PDA

View Full Version : Guy Fawkes Night

Sarah
05-11-2004, 05:14 PM
Anyone having a Bonfire party?

I have so sparklers, lol, I am such a baby. I'm going out later, too.

Whats everyone doing? If anything...

hasselbrad
05-11-2004, 06:48 PM
I'll be driving nearly 500 miles. Celebrate good times!

PhoeniX
05-11-2004, 07:10 PM
I'm going out tomorrow to the local display and going round to my evil, dog torturing, neighbours house today, and they are putting their first firework in about 10 minutes, last years was brilliant so this years better be aswell.
I'm thinking of burning something tomorrow with the oil in the shed and the logs for the fire.

Timmy
05-11-2004, 08:02 PM
i actually really dislike fireworks, i would ban them if i could

Hazzle
05-11-2004, 08:37 PM
I'm doing nowt actually. I mean I'm all for bonfire night...I just...fireworks get so boring after a while...oooh...wow...look at all the colours! I dunno...seems infantile...but then...I think that about a lot of holidays...maybe I'm just jaded and old before my time (I sound like I'm older than Hassel <runs> :p)

Narg
05-11-2004, 11:33 PM
What the fuck is Guy Fawkes Night.

duckula
05-11-2004, 11:48 PM
Guy Fawkes was a celebrated 12th Century baker. Each year we burn doughnuts in effigy and let off fireworks in celebration of his successes on the field of battle (NB It is thought that he single handedly defeated a battalion of light mongolian cavalry using only the power of his delicious malt loaf).

ryan
06-11-2004, 05:09 AM
i just got back from a friends where lots of vodka was consumed and many hours of halo played.

PhoeniX
06-11-2004, 10:33 AM
I don't really know why we actually celebrate a catholic royalist who tried to blow up the houses of parliament. Then he was Hung Drawn and Quatered.

Sarah
06-11-2004, 10:35 AM
I don't really know why we actually celebrate a royalist who tried to blow up the houses of parliament. Then he was Hung Drawn and Quatered.

Daft bat, we are supposed to be celebrating the fact that the plan was foiled. But I don't, I honour Guy Fawkes.

PhoeniX
06-11-2004, 11:56 AM
Daft bat, we are supposed to be celebrating the fact that the plan was foiled. But I don't, I honour Guy Fawkes.

OH! What the hell is the point in that? I mean celebrating the fact that he was caught, he would've completely changed history... evan though, if he had done it he would have deserved his fate if he was caught.

apoggy
06-11-2004, 11:58 AM
Daft bat, we are supposed to be celebrating the fact that the plan was foiled.

Hence the reason we burn the Guy.

Hazzle
07-11-2004, 01:11 AM
Hence the reason we burn the Guy.

True story. We celebrate the fact he didn't manage to incite a revolution, Bellum...we're kinda proud of the fact that unlike all the other fucktard democracies we didn't need a revolution to get there. We rock.