PDA

View Full Version : American Graffiti

Richard
05-11-2004, 08:14 PM
The first time I saw this movie, the only thing that surprised me the most was that George Lucas directed it. I don't know about you, but I've come to know George as "the director and creator of Star Wars", so to finally see his early work in this movie was simply delightful.

Being a fan of the 60s, I knew ahead of time while standing in the middle of the comedy section at Circuit City that liking this film was inevitable. So I bought, I watched, and I did. Isn't it weird, how much Richard Dreyfuss aged in the duration of two years before starring in Jaws? Or perhaps it was the beard that threw me off?

Anywho, the soundtrack to the movie was filled with popular music during that time. It without a doubt, added an extraordinary feeling to the depiction and recreation of the early 60s. George Lucas really followed through on showing that he's capable of telling several interesting stories about characters we actually do care about. I thought American Graffiti was and still is the perfect example of American Life during that time - but how would I know. :p

It was also a pleasure to see a young Ron Howard again.

In the end, it's still entertaining after all those years. I thought it was very sweet-hearted that delted with many penetrating issues. And for that, I'd at least recommend a viewing.

Your thoughts?

Hazzle
05-11-2004, 08:45 PM
I wholeheartedly concur with every sentiment Richard just expressed. Cunt left me no room to offer my own views...blasted ESP :mad: