PDA

View Full Version : May 19, 2005...

frodo1511
04-11-2004, 11:41 PM
...that's the tenetive release date of Star Wars:Episode III: Revenge of the Sith. I was watching TRL this afternoon, and they showed the teaser trailer for this movie. I have to say, that after a 1-2 minute teaser, I'm fucking stoked for this flick. It'll sure as hell surpass the other two prequals, and from what I dug up on another forum, could rival the Empire Strikes back for best movie in the saga. If you missed the teaser, it's also premiering in the previews for the Incredibles(kinda like Monster's Inc. and Episode II). If I find it on the net, I'll link it(or if someone else finds it first)

EDIT:
http://www.themoviebox.net/movies/2005/STUVWXYZ/StarWarsEpisode3/trailer.php]
here's the link, it's a little dark, I appologize.

Renegade
05-11-2004, 05:23 AM
http://www.kkwavefront.org/forums/showthread.php?t=407&highlight=revenge+sith
Here's the link, it's a little old, I apologize.

Cmon Frodo, search button. You know better...wait, do you?

Anywho, I actually saw the trailer on TV. It looked good, though they didn't show much. There was a small clip showing Anakin forcing Obi-wan to direct his lightsaber towards himself. That, I liked.

blueeyebrit
05-11-2004, 06:55 AM
I'm yet to see the trailer (still downloading - damn 56k) but by all accounts the third Star Wars film is set to be one of the better ones. Damn shame Keira won't be in it!

Narg
05-11-2004, 07:00 AM
Link dosnt work.. If any1 finds another one, could they please post it. I wouldnt mind seeing it.

EDIT: I found a torrent link for it
http://66.90.75.92/suprnova//torrents/2954/Starwars%20Ep%203%20Trailer%20FULL(8MBpsDivxHD-48khzStereo-16x9)%5Bimegabyte%5D.torrent

and its all over most p2p programs, not sure if your allowed to download it yet tho, legally.. its supposed to be for paying subscribers to sw.com ah well..

Spire
05-11-2004, 08:12 AM
could rival the Empire Strikes back for best movie in the saga.

You are the dumbest person alive. Not even George Lucas thinks that I bet. He's gone fucking nuts and butfucked his franchise, but even he knows the prequels don't come close to touching origianl trilogy.

bob
05-11-2004, 12:25 PM
i'm with spire on this. frodo, you seem like the type who is fascinated by shiny things.

i'm disenchanted. i can't even stand the special editions let alone the prequels. and even the cast is disappointed, just look at ewan and natalie's comments regarding the films.

Narg
05-11-2004, 01:01 PM
You are the dumbest person alive. Not even George Lucas thinks that I bet. He's gone fucking nuts and butfucked his franchise, but even he knows the prequels don't come close to touching origianl trilogy.

Your both stupid, it might be shit, it might be good, it might even be the best, no motherfucker has seen it, so no1 knows. pointless speculation is, well.., pointless.

Sarah
05-11-2004, 02:22 PM
Seen the trailer. Loved it. Can't wait for the film.

Jasper
05-11-2004, 03:27 PM
It won't be as good as the middle 3.

There was a reason Lucas chose the middle 3 episodes to start with, because they were the most exciting/entertaining.

Sarah
05-11-2004, 04:28 PM
It won't be as good as the middle 3.

There was a reason Lucas chose the middle 3 episodes to start with, because they were the most exciting/entertaining.

You make it sound as though he is still planning to do VII VIII and IX.

Just for the recond. George Lucas is not making them.

This is it, the last ever episode.

bob
05-11-2004, 04:33 PM
maybe jasper's just being an optimist.

and narg, let's be realistic, it doesn't have half a chance of being the best if hayden christensen's in it. 'nuff said.

Spire
05-11-2004, 04:39 PM
While Lucas denies that he's planning on making VII, VIII, and IX, he also denied for 15 years that he was making I, II, and III. In a recent interview with Mark Hamill (you can actually download the clip of him saying it) he said that George Lucas asked him if he we like to star in Episodes VII, VIII, and IX. Hamill said sure, and asked when they'd be released and Lucas said "Oh, around 2011 or so."

bob
05-11-2004, 04:44 PM
hey, provided they do a better job with casting this time around, and provided lucas tries to stick to the EU canon rather than making up his own mumbo jumbo (the prequels almost killed me) then i'd be fine with it. no jar jars or haydens. ick.

Sarah
05-11-2004, 04:55 PM
They are not happening.

Richard
05-11-2004, 07:01 PM
I just recently rewatced episodes 4, 5, and 6 - but still haven't seen the first two. No doubt I'll be seeing this, just don't know when.

Spire
05-11-2004, 07:54 PM
They are not happening.

We'll see. I personally hope they don't happen, since Lucas would just screw'em up. But I think Mark Hamill would know a bit more about it than you would.

DragonRat
05-11-2004, 07:57 PM
I'm actually psyched for Episode III. It will certainly be much darker than the previous two episodes: of course, most people will agree that Episode V, the darkest of the entire Star Wars hexology, is the finest film in the series. Of course, because it's in a current pre-trilogy that has not succeeded in the older three, I'm not putting a lot of credit into it. But I will see it.

I doubt Lucas would be willing to make Episodes 7-9. If I were to want those done, I'd want the Zahn books - the Thrawn Trilogy - to be filmed (because those were the first books Lucas allowed in the Expanded Universe), and to be directed/produced/written by someone other than Lucas, though he would definitely have a major hand in it. And the old cast seems too old to make those films, and it would be a major media coup to see who would be cast as the new Luke, Han, Leia, etc.

Hazzle
05-11-2004, 08:34 PM
I personally reckon Revenge of The Sith (I refuse to use the episode numbers...it's tacky) has potential, at least in terms of plot. I reckon, given the storyline, it should be darker than even The Empire Strikes Back. I'm with DR entirely on this...which doesn't actually surprise me as DR is a man of immense intellect.

frodo1511
05-11-2004, 09:16 PM
You are the dumbest person alive.

No, from the information I've found on III, this guy said it would rival Empire Strikes Back, so shut up.
Beware, though, their is a shit load of spoilers throughout the link below:

Click it. (http://boards.theforce.net/Revenge_of_the_Sith_(Spoilers_Allowed)/b10331/17297520/?190/)

PS. I apologize that their was already an Episode III thread, but that was back in July/August, so it deserved a new link IMO.

bob
06-11-2004, 05:30 AM
No, from the information I've found on III, this guy said it would rival Empire Strikes Back, so shut up.
hellooooo! hayden christensen is the focus of the movie. let's be realistic about the movie's chances.

quoting dragonrat
if lucas actually did approach the original cast, chances are the movies are taking place in the NJO timeline (i know people don't like the njo) or he's going to make up his own shit.

GODDAMN I HATE LUCAS.

ok... i'm calm, very much controlled. and i actually read that lucas didn't want to do any more movies but he was showing interest in making a television serial... which is kinda tacky (star trek, anyone?)

barrington
06-11-2004, 02:52 PM
It's got Natalie Portman and planet-sized things going boom. How can it possibly be bad? Oh.

In case anyone's wrestling with outdated trailer links or registration - The Trailer Is Here! (http://www.moviecitynews.com/arrays/media/2004/sith_teaser.html)

Spire
06-11-2004, 04:20 PM
Beware, though, their is a shit load of spoilers throughout the link below:

Click it. (http://boards.theforce.net/Revenge_of_the_Sith_(Spoilers_Allowed)/b10331/17297520/?190/)

Oh, that's even better. Listen, it's pretty much 100% impossible for Lucas to create something that can even come close to the original trilogy. He's lost it. If you honestly believe Episode III will be better than ESB, well, you have a complete and utter lack of taste. Thanks to the first two prequels, we already hate and have no interest in the characters, know that the dialogue will be atrocious, and that Lucas will once again whore out CG effects.

And don't use that guy as an excuse. "Who is more foolish? The fool, or the fool who follows him?"

frodo1511
07-11-2004, 12:57 AM
Oh, that's even better. Listen, it's pretty much 100% impossible for Lucas to create something that can even come close to the original trilogy. He's lost it. If you honestly believe Episode III will be better than ESB, well, you have a complete and utter lack of taste. Thanks to the first two prequels, we already hate and have no interest in the characters, know that the dialogue will be atrocious, and that Lucas will once again whore out CG effects.

I never said it would be better than ESB, I said it would RIVAL it, as in numero duo position in the saga. It's gonna be PG-13, which means an edgier story, fiercer battles, and the CGI looks absolutley stunning. No doubt this will be the best prequal, and it's getting high hopes from many. Don't knock it until you tried it Spire.

Hazzle
07-11-2004, 01:17 AM
Fuck the doubters. It's easier to knock the movie than to actually look at the plot and realise the PLOT of this is actually FAR better than that to ESB with the completion of Anakin's fall to the Dark Side. True, there may be doubts over whether Lucas and this cast can actually execute it, but the plot must at least make one HOPE this will rival ESB. If not Lucas will have pissed over the part of the hexology that for me SHOULD be the best. Why not actually see the movie and hope, but not too highly...that'd be the smartest way to go.

bob
07-11-2004, 01:24 AM
I said it would RIVAL it, as in numero duo position in the saga
how does that work? ep 3 to ep5? it'd make more sense if you were comparing ep2 to ep5 but we all know what went wrong there (HAYDEN CHRISTENSEN) and saying that it would 'rival' ESB is suggesting that it has the potential to be better than it. stop implying that.

and i completely agree with spire. CG fx are for making unrealistic things more realistic, i don't know how lucas manages it but he seems to go in the opposite direction. and people keep blaming the stale performances on the dialogue. that's only 50% of the issue. the other 50% of utter wrongness came from the actor's performances. lucas interviews how many goddamn fucking blonde guys for the role of anakin, and he chooses the one who has potentially the least amount of chemistry with natalie portman?! it's ridiculous! but his plan worked - bored insipid teenage girls flocked to star wars like they never have before.

episode 3 has the potential to be the greatest one in the prequel trilogy, but the standard's not very high in the first place.

frodo1511
07-11-2004, 01:27 AM
Fuck the doubters. It's easier to knock the movie than to actually look at the plot and realise the PLOT of this is actually FAR better than that to ESB with the completion of Anakin's fall to the Dark Side. True, there may be doubts over whether Lucas and this cast can actually execute it, but the plot must at least make one HOPE this will rival ESB. If not Lucas will have pissed over the part of the hexology that for me SHOULD be the best. Why not actually see the movie and hope, but not too highly...that'd be the smartest way to go.

Hazzle, I love you.

Spire
07-11-2004, 01:28 AM
I never said it would be better than ESB, I said it would RIVAL it, as in numero duo position in the saga. It's gonna be PG-13, which means an edgier story, fiercer battles, and the CGI looks absolutley stunning. No doubt this will be the best prequal, and it's getting high hopes from many. Don't knock it until you tried it Spire.

Bad news. Lucas signed merchandise contracts (mostly for toys) that require the film be rated PG. If it's anything else, he'll have his ass sued off and be breaking the law. Lucas just couldn't keep his greed in check.

frodo1511
07-11-2004, 01:29 AM
Bad news. Lucas signed merchandise contracts (mostly for toys) that require the film be rated PG. If it's anything else, he'll have his ass sued off and be breaking the law. Lucas just couldn't keep his greed in check.

Well, then he'll be sued. You can't make a movie this dark PG, it's simply inhumane.

bob
07-11-2004, 01:34 AM
but everyone knows what happens. the problem with this scenario is that it's been placed in the hands of an inexperienced or just plain incompetent actor. star wars fans don't watch the prequels because they want to know what happened before the trilogy (we know what happened) we want to see HOW it happened. we want it to unfold before us in a seemless manner like how the original trilogy unfolded before us.

but it's been a rocky ride.

and what ever happened to micro machines? where have they gone!?

Hazzle
07-11-2004, 02:02 AM
Hazzle, I love you.

I love you too.

but everyone knows what happens. the problem with this scenario is that it's been placed in the hands of an inexperienced or just plain incompetent actor. star wars fans don't watch the prequels because they want to know what happened before the trilogy (we know what happened) we want to see HOW it happened. we want it to unfold before us in a seemless manner like how the original trilogy unfolded before us.

I agree, that true star wars fans KNOW the story...and that it's about seeing how it plays out on the screen...which is where the other prequels fucked up...but you never know...he (I assume you mean Hayden) may surprise you.

bob
07-11-2004, 02:16 AM
yes, he might. and every optimist here was right in saying that we can't knock it if we haven't seen it. but i'd prefer to keep my expectations low. i went into Ep2 with high expectations, it was the first star wars film i actually frowned in.

Hazzle
07-11-2004, 02:20 AM
yes, he might. and every optimist here was right in saying that we can't knock it if we haven't seen it. but i'd prefer to keep my expectations low. i went into Ep2 with high expectations, it was the first star wars film i actually frowned in.

Keep em low. I am too...but I still think it's worth seeing.

bob
07-11-2004, 02:34 AM
but part of my dislike also has to do with the fact that lucas has broken away from what i expected the films to be. if you think about it, he says he's trying to emulate the style of the original trilogy but to make it suit it's contemporary audience. the original trilogy was camp given the fact that it was made during the 70s/80s. however the prequels are really camp even though they're recent.

then he says that he's marketing it at kids, just like the original trilogy was marketed at kids. if that's the case, then why is the humour less mature than that of the original trilogy? it's like he's dumbing down the prequels to suit with a dumber audience. i just don't get where he's going.

Jacoby
07-11-2004, 03:17 PM
In case anyone's wrestling with outdated trailer links or registration - The Trailer Is Here! (http://www.moviecitynews.com/arrays/media/2004/sith_teaser.html)

Thank you, Barrington.

It looks alright. I'm not a big Star Wars fan, though. I'll see it to support Natalie.

Ashley
07-11-2004, 07:29 PM
The lava part in the trailer reminds me of Baz's terragen render The Infected Forest... mxied with his render Volcano. Looks good though, I have hope for this one.

frodo1511
07-11-2004, 08:15 PM
I need to gets me some of those contacts Hayden is wearing in the trailer:P

Spire
07-11-2004, 08:54 PM
Well, then he'll be sued. You can't make a movie this dark PG, it's simply inhumane.

Sorry, it's going to happen. He's bound by law now. You can have a dark film if you cut out the gore and some of the violence.

blueeyebrit
07-11-2004, 09:14 PM
Well I finally got around to seeing the trailer, not the greatest trailer in existance (which teaser trailer is?) but certainly promising. It's worth seeing if only for the glimpse of Palpatine with a lightsabre and some really bad tooth-rot.

ryan
07-11-2004, 09:18 PM
it's got yoda fighting again, the emperor fighting, lots of sabre-action, more natalie portman, and wookies galore.

it's going to kick ass.

frodo1511
07-11-2004, 10:12 PM
You can have a dark film if you cut out the gore and some of the violence.

Yeah, but it's not the same. Oh sure, I guess you can have a story involving the total annihilation of a race, the killing of a wife, and major lightsaber battles in a dark movie, just minus the killing, annihilating, and killing, and add in sing-a-long songs. I'm sure it'l still be good.

bob
08-11-2004, 12:49 AM
you'll note that it's all about the lack of blood. you can have a high artillery shoot 'em up frenzy for an M-rating, it's just that there's a distinct lack of blood. but you don't need violence to make a film dark... most violent films aren't that dark anyway. thrillers take a better and more subtle route than horror/action.

and star wars deaths are always so camp in the first place. i feel more sympathy for the starfighter pilots who go down screaming, rather than the jedi who get cut down. look at AOTC, that major battle on genosha was so goddamn camp that i wasn't sure i wanted the jedi to win. i was disappointed by both sides. and jango fett met a storybook ending, it was lame. i'm starting to think that lucas makes the major armies a) droids b) aliens c) clone troops - just so that he can save the effort of actually orchestrating a fight and instead just paints it all out in CG.

did i mention i hate lucas? and i think i'm one of the few people who finds a hyperactive yoda very annoying. i always imagined his fighting style to be more subdued to show how he was in control. instead he's like a rabid puppy jumping for snacks.

but as for ROTS:
reckon padme's gonna get murdered, have an accident, or die after giving birth?
or do you reckon she's gonna live and her death won't be chronicled in the movies?

seventhson
08-11-2004, 01:11 AM
Hmmf, It will just be another movie...Wake me when it's over and we can do something.

SeventhSon

bob
08-11-2004, 01:13 AM
yes, way to add to the conversation... :|

Sarah
09-11-2004, 09:48 PM
Spoiler about Episode III, so read on only if you want to know anything about it.

Evil Anakin force chokes Padmé. Choke! (http://www.padmeswardrobe.com/images/episodeIII/choking.jpg)

Doubt this will kill her, because she is still visually pregnant here. Have to wait and see what happens.

Mandy
09-11-2004, 11:32 PM
hellooooo! hayden christensen is the focus of the movie. let's be realistic about the movie's chances.

Ugh! So Hayden Fagentsten IS going to be in it? That kinda just ruined my night.
I can't stand him. His voice is whiny and his acting is horrendous.

Ashley
10-11-2004, 12:42 AM
I still think he's hot and mighty talented... and Life As A House was fabulous, as was Shattered Glass. I don't think you can judge based on the SW movies, if we make all our judgements on that what would we think of Ewan or our dear Natalie?

bob
12-11-2004, 11:16 AM
hayden can be very hot. talent... well... we'll leave that to personal opinion.

if i were to judge ewan and natalie based off the sw movies, i'd say they were bored and unenthusiastic. as for the spoiler - that bastard! then again, i guess a dark lord of the sith wouldn't be above wife beating...

frodo1511
13-11-2004, 04:57 AM
Two words:
General Grievous:

bob
14-11-2004, 06:55 PM
kinda looks like the very first angel that eva unit01 encounters.

frodo1511
30-12-2004, 05:30 PM
OK, this is targeted at owners of the "trilogy": What did you guys think about the featurette on the making-of Episode III?

I thought it was very informative about the plot, the re-making of Darth Vader's helmat, and the fact that Hayden will wear the suit, not someone else like in the trilogy. Also, the final fight between Aniken and Obi-Wan will rule-even with the green screen production clip in the making-of, it still looks great. Can't wait until May.

Renegade
30-12-2004, 07:30 PM
It was nice. They could of plugged a bit more Portman in there but it's fine. I do hope there's more to the fight sequence than what they showed.

frodo1511
30-12-2004, 08:25 PM
You don't have to worry about that, Ren. They just gave you a taste of what was to come. I would have also like to see more of Ms. Portman, but alas, the title("The Return of Darth Vader") made it hard to see anything besides Aniken/Darth.

FooTM
31-12-2004, 02:05 AM
How does Grievious fit into the story? I like Star Wars, but I don't know all the little bits about it.

frodo1511
31-12-2004, 03:21 AM
How does Grievious fit into the story? I like Star Wars, but I don't know all the little bits about it.

Grievious is a droid that, if memory seves, can weild a lightsaber.
Oh, and he's hard as fuck to kill.

bob
05-01-2005, 12:09 AM
a droid that wields a lightsaber. i'm disappointed already. and isn't that kinda like a match wielding fire? ok that obviously didn't make any sense.

FooTM
05-01-2005, 12:11 AM
I believe www.ign.com have some new caps on the movie, can't be arsed to get them myself mind

frodo1511
05-01-2005, 01:12 AM
I believe www.ign.com have some new caps on the movie, can't be arsed to get them myself mind

Here, I wasn't lazy:P

http://filmforce.ign.com/starwars/articles/576/576855p1.html

General Grievous looks incredibly badass wielding dual-lightsabers.
Warning, however, some spoilers may be contained in the pics...

frodo1511
05-02-2005, 11:26 PM
http://search.stores.ebay.com/search/search.dll?query=Star+Wars+MTV&fcl=3&fci=0&sofp=0&fsn=Universal+Music+Store&from=R10&sasel=58036930

MTV is auctioning off a pair of tickets to the Episode III premiere, with a trip to Skywalker Ranch. With 8 days left, however, both are going for 3 grand:(

FooTM
28-02-2005, 02:54 PM
http://www.tpu.fi/~t4jlaaks/ep3/

^^^ Heavy spoilers, tons of pics.

frodo1511
10-03-2005, 12:23 PM
UPDATE:
For those who watch the OC, be sure to watch this evening: the new trailer for ROTS will be airing. If you manage to miss it, check out Robots this weekend:it's scheduled to be in most cuts of the movie.

frodo1511
12-03-2005, 03:31 AM
Ok, I wasn't this excited for a movie trailer since Return of the King-ROTS just topped my summer movie list. Everything just looks so, dark in it. You see the transformation of Anakin and Palpatine(who needs some toothpaste), as well as see Natalie crying(makes me a sad panda). My favorite part was when Mace Windu and 4 of his "friends" busts into Palpatine's room

Mace-"You're under arrest, Chancellor."
Palpatine- "Are you threatening me, Master Jedi?"
cue bad-ass mofo.

I'm now uber-excited for school to end this year.

Oh, and it's even more of a possibility that ROTS will get a PG-13 rating.

frodo1511
15-03-2005, 12:13 AM
http://movies.channel.aol.com/feature/starwars/trailer.adp

Here's the link to the trailer, a must-watch.

Sarah
24-03-2005, 02:05 PM
Any of you sad gits collect Star Wars stuff?

I am a sad git, and yes, I collect Star Wars stuff :)
Ooooooh Revenge of the Sith mechandise is starting to arrive at my door. I have the sneak preview of Grevie and I also have Mon Mothma and Padmé which aren't supposed to be on sale until 2nd April. Naughty naugty naughty!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v156/mappers/room01.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v156/mappers/room02.jpg

Some people need to get a life, don't they...