I have my doubts as to whether it will even be released in the U.S.) I know I have a very skeptical and negative view, but, hey -- they're tampering with a classic. I really hope I'm wrong!

Alendor
20-06-2004, 09:04 AM
I'm of course looking forward to it. But I fear that this might be a moive, where I would seriously need a date to see it. I don't think this is a movie a guy should willingly go in and see by himself. But everything for Keira. :)

Glow
20-06-2004, 10:20 AM
Ok I found informations abaut this book...

"First published in 1813, Pride and Prejudice has consistently been Jane Austen's most popular novel. It portrays life in the genteel rural society of the day, and tells of the initial misunderstandings and later mutual enlightenment between Elizabeth Bennet (whose liveliness and quick wit have often attracted readers) and the haughty Darcy. The title Pride and Prejudice refers (among other things) to the ways in which Elizabeth and Darcy first view each other. The original version of the novel was written in 1796-1797 under the title First Impressions, and was probably in the form of an exchange of letters."

:)

Glow
20-06-2004, 10:22 AM
heh...or abaut film :D

Leonie
20-06-2004, 01:10 PM
I loved the book. I had to read if for English class, but didn't mind at all. All of you who don't have a clue what it's about yet: go read it!

It's basically about 5 sisters, Elizabeth being the 2nd, whose mum is trying to make them marry well. Not as shallow as it sounds, lots of sarcasm, Elizabeth being quite funny herself.

Sarah
20-06-2004, 01:12 PM
Have you noticed that Keira really seems to go for 'Historical' or Periodic roles? I'm not saying thats a bad thing, it's probably good. I don't know if I'll really like this film. :( It's too lovey-dovey for me. Oh well, Keira's in it, so she'll make it good.

Leonie
20-06-2004, 01:38 PM
True - however, as far as romantic comedies go, at least the periodic aspect will make it a bit more interesting.

wee me
20-06-2004, 07:31 PM
yeh its a great book- one of my favourites! i don't think it will matter that keira is much prettier than rosamund cos i think lizzie was much prettier than jane in the BBC tv series of it neways. i can't wait to see it, though i imagine it won't be as good as the tv series, they'll have 2 cut lots of bits out.

booboocat
20-06-2004, 10:57 PM
hmm never read the book
but i will someday. it sounds excitingly delicious

EmotionSickness
21-06-2004, 08:42 AM
hmm never read the book
but i will someday. it sounds excitingly delicious

Haha. Don't you mean "deliciously exciting"? :p

Anywho, I still have my doubts about this film. I'd much rather Keira opt for period pieces than teen comedies (or something along those lines), but we have to remember that this may lead to her getting type-cast (a dreaded thing in Hollywood). And we also have to remember that the roles are kind of limited for a young, English actress in Hollywood. I can't really think of any other young female Brits who are big in in the U.S. or in Hollywood, period. Not to say that there aren't any, they're just few and far between. Hopefully, she can, in the future, master an American accent (something we'll get to see in The Jacket, hopefully), because I believe this alone will open more doors for her. I think she is a brilliant actress and she could really prove herself if she were given the right roles (in the future), I'm so just afraid that her 15 minutes are nearly up. Especially since she is doing Pirates 2 AND 3. Audiences may get sick of seeing Keira Knightley: The Damsel in Distress by 2006. Hopefully, she'll leave herself open for other work.

Bottom line, I just don't want Pirates to do to Keira and her popularity/demand what Star Wars has done to Natalie Portman (although, she is now redeeming herself with movies like Garden State and Closer). Before anyone says anything -- YES I am aware that Star Wars made Natalie Portman more famous than ever, but not necessarily in the best kind of way. Certainly not in the way I (and many others, I am sure of it) would have liked to see her become an A-lister. It's just kind of disappointing when a young woman with Natalie's talents rockets to fame because of films like Episode I: The Phantom Menace. She's better than that and so is Keira.

Elijahfan
22-06-2004, 12:07 AM
Bottom line, I just don't want Pirates to do to Keira and her popularity/demand what Star Wars has done to Natalie Portman (although, she is now redeeming herself with movies like Garden State and Closer). Before anyone says anything -- YES I am aware that Star Wars made Natalie Portman more famous than ever, but not necessarily in the best kind of way. Certainly not in the way I (and many others, I am sure of it) would have liked to see her become an A-lister. It's just kind of disappointing when a young woman with Natalie's talents rockets to fame because of films like Episode I: The Phantom Menace. She's better than that and so is Keira.

i agree, i hate it when actors do blockbusters over and over again. i think when they have their name out their and have done the blockbuster that's the point to start choosing more interesting and diverse roles, not that u cant do the ocasional blockbuster movie once in a while. but it's not like keira and natalie are just doing blockbuster types. Keira in the Jacket and natalie in Garden State. plus dont count out their previous movies. i just dont want to see them caught up in the demand of big movies and directors/ex producers etc trying to cast them just for their names so they make money and not more for their talent. sorta like orlando bloom, rite now he's doing another big movie, fastacy/historical (i think it's fiction) Kingdom of Heaven, i think's the name with Ridley Scott. In all the big movies he's a warrior, his roles where he's not Calcium Kid and Ned Kelly havent succeeded as well and some he could be stuck in the type casting situation.

ice crystal
22-06-2004, 06:13 PM
Apparently...i heard from my friend with an agent.... it is incredibly hard to get a part in the film... they are looking for REAL talent....

EmotionSickness
22-06-2004, 07:01 PM
Apparently...i heard from my friend with an agent.... it is incredibly hard to get a part in the film... they are looking for REAL talent....

As opposed to ... what? Fake talent? I think the same can be said for 99.9% of all films, ice crystal. And correct me if I'm wrong, but how do we even know Keira tried out for this role? How do we know it wasn't just offered to her?

Kelsey
22-06-2004, 11:47 PM
She more than likely had to read for the role, even if they had already unofficially decided it would be her playing Elizabeth.

I'm still not too happy about this project, but what can I do? I'll see the movie, and that's the point.

ice crystal
23-06-2004, 08:47 PM
what i mean is that i dont think this film will have crap acting in it... unlike some other recent films e.g. Troy....Helen... Diane Kruger... Get my point?

KnightleyNews
23-06-2004, 11:08 PM
The first *confirmed* filming location has been announced - Stamford in Lincolnshire and the nearby Burghley House.
http://www.burghley.co.uk/
http://www.stamfordtoday.co.uk/ViewArticle2.aspx?SectionID=837&ArticleID=808745

Paul

EmotionSickness
23-06-2004, 11:27 PM
Yes, NOW I get your point, ice crystal. You'd think they'd make the 'face that launched a thousand ships' a little more, umm, inspiring? Especially if her acting was going to be so flat. :p

Thanks for the news, Paul. I sure hope this makes it's way to American cinemas.

booboocat
24-06-2004, 04:47 PM
it probably is, you have to read pride and prejudice senior year in high school in the U.S. anyhow
it's a classic

Kelsey
24-06-2004, 08:04 PM
We don't have to read it senior year. I think it depends on your school district. I, personally, recommend reading it anyways, because it's a very good book.

Isn't there someone from KKW who lives in Lincolnshire, or does that just sound familiar to me for other reasons?

KnightleyNews
08-07-2004, 12:21 PM
Filming will start on-location at Burghley House in Lincolnshire from Monday 19th to Wednesday 21st July.

Paul

DefyingGravity
09-07-2004, 04:49 AM
I didn't like the book. I thought it was boring, although there were quite a few witty parts in it.

Maybe I'm just simple-minded. :rolleyes:

redgummybear
09-07-2004, 03:33 PM
Ah! Loved the book! Can't wait for the movie. :D

KeirazBabe
14-07-2004, 11:44 AM
Cant wait,... makes having to study it next year much more enjoyable lol.. any idea when it will be released?

xXx

Sarah
14-07-2004, 12:00 PM
Isn't there someone from KKW who lives in Lincolnshire, or does that just sound familiar to me for other reasons?

That would be me. I live in North East Lincolnshire.

KnightleyNews
14-07-2004, 05:24 PM
From today's ScreenDaily.com:

Dench, Sutherland round out Pride cast

Judi Dench, Donald Sutherland, Brenda Blethyn, Tom Hollander and Penelope Wilton have joined the cast of Working Title Films’ Pride And Prejudice

Principal photography starts on July 19 on the adaptation of Jane Austen’s novel. The film, which stars Keira Knightley, Matthew Macfadyen, Rosamund Pike and Jena Malone, will shoot entirely on location around England until October.

Joe Wright will make his directing debut on the film, which Deborah Moggach’s has adapted faithfully to the period of the novel.

Producing duties are shared by Tim Bevan and Eric Fellner for Working Title and Paul Webster. Executive producers are Debra Hayward and Liza Chasin, while Jane Frazer is co-producer.

And from Variety:

LONDON -- Donald Sutherland, Brenda Blethyn, Judi Dench and Penelope Wilton have joined the cast of Working Title's upcoming adaptation of the classic Jane Austen novel "Pride and Prejudice."

Sutherland and Blethyn will play Mr and Mrs Bennet, the parents of the story's romantic heroine Elizabeth (Keira Knightley). Dench will take a cameo as the snobbish aristocratic aunt of the hero Mr. Darcy (Matthew Macfadyen).

Pic is directed by Joe Wright and will be distributed by Universal. It starts shooting July 19 on location around England. Other cast members include Tom Hollender, Rosamund Pike, Jena Malone and Simon Woods.

Paul

ChocolateMoose
15-07-2004, 01:27 PM
I love Pride and Prejudice. It's one of my favourite books and the adaption with Colin Firth was brilliant. I've heard people say that there shouldn't be another one made as the exisiting adaption is perfect, and I sort of agree :o Its 6 hours long and has everything from the book. The only thing worrying me about this new adaption is how they're going to fit everything in, as it is a film and I doubt it'll be six hours. However, Keira will be so brilliant :)

Kelsey
15-07-2004, 08:00 PM
That's the reason I'm not entirely thrilled with the thought of this new film. The last one was not only really really recent (too recent to already be remaking), it *was* quite perfect. Not only that, but I just don't see Keira as Elizabeth.

PhoeniX
18-07-2004, 11:17 AM
Is it true that they are filming some of Pride and Prejudice at Groombridge Place near Tunbridge Wells?

KnightleyNews
22-07-2004, 09:04 PM
Is it true that they are filming some of Pride and Prejudice at Groombridge Place near Tunbridge Wells?
Yup: http://www.groombridge.co.uk/pr_release.htm

Quite a lot of it, apparently.

Paul

David Beckham
23-07-2004, 03:23 AM
Man, I wanted to be Mr. Darcy

KnightleyNews
23-07-2004, 11:29 AM
First Lizzie pics:
http://www.thezreview.co.uk/news3/prideandprejudice.htm
http://www.thesun.co.uk/article/0,,2-2004340667,00.html
http://www.hellomagazine.com/film/2004/07/23/prideprejudice/

Paul

KeirazBabe
23-07-2004, 07:54 PM
Wow cant wait! Jaysus they realy have made her look the part! Looks interewsting.. when is it set for release Paul?

xXx

krackers
24-07-2004, 10:07 AM
i'm sorry to contradict some of you....but i HATED the Pride and Prejudice (the book and movie)...i thought it was pretty boring...but some of my girl friends loved it....its probably a girl thing....the only reason i'll watch the new one is coz it got Keira Kinghtly in it!!! :D

KnightleyNews
24-07-2004, 01:37 PM
Wow cant wait! Jaysus they realy have made her look the part! Looks interewsting.. when is it set for release Paul?

xXx
Early next year apparently. Perhaps you'll be able to go to your multiplex to see The Jacket, then come out and go to see Pride and Prejudice !

I haven't read the novel or seen any of the adaptations (BBC included), so at least I can see it without a clouded judgement. The IMDb board is tearing Keira apart for her being cast as Lizzie, but again they're all comparing one adaptation with another. It's wrong to do that, as tempting as it is. An interpretation is just that, an interpretation. It has to stand on its own merits, not in the shadow of previous versions.

Paul

Dyce_Blue
24-07-2004, 06:17 PM
For a novel with a defined main character, it sure has a varied and ensemble cast of supporting characters. There are many interesting secondary characters in the story, and they were very well represented in the Colin Firth BBC version. In the new movie, Keira plays Elizabeth Bennet, a very complex and independent character. I can't think of a better actress to play this part. It will be interesting to see if they can piece a good supporting team around her.

apoggy
24-07-2004, 06:34 PM
Any chance you can stop using that small crappy text, it hurts my eyes

Dyce_Blue
24-07-2004, 06:40 PM
The small crappy text looks quite organized, but i will change it for the sake of everyones eyesight.

How about this?

KeirazBabe
25-07-2004, 01:28 PM
Early next year apparently. Perhaps you'll be able to go to your multiplex to see The Jacket, then come out and go to see Pride and Prejudice !

Paul

Oooh okies thanks darlin! Wow i hope so as that means it'll be an extra excuse to see it for my school work ;) haha.. school trip should be in order ;)

xXx

Dyce_Blue
25-07-2004, 01:41 PM
When we had to read Pride and Prejudice for IB English this year, I complained and boycotted the book for the first 2 weeks. I reluctantly began reading it, and it seemed soooo boring. Eventually, I pretty much finished the book and liked it more than I thought I would. After watching the BBC movie, I had wished that there were more recognizable actors and actresses in it. Had I known at that time that I had a Keira Knightley movie to look forward to, I would have put forth a lot more effort on the book.

ChocolateMoose
25-07-2004, 05:08 PM
After watching the BBC movie, I had wished that there were more recognizable actors and actresses in it.

It shouldn't matter if the actors/actresses are recognisable or not. What should matter is if they can act. Which they can.

Dyce_Blue
25-07-2004, 05:12 PM
No, they could act, especially Jennifer Ehle and Alison Steadman (who I hear is not really as old as Mrs. Bennet). I was just saying that the new version has an advantage with Keira Knightley onboard.

Sarah
29-07-2004, 05:31 PM
I almost had a fit a few minutes ago. I was eating my tea and the news reporter said ''How would you like to appear in a film with Keira Knightley?'' I spun my head round and gawped at the TV ''Yes please!'' I screamed.

They had a new picture of Keira on the screen, looks like a promotional picture for P&P, she looked so lovely.

Anyway, it turns out they had been holding auditions in Stamford (sp?) for people to have bit-parts in the film. Just in the background, etc. I wish I had known as I would have gone. :(

Ipomoea
15-08-2004, 02:09 AM
Ropeofsilicon.com is claiming that actor Rupert Friend has been cast as George Wickham in Pride and Prejudice. They call the character "Wickman" in the article, but I'm sure they mean Wickham.

http://www.ropeofsilicon.com/moviearticle.php?artID=560

Sarah
17-08-2004, 11:47 AM
They're filming in Chatsworth soon, I believe. My mum was on holiday there just last week.

KnightleyNews
17-08-2004, 05:22 PM
They're filming in Chatsworth soon, I believe. My mum was on holiday there just last week.
Yes, this autumn, according to their site. They're back at Burleigh House at the end of this month so it would have to be September, as it's due to wrap on October 1st. Loads more pictures from Chatsworth, no doubt, as it says the grounds will remain open during filming.
http://www.chatsworth-house.co.uk/news/news_filmingupdate.htm

Paul

KnightleyNews
19-08-2004, 11:55 AM
Yes, this autumn, according to their site. They're back at Burleigh House at the end of this month so it would have to be September, as it's due to wrap on October 1st.
Paul

September 27-29th for Chatsworth, it was announced today:
http://www.matlocktoday.co.uk/ViewArticle2.aspx?SectionID=749&ArticleID=841354

Paul

egi_or_liz
20-08-2004, 09:14 AM
hi im nu practically had an old user but yeh.....urmmmm my name is liz and my mum named me after pride and prejudice's elizabeth bennet for it was her fav book in high school and me dad just liked it cos it was the queen's name (dont ask me why)

I watched the previous adaptations and marveled at them except for that very old one where i didnt like mr Darcy but each time actresses playing elizabeth have been slandered as the wrong choice and seens how keira is well shes off to a good start

PLEASE!! Keira dont let me down! i admit that i thought evry movie of urs since bend it like beckham sucked madly but dont stuff this one up!

keiracaleb
28-08-2004, 10:09 AM
Does anyone know if they'll still be filming at Burghley house on bank holiday monday? because my dads taking me and my 2 brothers to see keira in pride and preudists, filming, because he didn't take me to the KA premiere (i hit him over the head for promising then syaing no, he had bruises for about a week) i live about 20 mins away so it isn't too far,m but i just don't want to turn up and find they're not filming because it's a bank holiday! and if they arefilming does anyone know what time till? most films are from about 9 am- 5pm for the proper actors and then stunt doubles come in and do the bakc camera angles and stuff, so please someone tell me if they know, and i hope keiraweb is abkc again soon, coz its my main kk source.

thanks

ice crystal
28-08-2004, 10:34 AM
ok... there is no way of telling if they will be filming on monday or if Keira will actually be in the scenes they are filming.
i went to groombridge place and was very lucky to sit and watch the lovely lady herself talk to Judi Denci for 3/4s of an hour! I had absolutely no idea whether or not she was going to be there... I just hoped and prayed.
But as it is BANK HOLIDAY monday, I would be slightly more apprehensive about going as they may have given the crew and cast the day off!

keiracaleb
28-08-2004, 05:06 PM
So, should i go anyway? if they're not there then just go and get my dad to take on the thursday then ( i see him on mondays and thursdays) if they're not there and then go see like 'The Village' or something? i'll be so disspaointed if they aren't there. but hey ho, life goes on i suppose.

ice crystal
31-08-2004, 11:09 AM
Did you go? Hope you saw her if you did!

PhoeniX
01-09-2004, 09:06 AM
I saw her at Groombridge and got her autograph when she was walking round the enchanted woods there with some woman. :)

ice crystal
01-09-2004, 12:25 PM
I saw her at Groombridge and got her autograph when she was walking round the enchanted woods there with some woman. :)
you little lucky bitch....
i went round the enchanted forest (v.nice! swings are sooo very cool!) and didnt see her...
when was this...?
did you go on purpose?

ice crystal
01-09-2004, 12:25 PM
oh and did that woman have silver grey hair?

keiracaleb
01-09-2004, 05:30 PM
Did you go? Hope you saw her if you did!

yep i went, and she wasn't there we went to burghley house and found out form staff there that they finished shoting there in july and will not be filming there again, but hey told us to go into stamford village to see them there, so we went and saw a sign that said road closed, so we walked through it and walked up to a church and infront of the church was people building, so we went inside the arts centre and they said they were bulding the set for p&p, so we went outside for a bit, and found out that the best time to come see the filming would be this coming sunday, so we are going again on sunday, hope we get her autograph, and i'm gonna try and get a quick lil interview for my site, to read the report that my bruv kris wrote (he's part of the kkw.tk team) so go to www.keiraknightleyworld.tk and scroll down to the bottom of the page until you see our visit to the pride and prejudice set, then the report is under that. enjoy

p.s hope you don't mind me advrtising ma site on here, but i wanted people to read the report to find out what it was like there.

keiracaleb
05-09-2004, 03:16 PM
Here's a little report i wrote about today (sunday 5th september) about the pride and prejudice set, enjoy. its a bit long but enjoy reading it, its worth a read.

'Twas 6 in the morning and all through the house, nothing was stirring, not even a mouse........and then my alarm went off, annoyed, i switched the clock off and went back to sleep, before realising why in blue blazes i had set my alarm for 6 in the morning, so i could go to the pride and prejudice set in Stamford, bouncing around in my house i got ready, before my dear father took myself, Kris and our elder brother Cav to Stamford. Skipping out to the car i tucked my magazine cover and pen into my pocket, before Kris and I, where indulging in conversation of Miss Knightley. After what seemed like 20 minutes (it was 20 minutes, just worked it out) we arrived and began walking around on the set. It was true, it had changed since we had last been there, no longer was there buldings being made, and plaster on the walls, but old 18th century pillars, buildings and roads, chickens where feasting on corn they had laid down (the chickens didn't lay it down obviously, the set producers did) and dead animals and butchers shops where to be seen, a carraige that we assumed Keira would probably have to ride in was in the middle of the set and my spirits where being lisfted, before i got the fright of my life by someone opening their wooden blinds behind me! Dad went over to one of the people working there and asked when the actors would start appearing, the worker said around 9am, at this ppoint it was 8:30 and so we began to make our way to somewhere where we would be able to see the best stuff, along the way however my dear brothers Cav and Kris decided to point at random people and shout look Nich it's her! Annoying it was! Alas we got round to where we would stand for most of the filming, it was round the back and it appeared we had the best view of what was going on, soo extras began arriving and walking down the alley way in which we stood, at one point there was around 60 or 70 soldiers marching on top the set and 1 imposter, a boy had blended into the soldiers and was around a metre from getting in when he was spotted, that was rather funny. As the moring got lighter, the sun got hotter and Cav, Kris and i went for a little walk where we saw more extras, and then at 10:15 all 3 of us where sitting on a wall by a graveyard when Cav shouted out "Oi Nich, it's her!" "No it's not!" i replied without looking up, and soon i could hear footsteps, after it seemed that Cav was convinced it was her i looked up to see who he was pointing at this time and there walking towards our alley way was a woman wearing a green 18th century dress, with dark brown hair and surrounded by friends, it was her! Keira Knightley, i watched open mouthed as she walked down towards where i had just been standing, my dad actually had the sense to take a picture, while Cav smiled, kris gawped and i stood there in shock, feeling faint, without thinking, we ran after her, but slowed down as we drew nearer, i still couldn't beleave it there she was, my idol there, in the flesh, walking right in front of me! We got to the bottom of the alley and she walked through the gap, and soon they began rehearsing, they did around 7 rehearsals in whcih myself and many others where craining our necks trying to get a glimpse of Keira, i seemed to be standing in the right spot as i saw everything she was doing, after the 7th rehearsal the director said something funny and Keira laughed, leaned sideways and nearly fell off of the decking she was standing on, then the filming began, but not before they closed the gates so none of us could see, so we all cleared off, when we came back we asked a security guard when they would stop filming "10 tonight" he said, but even after begging and begging and begging my dad to let us stay till then he still said no, so we went home, autograph less, without speaking to her, but at least we have some pictures, and we got to see her in the flesh. They are continuing to film at the same set until tuesday before heading off to Reading. It was a worthwhile trip and although i left feeling dissapointed, at least i had seen Keira in the flesh....................drinking a cup of coffee.

Kelsey
05-09-2004, 04:34 PM
Napoleon Dynamite: Lucky!

Pretty much says it all.

Elijahfan
05-09-2004, 07:08 PM
wow, awesome! do u know if you could possibly scan those photos you took on to your computer to put on line? it'd be lovely to see them...

keiracaleb
06-09-2004, 05:05 PM
sure i'll post the pictures, they're not developed yet but when they are then sure i'll scan them.

PhoeniX
06-09-2004, 06:47 PM
you little lucky bitch....
i went round the enchanted forest (v.nice! swings are sooo very cool!) and didnt see her...
when was this...?
did you go on purpose?
It wasn't Judi Dench, she looked like her, it was some woman she was smaller than her - Keira. It was about 4 weeks ago and I went there to see KEIRA

frodo1511
06-09-2004, 10:57 PM
Why the hell, if filming for the movie will be done in October, will it take this movie until September to come out? There's no special FX(at least none on a massive scale) no giant fight scene to be choreographed, so what's the deal?

CFC
06-09-2004, 11:47 PM
Why the hell, if filming for the movie will be done in October, will it take this movie until September to come out? There's no special FX(at least none on a massive scale) no giant fight scene to be choreographed, so what's the deal?

Marketing maybe? Otherwise I can;t think of anything else.

frodo1511
07-09-2004, 12:07 AM
Marketing maybe? Otherwise I can;t think of anything else.

Yeah, but even LOTR took 2 1/2 to film(and that was 3 films), and they still managed to roll them out faster. I doubt marketing is quicker.

KnightleyNews
07-09-2004, 12:22 PM
I've now heard 'late next year' and 'early next year', so it's anyone's guess. Place your bets. Perhaps it's a Working Title thing - Keira filmed her Love Actually scenes in September 2002, but it didn't come out till the following November. She filmed Pirates inbetween!

Today's Daily Telegraph has an interview with Matthew MacFadyen:
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/arts/main.jhtml?xml=/arts/2004/09/07/bfdarcy07.xml

Paul

ice crystal
07-09-2004, 06:58 PM
It wasn't Judi Dench, she looked like her, it was some woman she was smaller than her - Keira. It was about 4 weeks ago and I went there to see KEIRA
no... i think it was her mum.... that's why i asked
you talk to keira at all... or did you just ask for her autograph?

KnightleyNews
07-09-2004, 07:14 PM
Basildon Park is the next location for filming. This is a stately home in West Berkshire, West of London. It will be used as the Bingley residence, Netherfield.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/berkshire/content/articles/2004/08/06/pride_and_prejudice_feature.shtml
http://www.pemberley.com/janeinfo/ppv1n01.html#netherfieldrev

Paul

PhoeniX
07-09-2004, 07:21 PM
no... i think it was her mum.... that's why i asked
you talk to keira at all... or did you just ask for her autograph?
I went up to her and asked her if I could have her autograph and she put down her tea and said ''Yes'' wrote/scribbled and then said "there you go" and I said thank you and she said ''anytime'' She asked me if her hair was OK as well and I said yes and she said ''good''

Tigerlily
08-09-2004, 09:03 AM
I'm a little embarrassed bout this, but I started reading Pride and Prejudice yesterday, and I almost couldn't stop reading it, it's a great book, so I really recommend it. If there's anyone except me who hadn't yet read it... :icon_redf :)

KnightleyNews
08-09-2004, 11:32 AM
Photos from this week's Stamford shoot:
http://www2.peterboroughtoday.co.uk/galleries/pride-prejudice/index_2.html

And an article:
http://www.peterboroughtoday.co.uk/ViewArticle2.aspx?SectionID=845&ArticleID=851484

Paul

Tigerlily
08-09-2004, 11:40 AM
Thank you lots! :king:

keiracaleb
08-09-2004, 05:04 PM
Hello, me again, erm just posting to say that i skived off schol today with my brother and dad to go see keira filming p&p in Weekley (near kettering) and after being there for hours (from 9:30am to 2pm) we spoke to an assistant director about maybe getting keira's autograph, he took our pen and pics and then went into the house and came out with them now signed by KEIRA! we also saw her loads of times just walking about, she was in a bit of a mood though, she didn't seem to happy. Bless, probably th heat it was soooooooo hot there today and she was wearing 18th century clothes....bloody boiling i bet!

KeirazBabe
08-09-2004, 05:16 PM
Wow i cant wait for the film! Ive had to read the book for English Lit i have about 5 pages left and i love it! such a great book :D

xXx

PhoeniX
08-09-2004, 06:40 PM
I'm a little embarrassed bout this, but I started reading Pride and Prejudice yesterday, and I almost couldn't stop reading it, it's a great book, so I really recommend it. If there's anyone except me who hadn't yet read it... :icon_redf :)

Why are you embarrassed? Your websites good

Edward
08-09-2004, 09:30 PM
nice keiracaleb, any scans?

frodo1511
08-09-2004, 11:57 PM
Cool, wished I met her at the shooting of one of her movies. Oh well, I still got to chat with her at the KA premiere in New York, so meh...

aznkkfan
09-09-2004, 12:38 AM
aw you guys so lucky!!! you got to meet her or get an autograph. i feel so left out. by the way, does anyone kno if she's still signing fanmail?

frodo1511
09-09-2004, 01:38 AM
Uh, I think so, just don't expect anything back for a while. A LONG WHILE.

Tigerlily
09-09-2004, 06:57 AM
Why are you embarrassed? Your websites good

aah, you know, just by the fact that Pride and Prjudice is such a classic, and that I haven't yet read it... even though everyone else has. hehe... But I'm reading it now, so... :)

And thanks lots for the compliments!!! Most appreciated!

egi_or_liz
09-09-2004, 12:16 PM
listen keira knightley has ruined one of my most fav films "Doctor Zhivago" and i seriously dont think she is ready for such roles it just seems so wrong for her to be lizzy.

After watching the 95 one i just cant see anyone else as her(nor can i c anyone else but colin firth as Mr Darcy :icon_popc )

Even then Jennifer Ehle's performance wasn't very pleasing. They only make this film once in a lifetime with a big budget. I suppose Lizzy is too unique to be played! :) :) :) :fencing:

keiracaleb
09-09-2004, 06:16 PM
One word: GRRRR! lol

PhoeniX
10-09-2004, 07:12 PM
aw you guys so lucky!!! you got to meet her or get an autograph. i feel so left out. by the way, does anyone kno if she's still signing fanmail?

I'm not sure i've been waiting for her autograph for about 6 months but I don't care any more :)

Margo Channing
26-09-2004, 11:49 AM
Does anyone know when they're going to release this?

Elijahfan
26-09-2004, 02:55 PM
I'm not sure i've been waiting for her autograph for about 6 months but I don't care any more :)

when she's busy (on movie sets) it usually takes her away from her agency, and that's where the mail goes to. she'll probably get to them if and when she gets time. i think she's doing domino next so it might not be for a while.

back on topic, many sources are saying the movie will come out next year around this time, september.

Margo Channing
26-09-2004, 03:27 PM
back on topic, many sources are saying the movie will come out next year around this time, september.
I hope that by "around this time" they mean August/October/November. September? The dumping ground. If the studios are even considering a September release...

frodo1511
26-09-2004, 03:31 PM
I hope that by "around this time" they mean August/October/November. September? The dumping ground. If the studios are even considering a September release...

Shaun of the Dead hit on friday, and it's in the top 10 best reviewed films of the year on Movies.com, so I beg to differ that P&P will do like shit.
I'm probably not going to see it in theaters, but I'm definiatly seeing the Jacket, bet you'r bottom dollar i am.