PDA

View Full Version : Pride and Prejudice

Pages : 1 2 [3]

AMBER
06-02-2006, 04:40 AM
That film was real good.Now I must read book and compare what's better.But now, because of Keira,film is on the top :icon_bigg To Amber: Don't worry I didn't see this kiss at the end too...They only stood and looking at each other...Maybe on special DVD edition will be this ending in my country:icon_conf

hi, this is one of my fav books, i've read it so many times.
maybe the version i downloaded from the internet is not US version, but now i've seen the KISS scene by downloading from http://www.keiraweb.com/pppromo.html, have a try, you'll see it too:) ,but it's not very clear.

i've asked my friends and colleagues, who have bought DVD of "p&p", whether they saw that KISS or not, the answer is "yes",haha ,obviously the DVD in my country copy the US version. so i'm going to buy this DVD:icon_popc

Viper_PL
06-02-2006, 05:24 AM
I must find out about this copy in my country.I hope it would be US version with this kiss at the end :) But even it wouldn't be US version I'm going to buy it too (I don't know when exactly is premiere this film on DVD in my country:icon_surp )

AMBER
06-02-2006, 05:45 AM
be patient, i think you'll soon find it. as a rule, the DVD came out about 3 months after the movie was shown in the cinema.

Viper_PL
06-02-2006, 06:19 AM
So I still have to wait 2 months and 3 days for this DVD:icon_icon But you're right..."all we need it's just a little patience" :icon_bigg

Kathleen
15-03-2006, 03:54 AM
The extra features are pretty good on the DVD, however there were some more diarys on the internet that they should have included. I also really wished Keira and some other cast members had done a commentary, that would have been great. The director didn't explain why they left the kiss out of some versions, which was a bit strange. It was great to see it though, such a nice scene. Agree?

carisse
16-03-2006, 04:15 AM
I watched the movie yesterday in the cinema and I was absolutely amazed at the quality and cast of the whole movie. The BBC version had some people I didn't quite think fitted for the role, (like Jane) but this version is fantastic. All the people were so fitted for the role (it was rather difficult I think, to find a 'Jane' because she had to be really pretty but not as special as Elizabeth)
This is one of my favourite movies ever!

BrunoJA
16-03-2006, 08:34 AM
Mine, too. I like it much more than the '95 miniseries. Much more enjoyable..

Niscen
03-04-2006, 05:39 PM
2 :icon_err:

SeattleGirl
09-04-2006, 03:28 AM
the movie was excellent !!!!! i've watched it for twice

Stephanie
10-04-2006, 11:17 PM
I also loved the movie =D
I'm from Peru...I've heard that there are 2 endings, can you tell me which ones are?

BrunoJA
10-04-2006, 11:22 PM
One ends on Mr Bennet giggling. The other ends at Pemberley. The think KeiraWeb still has that scene, if you haven't seen it...

Stephanie
12-04-2006, 12:10 AM
One ends on Mr Bennet giggling. The other ends at Pemberley. The think KeiraWeb still has that scene, if you haven't seen it...
Thank you :)

Something else, does the DVD comes with one or two discs?

Kathleen
12-04-2006, 04:52 AM
Just one I think. My DVD has one disc and has the special features on it.

carisse
18-04-2006, 05:27 AM
I saw the movie and it is SOOOO good. I think the role for Elizabeth is quite hard to find because Jane should be prettier but Elizabeth should be quite special and unique out of all the Bennets...all the roles in the movie fitted in perfectly! Even the Lady Catherine! Anyone agree with me? Hope so!:icon_mod:

Stephanie
30-04-2006, 08:03 PM
yeah...I agree with you :D

Does anyone know the name of the song Lizzy dances with Mr Collins? It's not in the soundtrack.

BrunoJA
02-05-2006, 02:38 PM
Ask at IMDb. They know all.

Kathleen
04-05-2006, 05:05 AM
Oooohhh I've been meaning to get the sountrack for a while. What is it like? The music is so nice. I love the piano themes.

BrunoJA
04-05-2006, 06:09 AM
The soundtrack is brilliant. As much as I liked the score for Brokeback Mountain, I was disappointed when Marianelli didn't win.

Anyway, it's a pretty varied soundtrack, with a few of the country dances and most of the music from the movie.

Highly recommended. :)

SeattleGirl
05-05-2006, 03:07 AM
but i think that Mathew doesnt do well in the movie . according to the original novel of <Pride & Prejudice> ,Mr.Darcy is so pride . but in the latest version,Mathew didnt act like that . it made me feel that Darcy was so shy ~ not so pride ~

BrunoJA
05-05-2006, 03:34 AM
It's certainly true that Macfadyen gave Darcy a different emphasis than say, I don't know...Colin Firth...but I would still say his Darcy is true to the book, and arguably more complex and interesting. :)

Kathleen
06-05-2006, 10:11 AM
Yes exactly, I love how he seems so hard to reach and is quite a challenge for Lizzy to get to know him. Mathew MacFadyen portrayed that beautifully.

filiz
11-05-2006, 05:56 PM
honestly,i didn't like it so much,but i liked keira's performance.:)

Alisa
14-05-2006, 01:55 AM
Best mvoie ever, Keira's acting abilities are amazing, she's just briliant.

filiz
14-05-2006, 03:07 PM
anyway,keira's partener will always be orli.:)

Pearl
14-05-2006, 03:26 PM
I don't think her and Orlando go well together at all. In Pirates I didn't feel any connection between them besides them throwing their lines as best they could at each other. I saw more of a connection between her and Johnny. But that's only because Johnny could bring out a connection in a sponge and turn it into a great romance.

inlove
01-06-2006, 02:57 PM
does anyone have clips that i can download of p&p as .zip format onto my computer?

keriamarilyn
24-06-2006, 04:01 AM
Am i the only one who thought that keria performance was err not that great i mean over all i loved the film to be honest i only realy loved Dme Judi dench , donald and Brenda My Darcy was ok loved the dirty look to the film the music. but compared to the BBC series i really think that she was to sultry for lizze , i mean i really to thing that keira is a great actress over all beatiful etc but can anyone see my point??:icon_conf
Please dont attack me !:fencing:
:icon_redf

thalynathy
13-07-2006, 12:05 AM
Best mvoie ever, Keira's acting abilities are amazing, she's just briliant.OHH YES THIS MOVIE IS BRILIANT, AND I THINK THAT IS KEIRA'S MORE MEMORABLE ROLE!

Hazzle
13-07-2006, 10:57 AM
Your signature is too big. Please read the rules:

http://www.kkwavefront.org/forums/showthread.php?t=46

Especially rule 4. 300 x 70 are maximum dimension for a signature.

keira89
13-07-2006, 11:44 AM
I like Elizabeth's british accent a lot and her acting was ok! but I prefer the original film with Colin Firth! on of my favourite british actors!

jeff--
13-07-2006, 03:21 PM
I really enjoyed this movie and thought Keira was brilliant in it. She definitely should have won best actress for it.

jack67
13-07-2006, 04:00 PM
I loved Pride and Prejudice!!! Keira was lovely in it, and she had chemistry with Matthew Macfadyen!!! All around great movie!!!!!!:Hail: :Hail:

Seydel
15-07-2006, 04:43 PM
Personally I prefer the BBC version. I reckon the acting in it is way better. And the Darcy is better. Also this is my "being true to the time period" picking.... Keira's too thin to be Liz. She has a lovely figure, don't get me wrong. I love her figure... but she's too thin to be Liz. Still it was enjoyable.

Violet
15-07-2006, 05:16 PM
Hmm that's interesting; I felt the film was far better. I'm not being biased to Keira, I honestly thought it was great because it's the way I would have made it. Admittedly I haven't seen the entire series of the BBC version, as we had taped it, but lost the second half... I think that perhaps Colin Firth's Mr Darcy was more true to the book, but I loved the way Matthew Macfadyen made Mr Darcy a character you could understand and be empathetic towards, rather than just managing to incite the intended hatred towards him in the first half of the BBC version. Also, I feel that Keira was a much better Lizzy, as I felt that Jennifer Ehle was too beautiful (ironic considering that was the reason Keira nearly wasn't cast). Jennifer Ehle with, her feminine looks and characteristics, outshone Susannah Harker's Jane, I feel, when Jane was supposed to be the beauty. Anyway, whilst I highly respect the BBC version, and think it was excellent, the film was, in my opinion, much better.

Seydel
15-07-2006, 11:49 PM
I personally like the fact that Colin Firth made Darcy completely disagreeable to begin with cause then when all secrets are revealed you go "oh god I was wrong!" As for Jennifer Ehle being too beautiful. I agree she's prettier than Jane but I suppose that you just have to suspend belief. I still think it better. Besides, it's six hours long. What's there not to like? :P I just think that the BBC version was truer to the book and truer to the time period than the movie. But it's all matters of opinion.

hsj0118
30-07-2006, 10:09 AM
Hello!!!
I am from China! I like Keira Knightley very very very very.....much.
Some films acted by her can not be download in China.
So I visit here now to find the films and want to make friends with you......
:)

Leonie
30-07-2006, 12:39 PM
Hello!!!
I am from China! I like Keira Knightley very very very very.....much.
Some films acted by her can not be download in China.
So I visit here now to find the films and want to make friends with you......
:)

That's wonderful, and I hope you have a good time at KKW, but I must point you to the newcomer's forum (http://www.kkwavefront.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=3) where you can start a thread to introduce yourself. This way, threads will stay on topic. Welcome anyway :)

Idle
30-07-2006, 03:49 PM
Also this is my "being true to the time period" picking.... Keira's too thin to be Liz.
Why? Is there anything in the book to support this notion?

We're told that Lizzy's figure is "light and pleasing" in chapter 6.

Lady Catherine offers to drive both Lizzy and Maria Lucas to London as they aren't very big (chapter 37):
... I should not object to taking you both, as you are neither of you large.
Georgiana Darcy - a 16 year old girl - is bigger than Lizzy (chapter 44):
Miss Darcy was tall, and on a larger scale than Elizabeth ...
And in chapter 49 we're told that she's lighter than Jane:
Jane, who was not so light nor so much in the habit of running as Elizabeth, soon lagged behind...

I would argue that Keira fits the description given in the novel better than Jennifer Ehle did. But also that they both did very well and that it's not very important how thin Lizzy is.

Hibumi
07-08-2006, 06:52 AM
It is really??

CountryTomboy91
07-08-2006, 04:45 PM
Don't care what people say about her not being the best Elizabeth. She seems to have played the role well and I got a great sense of connection between her and McFadyen.
It was brilliant.
I don't think it matters what she looks like or how thin she is. What matters is the role.

Mrs. Bale
07-08-2006, 11:25 PM
Yes exactly, I love how he seems so hard to reach and is quite a challenge for Lizzy to get to know him. Mathew MacFadyen portrayed that beautifully. I LIKE YOUR AVATAR!

Hazzle
08-08-2006, 07:06 AM
Don't get any ideas. Animated avatars are against the rules. Next.

Weglin
20-09-2006, 11:24 AM
To early.

kat
24-09-2006, 04:22 PM
Hey guys, I'm trying to find out if the "kaftan" style robe/dress/dressing gown that Keira wears in the movie is available to purchase!! Damn internet isn't being much help at all!!!!

Its in the scene where Mr Darcy comes back to the house where Charlotte and that live, and he leaves the letter behind explaining all about Wickham. She's staring into the mirror for what seems an eternity...

know the one I'm on about? Any help would be awesome! Just love that costume and would like to get my hands on one some how!!!

Thanks heaps
kat in oz

Leonie
24-09-2006, 09:08 PM
As it's just the clothing of that time, finding one in the shops is probably difficult, but you could try some place that rents out costumes for Halloween etc. If they don't want to sell what they have to you, at least they'll be able to tell you where you could get one :)

Alternatively, try to find a pattern and an aunt with a knack for sewing.

Surprize
19-05-2007, 01:20 PM
I just want to say that in my opinion the film is better and more interesting than the book

I Luv Keira
19-05-2007, 05:41 PM
Yeh, I never read books, but people only say the film is better, if they aint read the book...thats what they said about Harry Potter. (damn that book, I can't believe I waited in que at launch and didn't buy a copy!)

Lizzy Bennet
21-06-2007, 01:43 PM
I loved loved loooved that movie! I watched it bout 7 or 8 times already. And in a quite short period of time. But I can't tell if it's better/worse than the book, coz sadly I didn't read it. Yet. ;)

guitaristt
21-06-2007, 03:03 PM
Hmm this is not so bad i think.:)

Frank0756
21-06-2007, 09:29 PM
Normally I prefer books than films but in this case to be honest it is the first time Iím in the trouble to say which is the best. I also have to say I love Jane Austen and the novel.
It was certainly a great film featured by a great Keira. It was my most preferred film too.

Yuvik
23-06-2007, 01:50 PM
I saw Pride and Prejudice last week, and it's fantastic, i liked it a lot, i think i'm going to read it, and then i'll watch the movie again

jonvane
23-06-2007, 02:36 PM
Elizabeth Bennet - Keira Knightley
Jane Bennet - Rosamund Pike
The two would be attractive

Monika K.
28-06-2007, 11:06 AM
I saw this movie recently and I think, that it is very good.

DizzyMissLizzie
11-11-2007, 11:27 PM
Just wanted to say that I absolutely adore this film...have seen it at least 40 times already...no kidding! Thought Joe Wrgight did an excellent job...I like his way of thinking about showing everythinh sort of "utopiaised" is that a word? $) Anyway the film is brilliant and by the way the first one I saw Keira...brilliant performances and actually apart from the fact that Matthew MacFadyed HASN'T read the book itself his Mr Darcy I think was much more better than Colin Firth's...I suppose I'll get some objections on that one;) Was crossing my fingers for teh Oscar...bloody academy and whot's up with the BAFTA's? Bullocks...anyway there's still plenty of tme and with Atonement...crossed fingers again! ;)

Russian_Girl
16-01-2008, 02:40 PM
I love this film. It is very,very good!Keira is beautiful and Matthew`s sad eyes... ;) ahhh

maegan13
17-01-2008, 04:28 PM
I dont know, Colin Firth portrayed Darcy's brooding uprightz character very well, and i believed that he was tortured about lizzie (he is a good actor).

plus, i do believe him and his lizzie, Jennifer Ehle(sp?), were involved at the time so they had some definite sparks flying.

That said, my favorite part was her running in the the ran and Darcy running after her. All_Hail_Digital_Ice Keira was excellent in that scene!

Russian_Girl
17-01-2008, 05:24 PM
That said, my favorite part was her running in the the ran and Darcy running after her. All_Hail_Digital_Ice Keira was excellent in that scene![/quote]

+1
I love that scene too. It was very emotional moment. I am sad they did not kiss on end of scene $)

vincent_lo
23-01-2008, 03:00 PM
I saw Pride and Prejudice last week, and it's fantastic, i liked it a lot, i think i'm going to read it, and then i'll watch the movie again
After watching the movie,i am even afraid:| of reading the novel.'cause <3 elizabeth's figure in the novel can't be better than that in the movie.

maegan13
28-01-2008, 04:31 PM
elizabeth's figure in the novel can't be better than that in the movie.

it can and it is. trust me.

卡西莫多
27-02-2008, 02:42 AM
This is what i am going to do! But i don`t know read which language ,chinese or english.

卡西莫多
27-02-2008, 02:46 AM
l like that scene too.The beatiful scenery aslo attract me a lot!So,i do want to read the book .

x.keirafan.x
13-03-2008, 11:04 PM
I love this movie! It's my favourite book as well!